What is the best Software for Freight Brokers?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 79)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

recruiting@gmail.com in Ridgewood, New Jersey

72 months ago

Dark Horse in Kansas City, Missouri said: I have been shopping around for freight broker software, and im curious as to what people in the business recommend or think is the best software.

For a small broker starting out check out load pilot, it will do all you need and works with quick books, I personally do not use it as we do 20 mil a year and are domestic and international freight forwards who handles mostly ltl and have larger needs however for someone starting out I do not think I have ever seen a broker program more user friendly.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (82) / No (37) Reply - Report abuse

Ron Smith in Midland, Ontario

71 months ago

You can also check out ITS-dispatch at its-dispatch.com. We use it for our business and it's great. It's web based so we can access it from anywhere and they just added a new component for multiple offices. It's pretty cost effective as well at around $65.00 a month with nothing needed up front other than the first paymnet. We were set up and using it within an hour and we move over 250 loads a week with it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (100) / No (24) Reply - Report abuse

Ben Ward in Houston, Texas

71 months ago

We use ALJEX software and although you never own the software they make constant upgrades providing you top of the line sftware at all times.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Peter White in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

66 months ago

You have to take a look at the software package being offered by Solvere Logistics (www.solverelogistics.com). I've been in this industry for 17 years and it's the most comprehensive Logistics Software package that I have ever seen.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (25) Reply - Report abuse

Turbo Transit in Richwood, Ohio

63 months ago

I like prophecy. It cost money but it rocks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

fr8man in Scottsdale, Arizona

59 months ago

We train our students at the American Broker Academy using LoadPilot software. Take it from me, we have done an enormous amount of research and testing and it is hands-down, the easiest to learn and the best for brokerages running small to mid-sized operations. It also offers capabilities the others just don't have and the price is unbeatable.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (42) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

juststarting in Farmington, Michigan

57 months ago

are there any non web-based softwares for freight brokers. I was going to build my own Access application with an excel interface, but if something is already out there for a good price, I would rather use that.
Thanx

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

freight-guy in Victoria, British Columbia

55 months ago

Opps....

try this link www.tailwindsys.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

holmestammie in Atlanta, Georgia

54 months ago

what is the consequences for a broker illegally brokering loads when the license has been revoked by FMSCA

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Kelly in Oak Lawn, Illinois

53 months ago

Scott in Kewanee in Wadsworth, Ohio said: Dr.Dispatch Lite - Cost like $300. It is not offered on the website, you have to contact them to get it. Good program.

Hey Scott, what is the main difference between the LITE and the regular one. I can't see any info online for the Lite.. so just curious before i call them and they start "hounding" me lol..

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Steve in Aurora, Illinois

49 months ago

recruiting@gmail.com in Ridgewood, New Jersey said: For a small broker starting out check out load pilot, it will do all you need and works with quick books, I personally do not use it as we do 20 mil a year and are domestic and international freight forwards who handles mostly ltl and have larger needs however for someone starting out I do not think I have ever seen a broker program more user friendly.

Don't waste e penny on load pilot. I use it before , now I end up using excel sheets for now and I am better of load pilot is a joke is not a software. I can't believe somebody can write this . You suppose to help the people with your postings.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

myexpressfreight.com in Ridgewood, New Jersey

49 months ago

and yes, tailwinds is good too...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ravshan in Brooklyn, New York

39 months ago

Gentlemen, I am thinking about starting brokerage operations because I got a few own trucks, where am I supposed to look for loads? Can anyone give me an advise where to look for them? What boards are popular, which of them are most effective (and probably cost efficient)? Please, advise.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (48) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Catwoman in Clarksville, Tennessee

39 months ago

Steve in Aurora, Illinois said: Don't waste e penny on load pilot. I use it before , now I end up using excel sheets for now and I am better of load pilot is a joke is not a software. I can't believe somebody can write this . You suppose to help the people with your postings.

Would you mind emailing me a blank copy of the Excel sheet you use?
epstranger7@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Chris S in New Hyde Park, New York

38 months ago

Hello All!
This is a transition for me from Finance to Logistics and looks like every company out there are looking for experienced candidates. Any suggestions, How I can get started in logistics as a freight broker? anyone??

