Just got out of school

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (23)

Kama

107 months ago

Jessica in Warwick, Rhode Island said: Are you looking for a hairstyling position? I have a customer service rep position available that I am looking to fill ASAP... would you like some more information?

I live in Indiana is that a problem? What exactally does a customer service rep do?
Thanks, please send me the info.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

dominicana in Scranton, Pennsylvania

106 months ago

Kama, Im looking for a Stylist, Im in Scranto PA, were are you?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Kama Wilson in Muncie, Indiana

106 months ago

Dominicana in Scranton, Pennsylvania said: Kama, Im looking for a Stylist, Im in Scranto PA, were are you?

i live in Indiana sorry but thanks

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Kama Wilson

106 months ago

I GOT A JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Melva Williams in Dallas, Texas

100 months ago

Kama said: I just graduated, and I can't find a job anywhere. How do I get a job if no one wants to hire me with no experiece, outside of school?

Go to Procuts or Supercuts they hire with no experience because they have their own training center.

Reply - Report abuse

Angela U. in Denver, Colorado

100 months ago

Kama Wilson said: I GOT A JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOW YOU DO IT???
Im having the same problem!!!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

louise in Charlotte, North Carolina

100 months ago

hello i graduated and got almost all my hours just need few more to get my license.does anybody know a place when I can complete it?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Cre8tive Concepts in Lansdowne, Pennsylvania

100 months ago

Kama said: I just graduated, and I can't find a job anywhere. How do I get a job if no one wants to hire me with no experiece, outside of school?

Hello, I have a questions for you. What school did you go to?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Cre8tive Concepts in Lansdowne, Pennsylvania

100 months ago

Hello,
I'm looking for Licensed Stylist/Barbers to work in Lansdowne Pa.

check out our website:

www.cre8tiveconceptshairstudio.com

Thanks,

Mgmt

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Cre8tive Concepts Hair Studio in Lansdowne, Pennsylvania

94 months ago

Hi,

I'm currently hiring Licensed Stylist in Pa
Check out website:
www.cre8tiveconceptshairstudio.com

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

kristiehall in Owensboro, Kentucky

94 months ago

I'm just out of school and just passed my boards for my apprentice license in Kentucky i'm thrilled to be out of school and have my license but i cant find a job anywhere it seems that no one wants to hire someone with an apprentice license but in order to get my masters i have to work at least 20 hours a week for six months how can i do that if i cant find a job . I busted my but to get through school i was sometime the first one in class and the last to leave everyday just to get extra hours to graduate so that i could work i have a family who has sacrificed a lot for me to do this i'm starting to feel like i wasted my time oh and my school was such a joke my instructor was so lazy never wanting to teach anything so I need to work so that i can learn has anyone else had this problem.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Shannon in Irving, Texas

93 months ago

Melva Williams in Dallas, Texas said: Go to Procuts or Supercuts they hire with no experience because they have their own training center.

Did you attend the beauty school in Irving Tx?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Melissa in Farmington, Michigan

89 months ago

I'm having issues to........i have my license, got it 4 yrs ago. I never went and used it because i stayed home and had 2 babies....now i'm ready to work but i feel like i don't remember anything! Wish there was a refresher course or something .........any suggestions?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

jen338 in Jackson, Michigan

89 months ago

So i got my license in Jan of this year and i went to a cos school where there was not a lot of clients mostly older ladys. So i dont really have any experience in up do's or men's hair cuts. Where can i get some advance men's hair cutting classes that they can work one on one with you? I cant find them anywhere and when i do there like $700 a class.I am having no luck finding a job because of that!!!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

BSDiva in Lenexa, Kansas

89 months ago

One great way to find a job is to post a photo portfolio of your work. You can do that for free at lounge.beautyschoolsdirectory.com. That way you can prove you know what you're doing, even without years and years of experience in a salon under your belt.

The Lounge, which I linked to above, is also great for networking with other beauty students, teachers and professionals who may know of job openings and be able to hook you up. Not to mention the Lounge has a job listings page where you can apply online. If you know you've got the skills, and you're ready to dive into a career in cosmetology, what are you waiting for??

Reply - Report abuse

as in East Meadow, New York

89 months ago

BSDiva in Lenexa, Kansas said: One great way to find a job is to post a photo portfolio of your work. You can do that for free at lounge.beautyschoolsdirectory.com . That way you can prove you know what you're doing, even without years and years of experience in a salon under your belt.

The Lounge, which I linked to above, is also great for networking with other beauty students, teachers and professionals who may know of job openings and be able to hook you up. Not to mention the Lounge has a job listings page where you can apply online. If you know you've got the skills, and you're ready to dive into a career in cosmetology, what are you waiting for??

we r hiring any cosmetologist looking for a job! feel free to reply back

Reply - Report abuse

BSDiva in Lenexa, Kansas

87 months ago

You should post that job opening on the Loune! They have a jobs section that's free for employers to use. :)

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

kpiersonwolfe@*****.*** in Junction City, Kansas

83 months ago

I can talk to you about making your career start here with me. I have 27 years extra education and have owned my salon since 1984. I have had 15 total employees since and will offer you an opportunity to rent a space. You will tell me your vision for yourself, how you feel about customer service and extra education. I can help you help yourself. Kristi/Krist's Modern Salon Junction City Kansas

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Ken_NY in Holbrook, New York

77 months ago

I'm in the same boat. I really don't know how to break into this business. I thought once I got my license, I'd have a job and be started by now. I have no regrets going to cosmetology school. I have no experience working on clients except in beauty school and luckily it was busy with a variety of people. I graduated with high honors in December. High honors for them that is.lol made their deans list and stayed on it from day one until graduation.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

lauren in Murrieta, California

76 months ago

I agree with "BSDiva". thats how i got my job. i made a creative portfolio with before and after pix of colors/cuts/styles i did, and the fact i was just out of school didnt matter much to them. ive been working 6 months with the salon and am loving it, i got really lucky i found this place. its a private owned place, not a big run corp, so they didnt expect me to learn whole new tecniques, as long as my work is good and clients are happy. so my advice to all you other new stylist is to find a place thats a mama papa shop that wont expect you to conform to their way of doing hair like supercuts, where they want everybody to cut the same, becuase in all honesty every client has diff hair & diff needs, and a limited one technique wont cut it. plus, they care more about getting more clients in and out then the quality.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Jess in Montgomery, Illinois

68 months ago

I've graduated back in July and still can't seem to get work anywhere, although i've been looking into more of working with deceased people. And I feel that's where i'd rather put my license to good use. And That it would help alot of people in need. But I'd not even sure where to get started with that.

Anyone that could help lead me in the right direction?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

ken_ny in Long Island, New York

68 months ago

Jess in Montgomery, Illinois said: I've graduated back in July and still can't seem to get work anywhere, although i've been looking into more of working with deceased people. And I feel that's where i'd rather put my license to good use. And That it would help alot of people in need. But I'd not even sure where to get started with that.

Anyone that could help lead me in the right direction?

Join the club, I just got my license in January and can't seem to find a job, they all want experience or a following. Its tough out there. A desirologist<sp> one who does hair for the deceased you can list your name with funeral homes

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Katrina in New Bedford, Massachusetts

68 months ago

I also graduated 2 months ago and cannot find a job. They all want more experience.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.