Hair Stylist Jobs Forum

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

Current Discussions (427) - Start a Discussion

Kiki P. in Elk Grove Village, Illinois

Updated 40 months ago

HAIRDRESSING. - 4 Replies

Hey I was wondering if anyone could help me.Im planning to move to new york and need some good name salons that pay well.Ive been hairdressing for...

Kiki P. in Elk Grove Village, Illinois

Transferring cosmetology hours from Chicago to Colorado

I am considering a move to Colorado (Boulder or Denver area) but the state requires 300 more hours of beauty school. How would I go about finishing...

Jessica

Getting re-licensed in California

Hi I live in Florida and I plan to relocate in California. How do I get a California cosmo license? I already have a Florida cosmo license.

bkulavadee in Claremont, California

need to help the re-exam for nail test

i had test on july 14 but i didn't pass the test written test and pratical test so anyone can give any information

Passion4Beauty in Queens, New York

Updated 41 months ago

Success in Cosmetology or Nursing? - 2 Replies

Nursing is for stability and cosmetology is for the love. I do both, but not quite at the RN and Hairstylist stage yet. I'm a Nursing Assistant at...

Passion4Beauty in Queens, New York

Updated 41 months ago

Graduated Cosmo school in 2009 but never got my licenses.. - 1 Reply

Hello all! I graduated cosmo school in 2009 but I never attained my licenses because I was afraid. I have very low self esteem and that's what...

Pants in Portland, Oregon

Updated 41 months ago

hair design school...meh help - 1 Reply

Hi : Ok, I need advise. I graduated from a University in December. Then I moved back to Portland, Oregon. I can't find a job anywhere. I have...

eimajw in Temecula, California

Updated 41 months ago

career change from retail manager to hair stylist - 14 Replies

I am seriously considering a career change after 15 years in retail. I have always wanted to become a hair stylist, however I currently make about...

kpope in Omaha, Nebraska

Updated 41 months ago

Why ask for a following - 1 Reply

Why do salons ask, request or require a following?

Mountain Momma in Gypsum, Colorado

Updated 42 months ago

what is better to do rent a chair or be a commsion stylist? - 2 Replies

I am 24 years old and I have been with Aveda for six years now(counting school). There isn't really any better time to switch over than now I...

M in Champaign, Illinois

Updated 42 months ago

my old hair stylist - 4 Replies

I lost touch with my hairstylist who moved to New York City 10 years ago. His name is Jeffrey C. Bingham. Anyone know of him or how to get in touch...

tauruschic in El Paso, Texas

Updated 43 months ago

Huge Dilema!! Pivot Point, is it worth it? - 2 Replies

I currently work full time 9-5. I have to work. I'm not blessed with a rich husband to take care of me. Because of my situation, I couldnt even go...

letybflores in Houston, Texas

Updated 43 months ago

Is Hair Stylist the right job for me? - 6 Replies

I realize that only I can truly answer this question for myself, but I thought maybe someone on here could help me out a little bit. I'm currently in...

suzieq in Ormond Beach, Florida

Updated 43 months ago

Thinking about going to cosmetolgy school to become hair stylist in Chicago. I have so many questions. - 8 Replies

I've considered going to cosmetology school for sometime. I have a four year college degree in Theater. I started out as a graphic design major in...

kihten in San Francisco, California

Getting re-licensed in California

I'm licensed in Missouri and have worked in a salon for about 4 years. Moved to CA 3 years ago, so it's been a while since I've been in school. I...

Katrina in New Bedford, Massachusetts

Updated 44 months ago

Just got out of school - 22 Replies

I just graduated, and I can't find a job anywhere. How do I get a job if no one wants to hire me with no experiece, outside of school?

jazzforme2.dh@gmail.com in Randallstown, Maryland

Updated 44 months ago

How much to charge? - 1 Reply

I am a licensed hairstylist and I have been working in a salon for over 2 years and I also do hair from home. I am wanting to leave the salon and...

jenss5 in Oxnard, California

Updated 44 months ago

beauty school in CA - 1 Reply

has anyone heard of Lu Ross Academy im planning on starting May 24 its 19,000 and i was just wondering if anyone has gone there..also whats the most...

Elly John in Kingston, Jamaica

Updated 45 months ago

Kid Salon - 1 Reply

What do you think about kid salon? Do you think its a good career in one.

Aliboo232 in Bay City, Michigan

Should I move ?

So i live in Michigan and have had my cos license for almost 5 years now and haven't been doing hair for the last 2 years. I truely miss it. But...

Chips in Salem, New Hampshire

Been out of the hair business for a while...

I did hair for about 6 years, thought that I wanted to go into nursing. Moved to another part of the country, left my clientele and started working...

Babby1que in Inglewood, California

Doc@Diva-up

Can any one please tell me how to get in touch with the person at this web site. the site no longer comes up......

MB-ATL in Atlanta, Georgia

Updated 45 months ago

What should I do with my left over hair maniquins. - 2 Replies

I have a about ten that are left over from beauty school. I went a little crazy and bought them when I was atttending and after I was done and took...

letama52 in Woonsocket, Rhode Island

Updated 46 months ago

Starting out... - 31 Replies

How did you get your start doing hairstylist work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position? Do you need a particular...

Amy in Salem, New Hampshire

Updated 46 months ago

Advice? - 2 Replies

Hi everyone! I got my cosmetology license in May 2010, yet I've worked as a shampoo tech since then. In late October, I decided to leave my other...

bev in Crystal Lake, Illinois

Updated 46 months ago

What college degree would be most helpful? - 2 Replies

Hi everyone! I've been reading through these forums for the past few weeks and there are so many of you who have given amazing advice. My question...

