Freight Broker Schools are Scams!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 155)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

MnM in Plant City, Florida

35 months ago

Never Once have I posted that! Go back and re-read!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

35 months ago

Nancy in Livonia, New York said: MnM I thought you were an agent already?

Wish I were,tho,or so I think...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nancy in Livonia, New York

35 months ago

WHy do you think you want to be an agent? You know it is a hard business to be in and it sucks a lot of the time?

We are looking for agents but we need ones that have contacts and at least a knowledge of the business. Do you have that?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

35 months ago

Well, good for you! You wouldn't happen to be selling any books of business, would you?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

35 months ago

If I had contacts I would not be on this forum. What knowledge I have of trucking more than likely does not apply to selling transportation services,and why do you say it sucks most of the time?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

35 months ago

Well that was alot. Wouldn't have bought even if you were. Need a trucking company taking on newbies for this position,willing to show one those basics you just mentioned. I'm not interested in selling unless I
have access to trucks,that is just common sense to me. That is why I don't understand why someone wants to buy leads if they have no access to transportation. Surely no one is going to sell leads they are profiting from:leads that are useless I can see that happening,dirty,but happening.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Nancy in Livonia, New York

35 months ago

Amen!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

35 months ago

Have a good one,freight coach. you are starting to not make much sense. Maybe go back and re-read your script and then post.
Access to trucks all the time does not mean you have to own them. Kind of fishy saying your company is buying a fleet of trucks now,in this economy the way it is and an election on the horizon. Would be understandable if you landed a contract to service an account. And this 2fold theory about having a dispatcher as well doesnt make alot of sense either. I'm going to quit while I am ahead,you are starting to sound bogus.If you really have all this going on for yourself you won't care if you sound bogus to me or not.

35 months ago

Amen to what, Nancy? you still havent told me why this biz sucks most of the time. would you please?
Sincerely

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

TransForward in Columbus, Ohio

35 months ago

Adam Gordaul in Dallas, Texas said: I have worked for 2 reputable transportation companies (swift and bnsf) and none them recommend freight brokering schools. It's a Scam because those who can't do it teach it.

I haven't been on this forum for over a year. Not all are scams and not everyone wants to work for a big company. And yep big companies don't recomend school as usually they don't have true agents only dispatchers and sales people. I wish I was still in the business but a stroke has me at home. so I might just become one of those that teach because I can't do it any more but I had my own freight brokerage and it did well thank you! ! ! I miss it but the stress isn't worth it at this time in my life. You say you worked (as in the past) does that mean you started your own brokerage or do you know enough to do so? maybe you might look into some sort of training ! ! !

35 months ago

Of course you have read my posts.Anyone who comments here recently has. Those who are getting upset with my comments
are ones who are ripping people off with an overpriced school and not even a hint of placement afterwards. All I am asking is who will hire. Everyone says you need experience,need contacts. No kidding! If that is the case eventually there will be no brokers or agents available because the experienced ones will either be dead or retired. So then what? What? The answer I would love to hear from anyone is what I am seeking but no luck. Lack of work ethics (working hard)is not the issue.Who is hiring is the problem. You say I want to learn this stuff for free. I refuse to shell out any $ w/o some guarantee of placement. Truck driving schools guarantee placement after finishing school and receiving CDL. Same with law enforcement: guaranteed placement After completing the course. Do you see the pattern here? You tell me how I am asking for something for nothing? I want a guaranteed shot at this business is all. And of course I will only have myself to blame if after the opportunity I do not succeed. You may say then why would anyone train me so I could leave them and go somewhere else? That is what the signing of a no-compete clause is for. So until your attitude changes and you grasp what all my posts come down to and give people on this forum some simple direction(especially since you claim to have it going on so well) I still think you are bogus,and yes you do care. But what does it really matter? Everyone on here is hiding behind a computer and a nickname anyhow. One last set of ??? Did you already have knowledge of this industry before you succeeded in it? Did you have a pre- book of contacts? were you born with all this knowledge? Did you really do all this by yourself with no help at all from anyone? Because that is what I am reading from you and I find that hard to believe. Everyone gets help from someone no matter what you may say.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

