Any suggestions on what to pay a freight finder???

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (22)

ron in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

76 months ago

BrokersBuddy in Blaine, Washington said: Email me the load info and I will supply you with rates.

brokersbuddy@verizon.net

???? I don't have any load info..I am hiring someone to find freight for me...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

BrokersBuddy in Blaine, Washington

76 months ago

Sorry... Misread your post... What you pay depends on a couple of things.

Are you a trucker looking for someone to basically find you freight and dispatch?
A: I used to do this for O/O for a fixed %. I have also done it for a "Flat Rate" per load. You just have to watch out for the loads they book through brokers. Lower paying, and you still have to pay them for finding it.

Are you a broker looking for an agent?
A: A fixed % per load booked

Hope that helps

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

Thanks..I am a broker looking for someone to find customers for me...I will be the one moving the loads and dealing with the customer...I am just looking for someone to find the customers for me....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

That was the route I was thinking....Thanks....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

steven in Houston, Texas

76 months ago

ron in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma said: ???? I don't have any load info..I am hiring someone to find freight for me...

I know a company that finds the loads and books the loads for 3% of what the load pays and they will usally have loads waiting for you to pick up by the time you get unloaded so there is no dead time. I use them my self for my trucks and it makes my life alot easier and they get me rates depending on the states from 1.40 a mile to over 3 dollars. remember the more they make you is the more they make and that is the way it should be.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No Reply - Report abuse

terri in San Luis Obispo, California

58 months ago

steven in Houston, Texas said: I know a company that finds the loads and books the loads for 3% of what the load pays and they will usally have loads waiting for you to pick up by the time you get unloaded so there is no dead time. I use them my self for my trucks and it makes my life alot easier and they get me rates depending on the states from 1.40 a mile to over 3 dollars. remember the more they make you is the more they make and that is the way it should be.

hi i would like imfo of this company, Im also in need of loads can u email me with info, thank you

mcclellanjodi@gmail.com in Port Clinton, Ohio

57 months ago

Yes, this is new to me but I am wondering if it is NORMAL for Carriers to come back with a rate that is anywhere from 20% to 40% higher than the market rate for those loads? It seems most want more.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

navedfb in Houston, Texas

57 months ago

Hi,

Please advice, I like to be a broker, to find loads & to do other tasks i need a software, which software is best out there?
i see like 123loadboard, getloaded, load pilot, optimized transportation software (OTSI-optivity Suite), the internet software (ITS Dispatch) etc...any one have any idea from above or beside above where from who can i get full pkg & best thx

MarkMc in San Mateo, California

53 months ago

almianc in North Hollywood, California said: we would love to speak with you. contact me at billw@allainceairfreight.com.

thankyou

Hi Bill, your email address got kicked back to me... is it correct?

Get back to me.

Mark

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Sal Bal in Staten Island, New York

53 months ago

Looking to become a freight broker / agent. I am located in the Staten Island NY. I also own my own sprinter cargo van. Can anyone please lead me or direct me in the right direction on this new endeavor of mine? Your help is greatly appreciated

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

suufi in Annandale, Virginia

47 months ago

steven in Houston, Texas said: I know a company that finds the loads and books the loads for 3% of what the load pays and they will usally have loads waiting for you to pick up by the time you get unloaded so there is no dead time. I use them my self for my trucks and it makes my life alot easier and they get me rates depending on the states from 1.40 a mile to over 3 dollars. remember the more they make you is the more they make and that is the way it should be.

i am a new broker and i am having a hard time to find customer. can you tell me the company you use to find customers? thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

millie & jesus in Saint Cloud, Florida

47 months ago

Can You send me info on this company

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ANGELLLLLL in Chino, California

46 months ago

HEY I WANT TO GET A CAREER AS A FREIGHT BROKER HOW DO I DO IT >>>PLEASE TELL ME

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Angelllllllllll in Chino, California

46 months ago

thanks alot . whats better independent broker or in a company??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Clarence in Richmond, Virginia

46 months ago

mcclellanjodi@gmail.com in Port Clinton, Ohio said: Yes, this is new to me but I am wondering if it is NORMAL for Carriers to come back with a rate that is anywhere from 20% to 40% higher than the market rate for those loads? It seems most want more.

As an industry professional working in a dispatcher position; yes, we always want more. We want to be able to pay the drivers and cover the overhead. At the end of the day, a trucking company only makes about .01 - .05 per mile on loads.

nikita8554 in Kyle, Texas

43 months ago

BrokersBuddy in Blaine, Washington said: Hire an agent for a fixed % per load moved from each customer they find for you.

Hi, I would really like to talk to you about me situation, I am not sure if I should try to become a broker or not. I would really love to ask you about it since I really have no idea what the best way for me would be. I would really appreciate if you could spare a few minutes and talk to me on the phone. Please le me know and I will send you my #. Thanks

nikita8554 in Kyle, Texas

43 months ago

I would like to talk to a freight broker about wether or not it would be beneficial for me to become a broker.I have no idea about the industry. My husband has a CDL and drives a truck for a small company. His boss said I should become a broker and he would have me find the loads for him. How do I get started, what do I do? Please help

angel in Chino, California

43 months ago

good question.......

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Lina in Okeechobee, Florida

23 months ago

I would like to know which company are you taking about, My Father has a CDL and drives a truck for a small company. I want to buy a truck would have me find the loads for him. How do I get started, what do I do?

SPRINTER OPERATOR in Milton, Pennsylvania

13 months ago

PLEACS SOMEONE EMAIL TO ME THAT COMPANY CONTACT INFORMATION..

SPRINTER OPERATOR in Milton, Pennsylvania

13 months ago

HELLO EVERYONE! I AM LOOKING FOR BEST COMPANY'S WITH GOOD LOAD PAY FOR SPRINTER VAN. PLEASE HELP ME OUT :) AND WHAT IS THE BEST ? BE PAYED PER MILE OR?

rondonzc in Pflugerville, Texas

9 months ago

Hi I am starting my new brokerage business. I would like to get companies´s name which find for me loads and books with good pay

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.