CAN GRANTS BE PAID WITH GRANT MONEY?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (201 to 239 of 239)
Page:  « First « Previous   2  3  4  5   

Innbetween in Boulder, Colorado

47 months ago

yuck on the BF ,that's even worse then Phyllis,birds of a feather stick together, I would like to show up for sentencing ,do you know where it will be held?It would be nice to put our two cents in.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jamie in Denver, Colorado

47 months ago

Absolutely the more the better Adams county Court in Brighton 8:30 am report to the Victims Advocates room, you'll have to ask. They want as many victims as possible, sounds like she's plea bargaining. The Judge will need to hear from the people she screwed. She's trying to claim she was a victim and got screwed by National Grant Writers Association which I know for a fact is a total lie and can prove it

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jamie in Denver, Colorado

47 months ago

You bet 3/17/11 at 8:30 report to the Victims Advocates office, you'll have to ask where.She's trying to plea out using the excuse she was had by the NGWA which is a total lie and I can prove it. The Judge will need to hear from as many as possible before sentencing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

innbetween in Boulder, Colorado

47 months ago

In about two weeks jujubee will be in prison, she will find out how brutal prison life is in a Colorado prison.A year from now she will have no teeth left and she will be the property of someone else , she will be worth less then a toothbrush , have fun jujubee, should have thought this one out.

mary@gilliam.com in Castle Rock, Colorado

47 months ago

Sounds shockingly hateful. Try Jesus, mercy and forgiveness.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Innbetween in Boulder, Colorado

47 months ago

No hate involved ,just observation and the natural consequence of an action.

47 months ago

Still recommend try Jesus.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

hiedi in denver in Arvada, Colorado

47 months ago

Jesus tried to help but she didn't answer the door!

47 months ago

How would you know that? Have you opened the door to Jesus yourself?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

47 months ago

Yes I have Mary....we all suspect your name is phyllis, good luck Mary or Phyllis.

InnBetween in Boulder, Colorado

47 months ago

I think the much better and certainly more appropriate question is what business is it of yours .We live in a country of laws and choice ,PW chose to to break those very laws ,it was her choice ,what happens next is a direct effect of that choice, your braying to Heidi only makes you look foolish.

InnBetween in Boulder, Colorado

46 months ago

So what happened to PW and the court date?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Alex in Forrest City, Arkansas

46 months ago

K in Gresham, Oregon said: No, this is not an acceptable way to compensate a grant writer for several reasons. The most important being that funders want to pay for furthering the mission of your org, not paying a consultant. Also, the grant writer puts in a lot of work to complete the grant proposal, not paying them for this work is not acceptable. This practice is considered to be unethical by both grant writers and funders and could hurt your org's credibility.

I see that the grant writer wants to get the pay upfront and then set back and not get the grant for the pusiness, and but say they tryed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jamie in Aurora, Colorado

46 months ago

She has until 5/22 to pay restition if not goes to trial in July.

46 months ago

Alex that is why this person has been prosecuted because she said she was getting people grants and took thier money and didn't get the grants...so that is what makes hiring a grant writer with money up front a bad thing. All of these people on here saying it is unethical to take the money from a grant and wanting money up front saying they have gotten people alot of money...well this lady said the same thing. So becareful!

46 months ago

Anne in Denver, Colorado said: I see ads for people looking to compensate grant writers only if they "win" the grant. This is so unethical and sleazy I can't even believe someone would try to use someone in this way! Who would want to put a bunch of work into something for the possiblity of earning money?! Use some common sense!

Who wants to pay someone who cannot get the grant. (NO ONE.)

46 months ago

Who want to pay grant writers money up front that cannot get the grant for them (NO ONE.)

I would never pay a grant writer money up front, and hope no one
will.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

J Greene, MBA in Newburgh, New York

46 months ago

Hi,
I am a MBA and a grant writer who has worked for over 20 years writing grants and I find these stories appalling!! There are too many unethical people and companies out there. However to reiterate:
1. Illegal and unethical to pay a grant writer out of grant funds. However, you can pay from discretionary funds
2. Most grants require you to be a 501c 3 organization
3. No legitimate grant writer will write a grant and expect payment if the grant is funded? Why? Grant writing is intellectual property and a grant writer has done the work regardless if you receive the grant or not and this is the reason why grant writers usually limit how many clients they will write. a good grant writer is all about the quality of the work.
Good luck out there and i am open to any questions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

Well then if they don't get a grant then you all should refund the money. It is to easy for all of you so called grant writers to set up shop and take everyones money without them getting anything in return. How simple is that? That is just like going to a car dealership and signing for a loan and paying it every month and not having a car to show for the loan. Why do you guys think it is so unethical to not take it from the grant it is unethical to take money from someone saying they are getting a grant and not getting them one. I am sick of hearing that excuse!

