What are typical freight agent broker salaries?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 880)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

Manny in Tampa, Florida

77 months ago

I have absolutley NO freight brokerage experience! I did some supply/warehouse work in the marines but aside from that, nothing. I also developed great work ethic and discipline from the marines. I just recently graduated from college and would love to break into the freight business. If anyone would be willing to take on a rookie please email me. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

DONT WORK FOR WERNER in Chattanooga, Tennessee

76 months ago

Bill Loza in Rancho Santa Fe, California said: Thanks, how can I contact you?

werner is the sorryest trucking co out there they use you and then when you quiet them thet put you on the dac list then you can work for none of the good trucking co in the good u.s.a.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mike in Paola, Kansas

76 months ago

DONT WORK FOR WERNER in Chattanooga, Tennessee said: werner is the sorryest trucking co out there they use you and then when you quiet them thet put you on the dac list then you can work for none of the good trucking co in the good u.s.a.

Duh, English and grammer, I can not get it all the time but I enough pride to try spell check when available or I will not write it.

Mike in Paola, Kansas

76 months ago

Also, I read the same stuff on road side rest stops and truckstop bathrooms to give your statments creditability, keep up the good work letting us know the best trucklines

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

jon in Keller, Texas

76 months ago

Host said: Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

I'm an independent agent and do a split and still make over $100 working from home. I WORK 10-12 hours a day digging for loads!!

warhawk79 in Indianapolis, Indiana

76 months ago

jon in Keller, Texas said: I'm an independent agent and do a split and still make over $100 working from home. I WORK 10-12 hours a day digging for loads!!

Are their any good companies for someone wanting to get into the biz, but lacking exp? I worked on the logistics side for 20years. I want to work from home

GTI Sales in New York, New York

76 months ago

How is everyone doing today.......TGIF

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

warhawk79 in Indianapolis, Indiana

76 months ago

jon in Keller, Texas said: you can give me a call over the weekend if you would like a little insight into it. I was a forwarder for 23 years and started doing brokerage only 6 months ago and I'm doing great!! I'm jzlogisticsllc.com call me at 940 367 2191

Jon

Jon e-mail me at fathead1915@yahoo.com and we can set up a time when i can call. Are you doing your own brokerage or are you wroking as an agent?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

GTI Sales in New York, New York

76 months ago

jon in Keller, Texas said: I'm an independent agent and do a split and still make over $100 working from home. I WORK 10-12 hours a day digging for loads!!

Check out our profile and give me a call anytime, Let's see what and how we can help eachother

Felicia in Ruston, Louisiana

76 months ago

jacob_w-logisticdynamics in Buffalo, New York said: there is always some looking for a dispatcher or check caller very entry level if you get a job doing that it pays little usually but if you prove you are detailed orientated and will learn they will move you up to a operations person then ops manager then full broker then from there you can run your broker or agency and make more money then you can count. THAT IS JUST MY ADVICE.

How can I find these companies?

hardworkertampa in Tampa, Florida

75 months ago

Hi im new to this business and would like further information about becoming an agent. i am currently driving trucks myself and know several other truckers in the business. if possible i would like some hands on training or just some good guidence on how to get into and become successful.

Megan in Fayetteville, Arkansas

74 months ago

Jacob w/Logistic Dynamics in Buffalo, New York said: I agree somewhat with every one here. I hire and recruit freight broker/agents and currently out of 11 broker agents we have 2 making 20-30 thousand each month 7 doing 4-8 thousand a month and 2 doing 500-2 thousand the difference between them is - DRIVE - ABILITY TO TALK TO SHIPPERS - CONTACTS IN THE INDUSTRY - TAKING ONLY GOOD FREIGHT - too many brokers should change their name to jokers because the spend most of their time covering bad loads ex- low margin, too many pics or drops, high claim customers, and so forth. Find a niche in the industry become an expert in a feild of generalist and you will have a deep customer book not dependant on any one customer. 50k + if a decent broker 100k+ if a great broker

Jacob, I am interested in becoming a broker, any suggestions?

Megan in Fayetteville, Arkansas

74 months ago

What is the url?

- Indeed Host in Austin, Texas

74 months ago

While this is a great place to discuss the Freight Agent Broker profession with other Indeed users, we do not allow the posting of unsolicited commercial communications or opportunities for employment on the forums. In accordance with our policies, any advertising, contact info or employment offers posted on these forums will be removed. If you'd like to post your jobs on Indeed, please contact us at Sales@indeed.com for more information.

Exodus Logistics in College Park, Maryland

74 months ago

[QgUOTE who="Bill Loza in Rancho Santa Fe, California"]I recently became a Transportation Broker, and I am looking to hire some established agents. What would be the best way to go about this?

Jon in Keller, Texas

74 months ago

Exodus Logistics in College Park, Maryland said: [QgUOTE who="Bill Loza in Rancho Santa Fe, California"]I recently became a Transportation Broker, and I am looking to hire some established agents. What would be the best way to go about this?

Are you a broker or an agent that is looking for sub agents? If you were an experienced broker you probably would not have to ask this question (not being rude).

