Building a car hauler business

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 173)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Louis Zuniga in Phoenix, Arizona

39 months ago

Louis Zuniga in Phoenix, Arizona said: Those sites keep you with steady work every week?

What insurance company u use

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

cargilshauling in Conklin, New York

39 months ago

HI

I'm Dennis I own and operate Cargill's Hauling In upstate,NY (Binghamton)Area. My business is New to me and hauling. I have drove truck over the years. I have a lot of experience on the road. I have worked for a paving company hauling all sorts of equipment. In the last year I have tried running Campers Over the road with my own 750k insurance. Running under there rights i thought i made no money at that. Now i would like to try something different i would like to either run under someones rights or get my own running rights with what i own. I'm looking for help to see what i can do what i should do or is this not going to make me any money... My truck is setup for 5th,goose,bumper pull i only have a single wheel 7.3l 99 ford f350. I would like to get my insurance my dot numbers and pull my 16ft car trailer that is grossed at 7k. I know its not much but it could haul a lot of things but is it worth my time? Could i start this local or just in NY to get something bigger at a later date.. I really need some good answers I'm unable to get any Funding as my business is too NEW. I'm working with a small amount of cash right now hoping this small plan will start something big in the later years.. What can you guys give me idea's with so i can start pulling in some funds. You can email me at CargillHauling@gmail.com Please no spam

Thanks

Dennis

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

cargilshauling in Conklin, New York

39 months ago

Cargils Hauling in Conklin, New York said: HI

I'm Dennis I own and operate Cargill's Hauling In upstate,NY (Binghamton)Area. My business is New to me and hauling. I have drove truck over the years. I have a lot of experience on the road. I have worked for a paving company hauling all sorts of equipment. In the last year I have tried running Campers Over the road with my own 750k insurance. Running under there rights i thought i made no money at that. Now i would like to try something different i would like to either run under someones rights or get my own running rights with what i own. I'm looking for help to see what i can do what i should do or is this not going to make me any money... My truck is setup for 5th,goose,bumper pull i only have a single wheel 7.3l 99 ford f350. I would like to get my insurance my dot numbers and pull my 16ft car trailer that is grossed at 7k. I know its not much but it could haul a lot of things but is it worth my time? Could i start this local or just in NY to get something bigger at a later date.. I really need some good answers I'm unable to get any Funding as my business is too NEW. I'm working with a small amount of cash right now hoping this small plan will start something big in the later years.. What can you guys give me idea's with so i can start pulling in some funds. You can email me at CargillHauling@gmail.com Please no spam

Thanks

Dennis

Hi

Also to add Being my trailer is way under 24k and is under 7k and there fore i should be no way over 24k Should i have to pay more for insurance/registration When i order my plates again.? So really at this point Do i really need my DOT stickers unless i go out of my state? Any info is great Thanks

Dennis

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

dulian82 in Hampton, Virginia

37 months ago

Hello everyone my name is Julian and I'm from virginia. I have a 2006 ford f350 drw and i been hauling with a single car traile. Trying to upgrade to a 3/4 car hauler but i have some question like do i need a cdl or was the best way to jump into it. If anyone can help me i would appreciated. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Stacie in Portland, Oregon

37 months ago

I am a former broker and my boyfriend is currently a carrier with a Ford F450 dually and 4 car Kauffman. Your direction is good though there are key steps that are missing from your plan. Have you thought about getting trained on how to run a vehicle shipping company? The licensing is of course first and something to take time with as if it isn’t correct it can delay your operations. Insurance is a simple process though if you are going to be running certain states beyond you DOT number you will need state licensing. Central dispatch is free for 30 days when a new subscriber after that it’s pay per month. I think you need to maybe work closer with your friend and learn everything.
Best of luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

norcal28 in Daly City, California

37 months ago

Daenekas in Danbury, Connecticut said: Hi, I recently met someone who has 4 flatbed trucks working out of CentralDispatch. Since the day I saw how that works I have been researching about opening a small company to haul cars. I am looking for advice to confirm if my business plan is realistic.

My plan is to buy a older (not too old) diesel flatbed truck and stay under 26k lb., get the 750k liability insurance and register for my MC# and DOT#.
After everything is ready my plan is to start with CentralDispatch only, maybe hauling 5/6 cars a day (short distances in my are usually goes for $150) by matching the drop-off locations with the next pick-up location. I want to stay under 26k to keep the overhead costs lower and not to have to get a CDL at first.