Thank you in advance

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

G Blomgren in Fresno, California

38 months ago

At Diamond, we have used both Load Pilot and ITS; in the end, the theory I found that works well is that your system should serve your business versus your business serving the system. What I mean by this is that often we tailor our practices to the capabilities, strengths, and weaknesses of the software. Which is a sure way to make sure you operate like every other company out there, with nothing to distinguish yourself from the crowd. The greatest shortcoming of any logistics software is the lack of an emphasis on freight sales. Most focus exclusively on the actual transaction and nothing for the harder part, which is the contact management, notes, follow-ups, etc - getting the business. In the end we just paid a web-based software wiz to develop a custom platform for us that matches the way we do business with an elaborate customer service management component. Honestly, it cost us less than a couple of years' subscription to these others.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Otis Magoo in Birmingham, Alabama

34 months ago

I've seen virtually all the TMS systems today. Each application has their pros and cons. As with factoring, smoke and mirrors are abundant. Make sure you don't end up with a legacy development platform or you will certainly run into speed, data integrity, and expandability issues. Flat file databases are vastly underpowered as your data piles up. A word of advice is demand to see a demo set with a few million dispatch and billing transactions with at least ten workstations sending and retrieving data. This is the best way to find out if you are purchasing underpowerd technology. If you start getting dodgy answers you can be sure you've stepped right in the middle of of smoke and mirrors. There is no middle ground here. Request to see the features you need during your demos and have a list at the ready before getting on the telecon. If the rep cannot produce answers on the spot, nine times out of ten there is a gap in the feature set. Remember that sales reps are ready to spin, spin, spin the facts. A common tactic is to overwhelm the prospect with a very large feature set that couldn't possibly be covered in a two or three short demos. Don't be wowed by this - it generally means the software and personality is lacking.

Also, do NOT fall for the "we are planning on building this feature pitch". This is vapor-ware plain and simple. Your company wants to grow and there are many litmus tests available during the demo phase before a $10,000, 20,000, 50,000, 100,000+ dollar outlay while throwing your company into implementation chaos.

If you need help evaluating a TMS, shoot me an email or post a reply on this board. I'd be happy to discuss ways you can avoid wasting valuable company time, money, and most importantly profits. Having personally implemented several hundred small to multi-site fully integrated TMS systems it would be my pleasure to help you avoid these unfortunately all to often pit falls.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (40) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jeremy in Huntington Beach, California

34 months ago

Ben Ward in Houston, Texas said: We use ALJEX software and although you never own the software they make constant upgrades providing you top of the line sftware at all times.

How is the Ajax software working out for you guys? I am curently using ITS dispatch software and it seems to be a pretty good deal. I have used it to keep track of my cargo van drivers and some of the loads that theu have done for various other trucking companies. However I have not used it for my brokering operation (as my brokering operation has had zero customers in the past 2 months). I did recently receive an invitation to become a broker/agent for a larger outfit and they are using the Ajax system and i'm just wondering if it is better than the ITS software that I am currently using. Any advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jeremy in Huntington Beach, California

34 months ago

Ron Smith in Midland, Ontario said: You can also check out ITS-dispatch at its-dispatch.com . We use it for our business and it's great. It's web based so we can access it from anywhere and they just added a new component for multiple offices. It's pretty cost effective as well at around $65.00 a month with nothing needed up front other than the first paymnet. We were set up and using it within an hour and we move over 250 loads a week with it.

This is a good deal man, but there is only onw drawback that i've found with the ITS dispatch software. It can only be used to automatically post loads to the ITS truck stop load board. I don't know how to make it post to 123 load board or Getloaded.com simeltaneously. I might be mistaken but it seems like you cannot use this software to post on multiple load boards. Other then that I see no problem with the board, and for the price it's simply unbeatable.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jack Simpson in Atlanta, Georgia

34 months ago

Transcore has the best system. Run far away from Infinity Software's Broker Plus/Pro. A great many have made the mistake of purchasing it while referring to this homegrown program as "Broken Plus." You can even drop 10K to add-on "Broken Fax!!!" Do yourself a favor and buy a real TMS like McLeod Software or Transcore.

