Top general ledger accountant skills needed to get the job.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

What are the top 3 traits or skills every general ledger accountant must have to excel?

Can you suggest any tips or insights to develop your general ledger accountant expertise?

Reply - Report abuse

Josh in Novato, California

77 months ago

Host said: What are the top 3 traits or skills every general ledger accountant must have to excel?

Can you suggest any tips or insights to develop your general ledger accountant expertise?

If you are an Accountant taking GL that meant you know accounting like looking at the palm of your hand. Final report is done fron General ledger. So there is no specific tip or insights without getting to know what accounting is all about in theory and in practical. Any Mistake in Sub ledger the GL accountant would be the 1st and last line of defence to correct the mistake. I was a GL accountant or 4 years and I experienced the reality of being a GL accountant.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

okeeffer in Diemen, Netherlands

17 months ago

Josh in Novato, California said: If you are an Accountant taking GL that meant you know accounting like looking at the palm of your hand. Final report is done fron General ledger. So there is no specific tip or insights without getting to know what accounting is all about in theory and in practical. Any Mistake in Sub ledger the GL accountant would be the 1st and last line of defence to correct the mistake. I was a GL accountant or 4 years and I experienced the reality of being a GL accountant.

I would have thought the internal or external auditors are the last line of defence.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.