My questions are:

- Am I missing any step on the process of setting up the company and truck? (insurance, license, truck setup)
- Will Central Dispatch give me enough work at the beginning while I look for other customers?
- Me and my wife live a simple life, we only need $3/4k a month to pay the bills, but we sure would put the extra money to good use.Is it safe to start with Central Dispatch only? Will it at least pay my bills? I figured that the truck (gas, insurance and maintenance) will cost me around $2300 a month.

Any other suggestion will be very appreciated. I understand that a flatbed truck to haul one car at a time is not a money-maker, but please understand, I don't wanto to become rich, just want to be able to pay the bills and have the flexibility of being my own boss.By the way, I love cars and to be on the road.

My plan is to do this before the fall. Thank you!

I am a broker & am always looking to get drivers for certain areas I can rely on for dispatches instead of waiting on central dispatch

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

aarongelineau in Vacaville, California

36 months ago

Hey everyone,
Im looking to start a small transport business. I will be mostly working alone. I can get an awesome deal on a 40ft flatbed with ramps built by PJ. Cost on trailer around 6k. I will be using my old girl 87 Ford F350 4x4 7.5L big block with heavy duty C6 transmission. My question is what will it take for me to start from the ground up? I figure a flat bed will be locally beneficial to haul farm equipment as well. I will eventually obtain a CDL for future advancement. What am i looking at for start up costs and legality? Please reply via email with advice, ive got many years towing large and small trailers.

Thanks a ton,
Aaron

KG6NCL@YAHOO.COM

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sergei Fedorov in Hamilton, Ontario

36 months ago

Hello everyone.
I started hauling cars couple months ago with F350 Ford with 3 car wedge
that pretty popular combination for beginers . Majority of US drivers don't go to Canada , but majority
of Canadians do cross a border pretty often .
So a big licence starts from 26001 LBS in all states except California .But as far as I know If you are legal in your home state you you can drive in other states without worry including Canadian provinces.
The way I see it if you hold a class A licence it is pointless to haul 3 cars or less .You need a bigger truck or just work as a regular truck driver a don't hussle yourself with all of those problems that always will be there in this business
Some people can not get CDL , at least not just yet , because of the timing or funds run low or something else. So you start with a regular licence and try to stay under 26K with 3 cars and if things will go well only than upgrade .

Here is the question . Canada DO NOT HAVE GVWR . I always try to stay under
26K but I if I go over let's say 300 lbs.( Last time I went on scale at truck stop with two sedans and a small pick up 26320 lbs with almost full tank of diesel )

Truckers said a few hundred lbs it is not a big deal . But if I run into somebody at scales and he will give me bunch of tickets .
BUT !! like I said CANADA dos not have GVWR . I am licenced in QUEBEC .
Quebec transportation says if truck is less than 4500KG /10000 LBS NO CDL NEEDED REGARDLESS OF THE TRAILER'S WEIGHT. On Canadian scales they count axles and weight they have formula or something to calculate I have no clue . So if I get a ticket in USA for overweight looks like I can easily beat this in a court but I always try not to overweight a trailer. Even 26000 it is a bit heavy for f350 especially on a steep hills
Other Canadian provinces have weight limit on trailer like California 10 000,
and class A needed except Quebec.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Glenn in Tracy, California

36 months ago

Seriously considering starting my own auto hauling business. I'm based out of north/central California (off hwy 205, near I5). First, I have to purchase a pickup to haul a 3/4 car trailer, then purchase the trailer. I'm a chevy man, so would prefer Chevy or GMC if I can find one, Dodge would be my next choice. Should the pickup be a 1 ton dually extended cab? And if so, where can I have a truck set up for hauling a 3/4 car trailer? Would I have to have a receiver welded to the frame rails in the bed area? My initial concern is the equipment. I will then work on insurance and any permits I may need. I already have my CDL. I understand this will take some time to get the business end going, but right now I'm more concerned about the equipment, as I mentioned. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Camshaftkid@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

jbroyles70@*****.*** in Lincoln, Illinois

36 months ago

I am considering starting an auto transport company in Central Illinois area, I would like any info and advice on getting started. I am curious of going rates ect...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Wanda in Mobile, Alabama

