New Agent Commission

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Louisville in Louisville, Kentucky

67 months ago

What is reasonable for a new agent with no experience to expect as a commission? I've heard 6-7% of the gross rate is fair.

Thanks,

Lou

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Louisville in Louisville, Kentucky

67 months ago

ixltraining in Urbana, Ohio said: Every broker is different cut the best deal you can most work off of net at 60/40 or 70/30 and some brokers at 50/50 .
that is fair into days world ....brokers at 80/20 and 90/10 scare me

Thanks for the response. There's also a non-compete in the contract. Is that standard? It doesn't seem like it as most brokers want a new hire to bring a book of business.

lenise1973 in Conyers, Georgia

67 months ago

Remember brokers that hire new agents are few and far between. Watch your contract, watch your percentage of pay (don't accept anything under 50/50!!! 60/40 70/30 are good--you getting the highest percentage and the broker the less percentage), make sure your customers will remain yours. You don't want to go out here and work with them for a year only to lose your customers should you decide to leave and start your own business a year later. Also if there is a NON-COMPETE clause, decide against it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mr Broker in Chicago, Illinois

61 months ago

lenise1973 in Conyers, Georgia said: Remember brokers that hire new agents are few and far between. Watch your contract, watch your percentage of pay (don't accept anything under 50/50!!! 60/40 70/30 are good--you getting the highest percentage and the broker the less percentage), make sure your customers will remain yours. You don't want to go out here and work with them for a year only to lose your customers should you decide to leave and start your own business a year later. Also if there is a NON-COMPETE clause, decide against it.

hmmm. and you want a broker to higher a newbie. You sound so ignorant. How many people that start in this business with NO experience are going to start their own brokerage after a year. Do you even know what it takes to run a brokerage???? If I get someone calling me begging to let them get started because they are new and no book of business or experience, they will pay the price of getting experience. Any broker who wants to hire a newbie based on lenise's advice is a moron! (sorry, but i couldn't help myself, especially after Joe Wilson called the president a liar :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

kansas- J in Oswego, Illinois

51 months ago

Keeping it REAL!

jack in Winchester, Massachusetts

48 months ago

So Mr broker, your saying an agents should forget about the NON-compete agreement and let their accounts get stolen from them when their let go. " they will pay the price getting experience." Your a thief and immoral business man.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.