nursing home stylist

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (12)

jeannine

75 months ago

Hello,Please Help!!!! I am going to a nursing home this Monday for
an opportunity to work as a sylist.I need some ideas...pricing,roller sets (been years since I did one), doing,your own taxes ect.???? I wonder if keeping up with the business end of things is difficult, and how and when do you get paid???Sorry for all the questions, just want to be sure I do things right...Also, does the sylist need insurance? Also, any advice on products...?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (49) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Cocoa in Belleville, Illinois

57 months ago

What was the nursing homes looking for when you went did you get contracts are what I am really looking for advice on how to get started could you please help me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

bottone in Lancaster, California

44 months ago

well, in reply to last question. You can do clients at their home at your own risk. If anything happens it's your word against theirs. You might want to and I suggest checking with your local state board of barbering and cosmetology about licensing requirements. The laws are different in every state, and get a business license also. Make sure your malpractice insurance covers you. If you do not check all these things it could cause you to lose your cosmetology license or to be sued if anything may go wrong. I would always suggest you do any chemical services in a controlled salon environment. With the elderly many things can play into effect, medications and skin conditions ect. Any salon that that gives hair services such as chemical, tooled (Hot irons, shears, clipper, or razor cut)requires the salon it's self to be licensed and inspected by the state board. If it is not, do not work there. Depending on which state your in, it could lead to very heavy fines and the loss of your career.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Char , Waterproof, La. in Farmerville, Louisiana

44 months ago

Helllo I am a licensed cosmetologist of 5 years and I love my work and love people of all ages. I am looking into working in nursing homes across Louisiana but I didn't know how to apply or who should I contact to ask any questions about working in the nursing homes. I really need contact information can you help. I looking to a change in my career as I was recently employed on cruise ships as a cosmetologist working in the spa. I really enjoyed it I went to hawaii, alaska, and mexican riverera. Please advise me of any information that would greatly appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

mollomelmac@aol.com in Inwood, New York

38 months ago

I am looking for work as a hairdresser either in a nursing home or an assisted living facility. I am highly experienced and presently work as a hairdresser in an assisted living facility 2 days a week. I am looking for one or two more days. I have been working with the elderly for 5 years now but have 25 years experience as a hairdresser. I would like to stay within the nassau county border...please contact me via e-mail. Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Cade in West Covina, California

30 months ago

a site called www.hairstreet.com just launched in Arizona and you can search out traveling stylists and or stylist with that as their specialty

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

trixie in Aubrey, Texas

30 months ago

how much does cost to rent a salon in a assited living in dallas Tx

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mommer92@yahoo.com in Fort Wayne, Indiana

29 months ago

What does it cost to rent station or shop in Nursing Homes. $150-$250 amonth. How many days do people usually work a week? Are the prices usually setup by the facility or one self? Just thought I would get some feedback. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

travel hair dresser in Bronx, New York

28 months ago

mollomelmac@aol.com in Inwood, New York said: I am looking for work as a hairdresser either in a nursing home or an assisted living facility. I am highly experienced and presently work as a hairdresser in an assisted living facility 2 days a week. I am looking for one or two more days. I have been working with the elderly for 5 years now but have 25 years experience as a hairdresser. I would like to stay within the nassau county border...please contact me via e-mail. Thank you.

Would you give up renting and offer to go into your clients home? look between the pros and cons.Travel hair dressers being going into clients since 2010 and its worth it 100%,with about $20 per day you can make about $500 or more depending on what you are doing,much more convenient than sitting in a salon all day. travelhairdressers.com/travelhairdresser@yahoo.com for more info. We give you the clients, you set your price,you give us a commission. Our clients are waiting for your call ,wedding events,baby showers,the elderly, etc.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Janice Paynes in Belvidere, Illinois

18 months ago

jeannine said: Hello,Please Help!!!! I am going to a nursing home this Monday for
an opportunity to work as a sylist.I need some ideas...pricing,roller sets (been years since I did one), doing,your own taxes ect.???? I wonder if keeping up with the business end of things is difficult, and how and when do you get paid???Sorry for all the questions, just want to be sure I do things right...Also, does the sylist need insurance ? Also, any advice on products...?

Hello my name is Janice and I just recently started my business called "Ooh,la la!" Senior Salon. I have many answers to your questions about working as an stylist at a nursing home or senior living. Please email me at oohlalaseniorsalon@gmail.com I would love to help you or answer any questions you may have.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ooh la la in Waukesha, Wisconsin

18 months ago

jeannine said: Hello,Please Help!!!! I am going to a nursing home this Monday for
an opportunity to work as a sylist.I need some ideas...pricing,roller sets (been years since I did one), doing,your own taxes ect.???? I wonder if keeping up with the business end of things is difficult, and how and when do you get paid???Sorry for all the questions, just want to be sure I do things right...Also, does the sylist need insurance ? Also, any advice on products...?

email me I have answers for you oohlalaseniorsalon@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ooh la la in Waukesha, Wisconsin

18 months ago

Cocoa in Belleville, Illinois said: What was the nursing homes looking for when you went did you get contracts are what I am really looking for advice on how to get started could you please help me.

I started small business inside senior salon if you have any questions please email me at oohlalaseniorsalon@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.