35 months ago

I tried to register on autoexpeditor.com, and it would not let me, said I was spam. I am not spam, just work for a new trucking company trying to find all the info we need to get us hauling cars. He has a 6 car hauler, his own authority, and ready to run. Thanks so much.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Don in Largo, Florida

35 months ago

Hello I'm thanking about started my own car hauling business can any one help me please

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Don in Largo, Florida

34 months ago

Don in Largo, Florida said: Hello I'm thanking about started my own car hauling business can any one help me please

Email at astepaabove@yahoo.com

Manny G. in Modesto, California

33 months ago

Hello ,I will be ready to start car hauling very soon and I would like to get in touch
with you maybe we can work together iam in the Modesto area not to far from Tracy and Sacramento
auto auctions. Heres my e-mail manuel_gonzalez33@yahoo.com

Redz02 in Martinsville, Virginia

32 months ago

Dino in Richwood, Ohio said: Take a look at uship.com, this site, you should be able to find work just using your truck to haul boats and trailer, you should read all the info and become a legal carrier, MC & DOT with commerical insurance . You can make more money being legal, this opens all doors to loads boards that have small ltl shippments to ship. Good Luck

Yesterday I sent off for my MC numbers and Authorities, but it's going to be 3-4 weeks. Is there anything I can haul, legally, without these numbers, such as boats or small cargo? I have been hauling Christmas Trees on my 20' dual tandem goose-neck trailer for a few years now. I also have (2) Big Tex Dump Trailers (Dual Tandem 10,000 lb axle, 4' sides - very nice outfit) that I recently came across for a job that fell through :( What are the weight classifications to have these numbers? I have scoped out uship.com and there are a number of boats that I could bid on, but I'm unsure and want to go about this the legal way. If anyone has any information that could/would help, email me: nyteprowler02@yahoo.com thanks

ErinsonD in Boynton Beach, Florida

30 months ago

How much of insurance should I get to start getting car from central dispatch? I'm planning to get a dually with a 3/4 car trailer. I would like to make $1,200- $1500 per week, 5 days away, can that be possible? Thank everyone for the help. ErinsonD

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (42) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Chris Lacy in Chicago Heights, Illinois

30 months ago

Does anyone have any info on what it takes to get consistant car hauling freight in the Chicago area? I'm planning on buying a dually with 3/4 car trailer. I understand the legal side of the business as far as the DOT is concerned. I just need to find freight and info on competitive shipping rates. Also, if there's a local driver in this area; I'll work for free to gain some experience with hauling cars as long as its local and I have a perfect driving record with a class A CDL.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

gmck in Baltimore, Maryland

30 months ago

what is the start up cost for this type of business. including fees , purchase equipment, and proper licenses

Lawrence Stepney in Chicago, Illinois

30 months ago

Hi I am currently trying to get into the car hauling business in the chicagoland area. Maybe we can compare notes or see if maybe I have some info that you don't or vice versa. Just a longshot but email me @ boxer4life44@gmail.com thanks

30 months ago

norcal28 in Daly City, California said: I am a broker & am always looking to get drivers for certain areas I can rely on for dispatches instead of waiting on central dispatch

I am in the process of starting a car hauling business based out of Chicago, IL. Would you be interested in somone in this area ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

titojmendoza in Cape Coral, Florida

29 months ago

Im thinking of getting into the car carrier buisness with a dually and a 3 to 4 car trailer.
i need basic info like if i need any type of cdl what type of insurance what are the procces to be done to open the company and around how much would i be spending to get started.
Any helpful tips would be highly appriciated an thank you for your time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

29 months ago

Lawrence Stepney in Chicago, Illinois said: I am in the process of starting a car hauling business based out of Chicago, IL. Would you be interested in somone in this area ?

Norcal28 could you contact me with your information so that i can bounce some ideas off of you. I would also like to give you a time table on my progress of getting my business up & going. boxer4life44@gmail.com is my email please contact me at your earliest convenience please, thank you!