Also, watch out for programs with a QuickBooks interface. Just because many people use QuickBooks doesn't mean it's the best solution for a growing freight broker. Ask yourself, "Are you buying a serious TMS or a homegrown dispatch interface that is basically worthless without Intuit's QuickBooks?"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

garrettgm in New Orleans, Louisiana

34 months ago

G Blomgren in Fresno, California said: At Diamond, we have used both Load Pilot and ITS; in the end, the theory I found that works well is that your system should serve your business versus your business serving the system. What I mean by this is that often we tailor our practices to the capabilities, strengths, and weaknesses of the software. Which is a sure way to make sure you operate like every other company out there, with nothing to distinguish yourself from the crowd. The greatest shortcoming of any logistics software is the lack of an emphasis on freight sales. Most focus exclusively on the actual transaction and nothing for the harder part, which is the contact management, notes, follow-ups, etc - getting the business. In the end we just paid a web-based software wiz to develop a custom platform for us that matches the way we do business with an elaborate customer service management component. Honestly, it cost us less than a couple of years' subscription to these others.

How would I go about finding someone to custom build our company web based brokerage software? I would prefer a developer with experience in the industry.

Henry Sheldon in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

32 months ago

garrettgm in New Orleans, Louisiana said: How would I go about finding someone to custom build our company web based brokerage software? I would prefer a developer with experience in the industry.

I do software consulting for the transportation industry. I might be able to help you to building your own software. Please e-mail me if you are need help on this. henry.sheldon@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

DM in East Syracuse, New York

31 months ago

Just to chime in on the web-based vs. server/workstation install. We currently operate 3 offices across the country and have run into serious issues with server/workstation installs dependent on a flat-file database. Specifically, software instances that can't communicate over secure web requests are between 8.9x and 22.7x slower and virtually unusable. (Numbers based on actual tests in our offices.)

If you're one office/LAN, a server/workstation is great. If you have anyone working remotely, it will likely require a less-than-ideal remote desktop connection for them to use the system. So don't rule out web-based systems a rule. Tailwind, among others, offers a package that your company can host the web-based system, giving you kind of the best of both worlds.

As mentioned before, find a system that works for your business- don't change your business to fit the system.

Also, stay away from ISS Broker Plus. It's outdated, full of bugs, and slower than a sloth in molasses.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

WP formerly in United Kingdom

30 months ago

The only thing this forum tells me is that everyone has an opinion and its usually bias. Before you take the word of anyone on this forum do your homework, check out each potential software, and make an informed decision. Don't rely on other's opinions when it comes to running your business.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

dispatch load board in Mentor

30 months ago

We built our own freight broker software to manage our business when I was a freight broker myself. We also made it modular with options for carriers and shippers. I originally teamed up with a buddy who is a PHP programmer to build Dispatch Load Board and once it was built, we both decided we would rather run a Software company than stay in the brokerage business.

Dispatch Load Board is web-based and makes it easy to post loads to any of the well known internet load boards, run an in-house load board or embed your load board into your website. We've toyed with the idea of producing a server/workstation install version, but DM is absolutely right about the issues that can occur there. Since our current customers all tell us they love the product and the portability of web-based software suits them, we haven't gone ahead with the different version. Hell, we have one carrier/broker who's using our software to post his loads from his truck while he's on the road! We love that!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Experienced Freight Broker in Minneapolis, Minnesota

29 months ago

Be sure to checkout ShippersEdge TMS. We looked at both high and low end systems and decided on them. The high end systems we looked at (Keypoint, McLeod, MercuryGate)were good but way to expensive for us. The entry-level systems like ITS and Dr. Dispatch were way cheaper and easier to use, but we knew we would quickly outgrow them. We ultimately decided on ShippersEdge because it was easy to use and priced like a low-end system, but had the full list of features we saw in the large systems. We decided cloud based system were a better fit for us because they are much easier to setup and maintain.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Debra D in Gardena, California

29 months ago

G Blomgren in Fresno, California said: At Diamond, we have used both Load Pilot and ITS; in the end, the theory I found that works well is that your system should serve your business versus your business serving the system. What I mean by this is that often we tailor our practices to the capabilities, strengths, and weaknesses of the software. Which is a sure way to make sure you operate like every other company out there, with nothing to distinguish yourself from the crowd. The greatest shortcoming of any logistics software is the lack of an emphasis on freight sales. Most focus exclusively on the actual transaction and nothing for the harder part, which is the contact management, notes, follow-ups, etc - getting the business. In the end we just paid a web-based software wiz to develop a custom platform for us that matches the way we do business with an elaborate customer service management component. Honestly, it cost us less than a couple of years' subscription to these others.

