hairstylist yes /no to companies that contract in nursing homes retirement assisted living facilities

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

I DO HAIR in COLUMBUS, Ohio

19 months ago

Hello all, here I go again....I just was given a 30 day notice at one of my assisted living/alzheimers facilities. I have been there since they opened the building. I love my residents, their families etc. PS Salon has struck again!!
Why do these companies have to come in and take our contracts, promise the facilities the world, and usually don't provide any of what they have promised. Most of my dealings and knowledge of their staff have not at all been caring about the residents or providing hair services that were not at all making families or residents happy. I just think as I have always, the contractor needs to be working in the location also. If you are not there you do not know the residents, your staff and most of all the work they can do. I am in need of a job now. Wonderful news at Xmas....and a Great Happy New Year. I hope for my residents this company finds a good stylist that can do hair, cares and can understand what their needs are.... I feel bad for all of you that have had this happen to you also.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

hairhopper in Saint Louis, Missouri

18 months ago

I just had the same thing happen to me this afternoon. Resident "care" facility my ass. It was made clear it is all about the $. Our salon actually has a budget we are expected to meet, even if some residents are too sick to be serviced. I am brokenhearted and in shock I was given notice...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.