Top office assistant skills needed to get the job.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

What are the top 3 traits or skills every office assistant must have to excel?

Can you suggest any tips or insights to develop your office assistant expertise?

Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Stover, Missouri

85 months ago

What skills should I already have regarding office work?
What do basic office skills consist of?
Do I need to know everything about the computer?
What is the minimum typing speed for office work?
Can I learn as I go?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Ottawa, Illinois

12 months ago

Multi-tasking, professionalism, detail-orientated.

Should be able to use Microsoft Office software (particularly Excel and Word). You don't have to be an expert at it, but at least know how to input text and format stuff. Typing should be at least 36 WPM, but better if you can "fast-type" (be able to type without looking at the computer). Look online for free typing tests and you can find out how fast you type and put that on your resume. You can keep retaking the tests, try for the longer ones, to practice and increase your speed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

djordan099@aol.com in Jacksonville, Florida

11 months ago

anonymous in Ottawa, Illinois said: Multi-tasking, professionalism, detail-orientated.

Should be able to use Microsoft Office software (particularly Excel and Word). You don't have to be an expert at it, but at least know how to input text and format stuff. Typing should be at least 36 WPM, but better if you can "fast-type" (be able to type without looking at the computer ). Look online for free typing tests and you can find out how fast you type and put that on your resume. You can keep retaking the tests, try for the longer ones, to practice and increase your speed.

I don't know if this will help, I found this website...absolutely FREE, you can take courses to help you with Microsoft Office programs..i.e. Word, Acess, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint. I will be starting to take the Excel, and probably go into the others, just to refresh my skills.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.