Siwal in Bronx, New York

28 months ago

Hello there, I'm thinking about getting into the car hauling business. I want to start with the 3 car hauler . Haven't gotten anything yet but I heat that the F 350 dually truck is good. Anybody there who can help ? Please.
John.

brandybowling in Moneta, Virginia

27 months ago

What insurance did you get a quote from at that price. Husband and I are fixin to start up a car hauling business. We do know we have to have insurance but we cant get anybody to respond back. Hope to hear from ya

D Bradley in Pittsford, New York

26 months ago

So I'm out of upstate Ny and looking to start a 3car hauler with a 1 ton cummins what's my ups and downs ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Stan in Bensalem, Pennsylvania

26 months ago

For those that are just starting up or already in the car hauling business, check out CarShipIO - Smart Software tools for your Auto Transport and Car Hauling business, sign up for Free!
We're looking for feedback and offering you to use CarShipIO for free. Save time and money, get better organized, provide better estimates and keep your customers happy.
Participate early and provide feedback to vote on next features to be build.
One of a kind app and offer, really!
www.carshipio.com?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=indeed&utm_campaign=t84628

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ATW in Grove City, Ohio

24 months ago

I would be interested in finding a partner or mentor. Anyone? Must be local to Columbus, Ohio.
Thanks!

semperfiservices in Rancho Santa Margarita, California

24 months ago

Everyone wants to haul cars, but do you guys all understand what it takes to run a LEGAL business? Lets say for the average 3 car wedge operation, FIRST, you need a CDL if you plan on running over 26,000 LBS gross. If you don't know what that means look it up or find a different line of work. Your standard 2010 and up 1 ton pickup, which is the absolute minimum to pull 3 cars, has a GVWR of 12k, the trailer is usually 14-21k depending on your axles. So if you're too lazy to get a CDL, make sure you NEVER weigh more than 26k, you will pay dearly for being over w/o a CDL. INSURANCE- at least $440 a month, IF you have a CDL. I don't even know who would insure you w/o a CDL. IFTA, DOT, and MC numbers, registration depending on how far you plan on operation. If you're in SoCal, you can stay in CA and make money. If you live in Maine, you're probably gonna need to branch out into other states. DO you have a nice $10k stash set aside for break downs etc? It happens- I just dumped $12k for new tires, tranny, and trailer brakes into my rig this PAST MONTH. Ouch, but I run a safe truck, if you're not willing to spend the money to run SAFE, stay off the road. Any questions lemme know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No Reply - Report abuse

davidlfields in Cincinnati, Ohio

23 months ago

I'm loving the information provided in this thread. Thanks to everyone who's contributed so far. My brother Paul has a small Auto Transport service he's running in Middletown, Ohio. Thanks to uShip he's been able to find steady work and he's done so well that he's rated 4.9 stars after 47 ratings in just over 1 year! We'll be looking to expand soon so we're looking to network with anybody on here that can help us find new runs. uShip has been good to us, but it isn't enough to keep us rolling 24/7. Here's our website if you want to contact him directly: kandptransport.com/

CLTMcIntyre in Cape Girardeau, Missouri

23 months ago

How can some one go about leaseing a truck and trailer to get started. I don't have good credit and recently became unemployed. I need a new start and do know how to manage my money and pay my bills, before thinking about getting anything for me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

terrybird in Durant, Oklahoma

23 months ago

I'm in the process of buying a 1 ton dually and then getting a 3/4 car wedge I live near Durant Oklahoma which is about an hour north of Dallas texas . I already have my class a cdl's with doubles triples and tanker endorsement. I was wondering if someone could help me get all this figured out and keep my trailer loaded any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thnx in advance

Stan in Feasterville Trevose, Pennsylvania

22 months ago

Checkout CarShipIO - Web Digital Office for Car Haulers!!!

-Cut down on paperwork and easily generate custom BOLs and Invoices for each Load.
-Help your accounting by tracking your Load and Trip expenses
-Plan your Trip by arranging all the Loads in one place and visually see it on a map.
-Stay on top of things with reminders on expiration dates, unpaid invoices and other important dates
-Check your numbers on each Load with one click cost estimates that go beyond cost/mile and use your actual data
-Keep customers, shippers, receivers in the loop with one click notifications for any Load
www.carshipio.com?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=indeed&utm_campaign=t84628

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

autoloadboard in Dallas

20 months ago

www.AutoLoadBoard.com 1st Auto Transport Load Board For Worldwide Auto Shipping Companies.

Coming Soon!