J Greene, MBA in Newburgh, New York

46 months ago

In response to the statement if the grant is not funded money should be returned, How can you do that? The grant writer has completed the grant he or she can not guarantee it will be accepted and/or funded. However, the grant writer should be showing you the full actual grant as it is being written, so that you can ascertain the quality of the work, before submission. Furthermore, it is beyond unethical to pay a grantwriter from the grant, it is illegal-- the very language of the grant prohibits this process.
If you were to ask me my solution. I do the following:
I share my grant writing samples before I am hired, so that you can see the quality of my writing, I maintain funding statistics, and since I only write for non profits, I give plenty of references and since who receives public funding is public information, so you can confirm an organization received funding from a non- bias source.

Brad in Clearwater, Florida

46 months ago

You are not hiring a grant writer to 'get' you the grant money, you are hiring them to write the grant. Think of it from another perspective. If you hired a resume writer they can't get you the job. What they can do is write your resume in a manner that ensures your resume won't get tossed out immediately because it has errors is poorly written, etc. It is your qualifications, experience, and skills that get you the job. A professional grant writer ensures that your application appropriately expresses how your org. meets the criterea for the grant and how they will achieve and measure that mission. Applying for a grant, in a sense, is like applying for a job. Lots of people apply, only a few are considered and eventually only one gets the golden egg. And there are endless variables that factor into who/what is the winner. So, back to the resume writer... They would never perform their service for you if payment hinged on you getting the job. You are paying for their service to write a document, not for the end results. And like everything else, you get what you pay for. So if you don't want to spend the money on a good one, write it yourself and hope for the best. My advice, call some of the local NFP's that are highly successful and find out who writes their grants bite the bullet, and hire that person.

Debra_66 in Memphis, Tennessee

44 months ago

Sir
How do you apply for the so call grant money for students and does it require wtiting anything other than the useage for the grant.

J Greene, MBA in Newburgh, New York said: Hi,
I am a MBA and a grant writer who has worked for over 20 years writing grants and I find these stories appalling!! There are too many unethical people and companies out there. However to reiterate:
1. Illegal and unethical to pay a grant writer out of grant funds. However, you can pay from discretionary funds
2. Most grants require you to be a 501c 3 organization
3. No legitimate grant writer will write a grant and expect payment if the grant is funded? Why? Grant writing is intellectual property and a grant writer has done the work regardless if you receive the grant or not and this is the reason why grant writers usually limit how many clients they will write. a good grant writer is all about the quality of the work.
Good luck out there and i am open to any questions.

socialwkr in Missouri

44 months ago

hiedi in denver in Arvada, Colorado said: Well then if they don't get a grant then you all should refund the money. It is to easy for all of you so called grant writers to set up shop and take everyones money without them getting anything in return. How simple is that? That is just like going to a car dealership and signing for a loan and paying it every month and not having a car to show for the loan. Why do you guys think it is so unethical to not take it from the grant it is unethical to take money from someone saying they are getting a grant and not getting them one. I am sick of hearing that excuse!

It takes time to write grants. One does a lot of research and putting together a professional grant is "work". Most people know that just because a grant is submitted does not mean you will get the grant. A lot of people may have applied for that same grant. Grant writers are getting paid to produce the product, which is the grant.

If you pay someone to write your resume, they are not saying you will get the job. The product is the resume. The product for a grant, is the information needed to submit for the grant.

I have written grants before for an agency where I was employed. I know no one who would take that much time and work to do a grant for free.........don't pay me unless you get the grant?!?

Grant writers are paid for their time in preparing and producing the grant to be submitted to the organization/entity you are seeking a grant from.

You are not paying the grant writer to get the grant. Grant writers are not on the decision end of who gets the grant. It is the entity you are submitting the grant to who determines who will be a recipient. Often some of these groups contain board members and the screening process gets pretty competitive. Most people who work with grants know this.

JGreene in Newburgh, New York

44 months ago

Hello,
Actually most grants do not fund individuals. I believe you are inquiring more about " scholarships" than grants as grants are usually for non profits with 501 c3 status.

38 months ago

so your a grant writer? You can't even spell correctly , no one on this board believes your anything but a scammer

38 months ago

SBJ said: has anyone heard of the National Grant Writers Association. My wife hired a grant writer,United Grant Solutions and was told she was awarded a large grant, but due to the Dept. of Homelanf Security the funding is tied up. They have not asked for additional monies,so far.We are assuming they will at some point.

