Hair Stylist Jobs Forum

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

Current Discussions (415) - Start a Discussion

morgana in San Francisco, California

Updated 25 months ago

Hairstylist VS Esthetician vs Makeup artist? PLEASE HELP! - 1 Reply

Hi guys! I apologize in advance if this topic has been already bought up. I'm 18 and planning on going to either Paul Mitchell or Aveda in houston or...

WendyByrd

Transfer cosmetology license to UK

I am considering moving to the UK. Can I transfer my California license to the UK??

Alexis in Woodstown, New Jersey

Updated 26 months ago

Hair extensions - 28 Replies

Recently I just got a short haircut that I hated. I didnt know what to do so I found this girl who put hair extensions in my hair. They aren't glued...

amndham811 in Fort Worth, Texas

Updated 26 months ago

Question about toni and guy - 1 Reply

I'm going hopefully this week for my entrance exam and interveiw/tour. Can anyone tell me what the entrance exam entails? thanks

me in Mankato, Minnesota

Updated 26 months ago

Anyone Agree that Beauty schools are out their GOD-DDDam minds?? - 9 Replies

I cannot believe what these people have the nerve to charge for Basics! 20,000?! Are they nuts? Now, it's not only Paul Mitchell or Aveda charging...

xjenna208x in Hillsboro, Illinois

State board exams in NJ question.

I have 6.5 consecutive/current years and two current licenses in Idaho and Illinois. Trying to find out some info for the NJ state board exams... are...

AngelaC in Washington, Michigan

Updated 27 months ago

Professional Beauty Supplies That Ship Overseas/APO ??? - 4 Replies

Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows of any professional beauty supplies that ship to APO(military addresses for overseas where cost is...

jaslynwrites in Anderson, Indiana

What Schools teaches you how to do African-American hair and Caucasian Hair

I have been looking into going into beauty school and I am interested in Paul Mitchell School but I am not sure if they teach how to do sow ins and...

Morgana in San Francisco, California

Updated 27 months ago

Which Cosmetology School to attend? - 3 Replies

I am 29 years old and have always wanted to get into the beauty industry. Of course I was discouraged and pushed to go to traditional school. I...

bonnie

Updated 27 months ago

Are address and little black phone books obsolete? - 5 Replies

I'm a hairstylist that's been practicing for 19 years and I'm so use to keeping my clients' numbers in a phone book but with technology moving as...

ayano2nanno in Tacoma, Washington

CAREER INTERVIEW?! I need to interview a hairstylist for school! Help, please?! (CAN BE DONE BY E-MAIL)

Hey guys! I'm a 10th grade student in high school right now, and I need to interview an adult about a particular career or career pathway that I...

suesreo@gmail.com in Downey, California

Updated 27 months ago

Recruiting a hair stylist for salon - 5 Replies

I am looking for ideas on how to recruit a professional hair stylist for my salon. I have tried advertising in the local paper without luck. Thank...

sidney vallon in Nashville, Tennessee

Should I go back to doing hair?

I have a dilemma. I quit doing hair and am in college. I currently have 2 years left to finish, but I have to work while attending school to support...

Coach2Accomplish in Roswell, Georgia

Updated 29 months ago

Cosmetology Schools in Charlotte, NC area? - 1 Reply

Hey Everyone, I've just found this forum while searching for Charlotte, NC area Cosmetology Schools. I'm 38 yrs old and have been a SAHM for 3 yrs....

dreamer in Akron, Ohio

how to pay for cosmetolgy school (cosmetology scholarship)

I want to go to cosmetology school. but it so expensive! here in ohio regency and national cost 16,000 dollars! and another school cost 9000 but i...

Stephanie Solomon in Queen Creek, Arizona

Is cosmetology school worth it?

I'm going to college and would have about 2 more years for a bachelors. I've always wanted to go to cosmetology school but went to college to please...

