Starting out...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

How did you get your start doing general manager work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

Do you need a particular educational background?

Reply - Report abuse

Betty Torres in Roscoe, Texas

96 months ago

I am currently working at McDonald's but I worked for Dairy Queen for approx. 41/2 to 6 years at the most and i dearly loved it. I know all the ropes that has to be done, and i know a little of the paper work that has to be done as well. I would like to be Manager for once that way it will show people in Albany,Texas that there is a brighter person than a dull one. I will be more than happy to move.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

bo825 in Bullhead City, Arizona

96 months ago

Betty, you seem to have years of experience with some knowledge of the paperwork . This is a plus for you. I would make or have made a RESUME of every aspect of the Restaurant business , that you have knowledge of. Be it eqipment, or Registers, to P&L. Then I would go to Monster, hCareers, cte. You say you are willing to relocate, this is a plus. It sounds like you have been at least a Shift Manager in the field for a few years. Your next step might be to become a Co-Assist Manager. Perhaps a Manager in Training. GOOD LUCK!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.