I need to what info is needed to become an auto transport BROKER

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (35)

BigRigJockey in West Fargo, North Dakota

64 months ago

Plowlady in Illinois said: Hi, we travel across the US in a 9 car carrier. I want to work from home to become a broker now. The small company we work for uses brokers, but we are interested in owning our own truck soon and this would be my job - brokering. What steps do I need to take, classes, etc to make this happen? We deal with brokers to get the cars now and have those companies info, but would like it if I were the broker intstead and I need to help bring in money - this is a win win situation for us. Any info you have, please email me at macjk1@yahoo.com I would greatly appreciate it!

If you are planning on getting and transporting your own freight, you will not need to be a broker. It is only the collecting of freight from a business and then "selling" that freight to a transporter that requires you to be a broker. Please contact me and I will try and answer soem of your questions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Plowlady in Illinois

64 months ago

Thank you. I need to know if there are any specifics to being an agent, or do I just find the frieght and then find the carrier...etc. I need to know if I can start right away, or are there steps I have to take. Thank you for emailing me, please email me again with this kind of info.

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

tanya rae in Stockton, California

63 months ago

Plowlady in Illinois said: Thank you. I need to know if there are any specifics to being an agent, or do I just find the frieght and then find the carrier...etc. I need to know if I can start right away, or are there steps I have to take. Thank you for emailing me, please email me again with this kind of info.

Thanks

hi, I have the same kind of questions you did. Did you ever find out what it takes to start your auto transport broker business? If so, would you please email me back at tntfinaltouch@yahoo.com. I've been trying to find out something on the puter but haven't gotten anywhere. thanks and have a great day

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Plowlady in Illinois

63 months ago

BigRigJockey in West Fargo, North Dakota said: If you are planning on getting and transporting your own freight, you will not need to be a broker. It is only the collecting of freight from a business and then "selling" that freight to a transporter that requires you to be a broker. Please contact me and I will try and answer soem of your questions.

Hi there, it's a small company we work for and I want to find car frieght to help with the business...to keep us on the road. If you can tell me how to start, what is the cost, etc...I would greatly appreciate it. We are going to eventually buy the truck and do this for ourselves, so I need to start a client base, etc. If there is any training needed, any upfront expenses...I know how to find the frieght, other then that, I don't know how to BE a broker...we have only DEALT with brokers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Plowlady in Illinois

63 months ago

tanya rae in Stockton, California said: hi, I have the same kind of questions you did. Did you ever find out what it takes to start your auto transport broker business? If so, would you please email me back at tntfinaltouch@yahoo.com. I've been trying to find out something on the puter but haven't gotten anywhere. thanks and have a great day

No, nothing yet other then what you see here

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Becky in Taylor, Michigan

62 months ago

To begin with to be a legal broker you have to get your brokers authority. Start with the FMCSA website

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Plowlady in New York

62 months ago

I am still waiting on some help myself

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Plowlady in Glenwood Springs, Colorado

60 months ago

CAROL in Deltona, Florida said: I CAN GET YOU A BROKER LICENSE IN 2 HRS.

Free?? remember, only legitimate work is free to get started. email me your info if this is the case. thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tawana Douglas in Far Rockaway, New York

52 months ago

to whom it may concern
im looking for information on how to become a auto transport broker

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jsid in Raleigh, North Carolina

45 months ago

Rachel in Miami, Florida said: Carol,how can I contact you ? I need a broker license and I don't know where to start?

Thanks

Also need my license HELP

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

tony in Belleville, New Jersey

34 months ago

BigRigJockey in West Fargo, North Dakota said: If you are planning on getting and transporting your own freight, you will not need to be a broker. It is only the collecting of freight from a business and then "selling" that freight to a transporter that requires you to be a broker. Please contact me and I will try and answer soem of your questions.

i have the same questions what is your email

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

New Business Owner in Studio City, California

33 months ago

Hi, Can anyone help me find the following information on being a broker?

Thank you,

What are requirements in starting a business for auto transport broker?

What kind of application is it, what are the costs?

Which location is best CA, MI, NV?

Can you use your own home address?

What are the employee requirements insurance needs for 1-2 trucks vs fleet?

Is it required to have Free standing building for 1-2 trucks?

Parking lot?

