Freight Broker Software

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (20)

Jack Delano in Lake Ozark, Missouri

84 months ago

I have acturally heard of that. A broker buddy of mine uses it and said it works real good and that is is real easy to use and that I should get it. But I am just an old timer and guess I am just set in my ways and still use good old paper and pen.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Alan Grange in Cream Ridge, New Jersey

84 months ago

I have looked at every type of freight broker software out there and they all do about the same stuff. I would stay away from the internet based ones though. I have never seen the one you were talking about before but if it can do everything it says it does it seem like it would be ok.

Alan

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kelly in Downers Grove, Illinois

84 months ago

I was checking out bmsusa.com their software is $1500.. Looks good too. Originally I started looking at $3500 from Infinity Software Solutions... they are the same as the rest for top dollar. I'm still waiting to hear about this original post's company.. Not sure if I like the idea they don't post ANY features on their site. but for $75 a mo.. that's pretty good. IF it's good software.

and I agree with the last post. stay away from internet based software!

Kelly in Calumet City, Illinois

84 months ago

I think they all do pretty much the same thing. Even this site which is probably comparable to the one you are trying..
www.aljex.com/

But that one is A LOT more expensive. We deal with Target Intermodel.. somehow for some dumb reason, they had it on the top of one of their faxes yesterday.. is how I found the software. Unbelievable some of the prices they show on that site. Does it take your phone calls too? lol Gosh, wouldn't that be nice?!

Anyhow, I'm still waiting to hear back from these guys.. I would like to see more info already.. I was ready to purchase other software yesterday, after writing them that, I'm surprised I didn't see an email in my box at 8am!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jake Bansford in Pompano Beach, Florida

84 months ago

Thanks for the info, I just looked at their site (aljex) and yes for the stuff I would need and where I want to take it, I am looking at about $10,000. Like I say I am small and new and don't want to plunk down that much green. Just the quickbooks interface alone was 1500.00. With the one I am trying now it is supposed to be included although I haven't tried it yet.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Kelly in Calumet City, Illinois

84 months ago

finally saw the freightbrokersonly.com demos. nice software. I think I'm going to go with them.. The faxing the load from the computer is usually an option with another company around $3000 alone!

84 months ago

Yea, I have been using their demo software now for about 2 weeks mow and I think i am going to close the deal. The guy there showed me a peek at the things in the new release coming out this month. I don't know how I can get hurt at $75 a month. Worst case I just cancel.

Anybody else have any comments before I go down this road?

Jake

Josh Allen in Chicagoland, Illinois

83 months ago

I'm a 10 year Aljex client...I'd be happy to vouch for their product. It has helped me grow my business tremendously.

If you have questions or you wnt to see iin action...we're in Lake Barrington, IL. Come on over!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Josh Allen in Chicagoland, Illinois

83 months ago

Josh Allen in Chicagoland, Illinois said: I'm a 10 year Aljex client...I'd be happy to vouch for their product. It has helped me grow my business tremendously.

If you have questions or you wnt to see iin action...we're in Lake Barrington, IL. Come on over!

Sorry..this keyboard is cracked out...if you want to see it in action..LB, IL

Kesha Hamilton in Memphis, Tennessee

83 months ago

What is this software and what exactly does it do?? I know this is a greenie question, lol, but I'm new to the business..

83 months ago

OK here's the deal... About a month ago I did sign up for the Master Broker software I was talking about in case anyone is interested their web site is www.freightbrokersonly.com. I have been holding back on commenting on it since they were coming out with their new release that had some things in it I needed. In short the software does everything you would expect Tracking, dispatching, billing, carrier insurance, commissions, reporting etc... and a couple of other things I haven't seen in some of the other software I looked at like backup automatically while you are still in the program and some other stuff I haven't tried using yet. It worked really slick with Mappoint 2006 for mileage and mapping too although I dont think it gets commercial mileage it got almost the exact same mileage as pc-miler. All in all I am pretty satisfied. I didn't want to spend alot of money and I didn't want internet based software (my internet must go down once a week) There was no large up front cost and it came with a pretty big trucking database. Another nice feature is that there are videos built in to walk you through learning how to use it. On the downside they dont have a way for my sales guys to enter loads directly from the field but they said they are working on that. Based on that I would give it a 9 out of 10.

