Hairstyling and the economy

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (46)

SassieMom in Phoenix, Arizona

69 months ago

Is this a BAD time to get intot his profession? Things are getting so bad, I wonder if it will be hard to build a clientele in this economy. What do you all think?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

69 months ago

No one has a comment??? Any working hairdressers out there that can shed some light???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

deansuraci in Cornwall, New York

69 months ago

As a customer this is my perspective.

I don't go to my barber unless I have a job interview coming up. In the past, I had always kept my hair short, going to the barber every 2 weeks. However, there have been many times now since losing my job that I just let it grow, grow, and grow.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

69 months ago

Thanks for the response. I understand this can be a trend for alot of people. I think more so for men though. Women, in my opinion may be a little different. But, Im still waiting on those responses as well....thanks! I like different perspectives....

BILLIONAIRE HAIR in traveling hairstylist

69 months ago

cassy, I will tell u this I know of many salons opening at this time...
if u offer something different and your prices are affordable in the areas where people cannot pay much then u should be fine. me on the other hand really don't like going afforrdable! JUST WHO I AM I KNOW IM WORTH EVERY DIME..... SO I CHARGE ACCORDINGLY
NEVER LET A SEASON STOP YOUR DESTINY!!! I BELIEVE IN GOD SO I BELIEVE THAT HE CAN DO ALL THINGS IN THE MIST OF A STORM! SO MY ADVICE IS IF U WANT IT U GOT IT! BUT DO YOUR HOMEWORK

BE BLESSES

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

69 months ago

IM SORRY
SASSYMOM

69 months ago

NOT CASSY

JEANENEBARRETT@AOL.COM

hothair in Lakeland, Florida

68 months ago

BILLIONAIRE HAIR in traveling hairstylist said: cassy, I will tell u this I know of many salons opening at this time...
if u offer something different and your prices are affordable in the areas where people cannot pay much then u should be fine. me on the other hand really don't like going afforrdable! JUST WHO I AM I KNOW IM WORTH EVERY DIME..... SO I CHARGE ACCORDINGLY
NEVER LET A SEASON STOP YOUR DESTINY!!! I BELIEVE IN GOD SO I BELIEVE THAT HE CAN DO ALL THINGS IN THE MIST OF A STORM! SO MY ADVICE IS IF U WANT IT U GOT IT! BUT DO YOUR HOMEWORK

BE BLESSES

Amen to that one girl...if we Dont believe the Lord will help us then we have nothing to hold onto right? Just believe and do your part and he will providefor you as you go

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

lmontijo17 in fresNO!, California

68 months ago

this is so inspiring to hear. i moved to fresNO from los angeles and i thought there was going to be nothing up here for me. but the Lord has provided all that i need and more. i was steadfast to his word and never gave up my faith. now i'm going into beauty school with no money to pay for anything and God has already got my tuition paid for. let's see what happens with my matierials. i know i'll be taken care of. this is what i've wanted to do my whole life and i know God will make this possible for me without a penny comming out of my pocket. praise HIS name!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

JayB in Memphis, Tennessee

67 months ago

THat is what i call preaching...I was just let go from my job today and I have been really wanting to go to hair school...since the 3rd grade!! I have a BA degree and going for a Masters online right now, neither I've wanted to do and now that I'm married with a daughter it's much harder for me to do what I want because I'm scared. my hubby is supportive but he's concerned about bills. we are staying with my inlaws until we get on our feet and get our own house. I'm 25 and I am positive that the beauty industry is for me. I love doing hair and I believe that the flexibility and the potential to make people more beauty as well as income potential also for me! After being laid off, I cried to God as to why I keep getting dead end jobs?? I'm educated, I work hard, I am good to others, and I still don't get anything. But I'm really thinking that hair school is my gig to pursue. I will come into some money in a few wks and my hubby is working and we have no excess bills, so this would be a good time. I just have to find an affordable school....I will pray about it some more and see what happens...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

