What are the best freight agent broker qualifications and training to get ahead?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 182 of 182)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4   

jayjayfun in Altamonte Springs, Florida

38 months ago

can you tell me the name of the schools , that have assistance for disabled,

jeff in Keller, Texas said: I now of at least three schools that offer full assistance if your disabled.

Google

freight broker school - do your research

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

38 months ago

can you please tell me the name of the schools that assist you for the disabled, thank you , john Rodriguez

38 months ago

how can I get in touch with Ryans website thank you, john r

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Don Starcher in Titusville, Florida

38 months ago

I would like to become a freight agent and would like to know what i need to do to get started to gain experience. I have zero experience as a freight agent but i have been in the transportation industry for several years as both a local and otr driver.

shirley wood in Cleveland, Ohio

37 months ago

FMS Logistics in Middletown, Ohio said: For those of you that are asking questions about getting setup as a freight broker, there are many ways to do this. If you have any questions let me know, I would be willing to help anyone out that needs it. Hell with going to a school and having someone in a class room teach you how do it. If you want to learn that bad I would be more then willing to have you come in to my Company and sit with me for a week and learn the ropes for a couple of hundred $. That way you get real hands on experience, and may even be able to offer jobs to the right people working from your home. Don't waste your money on a class room, send me an email at mfoster5502@hotmail.com and I will get you started.[/QUOTE ]

Thank you for your advise . My name is Shirley I am very serous about taking the next step in the trucking and transportation industry . I am currently an owner operator , I have over 14 years of experience in the field. I understand that people think that this is a quick way to make unlimited income yet I am a realist and understand that to be successful it takes drive ambition , motivation , never ending perseverance . Interpersonal skills as well as the ability to build and maintain lasting relationships, treating others with respect even when others do not treat you with respect. I feel that being open to learn new things and the wisdom to use it is a must.I have know people with college degrees that were unable to achieve their goals or dreams I feel that education never hurt anyone it could be a door just waiting to be opened. Thank you so much for you the information that you was able to share with me . I hope to hear from you soon. Thank you
ss

other

Chris Lk Pan in LAKE PANASOFFKEE, Florida

36 months ago

Ok I know this has been asked many times on here and a lot of people have given good advise. But I still have no idea how somebody without a book of business can get into this line of work. I am extremely interested in getting the experience and building a book up. Yet how do you accomplish this when every company I have spoken with and every help wanted ad I have read demands a book of business. I want my own business and I really would like to be an agent. So please any help any leads heck a smack in the head to point me in the right direction would be so appreciated.

Chris Lk Pan in LAKE PANASOFFKEE, Florida

36 months ago

for BGT in Miami please give me a way to contact y'all or at least a website so I can get some info on your company

James

36 months ago

Not sure if you heard about the freight broker training at sea program but if you google freight broker training it will come up. It's done on a Carnival Cruise ship!

Joe in Tainan, Taiwan

35 months ago

Can a freight broker agent position be performed by an American expat living overseas? I also have someone (brother) who would assist and they are in Phoenix, AZ. What is needed to get started? Is anyone hiring agents? We have adequate technology skills and equipment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

steven fost in Missoula, Montana

33 months ago

The LION said: There is no patriot in transportation business! Call Marty. She's the best in the field.

Could you send MARTY's phone # to me i would really like to speak to her about being an agent with a hard start!!! i really could use some advice. you can email me her # or give her my email. hamrer34@yahoo.com

Stacey in Charlotte, North Carolina

32 months ago

That is the best information I have gotten thus far. Now I know where to begin.

DJosians in Arlington, Texas

31 months ago

A longtime friend of mine, started her trucking company, and she has authority, and all the bells and whistles. I recently lost my job as a dispatcher, and she encouraged me to join her company as a broker agent with a 70/30 split. I will be working from my home, I have a laptop, fax/copier/scanner, long distance line, all the packets when it comes to carriers, and shippers, even broker to broker stuff, she even gave me a few leads. I am still a bit overwhelmed and would love for a seasoned agent to mentor me as I enter into a new era.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

kelvin in Fort Worth, Texas

30 months ago

John D Thomas in Juarez, Mexico said: Priscilla,

With the type of claim you are making, I think you owe it the readers to verify that you are indeed consistently getting $3K-$5K per load.

Your claim would be verified if you would provide at least 2-3 INDEPENDENT sources that can basically substantiate and guarantee that your figures are correct.

Are you up to the challenge?

We are waiting.

yea he is right, he makes 3-5k per load because he is one of those "screw everyonews pockets" type of guy he keeps it all and sells the load off to some hungry owner operator trying to move his tuck

broward in Houston, Texas

29 months ago

Anyone has any used training dvds or books or cds for sale? Thanks

scott in Shreveport, Louisiana

25 months ago

Jeff in Roanoke, Texas said: the best type of training is what is best for you. Some companies offer a one day seminar and some offer a full week. You can even take an on-line course.
The main reason for the school is to gt knowledge.
Knowledge is just knowledge unless you use it then it becomes wisdom.