Sara in Calabasas, California

Updated 29 months ago

Head Lice? - 7 Replies

I've been looking into a strong solution for head lice. Needless to say, these little buggers are an unnaceptable problem and I want to confront them...

Danielle Potts in Marion, Ohio

Updated 29 months ago

Hi, Im 15 and i want to become a hair styles dose it make enough money - 3 Replies

I like doing hair I know I'm destine to do it but dose it pay i dont want to struggle in the futuer trying to follow my dream.

pinkfusion in California

California Beauty Colleges Pass/Fail Rate for State Board Exams

I thought this would be interesting for those in California that are looking for a beauty school. The primary reason to go to beauty school is to...

pinkfusion in California

Updated 29 months ago

I want to go to cosmetology school... - 1 Reply

To make a long story short, I have went to 3 different schools for nursing and have dropped out every single time, in the mist of it all i have a had...

pinkfusion in California

Updated 29 months ago

Relocating Student... Texas to Colorado... Should I get certified before or after I move? - 1 Reply

I am a current Cosmetology student in Texas. Once I have finished school my Fiancee has to relocate to Colorado for his job. My question is on how I...

pinkfusion in California

Updated 29 months ago

The Truths of Cosmetology - 2 Replies

I am a 29 year old single woman in Ohio who has been considering Cosmetology school for almost a year now. At first I was against and skeptical...

Overwhelmed2011 in Oregon City, Oregon

Hair Stylist Career Outlook? PLEASE advise

Hi all, I am considering going into hair in the Portland OR area. Can anyone please tell me if there are jobs to be had??? ANY info would be...

Overwhelmed2011 in Oregon City, Oregon

Hair Design Portland Oregon Career Outlook?

Hello and thank you for reading. Long story short, due to the economy I was laid off (have a B.S. in Business/Marketing), but am now considering...

Bangstyle in Los Angeles, California

Updated 30 months ago

New social network for salons, stylists and clients! - 1 Reply

Get your portfolio out there! Be one of the first to join our database! www.stylistbook.com Please take a few minutes to create a profile-...

wannabestylist in Oak Lawn, Illinois

36 and wondering.....

So I come from a looong line of hairstylists. (I am typing fast so please excuse my typos) My mom and dad came from Italy and are both stylist with...

sissi in Toronto, Ontario

Updated 31 months ago

State Board Exam - 1 Reply

I'm really stressed out. I graduated from cosmetology school in 2002. Started working in the salon right after new took my state exam and now I'm...

KM in Newnan, Georgia

Graduating

I will be graduating from beauty school in Sept 2011. I live in Georgia and I was wondering has anyone from ga has taken the state board. If so, What...

stylist525@gmail.com in Chicago, Illinois

Updated 31 months ago

Trying to get into the hair industry,,,, - 1 Reply

Recently graduated from cosmo school waiting to take my state board exams,, finging it very hard to find a position anywhere either they don't need a...

Sarah in Boca Raton, Florida

Updated 32 months ago

considering cosmetology- am I right for it? - 1 Reply

I am 23 and working at a grocery store. Although its a good job, I would like to go into a career that allows me to be a part of what I like...

taraneel in Cincinnati, Ohio

Updated 32 months ago

Aveda Institute questions - 1 Reply

Hello all, I'm glad to have found this site. I am interested in becoming a hairstylist - ever since I was a kid I've been playing around with hair...

krazy8 in Georgetown, Texas

Which is the best beauty school in Austin, TX?

Hello everyone! I would love your input, I have toured several schools in Austin, including Avenue 5, Regency, Paul Mitchell, Central Texas Beauty...

Nettie in Brandon, Florida

Updated 32 months ago

How do I get started? What should I expect? - 1 Reply

I recently started attending a 10 month hair cutting/color program. I am the oldest in my class at almost 30 and have the least amount of experience....

Hair Goddess Of NY in Staten Island, New York

Updated 32 months ago

Extensions Training - 4 Replies

Hi! I'm a cosmetology student, and they don't teach anything about extensions in school, which is one of the main reasons I want my license. Can...