BILLIONAIRE HAIR in Brooklyn, New York

67 months ago

JayB

I WANTED TO COMMENT TO WHAT U HAD TO SAY because i was encouraged in my spirit as u said you were laid off!!!
almost on purpose :) by GODS divine will 4 your life

i have a word for u i want to share please
email me: jeanenebarrett@aol.com

BUT I WILL SAY GOD IS GREAT PUTTING US TOGETHER LIKE THIS
THIS IS WHAT HE WANTS TO SEE
LADY'S
EMAIL ME I SEE U ARE FROM ALL OVER, I AM DOING CLASSES ALL OVER AND WOULD LOVE TO MEET UP WITH YOU ALL
IM AN EDUCATOR, I ALSO GO TO SALONS AND BASICALLY DO A UP GRADE:)
NO MATTER HOW LONG OR SHORT U WERE OPEN!!!
GOD IS AWESOME... 2009 is our time
have a blessed and awesome year LADY'S

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

konkorer in Flourtown, Pennsylvania

66 months ago

SassieMom in Phoenix, Arizona said: Is this a BAD time to get intot his profession? Things are getting so bad, I wonder if it will be hard to build a clientele in this economy. What do you all think?

I'm a stylist....people always need haircuts and there are always job openings...people are doing less highlighting and waiting longer for color and cut....but during recession historically hair dressers stayed in business, people will sacrifice a lot to look good and be comfortable with their looks, hair is the crown of a woman no? this is a great time to get into hair.....when the economy starts rising again...watch out....plenty money to be made.....

JEANENEBARRETT.COM

66 months ago

JayB in Memphis, Tennessee said: THat is what i call preaching...I was just let go from my job today and I have been really wanting to go to hair school...since the 3rd grade!! I have a BA degree and going for a Masters online right now, neither I've wanted to do and now that I'm married with a daughter it's much harder for me to do what I want because I'm scared. my hubby is supportive but he's concerned about bills. we are staying with my inlaws until we get on our feet and get our own house. I'm 25 and I am positive that the beauty industry is for me. I love doing hair and I believe that the flexibility and the potential to make people more beauty as well as income potential also for me! After being laid off, I cried to God as to why I keep getting dead end jobs?? I'm educated, I work hard, I am good to others, and I still don't get anything. But I'm really thinking that hair school is my gig to pursue. I will come into some money in a few wks and my hubby is working and we have no excess bills, so this would be a good time. I just have to find an affordable school....I will pray about it some more and see what happens...

CAN U GIVE ME UR EMAIL ADRESS AGAIN
I LOST UR EMAIL I WANT TO TALK TO U
IM SORRY FOR THE LONG RESPONCE...
JEANENEBARRETT.COM
JEANENEBARRETT@AOL.COM
MY NUMBER IS ON MY WEBSITE AS WELL

Jenna in Anchorage, Alaska

66 months ago

SassieMom in Phoenix, Arizona said: Is this a BAD time to get intot his profession? Things are getting so bad, I wonder if it will be hard to build a clientele in this economy. What do you all think?

HAHA yea right. EVERYONE always needs at least a cut no matter what- i know people who skip bills to get their hair highlighted... if you know what its like to be poor then you would cut some slack and do an i owe you or something- if you've ever been there... but then if you have the attitude to go far, like me, then you can do all the rich people even if the economy crashes they're not gonna walk around scruffy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

mary in Houston, Texas

66 months ago

Are you kidding, if you are just getting started the best place to start is a chain that is offering training as a apprentice and you will eventually get the experince and then you can go rent a station somewhere and bring in the bucks with your own clientel.
Going upscale right off is not a good idea at the moment because coustomers are watching their money and are going to chain operations rather than spend 70.00 a haircut, I know I am working at one now and have seen a tremendous drop, but in the chain franchises it has doubled and in my neighborhood they are booming. I might have to go this route. our i will rent in a rent booth operation.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ken_NY in Long Island, New York

