NEED NEW BILLING SYSTEM OF ASSISTED LIVING HAIR CLIENTS

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (24)

jan

64 months ago

HELLO,
I CURRENTLY WORK AS A STYLIST AT A GREAT ASSISTED LIVING FACILITY....HOWEVER, WE ARE HAVING A PROBLEM WITH THE BILLING SYSTEM, AND WITH GETTING THE FAMILIES TO PAY WITHIN A REASONABLE TIME FRAME...WE ARE GOING ALMOST SIX WEEKS, UNTIL WE ARE ACTUALLY GETTING PAID FOR SERVICES THAT HAVE BEEN DONE ON OUR CLIENTS.....

DOES ANYONE HAVE SOME SUGGESTIONS OR IDEAS ON HOW THEY BILL THEIR CLIENTS????
I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY SUGGESTIONS,,,,THANKS

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sue May

61 months ago

Hi, I too am a stylist in assisted living and contract 4 other comminutes all but one do the billing through the office with the residents rent invoices also get a % for doing this whcih includes the coverage of water, electric, towel, etc

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

JoAnn in Jackson, New Jersey

61 months ago

I would love to work in a assisted living facility but only have a temporary license in NJ. I moved here from Pa. where I have had a license since 1970 . Have to take the test here. Is there a good opportunity to work there.

thanks for any info. Need to learn shaving techniques to take the test. Also any place to learn how to foil hair for highlighting. I went into the interior design business after many years of hair style and need to brushup. I would be will to pay someone to learn one on one.

Sue May

61 months ago

Hi joanne, Read your comment you might want to ck on taking test over I know someone that moved from Fla to Va and didnt have to take test..You might also try calling a Salon near you that might do apprenticship show you the foiling..I working in assised living a i do go to a "real salon" for my nails and cus becasue most of my employees are too busy during our work time for nails/cuts but I watch and ask the Stylist that does mine we have become friends and she doesn't mind to asking her question about things I have been away from for a while when all you do are seniors you kinda loose the new technics.good luck

mrmooge in Freehold, New Jersey

61 months ago

Sue May said: Hi joanne, Read your comment you might want to ck on taking test over I know someone that moved from Fla to Va and didnt have to take test..You might also try calling a Salon near you that might do apprenticship show you the foiling..I working in assised living a i do go to a "real salon" for my nails and cus becasue most of my employees are too busy during our work time for nails/cuts but I watch and ask the Stylist that does mine we have become friends and she doesn't mind to asking her question about things I have been away from for a while when all you do are seniors you kinda loose the new technics.good luck

Thank you for your response, I will ask around and see if anyone can show me how to do foiling.

Joann

sunfirelisa115@aol.com in Baldwinsville, New York

60 months ago

jan said: HELLO,
I CURRENTLY WORK AS A STYLIST AT A GREAT ASSISTED LIVING FACILITY....HOWEVER, WE ARE HAVING A PROBLEM WITH THE BILLING SYSTEM, AND WITH GETTING THE FAMILIES TO PAY WITHIN A REASONABLE TIME FRAME...WE ARE GOING ALMOST SIX WEEKS, UNTIL WE ARE ACTUALLY GETTING PAID FOR SERVICES THAT HAVE BEEN DONE ON OUR CLIENTS.....

i lease a shop in assisted liv. too. I have clients families to prepay 100.00 -150.00 and then work off that. When i changed my billing to prepay i sent a letter explaining i had rent and other expenses that had to be paid in order to stay open for their convenience. Still, i have a couple that even fall way behind on this system as well but that is my own fault because i don't have the heart to tell their mom i can't do their hair . Hope this helps

jan

60 months ago

Thanks for your email.....I have started the same system that you are doing, we are in the third month of doing this and the prepay of 200.00 was due again today to cover the months of sept and october,but I have only gotten money from one family. I send statements out every month, so hopefully some payments will start coming soon,,,,,,We are lucky enough that we are not paying a rental "YET" but feel it may be coming soon..so for now things are working ok.....I guess nothing can be perfect, and I am thankful for having the opportunity to work with the elderly and I love what i do....Like you, I dont have the heart to say NO.....Thanks again for your advice..Keep in touch...