Makes sence to me what you said, I am a new Freight Agent and I was looking for a software that can do exactly what you said, Manage the sales end of things, because thats really all I will be doing in the begining. Any tips on who you hired to set up your software or do you know of any programs compatabile?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Bobby Dannison in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida

29 months ago

I've read the above comments and can concur with many of the opinions. Red flags should be flying if the software product (web or network based) is a first release program. I'm referring to the product NOT the company. Don't be fooled by the numbers behind the product name. For instance, "Broker Program 10.00" might appear as if it's been around 10 years, but in reality its a first release software written on a brand new platform even though that company has a whole line of legacy software. Don't fall into the trap of being a software company's beta tester. Be skeptical if when software companies patch their software regularly. This means it's bug heavy. Moreover, a first release software will end up being frequently updated by default because it must work out bugs and begin building new features. This is no small thing (especially with web based solutions) because everyone is being updated at one time. Any unestablished web app hasn't had years of being battle tested. Believe me - there are plenty of alternatives out there.

Whether it's a new version or new program, many have been duped into testing while ending up focusing valuable time and money on software issues rather than moving freight and growing. And, DO NOT believe it when a smaller company tells you they have XXX number of companies running their software. In Freight Brokering, companies startup then fail at very high rates so it's a good idea to ask how many ACTIVE companies are currently using A SPECIFIC product.

Lastly, don't let sales reps fool you with generalized statements. Even though that was a generalized statement itself, always turn generalized topics into specific knowledge. For example a rep may say, "Part of your monthly fee includes the new features we will be adding." The two paragraphs above point out ways this will impact you if you aren't careful. Also, watch out for this statement "No software can be guaranteed as bug free." This is a loaded statement.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Bobby Dannison in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida

29 months ago

I've read the above comments and can concur with many of the opinions. Red flags should be flying if the software product (web or network based) is a first release program. I'm referring to the product NOT the company. Don't be fooled by the numbers behind the product name. For instance, "Broker Program 10.00" might appear as if it's been around 10 years, but in reality its a first release software written on a brand new platform even though that company has a whole line of legacy software. Don't fall into the trap of being a software company's beta tester. Be skeptical if when software companies patch their software regularly. This means it's bug heavy. Moreover, a first release software will end up being frequently updated by default because it must work out bugs and begin building new features. This is no small thing (especially with web based solutions) because everyone is being updated at one time. Any unestablished web app hasn't had years of being battle tested. Believe me - there are plenty of alternatives out there.

Whether it's a new version or new program, many have been duped into testing while ending up focusing valuable time and money on software issues rather than moving freight and growing. And, DO NOT believe it when a smaller company tells you they have XXX number of companies running their software. In Freight Brokering, companies startup then fail at very high rates so it's a good idea to ask how many ACTIVE companies are currently using A SPECIFIC product.

Lastly, don't let sales reps fool you with generalized statements. Even though that was a generalized statement itself, always turn generalized topics into specific knowledge. For example a rep may say, "Part of your monthly fee includes the new features we will be adding." The two paragraphs above point out ways this will impact you if you aren't careful. Also, watch out for this statement "No software can be guaranteed as bug free." This is a loaded statement.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jed simmons in Boca Raton, Florida

28 months ago

the aljex system is so much better than the its system. it works with all the loadboards, and it actually brokers out a lot of the loads automatically. (well, it gets a person to intervene to approve the rate agreement), and it also automatically contacts the carriers for updates. comparing it to internet truckstop's software is like comparing a bulldozer to a shovel. i have been to aljex's user conference and met some of their other customers and everyone that i ever met that used it has told me they loved it.

Scott in Savannah, Georgia

28 months ago

Strategy Live. It's much cheaper and does the same thing

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Raye Ackerman in Newmarket, Ontario

28 months ago

Comparing Aljex and ITS Dispatch is like comparing a Corvette to a Honda civic. They are both cars. They both do the basic things that cars need to do but one is going to have more options and features than the other. One is going to have some additional tools that you may or may not need. Bottom line is you will get more tools with one of them and it will cost you money. If those tools are something that you have no desire to use or can't afford, then don't bother paying extra for them. There are many software options out there for all types of customers, with all kinds of price points. Just like comparing a Civic to a Vette is not smart, neither is comparing software. (Civic would win anyway!!!)

