positions in retirement /nursing homes doing the residents

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 445)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

cindy in Columbus, Ohio

86 months ago

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone out there knows of a nursing /retirement village in the columbus ohio area that needs a hairstylist. I have lots of experience but it seems that alot of the nursing homes now want a larger company handling this. I really disagreee with this as I feel that the person with the contract needs to be viible

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (61) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

cindy in Columbus, Ohio

85 months ago

hello, still no replies. I have always had a hard time finding help during vacations sick time etc. I have been looking very hard and I just can't find anything.anyone have any ideas??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

hairmovesinmemphis@yahoo.com in Cordova, Tennessee

85 months ago

I do agree that the stylists that work in the salon of the nursing vacility should be the main overseer of the homehealth salons.

Many times I noticed when an out of state company was incharge of this service, there was a lack, of client comes first, attitude. The stylist should make the money not the ones that do not even touch the hairs of the sick. Doing hair in a nursing home requires much more time and the surroundings are most of the time kinda sad. The stylist has to do all of the leg work on getting each customer and rolling them to the area to where the service is performed.

Many have alheimerzes or dementia. The company collects the charge from the families and then it is several weeks sometimes months before the stylists actually gets paid.
Many customers have contagious scalp disorders and YOU MUST TAKE PRECAUTIONS. Proper hygiene is necessary for yourself as well the customer. There needs to be at least three hairstylist per 100 residents. When one is sick one can fillin. The time involved is more intense than the normal salon scene. All of the above information is written and spoken with experience under my belt and on my hands. The hairsalon in the elderly assisted and nursing home atmosphere should be taken with more consideration than a grain of salt. All hairs are numbered and cosmetologist owe it to the elderly to take care of all their haircare needs in a very professional manner. I understand the medicare and medicad supply a $30.00 allowance towards haircuts and shampoos and perms. Let the stylist collect on her time spent behindthechair.com.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (40) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Mundy

84 months ago

cindy in Columbus, Ohio said: Hello,what I do as a hairstylist in retirement/nursing homes/ alzheimers/ assisted living facilities. This service is so very rewarding. These clients so very much appreciate seeing us each week or when needed. I really think that the person who contracts with these facilities must be required to work in them to. I believe that they need help for filling in or just being able to provide these services if the salons have alot of residents wanting services. I just think that if these facilities contract with companies that are large and do not even provide any of the services on a one on one bases that the personal touch is not there. I personally love my residents and make my self available to the families to discuss their needs and wants. Yes, it is my income, but I care. They are not just a last name on my bookkeeping that some one faxes or mails to me in order to get their pay checks with me operating in a office. Paying the bills for the supplies that they call in because I wouldn't have any idea of the products they need to care for these clients because again I never have met this person. I am sorry to all of you who have never had the opportunity to provide services in this type of setting. It is my calling!!

I work an nursing home and have for past 19years I say it is very rewarding, these little people need extra attion more then evey one knows you will be the last person they truely enjoy and trust to tell you what is wrong my experence has been termindus write to me if you like Monday49@aol.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

trennia in Palm Coast, Florida

84 months ago

Yes, it truly is a calling! I love being a cosmetologist in the nursing home/retirement centers. I have owned and operated 6 salon & spas, a cosmetic make-over studio, and a personal image development studio. I then decided to go into the nursing home after my mother suffered a terrible illness and past away. I tell you, it is better than all the big money, spa atmosphere you could ever imagine. These sweet elderly fall in love with you. You become so attached to them. It was like I was doing my mother's hair. After a battle of cancer and having a double mastectomy myself, I am ready to go back! I can't wait. I have an interview this Saturday that may be a job for me. Pray I get it for me. I would be so happy!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No Reply - Report abuse

hairmovesinmemphis@yahoo.com in Cordova, Tennessee

84 months ago

Hallelluljuah!!!!

Going looks good and you will get it. Do not worry. When one is honest and trustworthy Good Follows. You will at times cross a hurdle and deep waters. One must always remember. "When work is done in the name of the Lord, Walking on water is possible, just as being able to split hairs." Keep up the good work, for the Eyes of A Sparrow are watching over you.
Good day to you
loves in Memphis from the hairmovers

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

cindy in Grove City, Ohio

84 months ago

Hello,
I am so happy to see others feel like I do. It really is so very nice to hear your opinions also. I just hope some day when any of us may be in this situation that someone will be there for us. I am still looking I wish people could just be happy with one or even 4 or 5 contracts, NOT *20** 30** 40**. I do not want to change my profession but it is getting very close to me having to take a job of any kind. Are any of you having this same problem finding these communities wanting to hire a stylist that cares? I now know that if you get the chance to have a contract doing this you should realize that you have the best part of being a hairstylist. We are so lucky!!! Take care to all!
p.s. Good Luck Trennia I hope you get the postion!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

hairminah1@aol.com in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

79 months ago

I've been in the hair business for over 20yrs,I have a small salon fit for two,most of my clients have been with me since cosmetology school,this is truely my passion.I am interested in doing hair for the retired/eiderly,my favorite aunt sufferes from dementia and I visit often. I also bring her to my salon to do her hair,all the residence love her hair and now I would like to do the same for them.I would like if someone who's doing this could enlighten me on how to get started it would be much appreciated. thank you,hairminah1@aol.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

