What do you enjoy most about your general ledger accountant career?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Host

What do you enjoy most about being a general ledger accountant? What do you dislike the most? Is it challenging? Are there many opportunities to learn and advance?

What keeps you at your job?

Reply - Report abuse

skmendevor@*****.*** in Novato, California

100 months ago

Host said: What do you enjoy most about being a general ledger accountant? What do you dislike the most? Is it challenging? Are there many opportunities to learn and advance?

What keeps you at your job?

What i enjoy most is having to reconcile the Gl which includes trying to figure out the nature of the problem inorder to fix it once and for all. What i dislike most is subordinates making same mistake again and again. Opportunities depend on nature of business or company you worf for. If it's a holding company the GL role is more challenging than work in a one company. In holding company you have to present final result as if the company was only one economic entity so you have to do some elimination entries for inter company balances. my experience is an overseas one, i don't know about america, Do they teach different accounting principles in their universities?

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.