Auto Dispatch Auto Load Board is user-friendly, affordable, and easy to use. Auto Transport carriers can find auto transport loads posted by Brokers, Auto Auctions, Corporate Relocation Specialists, Moving Companies, Manufacturers, Salvage Yard, Exporter, and rental car companies. Auto Transport companies view the www.AutoLoadBoard.com load board daily. Dealers can be assured their vehicles will move quickly and effectively.

Auto Load Board makes available the necessary tools to help your business expand, keep your trucks full, and decrease your overall costs. Auto Load Board also provides direct access to freight with a user friendly, fast, secure, state of the art computer program. Additionally, our service makes every effort to provide each member with real-time information about truck loads throughout North America and Canada.

Auto Load board central auto dispatch carloads vehicle load boards car hauling brokers find auto transport loads truck hauling bids private auto transport vehicle hauling auto transport load board national load boards for vehicle shipping auto transport no broker auto transport national board auto transport carriers carloads national auto load board vehicle transport services truck hauling bids. Car Hauling Loads, Auto Hauling Loads, Auto Transport Loads, Car Transport Loads, Auto Shipping Loads, car Shipping Loads, Vehicle Transport Loads, Vehicle Marketplace, Auto Transport Marketplace, B2B Auto Transport.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

autoloadboard in Dallas

20 months ago

www.AutoLoadBoard.com 1st Auto Transport Load Board For Worldwide Auto Shipping Companies.

Coming Soon!

Auto Dispatch Auto Load Board is user-friendly, affordable, and easy to use. Auto Transport carriers can find auto transport loads posted by Brokers, Auto Auctions, Corporate Relocation Specialists, Moving Companies, Manufacturers, Salvage Yard, Exporter, and rental car companies. Auto Transport companies view the www.AutoLoadBoard.com load board daily. Dealers can be assured their vehicles will move quickly and effectively.

Auto Load Board makes available the necessary tools to help your business expand, keep your trucks full, and decrease your overall costs. Auto Load Board also provides direct access to freight with a user friendly, fast, secure, state of the art computer program. Additionally, our service makes every effort to provide each member with real-time information about truck loads throughout North America and Canada.

Auto Load board central auto dispatch carloads vehicle load boards car hauling brokers find auto transport loads truck hauling bids private auto transport vehicle hauling auto transport load board national load boards for vehicle shipping auto transport no broker auto transport national board auto transport carriers carloads national auto load board vehicle transport services truck hauling bids. Car Hauling Loads, Auto Hauling Loads, Auto Transport Loads, Car Transport Loads, Auto Shipping Loads, car Shipping Loads, Vehicle Transport Loads, Vehicle Marketplace, Auto Transport Marketplace, B2B Auto Transport.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

autoloadboard in Dallas

20 months ago

Auto Load Board an Auto Transport, Car Transport Load Board to Connect Auto Transporters and Auto Shippers From Around The World.

www.AutoLoadBoard.com will Change the Auto Transport Industry once it goes live. Vehicle Marketplace Auto Load Board. Auto Transport Load Board will be 1st in the world to Allow Auto Transporters, and Auto Shippers from around the world. Companies From North America, South America, Europe, Asia, Middle East, Australia, and Africa can sign up on www.AutoLoadBoard.com for full membership based on their Geographic location.

Auto Load Board – Auto Transport Load Board, Car Load Board, Carrier Load Board, Vehicle Shipping.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

mike in Miami, Florida

18 months ago

Hello and Happy New Years to everyone.
I already have a dually and a 3-4 car trailer and in in that process of getting insurance. Should I take the 500 milles radio or that one to travel the 48 state.
How do get load, I will have to travel outside florida to get more money, is true tha florida have to much competition so they pat less, should I look for a dispatcher or how does it work.
I found some one on Craigslist that have tons of years dispatching car carrier and he or she charges 10% for 3-4 car carriers isn't tha a lot...
Can anybody help me im ready to hit the road I dont mind live my house for 3 4 weeks.
My email is ecuador_espinoza@yahoo.com
Thank

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Nadia in Bensalem, Pennsylvania

18 months ago

@mike around 10% is typical for Dispatch. I've seen some advertise for as much as 15% and have few clients switch from other dispatchers paying over 10%.
email us rebeldispatch at gmail.com perhaps we can help you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Hometown Haulers in Media, Pennsylvania

17 months ago

Tim in Memphis, Tennessee said: Hello board.. I'm looking to get into car hauling.. I have A few questions, Can i use a flatbed trl instead of a wedge? I just want to be open to other freight as well if so what length can use for three cars?

