Tariff Quote Software?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Worthington in Amherst, New York

72 months ago

Aside from the load boards out there and simple spot quote requests, what is the best system for a broker to use to get and compare motor carriers' discounted tariff rates? Which one handles accessorials best? Which is reasonably priced?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

Both in one would be great, Marty, (and it wouldn't hurt if it could do drayage too, if that's not too much to ask) or even best of breed to get price quotes for each one separately if necessary?

Looking for the easiest (automated) way to get the best last resort(reliable)rate when the load boards come up empty for a backhaul. There has to be a more efficient way than call after call.

I know there are some that are part of whole TMS systems, but I'm just looking for a fast and accurate rating tool. I've looked into Leonard's Guide, but it seems too... well, I don't want to offend anyone, but I'm looking for a serious solution. I've searched the web, looked at others, but it's not easy to figure out what's what.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

Marty, thank you for the offer, I might take you up on that. However, I am not looking to be part of your network to use your company's software, not am I looking for training. I am already in this industry and have been searching for a good tariff quote comparison tool for awhile and have already talked to many people in the industry about it who don't have clear answers.

The closest thing I've found is from WDX, but they are only working directly with freight forwarders and 3PL's right now for customers now, not brokers or agents.

If anyone has any suggestions I'd be very interested in hearing them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

jlansangan in Tustin, California

20 months ago

Our TMS actually specializes in building tariffs for LTL and TL (rates not as common as LTL). We can build tariffs for discounted base rates, pallet rates, piece rates, CWT, linear feet, cubic ft, cubic meter, dim weight, mileage rates, and flat rate point to point.

Our software also has the ability to manage your spot quotes and post to the load boards. Visit our website if you would like more information.

www.trinnos.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.