BTW the CEO of United Grant Solutions, went to jail here in Colorado for cheating people. She has to pay restitution and spend six years of intensive probation. So to all, CHECK THEM OUT before passing any money over. She was hiring people to act as Grant Reps. and holding meetings so to validate her BS.Never paid the actors either. MOST ARE SCAMS!!!!!! Get it I'm the one that busted the B

38 months ago

SBJ said: has anyone heard of the National Grant Writers Association. My wife hired a grant writer,United Grant Solutions and was told she was awarded a large grant, but due to the Dept. of Homelanf Security the funding is tied up. They have not asked for additional monies,so far.We are assuming they will at some point.

BTW the CEO of United Grant Solutions, went to jail here in Colorado for cheating people. She has to pay restitution and spend six years of intensive probation. So to all, CHECK THEM OUT before passing any money over. She was hiring people to act as Grant Reps.
BEWARE CHECK THEM OUT most are SCAMS I'm the one who busted the B@$%*H

38 months ago

Jamie ,you rock ! You are what we are talking about when we say a true American and a person who does things for the good of the people at cost to themselves if I could take a bow to you online I would ,your a good girl and I'll bet you Heidi and Kristen have very proud parents .I don't know what else to say because hopefully you already know your something special and if not ,trust me ,your something special ,meant in the best possible way.

38 months ago

Thanks, but I'm a Dude. I hate frauds and liars, I respect integrity. There are so many Scammers out there preying on good people trying to do good for community. I have no problem playing them and then exposing the F23456s

38 months ago

Jamie is my brother who passed away three years ago. My dad got scammed for hundreds of thousands, Thank God it didn't break him. The guy that scammed him wound up shot and floating in a canal in Ft. Lauderdale. Tried to scam the wrong person I guess. Ya gotta love Kharma

38 months ago

Sorry about the miscommunication regarding gender , but I still think your parents are proud of you no matter what.Our system of justice wouldn't work without good people willing to stand up for what is right .

Larry in Arvada, Colorado

38 months ago

I thought there were a few people that helped.

38 months ago

Not at first, I was getting emails to knock it off or I'd ruin it for everyone. Finally a brave soul came forward and said she had been hired to pose as a Foundation Rep. Then it hit the fan

38 months ago

Thank you, they brought me up to be honest,and a contributing person to community

pms in Charlotte, North Carolina

38 months ago

I am a successful grant writer. What I find in trying to write grants for businesses and non profits, they seem to want me to write the grant with little or no compensation....and if the grant is approved...then they want to pay me....but what happens if the grant is not approved. All that hard work is waisted....my frustration is that most people don't understand the reasoning for grant funding....they really think it's 100% free and guarenteed! As much as I explain the procecess to them, they still want me to take on 100% of their RISK, with all their eggs on grant approval....

Denise in Bremerton, Washington

33 months ago

Linda in Scottsville, Virginia said: Ok Eve, What is your status now? Have you gotten any money yet from National Grant Writing Authority?

Beware, 99% of grant funds go to a 501c3, a Tribe, or a City, or local government! NOT to individuals. Anyone promising you such is probably a scam artist. Do not pay them one red cent!

Peggie Simpson in Charlotte, North Carolina

30 months ago

You can pay the grant writer from the proceeds of the grant but as a grant writer, I think that is unethical. What I do is charge a flat fee, and if the grant is approved, then ask for a percentage of the grant. I do that because it's a lot of time and energy to write a grant and grant writer need to be compensated for their time. Hope this helps. And keep in mind that there are a lot of scam grant writers, but there are plenty of honest ones too, who want to get paid fairly for their time....like me.

Blessings

tosh382 in Santa Clara, California

19 months ago

Rsanger 66 in Newnan, Georgia said: Is there a databasse to look up so called grant writers? A guy gave me some "documents" with his "ID" number on them I haven't paid for them yet but I want to verify before I part with my cash.

Go to Elance.com and join and look for people to write grants in the grants category. I have been a member on elance since 2002 and have spent over 150k in hiring people. CBM

Laura in Lancaster, California

17 months ago

Rsanger 66 in Newnan, Georgia said: Is there a databasse to look up so called grant writers? A guy gave me some "documents" with his "ID" number on them I haven't paid for them yet but I want to verify before I part with my cash.

I too am a professional grant writer with 20 years experience. I'd be more then happy to answer any questions you may have regarding your search.

Feel free to contact me at laurasetzer@yahoo.com.

Best of luck to you. Just don't let anyone fool you!

Page:  « First « Previous   2  3  4  5   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.