Jeff

Hi Jeff I am a new broker I haven't been successful. How do you connect with the different ports to get freight?

p scott in Shreveport, Louisiana

25 months ago

Jeff in Roanoke, Texas said: the best type of training is what is best for you. Some companies offer a one day seminar and some offer a full week. You can even take an on-line course.

Jeff

Hi Jeff I am a new broker I haven't been successful. How do you connect with the different ports to get freight?

p scott in Shreveport, Louisiana

25 months ago

scott in Shreveport, Louisiana said: Hi Jeff I am a new broker I haven't been successful. How do you connect with the different ports to get freight?

I took a one week class that I paid $2500 for.. I didn't think to ask for at the time

Pam J in Stockbridge, Georgia

23 months ago

ElUOTE who="Jeff in Roanoke, Texas"]the best type of training is what is best for you. Some companies offer a one day seminar and some offer a full week. You can even take an on-line course.

Jeff

Hello Jeff I sm currently looking for an on line school do you know one that is good? I would rather choose a school that someone can tell me about.

Pam J in Stockbridge, Georgia

23 months ago

Jeff what is the name of your school, and were they helpful in employing you with s broker?
Pam J

ruth conway in lewistown, Pennsylvania

20 months ago

what is the most effective way to get customers/shippers for someone new in the industry??

Freight Brokers in Kewanee, Illinois

19 months ago

scott in Shreveport, Louisiana said: Hi Jeff I am a new broker I haven't been successful. How do you connect with the different ports to get freight?

The Ports do not give you freight. The Shippers who have loads comin give you the freight. You would typically get this freight from a freight forwarder or the actual shipper who is utlizing the freight forwarder.

19 months ago

James said: Not sure if you heard about the freight broker training at sea program but if you google freight broker training it will come up. It's done on a Carnival Cruise ship!

Well I think I know the instructor and he knows nothing about moving freight. This however does not stop people form paying him $700 for their authority which they could get for $300 if they fill out the application themselves. He is a former DOT guy basically nothing more than a former bean counter who checks for rules and regulations. He has never moved a load in his life I bet. Does he have a freight brokerage? I do not think so. If you like cruises though hey go for it. Whats the worst you will get besides a good drunk on!

19 months ago

ruth conway in lewistown, Pennsylvania said: what is the most effective way to get customers/shippers for someone new in the industry??

Customers are easy to get. You better have a good carrier base if you want to move freight.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

ruth conway in lewistown, Pennsylvania

19 months ago

hardly workin in Kingsland, Georgia said: the best training for becoming a freight agent is to have a wealthy relative or a contact in a big global corporation;if you don't have that welcome to the world of reverse auctions where the lowest bidder wins...good luck....hope you already have a subsidised income....

LOLOLOL, wow, certainly not encouraging at all for those that may want to break into this industry

19 months ago

ruth conway in lewistown, Pennsylvania said: LOLOLOL, wow, certainly not encouraging at all for those that may want to break into this industry

That's because most who enter the industry are so poorly trained and have no idea what there doing. They all hope to find the answer on these boards or from someone who says there a mentor. They soon find out in most cases that there mentor is as clueless as them. What's the old saying "The Blind Leading The Blind"

SandyK2 in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

14 months ago

Did you hear about the Industry cruise?

If anyone is still interested in going on the Sept 6-9 Royal Caribbean Majesty of the Sea cruise from Miami to the Bahamas, we can still get you into our group, even though the link on www.IndustryatSea.com no longer works because the deadline has passed. Call the A I P B A’s travel agent–Mr. Tedd Washington of ‘Cruises Only’ at 1 8 8 8 9 6 9 4 7 6 8 press 1 then ext. 7 7 2 6 0. Mention A I P B A and he will hook you up with a cabin at our negotiated discounted rates. Act fast if you want to go!

We can still get you on board Majesty of the Seas!

"Industry at Sea:" Annual Meeting & Conference/Networking Cruise for Freight Brokers & Agents

derrick crockrom in Missouri City, Texas

12 months ago

Al in Sacramento, California said: can't drive any more, need help how start

Hi my name is derrick crockrom i have been a driver for many year's and would to try freight brokeing,I have realstate back ground and think I would fit in well with this

ren1010ren@sbcglobal.net in Houston, Texas

4 months ago

Host said: What is the best training for becoming a freight agent broker? What types of ongoing training or certifications are necessary to be an effective freight agent broker?

What do non-traditional career paths look like?

looking for a good school for freight broker agent

The Highwaymen in Detroit, Michigan

4 months ago

I have new freight leads at a low cost to start new agents and also training if you need it .

4 months ago

I have new freight leads at a low cost to start new agents and also training if you need it .
contact galaxywide1@gmail.com

4 months ago

I have fresh freight sales leads at a low cost and training online if you need it
contact me @ galaxywide1@gmail.com

4 months ago

I have training and sales leads to get you going .
contact me at galaxywide1@gmail.com

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.