What are requirements for businesses building?

Can you have multiple business i.e a towing company operating from same location/address building?

What kinds of insurances are needed?

How long does business license take to approve?

(Online registration is faster. Mailed applications can take 4-6 weeks to process.)

What are the employee requirements?

How many employees needed?

Does Property need to be gated?

What is the cost of application and business license ?

Is this similar to or like a liquor license ?

Can the driving record, or criminal history matter of owner operators?

mandingoloco@gmail.com

Thank you.

Billiepi in Waltham, Massachusetts

33 months ago

jsid in Raleigh, North Carolina said: Also need my license HELP

Was wondering if you ever got your Auto Broker's License? I am doing a search for the same thing...

lynda christian in Hallandale, Florida

32 months ago

@BigRightJockey: From what i've researched, a broker's startup costs are minimal, especially after reading Shaun Buck's article..the biggest obstacle being there are numerous competitors and I believe with good marketing and customer service we can overcome that obstacle.

Getting and transporting your own freight sounds like a bigger animal altogether, at least for a family run business of about 5 employees. Is there a summary of startup costs for getting into this business that you could recommend? Or a website frequented by people in this business that we could gleem more about it?

And of course, any information you could send would be very much appreciated.

Thanking you in advance for your help. We are all very hardworking, sales-oriented people whose goal is making a decent living for our immediate family with a low risk outcome.

lynda Christian

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ariel in Winnetka, California

32 months ago

Plowlady in Glenwood Springs, Colorado said: Free?? remember, only legitimate work is free to get started. email me your info if this is the case. thanks!

Hello im am interested in getting my brokers license how do i go about doing that , please email me details at repoman6970@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Plowlady in Monroe, Michigan

32 months ago

Thank you so much! We were booking our own cars thru my husbands boss's biz...took the load of him persay...we have made plans for our future to do this ourselves and thankfully, by him/we using bossmans' info, he has accomplished that very well. Now we know what to do but please continue to post any info as i know not only us, but others would like the know how/ins and outs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Chuck in Hackensack, New Jersey

31 months ago

If you are finding that you are not getting your question answered go to the fmcsa website and do a search on brokers. I found out that the up front cost is $300 so far. There is a PDF guide that will give you a start www.fmcsa.dot.gov/documents/rulesregs/small-entity-comp-guide-broker-operations-508.pdf.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

FreightBroker1 in Jupiter, Florida

24 months ago

You will also need a $10,000 bond. That amount is supposed to go up to $75000 next year.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Plowlady in New York

24 months ago

Thank you all for all the time and great/helpful information you've provided, it's all greatly appreciated!!!!

Have a MERRY CHRISTMAS and a Happy New Years one and all!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Steven Sharpe in Lees Summit, Missouri

23 months ago

If you are still interested, we would be happy to walk you through all the steps. Please contact us:
Looking for experience auto transport sales people to join our team.

By working with us, you would have access to our "industry best" financial tools, commission rates and carrier payment terms. Additionally, you will have access to our substantial capital/credit availability, which allows you to relax and steadily grow your own agent business. If you have a solid foundation of experience, we want to speak with you. Our agent opportunity is quite unique, and we assume all the operational credit risk, and management regarding any account collections. Your ability to access capital for growing your business is not based on your personal credit either, but on that of the clients that you serve. We offer our standard 5-day quick pay for all carriers, and have 2-day quick pay and Comcheck capabilities when needed. This opportunity is even more beneficial if you have existing client relationships that you could roll into your new business, and continue to service as an independent agent, working together with us. We clearly provide you with all the essential tools that are necessary for operating and continually growing a successful agent business.

Previous experience required. We are a legitimate company with agents working from remote locations throughout the US.
We will consider resumes with previous commissioned sales experience.

www.tf-cfo.com

Aryan Auto Transport in USA

14 months ago

Many people just like you have found brokering to be the way to work from home eliminating the commute and time away from home. In our upcoming program you'll find step by step instructions to setting up your business quickly while avoiding the common mistakes many others have made. This will save you time, money and hours of frustration.

