Hair Extensions

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 331)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Kelly in Jacksonville, North Carolina

90 months ago

Has anyone done hair extensions? I'm a licensed cosmetologist and have been for 6 years now and I have never done them yet. I want to attempt them on myself and would like to know if anyone has any pointers? I wanted to go with the pre-bonded ones with the heating tool. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (64) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

hairstylist1 in Jacksonville, Florida

90 months ago

I am very experienced in the hair industy, I am a liscened cosmotologist for 15 year. I hold classes on Hair Extentions as well as other cosmotology areas. I also own a hair salon for the last 8 years. Make sure that your hair is in a healthy state.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Adriane in Texarkana, Texas

88 months ago

Hi, I had the glue extensions in for about 6 weeks. My advise is not to do them on yourself. You will not be able to see what your doing, and can turn into a disaster MAJOR! Try going to a cosmetology school and let one of the students do it on you. Once you see how its done, and what it feels like, you will be able to do it on someone elses hair. My best friend at cosmetology school put mine in, and when it came time to put hers back in, i had no problems. She even got her 8 year old daughter to put hers in once at home.

But take care of your extensions. Buy the specialty shampoo so they dont fall out prematurely. Wear it in a ponytail at night so its not all matted up in the morning. Dont use your regular products on them.

Whn you finally take them out (with an oil based product, or specialty remover shampoo) be prepared for your hair to be noticeably thinner than before. It takes a while to readjust to you starting hair length.

Also purchase good hair. NOT YAK or synthetic. Sallys sells some really good human hair for about $30. Its the best ive tried so far. good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

ms lady in Los Angeles, California

87 months ago

I agree with the lady above. Make sure you get quality pre-bonded hair. If you get cheap hair, alot of your hair falls out when you are trying to untangle and comb the extensions. I have done fusion exclusively for the past six years. I only get my hair from www.sunnyshairandwigs.com/fusion.html

I actually send my clients there directly so I don't have to be bothered. But..I would steer clear of the 808 and go more for the 909, it lasts longer and doesn't tangle.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Bethany in El Cajon, California

86 months ago

hairstylist1 in Jacksonville, Florida said: I am very experienced in the hair industy, I am a liscened cosmotologist for 15 year. I hold classes on Hair Extentions as well as other cosmotology areas. I also own a hair salon for the last 8 years. Make sure that your hair is in a healthy state.

Where would I go to get info on those classes?
Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

wendy in Ormond Beach, Florida

86 months ago

where do you have your hair salons, i will be interested in getting my hair done

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Christina in Staten Island, New York

85 months ago

Hi Ladies, I do hair extensions. There is absolutely NO glue, heat, protein, sewing, or braiding of any kind. Your hair is strung through a tiny copper coil and the hair enhancement strand is inserted then the coil is securely clamped with a tool. I use ONLY 100% full cuticle HUMAN hair imported from Europe. I am a free-lance hair extension artist and serve the tri-state area. I will come right to your home or you can come to mine. For more information visit my website at www.hairgoddessofny.com..Read all the FAQs before calling and please be sure not to ask me the price, that is only discussed at your FREE consultation..Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Bethany in El Cajon, California

85 months ago

Christina, the extensions you do are what I want to get into~ I've looked into Great Lengths, Hair Locs, etc etc and yours are superior.. I have not been able to find them anywhere in months of searching. I've emailed you through your other website and received no reply. Can you offer any advice on where to get certified in the extensions you use? Point us in the general right direction at least?

Or are you only here to advertise?

Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

cottonball in Los Angeles, California

85 months ago

I bought hair for the fourth time from sultryhair.com THIS HAIR IS JUST AWESOME!!! I got my hair done this past Wed. and I can not begin to tell you how much nicer this hair is. As long as sultry hair is in business then they will have a costumer with me! In fact my stylist is interested in buying hair for her shop! BIG BIG BIG difference. The hair lasts me approx 6 months. I am used to hair being matted and tangled by the end of the day, but not with this. I brought the wavy hair and after a whole day of being out in the sun and with the wind, hair is easily brushable. I can believe i can just run my fingers through it at the end of the day and i dont have a mass of tangles! I am VERY excited and happy with the product! Just letting anyone out there know this place rocks and their hair extentions look so real, and not fake and plastic looking like most others. That is because they carry pure human hair, not processed, unnatural hair. sultryhair.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Carmella in Los Angeles, California

85 months ago

I don't know how many of you have heard of or had microchet extensions, but I can tell you - after having been down the hair-hell highway for years with stylists trying every kind of technique on my poor hair - this is truly a miracle. I looks completely natural and flows like a dream. And no problems with the wind (if you know what I mean), or parting, ponytails, you name it. I truly LOVE my hair now.

