Has anyone used Trucking Planet's Shipper Database?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Rich W in Kingsport, Tennessee

40 months ago

I see there are lots of states and was wondering if anyone has had experience using these. Are there good leads? Most of the carriers I deal with are out of the Midwest OH, MI, IN. Please let me know what you think of it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (41) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

kimberlylhook in corydon, Iowa

40 months ago

Can anyone tell me how they are quoting ltl loads. I had a shipper wanting me to move one from Fl to IL total of 1233.1 miles and I lost this because someone else bid it at 378.00 Total weight was like 750lbs. Can't figure out how they come up with that figure, as I was not even close.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Houstonsgal

40 months ago

kimberlylhook in corydon, Iowa said: Can anyone tell me how they are quoting ltl loads. I had a shipper wanting me to move one from Fl to IL total of 1233.1 miles and I lost this because someone else bid it at 378.00 Total weight was like 750lbs. Can't figure out how they come up with that figure, as I was not even close.

Did you base your quote on the amount of actual space the load would take? I have a formula somewhere. If I can find it. It would be glad to share. I do verylittle LTL quotes but it is good to know how to do them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jbyler in Overland Park, Kansas

38 months ago

Weight, space, and class determine cost. As does discount passedon to each broker or customer. We have an 88% discouunt with most LTL carriers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jeremy in Huntington Beach, California

37 months ago

Hey guys. Are you saying that a customer can call me with an LTL shipment and I can then re-brokers that shipment out to Fedex or UPS at a discounted price, tack on my fee for the shipment, and get the load covered that way? How do you get discounts with these LTL companies. I am somewhat fimiliar with "exclusive use" expedite type of loads and stuff like that "I have a few secret boards I might be able to share with you all if you are willing to trade infomation" but I am not really experienced with the LTL market. I have a special board where I can get a cargo van or sprinter into a shipper in Los Angels and have that load delivered to Detroit in less than 50 hours. I can sometimes get this done for under a dollar a mile by my carriers and still make a profit on the load. Please let me know about your trade secrets if you dare. Thanks for any help in advance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Eyad in Damascus, Syrian Arab Republic

37 months ago

Dears ,
any one have an e book to learn more about the shipping rules and how we can calculate the costs ?
i think if we can calculate the coasts we can got better rates by negotiation

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Eyad in Damascus, Syrian Arab Republic

36 months ago

i think we can find out more about these things by studying the structures and the control systems for the most grow -up shipping companies coz they can invest a line for less-cost and make it competitive advantage which make them grow up fast ...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.