66 months ago

Last Memorial Day weekend, I had an ephiony. I live in a very wealthy resort town on Long Island. Always busy from March to December with Jan and Feb being somewhat busy but nothing to write home about. Well last Memorial Day psyching myself up for a very very busy weekend, I went to work early and was ready for the onslought of customers. They never came. July 4th slow as molasses. All summer hardly anyone was buying and I was just sitting there. But Memorial Day while I was sitting there, it occured ot me that things were going to get bad and I thought of cosmo school. I put off this thinking for while until the end of August, mind you I had a hunch, a terrible gut feeling something was going to give. So I found myself signing up for cosmo school. 2 months later I was laid off with the encouragement that I would return to work in January, again after they told me that, I said no it wont be 2 months it will be 4 months from the date of lay off. Well I've never been better for it. I enjoy cosmo school, I enjoy learning what I'm learning--Just got to get over the fear of practicing what I'm learning lol--I love it so much that I have a 100% attendance and I'm on their Dean's List. Which is ok I guess. But If I didn't have cosmo school I'd be going sir crazy. So I say go for it. Find a good accredited school. Mine has a reputation of being Ivy League of Cosmo schools. Don't know how true it is but the instructors care, care so much they yell at those who miss a lot of school. If its your dream as a full time career or something on the side...go for it. Don't hesitate.

Now I wouldn't go as far as calling those who believe in God or "God crap" crap, everyone has their faith. And if they believe God is helping them--in these economic times, doesn't that make it easier to know Someone is watching out for you--they're entitled to it. Maybe God did give me the hunch last Memorial Day and nagging all summer long that things were going to get bad and they are bad.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

gloriah32 in Norfolk, Virginia

65 months ago

Iam in school to become a stylist with 3 mths left to go and ive tried different fields paralegal,dental assistant,ect but no matter what i always find myself doing hair. I'am am not scared of the economy because I know that what is for me, is for me and no man can take that away. And that goes for everyone else no matter how much i tried to run from this profession I alwayz ended right back at it because God is in controll not me.(us)

Ken_NY in Long Island, New York

65 months ago

I really don't think that God cares what we do as long as we do it to the best of our ability. However going for it is great, you've tried many careers and end up at this one. Everyone who wants to do it should.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Haleweh in Lakeside, California

65 months ago

Mary inTampa in Tampa, Florida said: Here comes the God crap again - be sure to get in at every nudge you can. But, Christians, let's be logical. We are in a very deep recession. Even the middle class with a job are not wasting their money unnecessary - because they need to save it in case they lose their job.

No, it is not a good idea to to into hair styling - unless she wants to work at Fantastic Sams or Supercuts, which is very likely.

As for caschrate, it's a paramid scam. That number is next to the cash crate because she gets a cash bonus for referring you.

There is screwer on every blog - and someone waiting to get screwed unwittingly.

MBaby1212 !! Its people like you that make me sick!! Being so negative to everything!! When people talk like you its just cause your jealous of what others have but as I see it there will always be someone like you getting in the way of others dreams but if your stong hearted as I am someone like you would never stop me from persuring my dreams =) and by the way GOD isnt CRap and I can clearly see you have no respect for him and others beliefs. May GOD be with you!!! =D

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Haleweh in Lakeside, California

65 months ago

Haleweh in Lakeside, California said: MBaby1212 !! Its people like you that make me sick!! Being so negative to everything!! When people talk like you its just cause your jealous of what others have but as I see it there will always be someone like you getting in the way of others dreams but if your stong hearted as I am someone like you would never stop me from persuring my dreams =) and by the way GOD isnt CRap and I can clearly see you have no respect for him and others beliefs. May GOD be with you!!! =D

Sorry this is addressed to Mary in Hawaii for her NEGATIVE RUDE COMMENT

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

konkorer in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

65 months ago

People always need haircuts....during the great depression the hair industry thrived, look it up.....I am a stylist and there was a lull but it was short lived and business is thriving.....Do Hair! if you have will and talent, you will succeed....peace

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

texas_hart_attack in Tyler, Texas

64 months ago

People are still now and always will need a haircut, walk ins are harder to get, but be good to the ones you do get and they'll keep coming back. And remember if you're in this for the money then you're in it for the wrong reasons. It's about the clients, keep that in mind and you'll be fine.

yolanda in Dayton, Ohio

63 months ago

SassieMom in Phoenix, Arizona said: No one has a comment??? Any working hairdressers out there that can shed some light???