If you're in Los Angeles, RUN don't walk to Doc - she will make you look fabulous - you won't regret it. Her email is Doc@Diva-Up.com. All we divas deserve the best.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Mahaqni in Hollywood, Florida

85 months ago

Hair extensions is very big in the industry now, make sure you the hair texture and what technique is good for the clients hair. different texture require different techniques.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sam in Irvine, California

84 months ago

Are the new microchet extensions better than other methods out there. i have tried many and have yet to find a method i love. many of them are detectable and the glue tends to be thick. does anyone know how well they stay in and how undectable they deel or are

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Courtney in Brunswick, Georgia

84 months ago

hairstylist1 in Jacksonville, Florida said: I am very experienced in the hair industy, I am a liscened cosmotologist for 15 year. I hold classes on Hair Extentions as well as other cosmotology areas. I also own a hair salon for the last 8 years. Make sure that your hair is in a healthy state.

I don't live far from you...how do I contact your salon? i am interested in extensions. corky1213@hotmail.com

K05angel

84 months ago

Hello! Many of you are on this board looking for hair extensions or info about it! A safe and alternative way to get hair extensions are to get clip on hair extensions! Check out... www.hairconspiracy.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Lizette in Saddle Brook, New Jersey

84 months ago

I also shop at sultry or hairpiece.com but I am always looking for great hair suppliers. If anyone know please contact me.

Thanks,
Lizette

sexyhair4u.mysite.orange.co.uk/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Sharon in Miami, Florida

84 months ago

I use only italian hair extensions , it last more then 6 months.
It really easy to use and the customers love it ...
i am using italian hair for more then a year and i am buying it from aqua hair extensions and i am getting only complements.

you can find more information at www.aquahairextensions.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kaye in Jacksonville, Florida

84 months ago

Hi
I've just moved to Jacksonville and have had hair extension for about 2-years. I'm looking for an experienced person to re-do them and also who can do monthly color. I wear Great Length. Please contact me asap at publisher@thewavegroup.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

celebirity hairstylist in South Richmond Hill, New York

83 months ago

HAIR ARTIST/MASTER EXTENTION ARTIST
NYC hair artist available for Print , Runway ,Weddings, Video.

www.onetalentsource.com/portfolio/953/

Hairstylist for Fashion & Music Entertainment
Anywhere IN THE WORLD
hairstyling,men's grooming,natural hair care,braids,extentions
Print advertising-music video-touring-live performance- commercial-runway-CD cover/packaging,TELEVISION

E-mail: JEANENEBARRETT@AOL.COM

CALL:347-683-7922

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Samantha in United Kingdom

83 months ago

some advice- i am a qualified hair extension stylist and i would advise you to get your hair done in a hai salon if you are want hair extenstions. hair extensions are great but you hear a lot of rumours of them damaging hair and you will damage your hair if you are not guided in the right way.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

BILLIONAIRE HAIR in traveling hairstylist

83 months ago

:) HI, IM going to have to give you something to think about
UN trained or unlicensed stylist be careful of....i have done kamora lee hair in her guest room? IT DOESN'T mean you don know what u doing it's more who's DOING YOUR HAIR!!!
TRUST ME CELEBRITIES DON'T GO TO SALONS.......

BE WISE MY DEAR PLEASE:

JEANENEBARRETT@AOL.COM (IF U WANT HELP

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

lilly in Miami, Florida

83 months ago

BILLIONAIRE HAIR in traveling hairstylist said: :) HI, IM going to have to give you something to think about
UN trained or unlicensed stylist be careful of....i have done kamora lee hair in her guest room? IT DOESN'T mean you don know what u doing it's more who's DOING YOUR HAIR!!!

BE WISE MY DEAR PLEASE:

Hi
I am a vendor who wholesales Human Hair . If you are interested
to buy please contact me at 954-384-7690. Or lillychawla11@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

lilly in Miami, Florida

83 months ago

BILLIONAIRE HAIR in traveling hairstylist said: :) HI, IM going to have to give you something to think about

BE WISE MY DEAR PLEASE:

Hi
I am a vendor who wholesales Human Hair . If you are interested
to buy please contact me at 954-384-7690. Or lillychawla11@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

unknown

83 months ago

"billionaire hair" learn how to spell "KIMORA LEE SIMMONS" before saying you've done her hair. It always helps to learn the correct spelling before you tell your little white lies to get people to purchase hair from you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Mahaqni in Miami, Florida

