Help on building a clientele

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 65 of 65)
Page:  « Previous   1  2   

Raymond E Lee Carmichael in Buenos Aires, Argentina

33 months ago

lisarae in Twin Falls, Idaho said: What if washing or assistance position don't exist? Where I am from (a farming community) I've never heard of that.

Hi Lisarae,

This is just a quick note as I don´t believe there are many real people responding, just spammers looking for traffic.
Nursing? Fantastic, you have a readymade clientele at your nearest old folks home. They are mostly sweet have loads of experience having their hair done and will be very supportive of your wanting to learn/improve your hairdressing skills. They may want mostly sets and blowdrys but these are your equivalent to a chef learning how to make a great white sauce!
The number #1 secret for becoming a great stylist is doing hair, go do it, go learn to be of service.
If you are a sweetie, that´s cool as long as you back it up with solid basic technique. Repeat back what clients say to you, firstly it causes you to pay attention and listen and secondly your clients will relate to you because you are saying what they say.
You are confusing personality with style, it will emerge over time.
Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

CosGirl75 in Salem, Ohio

31 months ago

HELP PLEASE!!!
I am a hair stylist/nail tech and I am trying to build my clientele. I work at a small salon in a small town that is overloaded with chain salons. The salon has been open since January 2012 performing dry cuts, mani's, pedi's and make up services. We have become a full service salon in late September 2012. The owner has done many advertisements, deals, used several marketing tools to get the salon name out there. I have also done many marketing things on my own. She has since hired 2 more stylists and looking to hire another. Problem is, there is not enough new clients coming in to sustain a decent income for all of us. It also seems as if they are booking the other stylists more than me and this is extremely frustrating. I am making 40% of each service I perform as well as buying all products except color and shampoo/conditioner and perms.It is becoming difficult to even have a paycheck. owner continually goes to the stylist that has 20+ years experience, has been an instructor and has also been let go of her 2 previous jobs. She does bring many qualities to the salon but her way is not always right nor are her ideas always beneficial. I am asking anyone out there who may offer some advice on how to build clientele. I have done tons of networking, offered discounts, referal discounts, new client discounts, package deals, ran ads and it seems nothing is working. I am confident in my abilities as a stylist and always researching ways to evolve. I feel stuck and I am beginning to doubt myself. Any advice, ideas or tips would be greatly appreciated!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

31 months ago

raymondelee in Buenos Aires, Argentina said: Hi, just had a thought, this might help give you some ideas on where to start www.Tomaragua.com/clientbuilder/
Let me know how you get on..

the above link is no longer valid, bit if you would like a copy of how to grow your million dollar clientele, mail me with the title and your name in the subject line and I will send you a copy.
Good waves and hair days,
Raymond E Lee
HTTP:/globaljet.weebly.com

bleach in Charlotte, North Carolina

30 months ago

I have moved back to town and started buling my clientele as well.
I've been a stylist for 14 years and work at a place where there's no
Walk ins, I would love any articles or any advice as well. I appreciate
You guys so much. It's comforting knowing that I am not
alone.Thanks so
Much!! Insidiusx@gmail.com

Joann

29 months ago

So I have been doing hair 5 yrs but lost most of my clients since I was on bed rest now I have a chances to take over a small salon but it doeany have much business so I qould have build it back up.im scared that may not be able to pay rent. What should I do.

29 months ago

Joann said: So I have been doing hair 5 yrs but lost most of my clients since I was on bed rest now I have a chances to take over a small salon but it doeany have much business so I qould have build it back up.im scared that may not be able to pay rent. What should I do.

So I have been doing hair 5 yrs but lost most of my clients since I was on bed rest now I have a chances to take over a small salon but it doeany have much business so I qould have build it back up.im scared that may not be able to pay rent. What should I do.

Step 1: Visualise what you want to achieve. When you start working on a client do you begin without knowing what it will look like in your head? Of course not, the same applies in business. Do you visualize a big business, one with many stylists, many clients. Will you have one exclusive line of products or a big retail "shampoo shop" attached?
Step 2:
Define your difference. Why should your old clients come back, and why should the existing clients stay? Are your shampoo and treatment service the best in town, or maybe they're free! If you're exclusive with a supplier, piggyback their philosophy and own it, then explain your exclusive philosophy to "every single client every single time" if you believe it, they will too and it will never 'get old'.
Step3:
Create or extend in detail your database and that of the business. Interview each client and find out their fears and their desires. They cannot wait to tell you! Better still throw a party where you invite all clients and present yourself as the new owner and explain your unique point of difference i.e why you are the expert in that area and sell the sizzle, not the sausage!
Steps 4 - 7 you can read in my eBook, but for now you have plenty to work with. Good waves and hair days to you

Beauty in Sterling Heights, Michigan

29 months ago

Hello Cami I am a licensed hair stylist as well I would like to ask a couple of questions to you directly my email is mz.tweety3rd@yahoo.com please contact me when you get a chance please & thank you

Whitney in San Jose, California

28 months ago

There is a website coming out in the next few weeks that will be a great tool for beauty professionals to expand their business. Mybeautybot.com is going to allow beauty professionals to create 100% free profiles. You can upload as many pics as you want, and list your contact info and services offered. It will be very user friendly for potential clients. They will have the option to browse profiles but they can also start at the image gallery and view pics of stylist creations in their area. When they find the pic they love, they will automatically be directed to the stylist profile page that created that look. If you "like" them on Facebook you will be the first notified when the site is up so you can be one of the first to create a profile. There are also pics of the website design on their Facebook... Look me up, mybeautybot.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Christy Jimenez in Burbank, California

26 months ago

tiffany in Orange Park, Florida said: vv Wow impressive. I just did it but typed in "jacksonville hair salons" since i live in jacksonville, fl. It showed me that an estimate of 6000 people searched that in the month of january. Unbelievable. I am about to start school here shortly, i will be going to paul mitchell school of jacksonville to become a cosmetologist. It will take me about 10 months but after i am done i would love to use your services! Please email me at tiffrallen@gmail.com so we can discuss this and i can get your email to get in business at a later date!