35 months ago

TRUE everyone has to find out infomation from someone. But most of the time its not from one source. I have learned from many sources myself and worn many hats in the transportation business. I've been a driver, dispatcher, compliance coordinator, settlement coordinator, (drivers deserve their pay to be correct) freight broker agent and owned my own brokerage. I achieved my knowledge gradually and presume that the majority of brokers progress the same way. So I think training is a great way to acquire knowledge in the least amount of time. Most things are like that you can learn on your own or get a lesson or two and learn faster. Trick is to find the best infomation and unfortunately most of the freight broker training you will find isn't of the most highest standards and some are plain rip offs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

35 months ago

What he wrote was he worked for 2 reputable transportation companies.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

35 months ago

Look dude,all your information would be extremely helpful IF you said contact this company or that company but I cannot get that out of anyone. I want to make$$$whether it is tracking,calling and selling(or attempting to sell) filing necessary forms,whatever gets me in this side of trucking. I know where I do not want to be so part of the battle I have won already. Being a driver (o/o) all my adult life I know there is another side to the trucking industry.
I came off harsh to you because I have been bombarded with info like you have stated except only to sign me up to nothing. I want to learn as much as I can about all it with the possible exception of a full time dispatcher,I already got an idea how that works. Am I making better sense to you now?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

35 months ago

I am in FL,you're in Wisconsin.A little too much distance?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

35 months ago

I was just purusing the post and haven't gotten to them all yet. The question is tracking trucks correct? I guess the question wasn't answered as its unclear what you are asking. I used to track trucks for a brokerage and some accounts had their own programs that would let you know if a load delivered others were small accounts and I called the carriers to see if they delivered. Also if a shipper receiver wanted to know where a truck was at phone calls to the carrier. But I'm not sure that is what your asking If you asking about a program that a broker can use to keep track of the loads etc that is another story and if you are just starting out and have only a handfull of loads moving each day you can just use a simple spread sheet and make checks on pick ups, transit, and deliveries if you are the broker then you can still manage with a spreadsheet I don't like expensive programs if you don't have a big fleet of your own that your tracking I would find a whiteboard or cork board and cards or something that would work for a small operation. If your an agent for a broker I think that would work fine as well. As your business grows you can get someone to make a program that fits your needs and by then you will know what you want so it can be customized to your needs. I don't like programs that have things I dont' use or doesn't work the way I like so I think its best not to invest in anything till you know how you want it to work. I dont' know if that even came close to answering your question but that's all my broken brain can think right now hehehe

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

35 months ago

That was good. Real good. Just asked about tracking trucks 'cause she said she started out doing that then moved up.
made sense to me,my thinking how could I offer service to a customer if I could not tell them where their load was at any given time. Also makes sense that a seller(agent) doesnt have to be bothered with that anymore because of others taking care of that. Aside from offering a shipper a better rate,what else is needed to be offered other than good service and how does one offer that who is new? M opinion it comes from the driver and don't you also need a good relationship with them? Last thing anyone wants to hear about themselves is "they don't know what theyre doing. This is their first time doing this,not going to deal with them because of just that. I understand that,but everyone has a first time at everything. How to be convincing? And you have to be able to back up what you just sold. My thought is to be around it going on to observe and learn. That works best for me at least

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

35 months ago

By sold do you mean you contacted a shipper or business that needs to get their products to some where else and they agreed to using you to move the load. You called them or met them in person and dazzled them with your ability to get the best carriers and timely service your prices are within what they were willing to pay and now you have a load to move. Then you work on getting a carrier, if your just starting out you will need to look on the load boards and search for a truck in the area that the load is and/or post the load on a board and they will call you. you negotiate a price You Then send them your packet and they send you theirs you check them out make sure they have their authority, insurance etc send them a confirmation and then let the company you got the load from that it is covered, Then on the date that it is to move you check call to make sure all is going well and you check on the delivery etc Sometime you might ask for them to send you copies of the signed BOL to confirm delivery if your lucky and find a shipper that does the same run or a lane then you will most likely find a carriers that you use all the time and you cover those really fast and they become your ace in the hole so to speak because you get to know the drivers and they will know you and call before you do or you just trust them and then when you find another shipper in the same area you know what your carrier wants to do those areas etc I'm rambling on now but its like a snowball effect that you get to know more and more carriers and what areas they run etc I had an account that my carriers would call me and say hey they have ....... and I would make some calls and have them a load that they found. So starting out is not the easiest but it does get better with time. I still don't know if I'm answering your question probably would be better if I had read all your other post but . . .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Rick in Saint Louis, Missouri