Sue May

60 months ago

Jan I have 5 community's and four go through the bookkeeper office I turn in salon sheets daily which includes resident name, services, date, signature it's then posted to there monthly invoice so when family's or POA pay's rent it's paid first of month and assisted living pay's me.
I also have one where they pay as they go if residents don't have cash or ck book family can per pay the beginning of each month ..we log in a receipt book if the family send $100.00 we write out so many S/set, h/cut/ ,nails or perm as to what they will need for the month out of the money they send or the family let us know what they want them to have.
Hope this helps
Sue

Patricia in Reading, Massachusetts

58 months ago

I am licensed in MA and would like to work in an assisted living facility as a stylist. How does one find a job if there are no ads in the newspaper...call individual facilities? Thanks for any help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jeannine

58 months ago

Hi....yes you need to call the facilities in your area.....I work at one two days a week, and I am looking for more work on saturdays...I have a list of contacts that I call every few weeks to check in and see if they are looking for a stylist. I leave my name so they become familiar with me..It does pay off to be persistant with these places...........Do you do sets, and if so what kind of products do you use, and what are your steps for doing a good set? I will tell you that sets are most of your services provided in a assisted living facility, so be prepared to do alot of sets...lol! I love my clients, and they have become like family to me, and you will feel the same when you get the opportunity to work at one of these facilities..........Please feel free to contact me when you have the time,,,,,,,,,TAKE CARE..

JEANNINE

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Patricia in Reading, Massachusetts

58 months ago

hi Jeannine, Thanks for your reply. I actually went to school during the "wash cut and blowdry" era, so sets are not my favorite thing, but I can do the basic rollers from front to back, brush out and spray! :) Do you have any other methods? My mother was in a nursing home and recently passed away, but at their salon they did alot of blowdry w/curling iron, esp with the ladies who couldn't sit uner the dryer. Do you do those? Now that my mother has passed I will have time for part-time work and I enjoyed the elderly ladies who I saw all the time...thought I could put my talents to work for a good purpose. I will start making some calls/visits. Keep in touch!

trinaddrin@yahoo.com in Douglasville, Georgia

40 months ago

How did you all get the contracts with the assited living facilities.

srswsue

40 months ago

It's a secret recipe but for $30,000.00 i'll let you in on the secret...No just kidingI wrote letters or called the communities
ans ask if they need stylist if you right letter just say how you work days open ,hrs most in my area like the salon to be open 2-4 days per wk non of the in by 9 out by 12

srswsue

40 months ago

Sorry that was WRITE LETTERS

laurie in Largo, Florida

40 months ago

has anyone heard from the lady who makes the shampoo hoods?

misty720 in Quincy, Massachusetts

36 months ago

Patricia in Reading, Massachusetts said: hi Jeannine, Thanks for your reply. I actually went to school during the "wash cut and blowdry" era, so sets are not my favorite thing, but I can do the basic rollers from front to back, brush out and spray! :) Do you have any other methods? My mother was in a nursing home and recently passed away, but at their salon they did alot of blowdry w/curling iron, esp with the ladies who couldn't sit uner the dryer. Do you do those? Now that my mother has passed I will have time for part-time work and I enjoyed the elderly ladies who I saw all the time...thought I could put my talents to work for a good purpose. I will start making some calls/visits. Keep in touch!

hi just curious if you ended up finding any work as a stylist in a nursing home? Im form Quincy and am looking into assisted living.

Patricia in Concord, Massachusetts

36 months ago

hi- There is a company in Braintree called Resident Salon Services who contracts out stylists to the nursing home/assisted living places around MA. So you work for them and they pay you. I didn't want to do that but maybe it's a good thing.

vtt in Decatur, Georgia

35 months ago

I work in a NH where i turn in receipts at the end of the day and get a check later next day. Receipts go through book keeping. I pay a small rent and keep all I make. Pretty good deal.

35 months ago

Hi- You are lucky to have such a good working situation! How did you find the salon, did you just call places? I would love to do that but it seems that the facilities around here all contract their salons out to staffing companies. Thanks!

sahminma in Rockland, Massachusetts

28 months ago

Resident Salon Services in Braintree,hires stylists and nail techs for skilled nursing, retirement and assisted livings. They supply the inventory, take care of the billing and even pays your taxes, if anyone is still looking for more information regarding this company.

sahminma in Rockland, Massachusetts

28 months ago

Resident Salon Services in Braintree hires hair stylist for skilled nursing, retirement and assisted livings. The supply the inventory and handle all of the billing. If anyone is still looking for information on this company.

28 months ago

hi- Do you work for this company? Do you work at one facility or do you travel around? Do you like the company? Thanks!

milly in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

28 months ago

Patricia in Concord, Massachusetts said: hi- Do you work for this company? Do you work at one facility or do you travel around? Do you like the company? Thanks!

Hello I am a hairdresser and i would like to know how do I get a job in a nursing faclity.

kim in Phoenix, Arizona

15 months ago

I also am living in the Phx area, I am looking for a job in a assistant living community. My question for you Jeanne is how and what makes a good set. what products do you like to use?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.