Unemployed in West Palm Beach, Florida

79 months ago

I worked in a SLF and ALF. Just go to each one and ask. That is how the last hairdresser that worked where I did got her job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Mundy

79 months ago

First of all I want to say it is very hard to get into, the nursing home people dont want to leave but I;ve been at the same one for 19yrs and truely enjoy it write and let me know how your doing Mundy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Lisa in Utica, New York

79 months ago

I am wondering how much is a typical service is in your salon? I wouldn't want to overcharge being that the residents are on a fixed income, although I do need to pay the bills too!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

most services start at $30 but 4 the seniors i would give a discount.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

marie in Pompano Beach, Florida

79 months ago

HI,I am a nail tech and i have allwas wanted to work in a nursing home,hospice,etc.When my grandma was in a hospice it was so nice the way they were to her.I am now looking for a job in a hospice,nursing home,ect.so if there is anyone that can help that would be great thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Lisa in Utica, New York

78 months ago

I have recently taken over for a women at a nursing home. She has been the hairdresser for over 20 years. I'm not to fond of the setting lotion that she uses, i'm planning on using a paul mitchell lotion. For all of you experienced wash and set people, do you suggest i tease all over the head or just in parts. Any tips or comments on the sets would be helpful.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Cindy in Columbus, Ohio

78 months ago

Congrats!!This is great!! I love what I do. I have done this for almost 35 years. I use a great deal of very small brush rollers. They are hard to find but I can give you some information where i found some. I use the Generic Paul Mitchell styling lotion at Sally's. I use Design Freedom Perms as they don't get frizzy, work well with all meds they may be taking mostly blue rods. Some like alot of teasing, most like just a little to hold it together. seems like my ladies like alot of curl so if an aide runs a brush in it they still have some curl. I have found a shampoo I really like the (honey almond comes in gallons(at sally's) very reasonable. My prices are fairly good, might be alittle high for some s/s $16, h/c $14 men, $15 for women,perms $60, tints $44. If you haven't heard about the shampoo hood let me know, it saves so much time and much easier on the resident and us.there is a few cheap ones out there but this lady has a patent on hers and they are much stronger and helps prevent (most of the time) getting them wet. Well if I can help more please let me know. Good luck
Lisa p.s. I have a step daughter in Rome Ny. We come to that area 1-2 times a year

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lisa in Utica, New York

78 months ago

Thanks so much! I was planning on using the paul mitchell styling lotion too. Although I'm not big on the generics, as i find them to be watered down. I plan on putting mine in a spray bottle. I'm going on ebay this morning to see about the brush rollers. Do you mean they have the same bristles as the black old fashioned brushes? Seems like they would be hard to clean... Design Freedom seems to be the perm of choice for this women as well. Thats so funny that we all seem to be on the same page with products. The hair spray that I used was by matrix essentials and it's called profoma. I start in 2 weeks, so i have time. Something new that I need is cosm/barber insurance. I honestly have never been asked until now. I'm getting prices from my insurance agent..... Do you set the top rollers to the side or back? I noticed when i went in for my interview, the ladies all had the roller going to the side. I always do a good job, but with new ladies, it might be tough to get them to like my style! Lots of questions i know... thanks Cindy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Mundy

78 months ago

There is a lot to learn in doing there hair in nursing home first of all you have to be patient,second you will be moving in all directions your body didnt know and third you have to move fast,youre least worry is the products first learn about them and easy on the spray

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lisa in Utica, New York

78 months ago

Yes, i can already see my body twisting and moving awkwardly because this salon is pretty small. Patience is something I have with the help of my two little girls! Thanks
So far i have a quote for 150/year with insurance. Broken down monthly isn't that bad. Thanks again for all you comments.