Tim, it all boils down to what makes money and what makes you happy. I use an aluma 18 foot flat open car hauler and a Chevy 2500 w duramax for single boutique hauls. On the other hand we use a Kaufman Wedge with a C4500 duramax Hauler for long hauls. our "Hauler" was originally an ambulance with a walkthrough into the cab. We took off the back 14' ambulance box, added a kenworth 36" sleeper, and then laid on an aluma flat bed with facilities for 100 additional gallons of fuel, a gooseneck ball, fifth wheel, and bumper pull with minimal conversion times from one to another. This allows me to save on motel bills and gives me vehicle flexibility. Our GVW is 14500 with CGVW at 25500. Our tare weight with 158 gallons of fuel is 8850. We have used a 40' flat deckover with the big truck, however, the big flat trailer is heavy as hell and with two vehicles on it, you are halfway to three in terms of weight, and you cant really fit three of any kind of car on it...they have to be small..which not all loads are. Your equipment has to be heavy enough to endure and lightweight enough to spare you fuel over time. Truth be told I make more money per mile hauling farm equipment on the flatbed than cars on the wedge but we have both. If you look at the average car coming in for hauling its more than 16feet...multiplied by 3 this would be a 48foot flatbed...are you really gonna ha ul around the weight of a 48 foot solid floored trailer w a 1 ton dually? Start looking at the weight of that trailer and its affect on fuel and carrying capacity and you will soon see why wedge haulers exist: they weigh less, they spread weight well, and they can take regular use and abuse.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Hometown Haulers in Media, Pennsylvania

17 months ago

mike in Miami, Florida said: Hello and Happy New Years to everyone.
I already have a dually and a 3-4 car trailer and in in that process of getting insurance . Should I take the 500 milles radio or that one to travel the 48 state.
How do get load, I will have to travel outside florida to get more money, is true tha florida have to much competition so they pat less, should I look for a dispatcher or how does it work.
I found some one on Craigslist that have tons of years dispatching car carrier and he or she charges 10% for 3-4 car carriers isn't tha a lot...
Can anybody help me im ready to hit the road I dont mind live my house for 3 4 weeks.
My email is ecuador_espinoza@yahoo.com
Thank

Be careful with brokered loads...especially new brokers or those who have no track record. If your broker sucks at communicatrion you will soon find she forgot to tell you your first pickup doesn't run, your second one does not have brakes, and your third one is 1/2 of its original length after the accident: leaving you to figure out how to get them on and off and strapped down safe, and barely paid as though they run perfectly...and make sure you are not taking any port runs unless you have a TWC card to get you in and out ant through security without delay...good luck on your new venture...We love it out here but pretty much book our own stuff so we can keep up with farm work when we need to...brokers don't want to hear about harvest time or tilling or planting...So, don't sign any long term deal...agree to do a few runs and talk with each other afterwards....So,m What kind of truck and trailer did you get for yourself?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Chris in New Fairfield, Connecticut

17 months ago

Daenekas in Danbury, Connecticut said: Hi, I recently met someone who has 4 flatbed trucks working out of CentralDispatch. Since the day I saw how that works I have been researching about opening a small company to haul cars. I am looking for advice to confirm if my business plan is realistic.

My plan is to buy a older (not too old) diesel flatbed truck and stay under 26k lb., get the 750k liability insurance and register for my MC# and DOT#.
After everything is ready my plan is to start with CentralDispatch only, maybe hauling 5/6 cars a day (short distances in my are usually goes for $150) by matching the drop-off locations with the next pick-up location. I want to stay under 26k to keep the overhead costs lower and not to have to get a CDL at first.

My questions are:

- Am I missing any step on the process of setting up the company and truck? (insurance, license, truck setup)
- Will Central Dispatch give me enough work at the beginning while I look for other customers?
- Me and my wife live a simple life, we only need $3/4k a month to pay the bills, but we sure would put the extra money to good use.Is it safe to start with Central Dispatch only? Will it at least pay my bills? I figured that the truck (gas, insurance and maintenance) will cost me around $2300 a month.