Jon in Keller, Texas

74 months ago

Marty GTI NY in New York / New Jersey, New York said: I would think he is a BROKER, He did say he just recently became a TRANSPORTATION BROKER.

If he is an AGENT, I would think he would have said TRANSPORTATION AGENT.

Hopefully he does know the difference or he really is in trouble.

Yeah I wasn't trying to be rude or anything either. I've been doing this for over 20 years and I allot of comments like these. I love helping people too so that is why I was trying to figure out if he' an agent or a broker. lots of people think they are brokers when in fact they are agents

TSutton in Las Vegas, Nevada

73 months ago

Scott in Hartsburg, Illinois said: Contact Me, please view my profile. We offer the best split in the industry and the most support. We are a financially sound company that provides all major carrier payment options, direct deposit, fuel advance to the carrier, huge clientele base, and many benefits to you the agent. With our brokerage name, reputation, credit rating and contacts, you will build a strong book in no time.

How do I view your profile to get this information about your company ?

Drake Sliver in Irving, Texas

73 months ago

BigMACK in Cornelius, North Carolina said: I have a list of companies that pay between 60/40 and 75/25. The higher end being the brokers commission.

I have heard about some brokers making between 20 and 40k per year and I have also heard of brokers making over 100k per year. These are independent brokers that do not rev share with any firm. They just contract themselves to a major trucking company and earn a percentage of every load they cover with a carrier.

please email me companies that pay 60/40 and 75/25 drake_sliver@yahoo.com

Sydney Adams in Shreveport, Louisiana

73 months ago

Right training and mentoring is great but if you don't have the drive to make it, it won't matter, how will you know this business. Your mentor can guide you but you have to put in the work, period. Always remember that! Everyones definition of success is diferent, strive for yours not someones else.
God bless

Scott in Peru, Illinois said: Most freight agents the first year out are going to make 35-40K per year. There however a number of agents who move many types of freight i.e. Heavy Haul etc that will eclipse 200k per year. A lot of agents out there cannot believe it as I talk to them daily and see the grosses and poor revenues they make. It is a rough business to get into unless you have the right training and mentoring you will starve.

Todd in Catonsville, Maryland

73 months ago

I have years of experience in Transportation as a dispatcher and accounts manager. Looking to get into brokering my own freight independently. Any suggestions on software in the start up phase to find loads?

pepetrueno91 in Leesburg, Virginia

73 months ago

hi Hugo(Florida) :
I would like to contact with u ... iam livivng in virginia...adn i had before my own company trucking i would like to star as broker agent if its possible to work with u.
thank u tell me how can i reach u.
regards
julio

Todd in Catonsville, Maryland

73 months ago

I have not gotten my brokers license yet, but when I get them I would be open to a possible broker/agent venture. Are you currently active in trucking?

exoduslogistics in College Park, Maryland

73 months ago

hi you may contact me at exlogistics@gmail.com .Thank you

Bussell in Pt wentworth, Georgia

73 months ago

Just Looking For Local freight

Ed Peterson in Venetia, Pennsylvania

73 months ago

Todd in Catonsville, Maryland said: I have years of experience in Transportation as a dispatcher and accounts manager. Looking to get into brokering my own freight independently. Any suggestions on software in the start up phase to find loads?

Todd, if you really have the experience you cited, dispatcher & account manager, you probably have all that you will need to succeed as a freight broker. We'd be happy to discuss that with you, as we host a number of brokers working remote, either from their own home or office. ed.peterson@gtwli.com reply if interested.

Felicia Houston in Eros, Louisiana

72 months ago

can you send more information

ash1505 in Commerce, Georgia

72 months ago

I have about 2 years of experience in the trucking/logistics industry. I have worked both on the trucking and brokering side. I am currently working for a trucking company, but am interested in becoming an agent. I have a small customer following. I am very motivated and know that I am a good broker, I just don't know much about being an agent. I would like to know what percentage I should expect to get paid, and I would like to know what to expect. I saw someone talking about getting their "license". What is that about? I didn't have to have any kind of broker "license" when I worked for the brokerage I used to work for.

Stephens Transportation in Cathedral City, California

72 months ago

A broker makes what hes worth.
We have brokers that make over 300K/yr and some that make 40K
Its all about what kind of customers you work with ,negotiation skills and experience.
If you make under 40K a year...you probably arent cut out for the business.

Sales Agent in Tulsa, Oklahoma

72 months ago

Stephens Transportation in Cathedral City, California said: A broker makes what hes worth.
We have brokers that make over 300K/yr and some that make 40K
Its all about what kind of customers you work with ,negotiation skills and experience.
If you make under 40K a year...you probably arent cut out for the business.

I don't think that was a fair statement "If you make under 40K a year..you probably aren't cut out for the business....

It is all about how hard the broker wants to work, they make what they want to make in this business.. Someone just starting out in this business is not going to make 40K in the first year unless they get really lucky and have the right customer fall in their laps.