35 months ago

Michael in Nashua, New Hampshire said: In my opinion, you do not need to go to freight brokering school. You need a basic understanding of sales; know about the types of freight/trailers you will load ie weight, pallet count, dimensions; rates other brokers are paying, in the beginning you need to pay the MOST to the truck; get your own FHWA authority less than $400, find a bond (dont get the $10000 trust); get some load board accounts (find some shippers there(most are cheap)but its a start); find a factor so you can quick pay trucks(charge for the quick pay and that will more than cover the factors charge) Dont factor you fast paying customers that pay immediately to 10 days. Pay your trucks on-time and do not let carriers screw up your loads without implementing reasonable fines. Be fair. This is a GREAT business to be in. Good Luck!!

Could I get your email address ? Thanks

trucker43 in Bay St Louis, Mississippi

35 months ago

Michael in Nashua, New Hampshire said: In my opinion, you do not need to go to freight brokering school. You need a basic understanding of sales; know about the types of freight/trailers you will load ie weight, pallet count, dimensions; rates other brokers are paying, in the beginning you need to pay the MOST to the truck; get your own FHWA authority less than $400, find a bond (dont get the $10000 trust); get some load board accounts (find some shippers there(most are cheap)but its a start); find a factor so you can quick pay trucks(charge for the quick pay and that will more than cover the factors charge) Dont factor you fast paying customers that pay immediately to 10 days. Pay your trucks on-time and do not let carriers screw up your loads without implementing reasonable fines. Be fair. This is a GREAT business to be in. Good Luck!!

Not only do you PAY your trucks on time but you ALWAYS pay the TRUCK the MOST all the time or YOU will NOT keep them. You know how I know,Because I'm one of them. Scratch a Liar,Catch a Thief. I've been in Trucking 35+ years and if you don't pay the trucker FAIRLY,then YOU deserve to FAIL!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Spring821 in Memphis, Tennessee

34 months ago

Kerry in Tacoma, Washington said: I'm just starting out my self at first I tried getting hired on with a company but most companies want u to come there with clientel so i just went and got my authority and broker bond and u will be legal to do business on your own once u move something somebody would be willing to take u in I make calls to shippers just tryin to get that one I'm in no position to tell u every thing because i'm still learning the ins an outs of the business but that what u can do first ive been calling for a couple of months and aint got nothing but bunch of possibles stick with it something got to happen if u stay consitent. U will get your chance. I aint move nothing but as much work i put into this something got to happen. Moving a load would be like me winning the super bowl. If u ever want to talk i left my hit me up. Bless you

How are things going for you these days? Have you moved your first load yet? I would enjoy learning how you have progressed in this business.

Jackson Pullough in Atlanta, Georgia

33 months ago

Seeing as the title of this thread is Freight Broker Schools are Scams, I'll give everyone the golden tip. Go to the TIA website. They have ALL THE INFORMATION you need to become a property broker. In fact, they are the standard in the business. Most of the schools own freight brokerage companies themselves and use the "school" as an additional source of revenue while oftentimes also using it as a recruiting tool. In addition, all the "software training" you get is merely a demo for that company so they can get a kickback from some of them. Once again, just go to the TIA website and download all their Best Practices, startup info, etc..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Michi in Hollywood, Florida

32 months ago

Hi
I read some of your comments here and I would like to know, wich school for freight broker is good, and that will be willing to give you hands on training and also help you in a job placement?
Thanks,
Michelle

Michi in Hollywood, Florida

32 months ago

Thanks for our answer
How do I do to become an agent broker?
Thanks,
Michelle

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Freight Chazer in Knightdale, North Carolina

31 months ago

cynthia in Memphis, Tennessee said: I am motivated and dont give up easily. I want to take training for frieght broker agent any good companies that will train you while you learning or i can work off my training from loads any help needed. Are there any companies somebody out here attended and they did job placement?