I just need to know how to build clientele in Burbank its been hard, i had alot of clientele in Mississippi, lots in pasadena ca, none in burbank ca i am a traveling local stylist and i need more exposure and more knowledge on clipper cuts, and more experience on sewing in extensions, i really specialize in braids, haircuts, and i know how men hair, line ups, sstyle, blow dry, curl and more i really need to expose myself working in the hair salon has never worked for me i do great on my own, and salon owners take advantage of me. i only have one client now, i let go of my hair business for 2 years now. I even have done hair for student films, music videos and more i even have done makeup for short films i really want to break into the entertainment industry hair department but i just need to know how to expose myself.

Trish in Tampa, Florida

25 months ago

megan haggerty in petaluma, California said: so i rent a station, i have been doing hair for about 7 months professionaly at this salon. I am the youngest styalist and struggle to build my clientell, i have to compete with a gal who has 25 years expeirience and she is still trying to build up her clientell, i have tried everything from flyers to passing out 30% off first service for new clients, with times getting harder im worried that i will have to end up leaving the salon im at because i cannot afford to pay rent, on top of this i work 2 other jobs to make ends meet and sometimes i have to pull from those paychecks in order to affoard rent? any suggestions?

Megan, I feel your pain. I'm still commission only because I don't have the start up to do booth rent AND I work a Bartending job and are still not making ends meet! I love my salon but I am competing with seasoned awesome stylists and I have a mere 3 years under my belt! With no in salon training except for what some of my coworkers are will to educate me in their spare time. Whatever suggestions someone offers you, I'm all ears!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Crystal in Newhall, California

22 months ago

Marissa in Los Angeles, California said: Hi guys! I've been doing alternative hair and in the salon but would ideally covet a place in the film /tv 706 union or on photoshoots.

I just moved back to LA almost a year ago with 13 years of education under my belt as a Stylist.
I have to say I have had the hardest time finding a Salon that truthful an loyal here in LA. Most salons rent which isn't horrible if I had a base clientele to support that. Commission is radically low for Stylist that with or needing to build clientele. I moved back having to start over as a single mom. Tuff stuff.. The economy took a major dive the last 3 years in Mi. Needed to make a change. The Film industry has been hard to break into. This was my reason for the move (LAFILM) I found myself in search of a Salon. First SALON I dedicated 5months to an hardly built a clientele. Second SALON jerked me around for 4 months. I did 9 MODELS for the interview various Color/Highlighting techniques, various Cutting techniques. I was so excited I was hired.
This was also a High-end celebrity SALON. They required me to learn their signature color technique an promising a quick training process of a MONTH ( That I mastered on two models).
They dragged me on as an assistant for 4months at $8.25 hour payroll which means taxes taken out.. In the end I was very disappointed. I have interviewed numerous Salons in LA an most don't want to hire a Stylist with no clientele. Even the renting salons.. Its just crazy different out here.. Hair is what I LOVE to do. It saddens me to dance with the thought of a different field after all the education of extensive advanced courses & a 2, 257 mile geographical move.. I just am at a loss of what to do. I miss making 6 digits an even mid to high 5 digits.
An my prices are average here in LA, But higher end from where I moved from...

Beautyinhereyes in Fort myers, Florida

11 months ago

Hi all my name is Jennifer I have been a hairstylist for 8 years now, I am fairly new to fort myers fl. I work in a regis owned salon, I realize the area I live in is very seasonal but I need some tips on how to get more people to come see me. I have dropped cards off at places that I can and have done some online advertising for myself. I haven't had anyone come in yet asking for me, I have a few people but not enough to keep me really busy. I really think this area is just bad for businesses I honestly do not know how a lot of them make it. I really feel bad for the area because it really has a lot of potential to grow. But anyway hopefully someone has some advise for me.

Mr Oliver in London, United Kingdom

3 months ago

Hello everyone,
My name is Mr Oliver and i am talking as the happiest person in the
whole wide world today and i told my self that any lender that rescue
my family from our poor situation, i will tell the name to the whole
wild world and i am so happy to say that my family is back for good
because i was in need a loan of $ 100,000 USD to start my life all
over as i am a single mum with 4 kids and the whole world seemed like
it was hanging on me until i met the GOD sent loan lender that changed
my life and that of my family, a GOD fearing lender, Dr.Muhameed, he
was the Savior GOD sent to rescue my family and at first i thought it
was not going to be possible until i received my loan of $ 100,000 USD
on the 5th/Jan/2015 and i will advise any one who is in genuine need
of a loan to contact Dr.Muhameed via email at fastcredit@blumail.org
because he is the most understanding and kind hearten lender.

thanks you all for listening,

Melanie in Jacksonville, Florida

1 month ago

Mile in Skopje, Macedonia said: Hi im a hairdresser for 6 years now
currently im working on a cruise line as hairdresser for 2 years.
I love my job and im pretty good in it because im pick up client pretty well no mater where i am.

but im from Macedonia so i was wondering if anyone know what is the easiest way to get a job in USA as hairdresser ,because im holder on a tourist visa only ,but i dont mind to work for less money while the things are sorted.

thanks in advance

How do you get a job on a cursi

Melanie in Jacksonville, Florida

1 month ago

How do you get a job on a cruise line

Page:  « Previous   1  2   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.