Sydney Adams in Shreveport, Louisiana

72 months ago

I agree

saipeople in kingwood, Texas

72 months ago

eager and capable in Spring Hill, Kansas

72 months ago

saipeople in kingwood, Texas said: It is around 24K$.Check here - www.indeed.com/salary?q1=freight+agent+broker+&l1=CA

Saipeople
www.saipeople.com

I would assume that in this feild as in any other that hard work and learning to work smarter would be the main part of any formula for succsess and increasing the odds of luck. Are there companies that pay a base then to comission when production increases or have other funtions such as dispatching along with forwarding until you base of shipper's grow. I,personally, can not go for months with out income. I could get by on a low income and with the motavation of increasing it with production. Hard work, work smarter, should production and luck increase then more money?

72 months ago

My comment was reffering to an experienced broker, I have no idea what a person coming into the business fresh would make as I only work with people who have brokered freight for at the very least 2 years.

72 months ago

saipeople in kingwood, Texas said: It is around 24K$.Check here - www.indeed.com/salary?q1=freight+agent+broker+&l1=CA

Saipeople
www.saipeople.com

When you look at that keep in mind that is what a company would pay a salaried employee not a commission basis. Commission basis depends on what the person works for.

72 months ago

eager and capable in Spring Hill, Kansas said: I would assume that in this feild as in any other that hard work and learning to work smarter would be the main part of any formula for succsess and increasing the odds of luck. Are there companies that pay a base then to comission when production increases or have other funtions such as dispatching along with forwarding until you base of shipper's grow. I,personally, can not go for months with out income. I could get by on a low income and with the motavation of increasing it with production. Hard work, work smarter, should production and luck increase then more money?

I would suggest going to work in a brokers office and work for a salary plus a commission basis if you need an income when you start. When you start from scratch at home it can take months to get your business going. Back 10 years ago it took me 6 weeks to get my first paycheck which was less than $20 so you need to have something to fall back on while starting this business.

jon in Keller, Texas

72 months ago

Sales Agent in Tulsa, Oklahoma said: I would suggest going to work in a brokers office and work for a salary plus a commission basis if you need an income when you start. When you start from scratch at home it can take months to get your business going. Back 10 years ago it took me 6 weeks to get my first paycheck which was less than $20 so you need to have something to fall back on while starting this business.

yes this is the way to do it if you don;t have a client base. I had a base and it still took me 4 weeks to geta check and that was only 1800.00 currently I do over $150k annually but it takes time to build and I already had plenty of experience.

Gale in Hays, Kansas

72 months ago

I have a very extensive background in the trucking industry. I have done everything from safety to dispatching. I am a Certified Director of Safety, and I was a DOT auditor so I am CVSA Certified. Now I work for a company and would like information about any good freight broker training schools that are out there.

72 months ago

Agreed , I worked for 9 years in a corporate brokerage before going out on my own.

Gale in Hays, Kansas

72 months ago

Stephens Transportation in Cathedral City, California said: Agreed , I worked for 9 years in a corporate brokerage before going out on my own.

I have worked many years and the change in my company structure is what has made me interested in becoming a broker. I think it would give my company more buying power and the capablity to keep our own trucks loaded. We have everything from livestock hoppers reefers flatbeds to end dumps. The livestock holds it own as that is the majority of our hauling, flats would do better if I could say yes I will cover 10 loads for you.

72 months ago

I find it ammusing that there are actually schools for freight brokering.
I have found the only thing that can make you a good broker is experience.
There really is no substitute.
Its one of those things you have to start from the bottom and work your way up, learning logistics as a whole a long the way.

Gale in Hays, Kansas

72 months ago

I understand that and I agree that experience is best, but I have learned from all the different seminars I have sat through that the networking is what you really learn from. I was wondering if the same holds true for brokering. I have also read that at some of the schools they will give out some contacts. If anyone has attended a seminar that is worth attending I would love to have the information.

willing and able in Paola, Kansas

72 months ago

Can anyone guide me to a brokerage or carrier that will pay salary until growth starts. I have sales background (award winng) and am very goal orintated (obtainable) and have a passion for money. I have been self employed for over 20 years and have used up proceeds from sale of biz, time to move on. If other duties are required, safety, dispatch, operations, driving, and or gardening until customer base grows please contact me at mike_peace65@yahoo.com

72 months ago

If you have a proven sales record in good standing ,We do pay a salary until you are up on your feet with your clients.

Gale in Hays, Kansas

72 months ago

Is there any good training out there??? Or is it just the school of hard knocks.

Teelee77 in lake Charles, Louisiana

72 months ago

this is the hardest thing I have tried I have been at it 4 months and just now starting to see result but experience and talking to experienced people are the only way to succeed I don't know how it is once you have a client base but the truth is with no experience and no client base you are at it allllll day long and researching allllll night long before you get your first steady customer it is not a cake walk just because you work at home

Gale in Hays, Kansas

72 months ago

Did you go to any training??

Teelee77 in lake Charles, Louisiana

72 months ago

no I had no training at all only talked to experienced people and researched a lot on the computer everyone that says they will talk to you talk to them and learn from everyone that is how I had to do it

Gale in Hays, Kansas

72 months ago

I have worked in the industry for 15 years and I have some contacts. I was just hoping to find a training to meet people that you could network with to get new ideas.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Felicia Houston in Eros, Louisiana

72 months ago

how did you establish your customer

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.