I`m reading these post and I`m getting ready to go to broker school but the school I`m attending has job placement.

Emma in Twin Lakes, Wisconsin

30 months ago

W in Wheaton, Illinois said: Dave,

About 6 months ago I worked for a well known clothing store. Retail has not been my dream job. I used a headhunter to find me another job. I told them that I wanted to be in sales. I got a chance to work for the broker I work for now and it has been the best change in my life. I started on the bottom tracking trucks all day long. Then learning how to enter loads into the system. About a month ago I decided to start making calls to see if I can get some customers. This is were the challange come in. You will get a lot of no's and a lot of people saying they will give you a shot but dont. Then you will call people and find out that they do bids once a year (make sure you know when those bids are and make sure you get on their bid list). After just a month I now have 2 solid customers and a few that I have helped out with one or two loads and everything went great but they just dont have trust with in me yet. I have to grow and build their trust first and show them that they can trust me with their freight. A lot of companies have had a bad experince with carriers or brokers. I guess what I am trying to say is that you realy don't need to go to school. Try do find a broker that needs a tracker and then work your way up. It all start with learning how to track and talk to the carriers.

I am looking to become a work from home agent. I do not have any experience but my boyfriend and father in law own their own truck and reefer. I know they have been having trouble with most of the dispatchers they have worked for in the past and present. I want to get into this line of work for their sake. If you have any advice on where to start or someone who can point me in the right direction it would be appreciated. I will also come with a truck ready to work!

Bob in Salem, Massachusetts

30 months ago

Michael in Nashua, New Hampshire said: Freight Leads from Mustang Freight is NOT a scam!!!

17,890 Shipper/Trans Manager Sales Leads .....

These leads encompass FAK-(mostly, meats, produce, building materials, plastics, medical, heavy haul, construction equipment, auctions, steel, lumber and much more) for Flatbeds/Stepdeck/Reefer/RGN/Van/Straight Trucks, it took me 8 years to amass these contacts with a yield of $2M+ in sales to you.

MnM, AKA Michael Moore should be careful who he tries to defame.

Michael, can you contact me? I live in your neck of the woods and would like to talk with you. Reply to this if you would.

Annette in Gary, Indiana

29 months ago

Kelley in Oak Lawn, Illinois said: That's not true..... I went to a lady in Georgia and she really DID teach me everything I needed to know. Grant it, once I left I had more questions. She was fine answering them later on because everyone knows with too much info up front, it's overwhelming.. Anyhow, I would at least watch the price of your class before you do it. This woman in Georgia is her own broker also. Basically what I do now from home. And I must say what I'm making a year only 1.5 yrs later from learning, it was all worth it!

What's her phone number, I would like for her to instruct me.

JCOTX1 in Austin, Texas

29 months ago

Keep trying don't give up when I started it took me one week. After that it was great

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Annette in Gary, Indiana

29 months ago

TransForward in Columbus, Ohio said: I haven't been on this forum for over a year. Not all are scams and not everyone wants to work for a big company. And yep big companies don't recomend school as usually they don't have true agents only dispatchers and sales people. I wish I was still in the business but a stroke has me at home. so I might just become one of those that teach because I can't do it any more but I had my own freight brokerage and it did well thank you! ! ! I miss it but the stress isn't worth it at this time in my life. You say you worked (as in the past) does that mean you started your own brokerage or do you know enough to do so? maybe you might look into some sort of training ! ! !

I would like training, can you help me or is it worth getting a freight broker's license ? Will anyone hire me being a new comer? Please email me: annette.coes@sbcglobal.net Thanks

Annette in Gary, Indiana

29 months ago

JCOTX1 in Austin, Texas said: Keep trying don't give up when I started it took me one week. After that it was great

Where you new to the business and got contracts in one week?

nelsi in Brentwood, New York

28 months ago

hi, im trying to become a freight broker, but i dont know where to begin. i have all the legal paper work done. please help?