83 months ago

Kelly in Jacksonville, North Carolina said: Has anyone done hair extensions? I'm a licensed cosmetologist and have been for 6 years now and I have never done them yet. I want to attempt them on myself and would like to know if anyone has any pointers? I wanted to go with the pre-bonded ones with the heating tool. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Hi I'm a license hair stylist Im on location and available for travel. Hair Extensions is very big now with the technique your in questioned about make sure you use a clarifying shampoo to remove all oils from the scalp and a leave in conditioner. Make sure when applying the pre bonded tips apply them 1 inch away from the scalp and apply the heat on the bond to attach with the clients strand of hair remove the heat and twist the adhesive around the strand of hair to make sure the hair extension is secured and proceed

Alex in Chicago, Illinois

82 months ago

I am looking for someone to do the Microchet Hair Extension technique on my hair in the Chicago area. Has anyone out there had this done? Are you aware of any stylists or a salon where I can get this done?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Michelle in Riverside, California

82 months ago

Alex,

Don't know about Chi town, but if you can, get yourself to Los Angeles and hook up with Doc. She truly is a Microchet miracle worker. My hair has never looked so beautiful before. I'm sold for LIFE on her expertise, and wouldn't trust my hair (now long, beautiful and healthy) to anyone else. Her site is www.diva-up.com.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

TRIMD4TKOFF

82 months ago

Alex in Chicago, Illinois said: I am looking for someone to do the Microchet Hair Extension technique on my hair in the Chicago area. Has anyone out there had this done? Are you aware of any stylists or a salon where I can get this done?

call michelle szczesny 773-454-1234 she has 3 locations (chicago, schaumburg & palatine) 22 years experience and 17 years in hair extensions. I just left her salon tonight with BEAUTIFUL hair!!
Tell here Tina from Barrington referred you.

Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Lexy in Beverl Hills, California

82 months ago

Microchet extensions are indeed the way to go. BUT be careful! Although a lot of people are doing them, everyone does not do it right. I learned this the hard way and lost hair and money.

If you want your hair to look completely real - go see Doc! She's at www.diva-up.com My hair looks sooooo good that I actually cried when I saw how beautiful she made me. Doc is a real miracle worker! Tell her Tish sent you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

TRIMD4TKOFF

82 months ago

I'm also licensed and I SOOOO trust her to do my hair...CALL MICHELLE!! I've been in the industry for 15 years and when you like another beautician that says something in itself.

Natalie Foster in Banbury, United Kingdom

81 months ago

Hiya i suggest you dont try doing pre-bonds yourself im a trained hair extensionist and even i can not do them perfect on my own hair i wouldnt try if i was you try and get someone to do it for youxxx

danny-mak in Izmir, Turkey

81 months ago

hi
mr charles
Ago thanks you Very_beautifull one system increase for, Soon this product turkey best shape introduce

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

jeanenebarrett@aol.com in Myersville, Maryland

81 months ago

billionaire hair" learn how to spell "KIMORA LEE SIMMONS" before saying you've done her hair. It always helps to learn the correct spelling before you tell your little white lies to get people to purchase hair from you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
the bible says ignore the devil & he shall flee...
you have a blessed year
~billionairehair

sandy in Newburgh, New York

81 months ago

i would like to find some one who does the coils extentions,no glue .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

christina

81 months ago

sandy in Newburgh, New York said: i would like to find some one who does the coils extentions,no glue .

i install the coil hair extensions..my website is wwww.hairgoddessofny.com

monika in London, United Kingdom

80 months ago

i have cut my hair and now i want it back, so iam thinking of getting hair extensions... what method would you advice/or would say is the best?
iam going chicago soon so iam thinking of getting my hair done there... any advice of where to get it done? and how much will it cost me for a full head?
thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

Hair extensions can vary in prices, as well as methods. You could do the traditional method which is sew-in. or fusion. I would recommend that you talk to a professional.

80 months ago

Courtney in Brunswick, Georgia said: I don't live far from you...how do I contact your salon? i am interested in extensions. corky1213@hotmail.com

I am so sorry, I know that it has been months since you wrote a comment. I had major computer problems my website is www.synergesalonspa.com

80 months ago

If you are in the jacksonville, FL. area feel free to contact me @www.synergesalonspa.com for your extensions. Certified in all methods. Most commonly done is the traditional method, fusion method,i-link method,bonding method. etc. Been in the industry over 15 years.

Bekzod in Uzbekistan

80 months ago

Hello,

I am Bekzod Begmatov, human hair trader of Uzbekistan; I am currently searching for european human hair buyers; This is my business offer details to you:

I do 30cm and longer unprocessed single drawn human hair; colors are from black to light brown - natural colors; EUR300/kg; Minimum trial order of two kgs; In trial order all lengths from 30cm to 50-55cm included.

Upfront payment for trial order along with delivery cost by DHL paid by buyer.

