Show me the money...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

What are typical bookkeeper salaries? Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Reply - Report abuse

Sue Timberlake in Chicago, Illinois

72 months ago

Host said: What are typical bookkeeper salaries? Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

You want to learn as many skills as possible, a full-charge bookkeeper will make more than just a bookkeeper. I don't know where you live but in the Louisville, KY area you can make up to $43,000 a year as a full-charge bookkeeper. My speciality is property accounting I have over 20 yrs experience, the last job I had as a property accountant I was able to name what I wanted as far as salary because of my experience in a particular field.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

sherry in Platteville, Wisconsin

59 months ago

Hi Sue,

I have been searching for online bookkeeping courses for a few months now. I keep coming back to gatlineducation.com I see you have a lot of experience, and was wondering if you could check out their website for the bookkeeping course and see what you think. Do they provide enough courses for me to obtain employment after finishing the program, etc. Thanks for your time. Looking forward to hearing what you think.

safink

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sherry in Mitchell, Indiana

59 months ago

Hi Sherry,
I just looked at the cite it seems to cover everything you will
need what is doing is preparing you for the AIPB tests, like getting
prepared for the SAT's.

Good Luck with your certification.

Sue

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.