Coming Soon! Fast Start Guide to Starting Your Own Auto Transport Brokerage Business

Get your name on the list now. Coming soon, a comprehensive training course for Auto Transport Brokers

Learn new LEGAL requirements and how to be sure you meet them
Open the doors to your new business in 60 days or less
Taught by 9 year veteran of the Auto Transport Brokerage and Dispatch industry
Print, video, and live interaction with instructor
Fastest way to start your business and avoid common mistakes that could cost you thousands

www.aryantransport.com/how-to-become-an-auto-transport-broker.html

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

ariel in Winnetka, California said: Hello im am interested in getting my brokers license how do i go about doing that , please email me details at repoman6970@gmail.com

Many people just like you have found brokering to be the way to work from home eliminating the commute and time away from home. In our upcoming program you'll find step by step instructions to setting up your business quickly while avoiding the common mistakes many others have made. This will save you time, money and hours of frustration.

Coming Soon! Fast Start Guide to Starting Your Own Auto Transport Brokerage Business

Get your name on the list now. Coming soon, a comprehensive training course for Auto Transport Brokers

Fastest way to start your business and avoid common mistakes that could cost you thousands

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

Tawana Douglas in Far Rockaway, New York said: to whom it may concern
im looking for information on how to become a auto transport broker

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Todd in Flint, Michigan

8 months ago

If anyone is interested my wife I decided to sell our brokerage. I have another business and after having 3 children now at home its too overwhelming for my wife to continue running the business at home with the children. Once our bond is up we plan to close the doors.

A very rewarding business for someone wanting to work from home and earn a great income. The business is highly scalable.

Asking $18,000 and you will receive all of our repeat customers, website, full training, scripts etc. I will have you running the business in no time and I will also stay on for as long as needed for consulting. Please be fully funded before contacting me.

Leave a message here with your email and I will be more than happy to get back with you.

Thanks

Gary Curtis in Everett, Washington

8 months ago

Todd,

I would be interested in purchasing your book of business. Please email me gcurtis@gaclogistics.net

Sincerely,

Gary Curtis
President
GAC Logistics Inc

James Metcalf in Chesterton, Indiana

8 months ago

Todd,

I am very interested in hearing about you brokerage book you have for sale. Please contact me at your earliest convenience to discus. fedfunds@hotmail.com -James

Todd in Flint, Michigan

8 months ago

I have to apologize as I believe what I mentioned was misrepresented in some way. I'm not selling a book, but the complete business. Those repeat customers that I mentioned are not in anyway part of a scheduled booking. Over the last few years we have shipped many repeat customers. Not in any way do I have a book of business to sell. Most of our business is new business sales and orders.

Our business has been set up to provide top of the line customer service and we feel thats very important in this industry and one of the reasons why we do keep and ship many of our customers repeatedly.

If still interested let me know.

James Metcalf in Chesterton, Indiana

8 months ago

Todd,

I would still like you to give me a call or email. I am still interested.

Jim

Todd in Flint, Michigan

8 months ago

James Metcalf in Chesterton, Indiana said: Todd,

I would still like you to give me a call or email. I am still interested.

Jim

Sure Jim, whats a good email or phone number to reach you?

Todd in Flushing, Michigan

8 months ago

Jim, post an email address so I can contact you. Thanks

David H. in West Palm Beach, Florida

8 months ago

Todd, I may be interested in purchasing your business.
Please email me at DavidJohnHine@yahoo.com. And I will give you my phone number.

Thanks

David H. in West Palm Beach, Florida

8 months ago

Todd in Flint, Michigan said: I have to apologize as I believe what I mentioned was misrepresented in some way. I'm not selling a book, but the complete business . Those repeat customers that I mentioned are not in anyway part of a scheduled booking. Over the last few years we have shipped many repeat customers. Not in any way do I have a book of business to sell. Most of our business is new business sales and orders.

Our business has been set up to provide top of the line customer service and we feel thats very important in this industry and one of the reasons why we do keep and ship many of our customers repeatedly.

If still interested let me know.

Todd, I may be interested in purchasing your business.
Please email me at DavidJohnHine@yahoo.com. And I will give you my phone number.

Thanks

Tom in Lansing, Michigan

8 months ago

Todd, I am interested in your brokerage company. You can reach me at tblasen@gmail.com.

Todd in Flushing, Michigan

8 months ago

emails sent.

Todd in Swartz Creek, Michigan

6 months ago

Tom, I emailed you.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.