How do I become and educator?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Ashley in Lakeland, Florida

74 months ago

Hi, I've been doing hair for 3 years. I work at one of the 3 nicest salons in town (small town), and I really like where I am...but what I really want to do is become an educator for either Tony & Guy...or maybe Aveda...but there is no oppertunity where I live right now. So I'm basically ready to move to a bigger city. I'd really love to live in NYC but from what I've read...you obviously can't just move there and expect life to go perfectly. so...I was thinking I could move to Orlando and try to become an educator there..then..move to NYC...or would that just be wasting my time? should I just go to NYC and start from scratch? How would I even achieve my goals in becoming an educator in the first place? Is this idea ridiculous? I have so many questions..I need a game plan...help???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

MJ in Ruskin, Florida

74 months ago

Hi Ashley,

There are ways of becoming an educator locally. I know Manhattan Hairstyling Academy was looking to add some instructors. They have a location in Brandon which is about 30 minutes from you. There is also Artistic in Brandon and another school in Plant City. You don't have to move to be an educator. If you start in Brandon, you can get some experience and then apply for positions in whatever city interests you.

Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Splithair@bend broad band,com in Redmond, Oregon

17 months ago

Hi, looking for educator job in the north west. Been a educator for Cinderella Hair. Thanks, KB

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.