Cozycoes in Gary, Indiana

28 months ago

Are you trying to be a freight broker or agent. After reading the comments, I've decided to be a broker agent bcuz you will have the financial backing through a company that is doing well already, and you won't need the surety bond or MC number and make good money as well.

stacie in Vancouver, Washington

28 months ago

I have some questions for the masses so to speak. I am not sure what freight (product) you are all interested in moving, though freight moving once learned can be applied to many fields. I work in the vehicle shipping portion of freight movement. We broker vehicles that need to be transported for customers relocating, auctions, military deployments, and reasons really a customer needs their cars moved, we move them. If it is a numbers decision for some of you whether you become a broker or an agent it depends how much money you want to make. If you are a broker with an agent, the broker get’s the bigger portion of the pie, and the agent will get a percentage. If a brokers fee is $195 it is usually split 70/40 70 broker 40 agent. So on a $195 broker fee the agent will receive $78.00 commission. If you are just the broker no split you get $195 for each vehicle you broker to ship.
As far as experience, whether you are the broker or agent you still need to know what you are doing. The industry is very competitive, one slip and the customer will go to another broker they feel more confident with. In the end the customer trusts you to ship their vehicle, boat, motor home, golf cart whatever, and if they feel like you can’t perform that hired task, there are plenty of others who will do it. I work as an agent part time and provide online-E Learning the rest of the time. Why? Because in order to have the most experienced agents working and some working directly with me after training, they do need experience..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

FLAKA in Monroe, Georgia

28 months ago

HI, IM A DRIVER WITH 5 YEARS OTR AND 3 LOCALLY AND IM TRYING TO FIND A GREAT FREIGHT BROKER IN GEORGIA WILLING TO LET ME WORK AS TRACKER OR ANYTHING RELATED TO LEARNING THE JOB.

THANK YOU,

J.C.

A.J. yousef in Sewell, New Jersey

27 months ago

Chris in Wilmington, North Carolina said: Nancy I would like to talk to you if you are looking for some experienced agents. i train agents and hire them for on the job training and also refer them to other companies looking to hire. they have a book of business with shippers and they have a good foundation. contact me thru my website infinitydispatchservice.com

i tired to find your site but infinitydispatchservice.com is not pulling any thing… do you have an email or maybe you can send me the name of your site again.
thanks

francis njogu in Florissant, Missouri

26 months ago

Thanks for your good information i would like to talk to you either email or phone please reply my email with details thanks again.

stacie in Portland, Oregon

26 months ago

Hi All!
As you are aware and some of you maybe not, legislation had been proposed this year to increase the broker surety requirement to $100,000. Similar language had been considered a number of times in the past but never passed through committee in congress. After exhaustive lobbying efforts with the American Factoring Association and bond and trust providers for the purpose of fighting this legislation, the unfortunate final outcome was passage of the transportation bill.

26 months ago

though with an increase in the surety amount of $75,000! Understandably, most brokers are concerned about how this change is going to affect their business and what do they need for compliance. There is no grandfathered in clause, all brokers will have to meet this dollar figure. The specific of implementation is not yet known, though. If history repeats itself, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) will take several months before they begin proposing rules to interpret the new legislation. Just a note. From a legitimate broker training school!

Michelle in Hollywood, Florida

26 months ago

Thanks for your information...So you said, that today if someone wants to be a broker he or she will need $100.000 instead of $10.000?

26 months ago

The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) will take several months before they begin proposing rules to interpret the new legislation from congress. This may not happen for a few months or a year. If a broker gets their license now it will be $10,000 after this bill is implemented it will be $75,000, a broker whom has been operating with the required $10,000 surety will have to have it increased to the $75,000 amount.

keepontruckin in Midvale, Utah

26 months ago

The new purposed law of $75,000 is not unfortunate. I have hauled freight for brokers with a $10,000 bond and they are moving 100+ loads a week. Then something happens and they fold up shop and there are 400 unpaid drivers over the course of 30 days who have to fight over a $10,000 bond. Let me do the math for you. $10,000 / 400 = a whopping $25.00 on the load that I should have been paid $5,200 on.