It's actually not a bad time!! i've been doing hair for 6 years and even with the economy people still need to get their hair done! building clientele is not as hard as people think it's 70% personality and 30 tech skills...just remember that people are always going to need your services. at home color jobs are always botched! people want to look and feel their best. it's a great profession to be in

essence in Rochester, New York

63 months ago

This was so encourageing for me.I own my own salon and it can be abit discouraging the ups and downs in the business. I have 1 fulltime stylist,2 parttime and they are PART TIME!I really need to boost my business. Im not a platform artist but im good! I have no desire to build anymore or go after people I kinda wanna rent out all my booths,and come from behind the chair. Ur opinion is deeply appreciated.Thanks. Godbless u.essenceofbeauty_@hotmail.com

BILLIONAIRE HAIR in Brooklyn, New York said: JayB

I WANTED TO COMMENT TO WHAT U HAD TO SAY because i was encouraged in my spirit as u said you were laid off!!!
almost on purpose :) by GODS divine will 4 your life

i have a word for u i want to share please
email me: jeanenebarrett@aol.com

BUT I WILL SAY GOD IS GREAT PUTTING US TOGETHER LIKE THIS
THIS IS WHAT HE WANTS TO SEE
LADY'S
EMAIL ME I SEE U ARE FROM ALL OVER, I AM DOING CLASSES ALL OVER AND WOULD LOVE TO MEET UP WITH YOU ALL
IM AN EDUCATOR, I ALSO GO TO SALONS AND BASICALLY DO A UP GRADE:)
NO MATTER HOW LONG OR SHORT U WERE OPEN!!!
GOD IS AWESOME... 2009 is our time
have a blessed and awesome year LADY'S

f in Washington, District of Columbia

60 months ago

god's not done shiit for me but get me eff'd over every time!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

BSDiva in Lenexa, Kansas

60 months ago

Actually, cosmetology and hairstyling careers are some of the fastest growing in 2009, despite the recession - according to US News & World Report. While haircuts may be further apart for those struggling financially, they still get haircuts. A lot of people are resorting to salon and spa "staycations" instead of taking full-fledged vacations and traveling in order to save money. A lot of people are also relying on salon and spa services to beautify and clean up for the job interview process.

Now is as good of a time as any to get into the field of cosmetology. Believe me, the jobs are still coming. Check out lounge.beautyschoolsdirectory.com/jobs for proof. They're coming in, I promise you. It's all about marketing yourself well - have a photo portfolio of your work (see the Lounge to make one for free), network (again, the Lounge) and reach out to people in the field, be proud of what you do.

Here are a few good blogs about the recession and the beauty industry:
- www.beautyschoolsdirectory.com/blog/articles/recession-cosmetology-school-services/
- www.beautyschoolsdirectory.com/blog/beauty-careers/beauty-careers-recession-proof/
- www.beautyschoolsdirectory.com/blog/beauty-careers/make-your-cosmetology-career-lucrativ/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

brenda in Albany, Georgia

60 months ago

i have raised 3 children as a cosmotologist i have not had muchamaaaa financial help i was ableseee e to be involved in there live church sports drama baseball soccer lots of others my kids came to work with me when needed to everey day after school and we have a great bond follow youre heart pray about it nothing worth having is easy god loves he will direct you

Stacy Randolph in troy, Illinois

60 months ago

I have wanted to go to cosmetology school for a very long time but instead I became a Dental Assistant and now I have finally decided to go to Cosmetology school. My husband is in the military and we just moved to fair view heights Illinois. I have a lot of questions!! Does it matter if you go to a state of the art school or not? Also how much does it usually cost and what is it like in the schools? If anyone can give me any information on this that would be great!! Thank you!