If money is no object then buy the best that you can afford. If money is an issue and you are looking for something that covers all the basics for your growing Brokerage business (Plus a little more), then services like ITS Dispatch are a great solution that can grow with you and your business. No matter who you choose, ask what the support and training costs are associated with learning to use your new software.

Just a side note that I am affiliated with Internet Truckstop and ITS Dispatch...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

mjlefeuv in Barrie, Ontario

28 months ago

We use ArcFreight by Arcline and are very happy with it. Started using the system in 1990 and have been a loyal customer for over 20 years. Arcline has continued to have new products/updates over the years. It is a server based software, we like to be in control of our own data. Customer service and technical support staff are great, they do not employ an annoying phone system which is nice.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Gloria MD in Jackson, Mississippi

27 months ago

Otis,

Otis Magoo in Birmingham, Alabama said: I've seen virtually all the TMS systems today. Each application has their pros and cons. As with factoring, smoke and mirrors are abundant. Make sure you don't end up with a legacy development platform or you will certainly run into speed, data integrity, and expandability issues. Flat file databases are vastly underpowered as your data piles up. A word of advice is demand to see a demo set with a few million dispatch and billing transactions with at least ten workstations sending and retrieving data. This is the best way to find out if you are purchasing underpowerd technology. If you start getting dodgy answers you can be sure you've stepped right in the middle of of smoke and mirrors. There is no middle ground here. Request to see the features you need during your demos and have a list at the ready before getting on the telecon. If the rep cannot produce answers on the spot, nine times out of ten there is a gap in the feature set. Remember that sales reps are ready to spin, spin, spin the facts. A common tactic is to overwhelm the prospect with a very large feature set that couldn't possibly be covered in a two or three short demos. Don't be wowed by this - it generally means the software and personality is lacking.

Also, do NOT fall for the "we are planning on building this feature pitch". This is vapor-ware plain and simple. Your company wants to grow and there are many litmus tests available during the demo phase before a $10,000, 20,000, 50,000, 100,000+ dollar outlay while throwing your company into implementation chaos.

If you need help evaluating a TMS, shoot me an email or post a reply on this board. I'd be happy to discuss ways you can avoid wasting valuable company time, money, and most importantly profits. Having personally implemented several hundred small to multi-site fully integrated TMS systems it would be my pleasure to help you avoid these unfortunately all to often pit falls.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Tina in Concord, North Carolina

27 months ago

I currently use Aljex at the company I work for but will soon be beginning my own business from home, I am very knowledgable in this field and is ready to get started, I understand all the softwares has its pros and cons but if you were to integrate to your own business with no customers of your own, which software is cost efficient and provide the functions to be very successful, I can always switch as my business expands, I am torn between load pilot, strategy systems and ITS, any additional feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Bill in Cincinnati, Ohio

27 months ago

Interesting thread. I would love to get everyones opinion. We've been using transcore keypoint for a while now. We'll have to change servers shortly and upgrade our maintenance package. We've been looking at web based options so it's more cost friendly. Called on 3pl systems. Then i got an anonymous email saying that they were in litigation over the fact that they are owned and developed by a freight broker, who was basically just data farming all the information on shippers and freight rates.

Looked in to Load Pilot, saw they offer a database of 30,000 shippers, and am wondering if they are essentially doing the same thing but just selling the information rather than using it direct.

ITS i would actually trust, but it can barely be modified.

Anyone know of any good options? Where forms can be customized, either web based or non, that doesnt cost thousands of dollars and require servers? Would love to get some input.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Raye Ackerman in Newmarket, Ontario

27 months ago

Hi Bill and thanks for your comments. I can speak to the ITS product only as I am involved with it but I do not know too much about the others.

We can do some custom work and have done so in the past based on customer requirements. The general rule is that if it's an add on that would benefit your company only, then there would be a charge associated with the entire cost to build what you're looking for. If it's an add on that might benefit other customers, then we would lower the charge but there still would be one in order to have the build expedited. Forms and reports are one of the easier things for our team to modify and build as well.