I think they should raise it to $250,000.00 bond, I only haul loads for brokers if they pay me 40% fuel advance without a fee and the rest within 21 days. If they don't I would rather go direct to the customer myself. Why pay a broker 15%-30% when they are not even willing to protect me and my company by getting a measly $75,000 bond.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

keepontruckin, I do fully see your perspective . I am in auto transport. The amount of our freight (cars, boats, motorcycles, etc) is consistently getting bigger and has so over the years. Most of our freight is COD or COP. We don’t use quick pays unless the customer wants to pay for the entire transport in advanced , though consistently most carriers want to be paid when services are rendered ,COD. We have done fuel allowances and have been bitten in the butt by some carriers. So we don’t do them any longer.

26 months ago

The increase in the surety is unfortunate for the smaller up and comings or the small brokerage. It’s is great in my mind that it will wipe out the ones , at least in the auto transport side, of the get rich quick, take the customers deposit and never move their cars, coupled with the ones who say I will get licensed and then learn and figure out how to do it. It is a shame that the LTL side of things is has it’s own gliches..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

rxmari7 in Lancaster, Pennsylvania

25 months ago

how your business going?

Jayson in Salida, California said: I have been doing this for one month, (starting back up from 2008 when i lost my trucks)

I have alot of loads, I have experience in this since I used to own trucks and run the brokerage with it. and it seems the problem I have been having every week is finding trucks to trust me since I am new. if I could offer fuel advance, or if I could offer quick pay, i would have trucks, mostly small carriers, who rely on fuel advances and quick pays to keep afloat. I need to find an investor. maybe 1000 or 1500 dollars.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

nelly in Brentwood, New York

25 months ago

Why nobody gives us the information for the Georgia lady? You guys talk about her but don't gives us a number address or email. Stfu

David in Des Plaines, Illinois

25 months ago

MnM in Plant City, Florida said: I do not have a brokerage firm. Just sharing info with everyone so they will not be ripped off by scammers.That is all. I have friends in the otr trucking industry who give me insight,and I have been around trucks all my life,just not in the clerical part of it,which is where I am looking. You already had trucks,so you said in your post many months ago, so you should know @ least one broker unless you hauled direct. You should also know about CSA rules going into effect as well. Good luck.

HI, I just want to enroll in a freight broker school, you are saying that are scams?but there are no state school or something really helpful?

CMH in Plainfield, Illinois

25 months ago

its really simple. brokers do nothing but set up a deal. if you make a hundred dollars, you win. your at home. theyre driving an making/buying and preparing freight to be shipped. start your own pay drivers top dollar and propose incentives for timely, world class delivery.like i said you can play with your kids while making money. they cant.if you do one load a week make sure its done right. provide the driver with lots of info about freight, provide shipper with accurate freight position info.satisfy both and you will gain clientel and make money. i do. 4 accouns 20+k in one and a half month.warning if you arent detail oriented and like to sit at a cpu and talk on the phone constantly. and arent available 24/7/365 this isnt for you. it takes alot of.......patience with other ppl who can sometimes seem "slow" but you need them. no them, no you! remember that! Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

CMH in Plainfield, Illinois

25 months ago

and no i didnt go to school. i researched on the net for free for about 3 months. got all the necessaary certs.reqs. watched some youtube on how to interact with shippers and carriers read some posts like these and started calling. luckily i was near my first load. i went and got measurements weight took pics everything. thts how i got it. the driver liked tht. paid him thru paypal the next morning once he sent me BOL. we trust each other now. the rest is history.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Paul F in Chicago, Illinois

25 months ago

CMH in Plainfield, Illinois said: and no i didnt go to school. i researched on the net for free for about 3 months. got all the necessaary certs.reqs. watched some youtube on how to interact with shippers and carriers read some posts like these and started calling. luckily i was near my first load. i went and got measurements weight took pics everything. thts how i got it. the driver liked tht. paid him thru paypal the next morning once he sent me BOL. we trust each other now. the rest is history.

Sir , is there any way that I can get some starter points in how to follow on your footsteps ? I am doing the CDL school right now and I wanted to go to a freight broker school after a few months on the road.
Thank you and have a nice day!
Paul

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.