V in Omaha, Nebraska

Updated 46 months ago

Xenon International - 1 Reply

has anyone attended this school or have some feedback on it for me? thanks!

CCC1234 in Wellsville, Kansas

community college or private school

Does it matter if you go to a small community college cosmetology school or a private one?

AlexisM5 in Miami, Florida

Updated 47 months ago

Pierre Diamond Trends - 9 Replies

Hi all! I just wanted to share a tid-bit of good news...well its been some time now that we've switched over to Pierre Diamond Trends Diamond Line...

coiffeuse

Updated 47 months ago

An educational DVD for Hair Stylists on how to work better (biomechanics) in order to get rid of pains and injuries. - 1 Reply

I noticed from my own hair stylist that the majority of hair stylists suffer from pains and aces. That's on one hand due to the harsh nature of their...

SheriC in Middleburg, Florida

Updated 47 months ago

am i being taken advantage of? - 3 Replies

Just got outta school I now work 3 days a wk in salon. I get paid comission but not many clients, salons new so not many walkins, but she said I'm...

Juanita Kelly in Brooklyn, New York

I would like to know can you take the state board test 3 years after you graduate? N.Y.C

I think i would have to go back to school,but i'm not sure. can anyone help me

Undecided in Irvine, California

community college or private

I am looking into attending cosmo school but the private schools, marinello...is abour $18,000..The local commumity college is much cheaper, about...

health/fitness/beauty pro in Little Elm, Texas

Updated 47 months ago

please help!! am i being taken advantage of?? - 2 Replies

[QUOTE who="tararae19 in Rhode Island"]Just got outta school I now work 3 days a wk in salon. I get paid comission but not many clients, salons new...

Lauren in Jamaica, New York

Updated 47 months ago

Arrojo, Aveda or Paul Mitchell Cosmetology School? - 1 Reply

Please help me choose the best cosmetology school in New York City. I am looking to work in NYC and want a school that salon owners respect the most...

Kelsey Dawn in Henderson, Nevada

Budding hair stylist about to graduate! ...Now what?

I'm currently a senior attending Euphoria Institute in Henderson, NV with about 10 weeks left to go. I'm guessing now is about the time to start...

Gina in Whitmore Lake, Michigan

Updated 48 months ago

How do I get a job as a colorist at Vidal Sassoon? - 1 Reply

I've been a hairstylist for 8 yrs now but I'd love to work at Sassoon as a colorist. Does Sassoon hire only students from their school?

Jhaggard in Santa Maria, California

What advice can you give me

I have been in the industry for about six years now. I began with a corporate chain and am trying to make the switch to full service, however all the...

Hhill in Vineyard Haven, Massachusetts

Updated 48 months ago

License Transfering to Massachussetts from Michigan. need help! - 1 Reply

has anyone transfered there cosmetology license to MA from another state? im in the proccess of doing it right now but i have a few questions that...

EmmaWatts in Oak Park, Illinois

Updated 48 months ago

Landing your first job out of school - 1 Reply

Hi everyone. I am about to finish cosmetology school and take my licensing exam. I am super nervous and excited to finally start my dream career. ...

Shawneeo in Carrollton, Texas

Pregnant and looking to work in nursing home....

I am currently 5 months pregnant and have been looking for a job since I graduated Cosmetology school at the end of October with no luck yet. My mom...

SookieToDieFor in Columbus, Ohio

Let's Talk Clientele

I have a general question. I have read a lot of the discussions on this site and have had many of my questions answered! (Thanks everyone!) As of...

MichaelleT in Garden Grove, California

Updated 49 months ago

Professional Hair Color products - 7 Replies

Where do all hair stylists search information about their industry and new professional products online?

hopethomas in mt.pleasant north carolina

kids salon

What do you think about a kids salon is it better than a smartstyle salon???

Sephanie in Berlin, Connecticut

Updated 50 months ago

Texas cometology license-reciprosity - 2 Replies

I just had my cosmetology license reinstated in the state of Colorado (it lapsed ten years ago when I stopped working to be a stay at home mom) I am...

Marlene in Irmo, South Carolina

Updated 50 months ago

Pay scale in an upscale salon and spa - 1 Reply

I am trying to get a general idea of the type of pay scale at a commission based salon and spa. What percentage of retail sales do you get and would...

hopethomas in mt.pleasant north carolina

Updated 51 months ago

smartstyle - 1 Reply

i have been with great clips 7 years and i am burned....i got a job offer with smartstyles. is this a better bussiness and more money...

Ricki in Portland, Oregon

Updated 51 months ago

Is $23000 too much for a full course cosmetology program - 5 Replies

I'm in Portland OR and am looking into the Cosmo school in my area the 2 schools that have evening classes are Beau Monde and Phagans. Both are about...

Ricki in Portland, Oregon

Updated 51 months ago

Phagans Beauty School - 1 Reply

I am really interested in going to Beauty School I have been told not to buy the kit from Phagans Beacuse you can get it cheaper online has anyone...

chefcookie1 in La Habra, California

Need advice from a licensed cosmetologist

I have always had naturally blonde hair. In my 20's, I did partial highlights that made my hair virtually a beautiful platinum. At that time, my hair...

Page: « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »

What's great about where you work? If you could change one thing about your job, what would it be? Got a question? Share the best and worst about what you do and where you work by joining a discussion or starting your own.

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.