Kiki P. in Elk Grove Village, Illinois

Updated 32 months ago

HAIRDRESSING. - 4 Replies

Hey I was wondering if anyone could help me.Im planning to move to new york and need some good name salons that pay well.Ive been hairdressing for...

Kiki P. in Elk Grove Village, Illinois

Transferring cosmetology hours from Chicago to Colorado

I am considering a move to Colorado (Boulder or Denver area) but the state requires 300 more hours of beauty school. How would I go about finishing...

Jessica

Getting re-licensed in California

Hi I live in Florida and I plan to relocate in California. How do I get a California cosmo license? I already have a Florida cosmo license.

bkulavadee in Claremont, California

need to help the re-exam for nail test

i had test on july 14 but i didn't pass the test written test and pratical test so anyone can give any information

Passion4Beauty in Queens, New York

Updated 33 months ago

Success in Cosmetology or Nursing? - 2 Replies

Nursing is for stability and cosmetology is for the love. I do both, but not quite at the RN and Hairstylist stage yet. I'm a Nursing Assistant at...

Passion4Beauty in Queens, New York

Updated 33 months ago

Graduated Cosmo school in 2009 but never got my licenses.. - 1 Reply

Hello all! I graduated cosmo school in 2009 but I never attained my licenses because I was afraid. I have very low self esteem and that's what...

Pants in Portland, Oregon

Updated 33 months ago

hair design school...meh help - 1 Reply

Hi : Ok, I need advise. I graduated from a University in December. Then I moved back to Portland, Oregon. I can't find a job anywhere. I have...

eimajw in Temecula, California

Updated 33 months ago

career change from retail manager to hair stylist - 14 Replies

I am seriously considering a career change after 15 years in retail. I have always wanted to become a hair stylist, however I currently make about...

kpope in Omaha, Nebraska

Updated 33 months ago

Why ask for a following - 1 Reply

Why do salons ask, request or require a following?

Mountain Momma in Gypsum, Colorado

Updated 34 months ago

what is better to do rent a chair or be a commsion stylist? - 2 Replies

I am 24 years old and I have been with Aveda for six years now(counting school). There isn't really any better time to switch over than now I...

MissMomma in Phoenix, Arizona

Updated 34 months ago

Can an older single mom make it as a hairstylist? - 17 Replies

I'm newly divorced, a single mom to a young daughter and I'm no spring chicken (42). I recently went to school and now have my estheticians license,...

M in Champaign, Illinois

Updated 34 months ago

my old hair stylist - 4 Replies

I lost touch with my hairstylist who moved to New York City 10 years ago. His name is Jeffrey C. Bingham. Anyone know of him or how to get in touch...

tauruschic in El Paso, Texas

Updated 35 months ago

Huge Dilema!! Pivot Point, is it worth it? - 2 Replies

I currently work full time 9-5. I have to work. I'm not blessed with a rich husband to take care of me. Because of my situation, I couldnt even go...

letybflores in Houston, Texas

Updated 35 months ago

Is Hair Stylist the right job for me? - 6 Replies

I realize that only I can truly answer this question for myself, but I thought maybe someone on here could help me out a little bit. I'm currently in...

suzieq in Ormond Beach, Florida

Updated 35 months ago

Thinking about going to cosmetolgy school to become hair stylist in Chicago. I have so many questions. - 9 Replies

I've considered going to cosmetology school for sometime. I have a four year college degree in Theater. I started out as a graphic design major in...

kihten in San Francisco, California

Getting re-licensed in California

I'm licensed in Missouri and have worked in a salon for about 4 years. Moved to CA 3 years ago, so it's been a while since I've been in school. I...

Page: « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »

What's great about where you work? If you could change one thing about your job, what would it be? Got a question? Share the best and worst about what you do and where you work by joining a discussion or starting your own.

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.