This is serious offer so please don't hesitate to contact me if interested. You can reach me at beckobeg@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

ashley in North Hollywood, California

79 months ago

Kelly in Jacksonville, North Carolina said: Has anyone done hair extensions? I'm a licensed cosmetologist and have been for 6 years now and I have never done them yet. I want to attempt them on myself and would like to know if anyone has any pointers? I wanted to go with the pre-bonded ones with the heating tool. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

i would NOT reccomend using the fusion glue tecnique...it tends to shed and pull at the natural hair, get the pre bnded hair tips, but use the micro-links. Little metal tubes that are clamped shut arround your hair and the extensions hair. this cuts the shedding down to a minimum and is MUCH more comfortable. no heat, no glue, no harsh chemicals...its the way to go!!!!

niki in Brooklyn, New York

79 months ago

HI all... I am a licensed hair dresser and certified Microchet user. I am wondering if anyone using the microchet system has run into any challenges with it...ie.. pulling the hair out, finding tiny bald patches, etc. on either thick or thin hair. If so, what have you done to combat this issue?
I have a lot of clients comming to me because their hair is so thin that any other method would be either too heavy or too noticable, but i am concerned about the issue of the hair pulling from the scalp. Have you had issue with the extensions coming off the head with the hair attached?

thank you for your involvement in my quest to give fuller, longer hair to those women who are suffering from hair loss due to mercury poisoning(yes i have had a few contact me), H.I.V, alopecia, stress etc.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

I have found that any hair extension system that uses any sort of glue adhesive, even if it is keratin based, has a major tendancy to pull on the hair. The glue becomes weak in areas and only holds to a few strands putting a lot of tension on very few hair strands thus forcing them to pull out due to the weight. This then causes thining and bald spots. I have found that if you buy the pre bonded hair, and then use the micro links or micro locks lines with scilicone or that have the threaded inside (for extra holding power) this eliminates all of your problems. it holds tight to ALL of the strand and does not pull on the hair. There is no glue, no heat, no chemicals, and it feels much better than having glue chunks at your scalp! Research the micro link process. once you try it and see and feel the difference, you will never use anything else!!!
hope this helps!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

hairstylist1 in Jacksonville, Florida said: Hair extensions can vary in prices, as well as methods. You could do the traditional method which is sew-in. or fusion. I would recommend that you talk to a professional.

I provide the micro link hair system at amazing prices with the best hair on the market. I have a flat rate of $750 no matter what you want!!! go to my profile to check it out and to see pictures

www.myspace.com/NoHoHair

or e-mail me at
Euro_fashion_fan@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

niki in Brooklyn, New York

79 months ago

Thanks to the both of you for the info.. but have you tried the Microchet?? I am trying to trouble shoot on this one. It has the smallest attachement point and is totally undetectible, even at the bang area... but I am worried about the pulling out of the hair from the scalp.
I will def look into the micro link and micro lock.

Karen in Miami, Florida

79 months ago

Sharon in Miami, Florida said: I use only italian hair extensions , it last more then 6 months.
It really easy to use and the customers love it ...
i am using italian hair for more then a year and i am buying it from aqua hair extensions and i am getting only complements.

you can find more information at www.aquahairextensions.com

Are they really expensive? Sometimes these companies can rip you off!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Monica in Miami, Florida

79 months ago

Someone Recommends dream catchers?
what do you think about the method ?

candi cooper in Lake Manor, California

79 months ago

I would like to say that I have been an Extensionist for the past 28 years. Please feel free to e-mail me with any questions you may have, I'm here to help, not advertise. Please not that "Certified" means only that a paid class was taken by the stylist. Please try to use a State licensed "cosmetologist" for you Hair Extensions. Unfortunately the explosion of Extension popularity has opened up the business but has also attracted many novices just looking for the latest way/trend to make money. Stay beautiful girls!

Peace,
Candi
www.myspace.com/candishairextension.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

araceli ibarra in Seattle, Washington

79 months ago

Wow it is so great to meet other people who are doing hair extensions!! I am owner of Hair spa&Extension been in extension business for 10 years, complementary consultation, reasonable prices, excellent hair quality! love them, Currently doing Eurolocks but do any bonding technique, microchet if anyone has more info? laser extensions?Let me know please! hairspaandmore@yahoo.com

candi cooper in Lake Manor- Chatsworth, California

79 months ago

Oh Great! I have clients that travel a lot. Would love to network with you...

Peace,
Candi

Call me (818) 992-6657

deantre84 in Aurora, Colorado

79 months ago

As a licenced cosmetologist for 5 years, I wold advise this...
Allow a licensed professional(with experience in hair extensions, and good reputation of work)to put the extensions into your hair. If you try to do them yourself and have no experience putting them in , how did you plan on removing them. There are many things to know about extensions especially boning methods. Last thing you want is your OWN hair to come out with the wefts of hair...

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.