Job outlook and environment in Boston MA

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

BostonMind in Bronx, New York

24 months ago

I am planning to re-locate to Boston, MA, pretty much I have extensive experience in all fields, minus an associate degree. Going through a email and application process from NYC, I have gotten alot of responses for jobs (that I haven't gotten that much action since the early 2000's in NYC)
Still debating after watching a report that Boston is the third best city in the US for women for jobs. Even though its still a tough economy, I see outlook overthere, then here in NYC. Any suggestions on what industry should I take?
I have Administrative, Customer Service and Entertainment experience under the belt (and certified ServSafe in Culinary school).
I would like a Hospital Job as Unit clerk or Secretary....Job pay, rate, worker morale, attitude, How is the temp agencies and HR process up there? Everything Internet submissions??? Please elaborate Thank you from your future beantowner
Note: I am a Honduran-American, a BLACK LATINA, in certain parts of NYC, (such as South Bronx) my skin color is a shock value for all of my experience, name (american first name and french last name) and my creditals (fluent in spanish on my resume and my voice) Is certain workplaces diverse, less tension??? Helpful????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.