choices of cosmetology schools in fort worth.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

threebabies in Fort Worth, Texas

35 months ago

ive visited a few and uncertain which to choose. it doesnt help that i live in north ftw near saginaw and am quite a ways away from a lot available in dallas.

here are my options:

toni & guy in keller wanted $600 to begin and offer a day only program. the facility is fantastic (i took my daughters to get haircuts), the distance is maybe 15 minutes from my home, but that pricetag on someone economically challenged (i pestered the admissions rep for the registration fee before i went in, i didnt want to waste his or my time) trying to find a new vocation is impossible.

paul mitchell is about 40 minutes from my home, located in arlington but i hear the contacts and better understanding of hair is stellar, their kit is also packed with awesome stuff.

ogle is a dallas favorite. i went and the facility was nothing to brag about but if im just after my cosmetology license this place would help me get there. im not really stoked about the hours for part-time or full-time. fulltime is 830-430 mon-fri until you hit a certain period then it is 830-430 saturday. evening hours are m-thurs 530-10pm and rotating saturdays. and the location in fort worth is really far from me, its almost in benbrook. their registration fee is 75 bucks.

at this point im still confused as to which to pick. i suppose what i need to know is which would be able to give me the best options when i get out? i have been unemployed for 3 years and know cosmetology would be a perfect fit but i need to know if my school choice will impact my prospects after school finishes? does it even matter? because if it doesnt id gladly pick a school thats closer to me, learn the fundamentals, and obtain my license.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Serenity in Mesquite, Texas

17 months ago

I am in the same predicament. I live in saginaw and ogle is the Closest to us

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Threebabies in Texas

17 months ago

I ended up attending Paul Mitchell and graduating. Already have my license too. After going through it don't stress where you go to school, stress about your job options and capability for marketing yourself enough to attain a decent living. Be prepared for bOoth rent at 100-150 a week, minimum wage plus commission off product, or 100% commission. This is what's facing me as being newly licensed but if you genuinely love the industry, work your tail off, make it happen. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.