Is anyone else using this?

Jackson Pullough in Atlanta, Georgia

39 months ago

Run far away from Broker Plus by Infinity Software (or should I say BROKEN Plus.) Also, stay away from the ones preaching "coming soon." That is called Vapor-ware. It's a clear sign the software has problems.

Jackson Pullough in Atlanta, Georgia

39 months ago

Run far away from Broker Plus by Infinity Software (or should I say BROKEN Plus.) Also, stay away from the ones preaching "coming soon." That is called Vapor-ware. It's a clear sign the software has problems.

DZM in East Syracuse, New York

37 months ago

Disclaimer: I'm a former software developer and CTO.

We've been using ISS Broker Plus for nearly 7 years and been fighting problems the entire way. The software is built on an old version of Visual FoxPro, database that was useful back in the late 90s but simply can't scale up to handle large amounts of data. Thousands of loads and carriers later, everything is sluggish at best from the home office and 8-9x slower from the field and remote offices. Does all the same basic stuff every TMS package does, but for $1500/yr plus setup, you can do much, much better.

Time to move on.

radwa mohamed in Florence, Kentucky

35 months ago

Josh Allen in Chicagoland, Illinois said: I'm a 10 year Aljex client...I'd be happy to vouch for their product. It has helped me grow my business tremendously.

hi Mr. Josh I am a new broker agent, and its been 3 weeks already since i got my contract but still cant cover any loads because i have trouble using the " ALJEX " software and seems like everyone in the company i am working for so busy making money. So if you know any useful blogs or can help me with few question please contact me @ silverhiez269@hotmail.com . thanks

radwa mohamed in Florence, Kentucky

35 months ago

Kesha Hamilton in Memphis, Tennessee said: What is this software and what exactly does it do?? I know this is a greenie question, lol, but I'm new to the business..

Finally i found someone like me new in the business, good to know dat im not alone lol

Haley in Albany, Ohio

26 months ago

I am looking for software wherein I can input where my trucks are, and I can input available loads and it will show me matches. Are any of you familiar with this type of software? Thanks for your time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

jlansangan in Tustin, California

25 months ago

Here is a link to a article we wrote regarding "What is the Best Software for Freight Brokers?" www.trinnosfreightbrokersoftware.com/2013/01/what-is-best-freight-broker-software.html

Hopefully it'll assist you in your software evaluations. Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sam_uk in Mansfield, United Kingdom

22 months ago

Take a look at this great service - offering the best TMS, huge amount of modules to suit many different projects and businesses - ideal for <a href="www.globalbarcode.co.uk/solutions/ifs-smartfreight">Freight Tracking</a>.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

GBlomgren in Fresno, California

5 months ago

Load Boards Don’t Work – The problem with load boards is that they are backward. Think of this from a wide-angle type of view. A Broker has a request for a load from a shipper and they immediately post it on the top load boards. Let’s say for argument’s sake that of the thousands of carriers out there signed up that there are ten that could actually handle the posted load. Of those ten, seven have FMCSA ratings that don’t terrify you. Of those seven, five have the equipment ready to perform the move. Of those five, three will give you a rate that will allow you to make a good margin on the transaction.

So, the question becomes, what are the odds that those three carriers are aware of your posting and will respond in time for the broker not to lose the business?

What if it were the other way around? What if you input the parameters of the load and the system told you whom to call based on actual prior performance of the carriers? What if you could click once for each of the suggested carriers and see their FMCSA ratings without leaving the page? Then, rather than waiting by the phone wondering if anyone has seen your posting, you can be proactive and call the right matches yourself, getting your rates and closing the deal in a matter of minutes, not hours.

As a broker, I have struggled with this dilemma for years and that’s one of the many reasons my partners and I developed the Brilliant System. Check it out at www.mybrilliantsolution.com.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.