Patrick in Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania

60 months ago

Hi Stacey...from my experience in PA schools run between $13.000-$16.000....it takes 10 months full time but that varies from state to state.........here's the truth on hair school, no matter where you go they are preparing you to take state board exams, practical and theory....the more people who pass these tests the better their enrollment is...truth told you could pass these exams with one month of schooling, they are very simple....so school after a month or two becomes very repetitive...the only difference in some schools to others is the amount of people you have a chance to practice on...and bottom line, you learn little in school and you learn mostly everything working in a salon...it all depends on what you put into it. Before you go, read books, magazines, watch tutorials and videos...you'll have a leg up most others...peace and good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mary Lou Rocha in Houston, Texas

60 months ago

Hi stacey, do it go to school and you can get financial aid if you qualify. I thought at one time I would get into another career and decide to get into mortgage loan officer, for a while I made money lots of money, but hated it and was so stressed. Now after 3yrs of not doing hair I went back and called my old clients and put in ads for new clients and I am so happy and stress free and love what I do I feel I am on top of the world. I hope this helps you girl because I love what I do and the people are so happy I am back.

60 months ago

Patrick in Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania said: Hi Stacey...from my experience in PA schools run between $13.000-$16.000....it takes 10 months full time but that varies from state to state.........here's the truth on hair school, no matter where you go they are preparing you to take state board exams, practical and theory....the more people who pass these tests the better their enrollment is...truth told you could pass these exams with one month of schooling, they are very simple....so school after a month or two becomes very repetitive...the only difference in some schools to others is the amount of people you have a chance to practice on...and bottom line, you learn little in school and you learn mostly everything working in a salon...it all depends on what you put into it. Before you go, read books, magazines, watch tutorials and videos...you'll have a leg up most others...peace and good luck

Thank you for responding! The schools are a lot more then I thought they would be. I just want to make sure I get a job in a good salon after paying that much for school. I will check into this further. Thank you:)

60 months ago

Mary Lou Rocha in Houston, Texas said: Hi stacey, do it go to school and you can get financial aid if you qualify. I thought at one time I would get into another career and decide to get into mortgage loan officer, for a while I made money lots of money, but hated it and was so stressed. Now after 3yrs of not doing hair I went back and called my old clients and put in ads for new clients and I am so happy and stress free and love what I do I feel I am on top of the world. I hope this helps you girl because I love what I do and the people are so happy I am back.

yes I think I am going to try and get financial aid. Hopefully I can get it. Thank You for responding:)

60 months ago

Does anyone know of any good schools to go to in southern Illinois?? I am going to keep doing my research on here.

Stacy Randolph in Fairview heights, Illinois

60 months ago

Mary Lou Rocha in Houston, Texas said: Hi stacey, do it go to school and you can get financial aid if you qualify. I thought at one time I would get into another career and decide to get into mortgage loan officer, for a while I made money lots of money, but hated it and was so stressed. Now after 3yrs of not doing hair I went back and called my old clients and put in ads for new clients and I am so happy and stress free and love what I do I feel I am on top of the world. I hope this helps you girl because I love what I do and the people are so happy I am back.

Thank you. hopefully i can get financial aid. Also I hope the school helps people find jobs.

rencee in Ocala, Florida

59 months ago

Hey how are you ,, i am a stylist and a shop owner for the last 8 years the economy is hurting me and a few of my friends that are stylist,,, i have a girlfriend in ATL who agree,,,, if you really have a love for it make sure you are well diverse in all types of hair and all fields as well as in a big city where professionals value their look. Right now i am finishing my bachelors in Criminal Justice so i can have a steady income and hair is my side money. i have been a stylist for 19 years

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

sassieMom in Phoenix, Arizona

59 months ago

Ok, so I have decided! I applied and got into nursing school and I am set to start in the spring on 2010. I just decided that at my age, and some other factors, this is the best option for me. Thanks for all of your replies and advice. I wish I would have done beauty school right out of high school. I may encourage my daughter to do that. I do believe that it's a great stepping stone and that doing hair can support someone as they go back to school and get another great paying career going.

sassieMom in Phoenix, Arizona

59 months ago

I also meant to state that Doing hair can be rewarding even if you are NOT Looking into another career. I have friends that make great money, and other's that seem to struglle. Either way, what works for you is whats best for you. We each are in charge of our own destiny! Good luck to you all!

classicdawn53@yahoo.com in Swansea, Massachusetts

59 months ago

yes it is a bad time ...i'v been in the business for 35 yrs...never seen it so bad...people just dont have the $$