Any other suggestion will be very appreciated. I understand that a flatbed truck to haul one car at a time is not a money-maker, but please understand, I don't wanto to become rich, just want to be able to pay the bills and have the flexibility of being my own boss.By the way, I love cars and to be on the road.

My plan is to do this before the fall. Hey my name is Chris an I was thinking about buying a truck an trailer a cummins 5500 an a 4-5 car trailer an start a business I live in Brewster like 10 minutes from you guys I was wondering if u guys started your business an how it is working out for you an May be we can get together I could use any pointers I can get

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

17 months ago

ll. Hey my name is Chris an I was thinking about buying a truck an trailer a cummins 5500 an a 4-5 car trailer an start a business I live in Brewster like 10 minutes from you guys I was wondering if u guys started your business an how it is working out for you an May be we can get together I could use any pointers I can get I have my cdl class a lisense

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

17 months ago

norcal28 in Daly City, California said: I am a broker & am always looking to get drivers for certain areas I can rely on for dispatches instead of waiting on central dispatch

Hey would u be able to get me loads an what would a 4 car load pay say from NY to FL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

17 months ago

Hey would you be able to get me loads and how much would a 4
Car load pay say from NY. To FL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

donthebroker in Chicago, Illinois

16 months ago

Hey, guys and gals, if anyone's interested (and this is for the broker agents out here, or those looking at brokerage as a career), I'm selling a fully licensed freight brokerage, with bond and unlimited training and support, set up as a Kentucky corporation, for dirt cheap due to personal financial, familial, and medical problems. Give me a ring, eight five nine three two two zero zero nine zero, or email consolidatedlogisticsgroup@gmail.com, for more info.

Willing to take $5,000 for everything if we can close within the next 24-48 hours. This is cross-posted many locations, and there's been a LOT of interest in it. If you're ready to go, don't delay, I have to sell first come, first serve on this. Everyone's asking me to hold it a week or so, I can't do that. I need to sell now. So, if you're ready to broker for yourself and cut the broker out of YOUR commissions, or if you're ready to broker loads instead of hauling them, and make a killing, get with me ASAP!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Ed in Springfield, Massachusetts

16 months ago

Chris in New Fairfield, Connecticut said: Hey would you be able to get me loads and how much would a 4
Car load pay say from NY. To FL

Hi Chris, I can help you.
I'm not going to discuss route on an open forum and give my secrets away.
contact me at machonetrans@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

David Dodds in Sweden

16 months ago

infotranllc2007@yahoo.com in Hollywood, Florida said: I need a little information on getting started in the auto transportation, I currently an owner operator with three truck pullin reefers and im trying to get into another field less problems with reefer breakdowns in the missle of the night if you can help I would be most gracious if you can assist me in this process. Thanks again..

Keep in touch with me via email for details: My email is: davidconsuly0@gmail.com

Ryan in Corona, California

16 months ago

Any one transporting in cali?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

johnrefaie in chicago, Illinois

16 months ago

Seriously considering starting my own auto hauling business. I'm based out of chicago IL . I need to purchase a pickup truck to haul a 3/4 car trailer, then purchase the trailer. I'm thinking in ford F350 , so would prefer ford or Dodge . Should the pickup be a 1 ton dually extended cab?
And if so, where can I have a truck set up for hauling a 3/4 car trailer?
Would I have to have a receiver welded to the frame rails in the bed area?
My initial concern is the equipment. I will then work on insurance and any permits I may need. I already have my CDL. I understand this will take some time to get the business end going, but right now I'm more concerned about the equipment, as I mentioned. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. refaie1965@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (48) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Kle018 in Saint Petersburg, Florida

15 months ago

Don in Largo, Florida said: Hello I'm thanking about started my own car hauling business can any one help me please

Don, have you gotten started yet? I'm located in pinellas park,Fl and I'm about to get rolling in the next few weeks and I was wondering if you could answer some of my questions? There may even be some things I may be able to shed light on.

Kle018 in Saint Petersburg, Florida

15 months ago

I'm located in Central Florida and have everything in place for my auto transport business to take off. My insurance is set to go effective in May and I have a 3/4 car trailer and dually truck. I have questions and would really appreciate anyone who wouldn't mind sharing insight.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.