Best way to clean the grill

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

Jan

74 months ago

Hi,

Just started working in a little family business and need tips on how best to clean the grill!!

Thanks,
Jan

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

steven keith in Salisbury, North Carolina

64 months ago

Theres a thing called a brick. turn thegrill off for 15-25 minutes then throw ice on it and scrub it with the grill brick, keep some water nearby so you can rince the grit,if not the grill will be stained. You can do this with only 10 minutes of cool down just be carefull the grills are exspensive.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Fishincracker in Bradenton, Florida

64 months ago

Next time you're in WalMart, go to the outdoor and gardening section and look at the grill accessories section. I found a porcelain cooking platter with lots of small holes in it that
costs about $11. It's big enough for a 3 lb Butt and several pcs of chicken, and cleans up pretty good with a piece of steel wool and a little water. Use Pam before you start cooking, and get it into a sink full of water soon after you're done. They also have a small "smoker" box for about $7 that nicely ads the flavor to your meat that makes your mouth water. Damn! I should go to work at WalMart.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

yohan in Grand Rapids, Michigan

64 months ago

Jan said: Hi,

Just started working in a little family business and need tips on how best to clean the grill!!

Thanks,
Jan

use a heavy duty scotchbrite pad and a grill screen not brick and its nickle plated dont use the screen just the pad try pickle juice for a finish or use oil pads and screen no brick jr

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

robb in Hyde Park, Massachusetts

58 months ago

you want too use a grill screen with melted butter. this works great for me. rince with water..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jeremy in Lima, Ohio

57 months ago

All these methods work. Ive got 20 plus years exp. I prefer oil with any of them for a quick clean while in opperation try ice or carbinated water and a good scraper hope this help

chef jo in Lenoir, North Carolina

43 months ago

jeremy in Lima, Ohio said: All these methods work. Ive got 20 plus years exp. I prefer oil with any of them for a quick clean while in opperation try ice or carbinated water and a good scraper hope this help

they all are right but i prefer using oil out of fryers,and since no one really eat except me please. dont use ice will crack your gill top take. the ends of bread after ou have used one of theses meth,take bread ends clean off grill this will save you alot of towls may i ask where is your resturant

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

chef jo in Lenoir, North Carolina

43 months ago

jeremy in Lima, Ohio said: All these methods work. Ive got 20 plus years exp. I prefer oil with any of them for a quick clean while in opperation try ice or carbinated water and a good scraper hope this help
use bread end when wiping down grill ater you use any of theses methods except the ice,, ice will crack a grill ,ive always used greese out of fryers save you money after you clean grill use bread ends and wipe down will save you on paper towels and rags may i ask where is your resturant?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.