Urhairstylist in Houston, Texas

44 months ago

classicdawn53@yahoo.com in Swansea, Massachusetts said: yes it is a bad time ...i'v been in the business for 35 yrs...never seen it so bad...people just dont have the $$

The economy is terrible! I've gone from 2000 an avg 600 a week after supplies and boothrent!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mastiff2 in Powell, Ohio

40 months ago

mary in Houston, Texas said: Are you kidding, if you are just getting started the best place to start is a chain that is offering training as a apprentice and you will eventually get the experince and then you can go rent a station somewhere and bring in the bucks with your own clientel.
Going upscale right off is not a good idea at the moment because coustomers are watching their money and are going to chain operations rather than spend 70.00 a haircut, I know I am working at one now and have seen a tremendous drop, but in the chain franchises it has doubled and in my neighborhood they are booming. I might have to go this route. our i will rent in a rent booth operation.

You may not wanna go work for a chain if your planning on booth renting, most chains have contracts ware you arnt aloud to take your clients with you, i worked for a chain for 2 years and hated it, i now work for a small salon which actually gives me a higher percentage than the chain, iv been at the small salon for 5 years , but i had to start completley over because of the contract when i left the chain

Lizzie in Stockton, California

32 months ago

The job is difficult due to prolonged standing so health concerns are something to think about. Chemicals are strong, even to the customer. I can't imagine working with them everyday. If you have a passion or natural talent for hair, then you might stand out and command good prices, otherwise,the job doesn't pay that well.

sidney vallon in Nashville, Tennessee

32 months ago

Lizzie, you are so right about that. As a former stylist, I've been really trying to learn more about a healthier lifestyle. Now that I haven't been doing hair for about 2 years, the chemicals are one thing that hold me back from going back to work in a salon. I don't want to be around it every day. The health risks are real even though a lot of people wouldn't give it a second thought.

I know too many stylists who have carpel tunnel and have had to have shoulder replacements. My feet start hurting at the mere thought of going back to working in a salon. I don''t mean to sound like such a Debbie downer, but it's really how I feel.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Anna in Hendersonville, North Carolina

30 months ago

Really? Let God guide you? Really? If all people are going to do is pray about it you won't get very far no matter what you do.

maria in Toms River, New Jersey

27 months ago

rencee in Ocala, Florida said: Hey how are you ,, i am a stylist and a shop owner for the last 8 years the economy is hurting me and a few of my friends that are stylist,,, i have a girlfriend in ATL who agree,,,, if you really have a love for it make sure you are well diverse in all types of hair and all fields as well as in a big city where professionals value their look. Right now i am finishing my bachelors in Criminal Justice so i can have a steady income and hair is my side money. i have been a stylist for 19 years

I have been a hairstylist for 23 yrs right now,and do good work.It has gotten slow.I cannot lie.People do wait longer and starting to color there hair at home.People still do choose to get there hair done before paying bills.But in MY opinion, it has gotten pretty bad and looking to change my career.The pros to hairstyling is you can ALWAYS mmoney and remember NO BENEFITS!!!!make extra

Freshcutz in Cordova, Tennessee

26 months ago

I have been doing hair since 1990, If you are not good in this field or do something that's stand out you will fail booth rent in the 1990 was about 75$, in 98 $100 in 2000 $125 now $135-150 clients wait lesser go to other barbers in your shop or go to other salons altogether there's no client loyalty , I can not speak for new barbers but for me if half just half of my clients got their hair cut once a month I would not be slow I was making $1000 a wk in 1990 now $500- $300 wk and I'm 39 still at the good at what I do especially designer cuts to make it now you must know what you do best that is stand out rather it is cuting designs color and attract those clients make customers feel like your friend more than your stylist, watch how other barbers cut their clients hair in case you're ask to do their hair a few Watkins from other barbers sometime can go a long way, But the #1 thing that will get you customers is your work ,what do you do standout? Good luck,

brtsh in Los Angeles, California

26 months ago

It's never a bad time to get into hairstyling,just make sure you have enough experience and feel comfortable working with people. People always need hair services no matter what the economy or competition.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.