Give us a call and we can discuss further.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Chris in Barrie, Ontario

27 months ago

Bill,

You're right about the web-based, there's always the issue of YOUR data residing on someone ELSE's server. There are, however, server/workstation install softwares available that are not priced sky-high.

The other issue with web based as you are finding out for yourself, is that customization is not always possible.

You can give me a call any time if you'd like to look into our solutions. I'm sure I would be able to provide you with a fair price for everything you're looking for.

Chris
Arcline (2000) Inc.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Steve Sevigny in Long Beach, California

23 months ago

We have been using 3PL for the past 4 years and are very happy with their software program and tech support when needed. It is the best program we’ve found that caters to LTL brokers and their specific needs. Our customers have told us that it is very easy to use and understand, which is the first step in trying to get computer phobic customers to use our website. Once they realize how easy it is to use it ultimately helps reduce all the emails & phone calls we receive each day, which then helps us become more efficient as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Steve Sevigny in Long Beach, California

23 months ago

We have been using 3PL Systems for the past 4 years and are very happy with their software program and tech support when needed. It is the best program we’ve found that caters to LTL brokers and their specific needs. Our customers have told us that it is very easy to use and understand, which is the first step in trying to get computer phobic customers to use our website. Once they realize how easy it is to use it ultimately helps reduce all the emails & phone calls we receive each day, which then helps us become more efficient as well.
Here is their site: www.3plsystems.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Arturo Jones in Paramus, New Jersey

22 months ago

3PL Systems had some rough patches with lawsuits with subcontractors if memory serves me right. I have tried multiple TMS / Broker software and 3PL Systems is far down the list. There are many others in my opinion that are more robust and less expensive than 3PL Systems. I ranked their TMS a 2 out of a 10 compared to many others.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

G Blomgren in Reynoldsburg, Ohio

18 months ago

We are just starting a international freight company,how would We go about finding a company to custom build our company web based software?
Please email oklonge@yahoo.com.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tim Morrow in Redmond, Oregon

13 months ago

Chris S in New Hyde Park, New York said: Hello All!
This is a transition for me from Finance to Logistics and looks like every company out there are looking for experienced candidates. Any suggestions, How I can get started in logistics as a freight broker? anyone??

Thank you in advance

Hi Chris. I'm considering the same thing. How did your transition go?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Tim Morrow in Redmond, Oregon

13 months ago

Hi Chris. I am considering moving from a finance career to logistics as well. Did you do,this? How was the transition?

chiefwalker504 in Pompano Beach, Florida

12 months ago

You can also get a listing at www.freightreviews.com it is a helpful way to get new business by getting your customers to submit reviews for you on the high traffic website, and it shows to your new potential customers how great your company is based on your profile.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

vguillar in Houston, Texas

12 months ago

Ben Ward in Houston, Texas said: We use ALJEX software and although you never own the software they make constant upgrades providing you top of the line sftware at all times.

Ben, do you know of a location in Houston to get the training needed to become a broker?

-PAUL- in Winnipeg, Manitoba

11 months ago

Hopefully this answers your query avaal.com/logistics_management.php

But this is in Canada and they also Truck Dispatch Specialist Course and Freight Forwarding Fast Track

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

-PAUL- in Winnipeg, Manitoba

11 months ago

vguillar in Houston, Texas said: Ben, do you know of a location in Houston to get the training needed to become a broker?

Hopefully this answers your query avaal.com/logistics_management.php

But this is in Canada and they also Truck Dispatch Specialist Course and Freight Forwarding Fast Track

vanessa in Wellborn, Texas

11 months ago

-PAUL- in Winnipeg, Manitoba said: Hopefully this answers your query avaal.com/logistics_management.php

Thank you

Jason-W in Columbia, South Carolina

10 months ago

This is my first post but I have been watching this group for some time. My name is Jason Woods and I have been developing software professionally for more than 15 years. One of my clients is a freight broker whom I built a freight management solution for. A few years ago he said I should build something similar but offer it as a service to other brokers. Well after a more than a year of development I have something I think is great, but I need some people to test it. It's designed to help you create and manage loads from start to finish, post to load boards, create quotes, invoices, and report on everything. If anyone is interested I will make it worth your while. Please contact me for information on how you can get free access and become a beta tester at <a href="www.99hauls.com">www.99hauls.com</a>.

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.