Carol in Hyannis, Massachusetts

78 months ago

I'm having a hard time finding the old yellow brush rollers with the picks,can I order them on line? Also I need to find the extender that you put around there necks that looks like a cape to help with shampoo's when they can't fit in the sink.
Thanks for any help with this,
Carol

Lisa in Utica, New York

78 months ago

I would say ebay.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kymberly in Exeter, New Hampshire

78 months ago

Cindy in Columbus, Ohio said: Congrats!!This is great!! I love what I do. I have done this for almost 35 years. I use a great deal of very small brush rollers. They are hard to find but I can give you some information where i found some. I use the Generic Paul Mitchell styling lotion at Sally's. I use Design Freedom Perms as they don't get frizzy, work well with all meds they may be taking mostly blue rods. Some like alot of teasing, most like just a little to hold it together. seems like my ladies like alot of curl so if an aide runs a brush in it they still have some curl. I have found a shampoo I really like the (honey almond comes in gallons(at sally's) very reasonable. My prices are fairly good, might be alittle high for some s/s $16, h/c $14 men, $15 for women,perms $60, tints $44. If you haven't heard about the shampoo hood let me know, it saves so much time and much easier on the resident and us.there is a few cheap ones out there but this lady has a patent on hers and they are much stronger and helps prevent (most of the time) getting them wet. Well if I can help more please let me know. Good luck
Lisa p.s. I have a step daughter in Rome Ny. We come to that area 1-2 times a year

Hi Lisa,
I too work in a nursing home for the past 11 years. Love, love,love these folks! I'm truly interested with finding out where to get the small brush rollers. I've been online an at sally's. I'm also lookin for info on my rights as a contractor. I need to find out who has the right to increase the prices at the nursing home. I can't get them to go up after 11 years. Everything else has gone up, even the cost of living. They seem to run much to much of my bussiness. any info is much appriecated...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Carol in Hyannis, Massachusetts

78 months ago

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THE SHAMPOO HOOD,AND WHERE TO PURCHASE THEM.
THANK YOU,
CARPL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lisa in Utica, New York

78 months ago

kymberly in Exeter, New Hampshire said: Hi Lisa,
I too work in a nursing home for the past 11 years. Love, love,love these folks! I'm truly interested with finding out where to get the small brush rollers. I've been online an at sally's. I'm also lookin for info on my rights as a contractor. I need to find out who has the right to increase the prices at the nursing home. I can't get them to go up after 11 years. Everything else has gone up, even the cost of living. They seem to run much to much of my bussiness. any info is much appriecated...

cachebeauty.com is a website i found the rollers. put "brush rollers" up in the search box and it brings you to the link. I'm going to order them today. I'll let you know how long they take to ship. As far as who has the rights for increases, i'm confused about that myself. The administrator told me she called around to other homes in our areas and asked how much they charge. I'm just following the price as it's been. It seems as though we would have the right unless we were actually an employee of the homes, which we are not.

Mundy

78 months ago

I also work in a nursing home, what I do is check all the other facitlies around the aera wite them down and price list present to the administrator, and put down what you are asking,explain about everything that has gone up also, plus do they charge you to be there?? Are they taking a cut of youre pay as 20% or what?? So go from there also do you buy the supplies?/ All theses make a difference to but you should have a increase.

78 months ago

Hey Mundy an Lisa,
Thanks for the site! an I wanted to inform ya little more about the questions u asked. I don't get charged to be there, they use to take 10% but that was when they bought the products, now I buy everything. I called 6 county homes in my area, and they all have different types of workers, LNA's that are stylists an get paid at the top of there pay scale an the home buys the products, contractors an they make increases every 2 years, whether it's 2 or 3 dollars. so that's it in a nut shell, Also, to Caroline, the name of the lady is Sharons Hoods, she's great they cost 16.98 and that includes shippin, I always buy 3 at a time cuz I use one for colors,perms,an just to shampoo, I can do lounge beds,wheel chair folks who don't fit on my hydrolic lifter, that tips the wheel chair back into the sink, and it's very safe an they don't seem to be worried about falling, it's no bigger than a triangled shape skate board. it's great, but the address for the hoods is sharon stepp,P.O.Box 435.Lake Villa.IL 60046 (847)356-1935, she's just great. she doesn't have a web site so I call her and give my charge card an she sends them asap.. your gonna love them an her..the pic's don't show it but you put it around the ears,leaving them out, and pull it tight to the forhead, I explain every time i use it that it's tight but they won't get wet.. they don't seem to mind once you explain... good luck... an thanks all... this is just a great site...

Jolene in Eagle Lake, Minnesota

78 months ago

I also work in a nursing home and am interested in the hydrolic lifter for wheelchairs, it does get hard on my back. Could anyone tell me where to get one.

78 months ago

I will gather all the info for ya tomorrow and email the digits and address. I love this lift, and the size that I use in the shop is no bigger than a skate board with a little more length and the shape is a bit wider at one end, but it fits under the wheel chair an locks on the back under bars it's super ease to use an store. Your gonna love it... so off it comes to you tomorrow, if you want a photo, just let me know your email address and I'll send you a pic, and even get one in use, k... ttyl...

dotty in San Antonio, Texas

77 months ago

I am interested in info on Sharon's Hoods....I use a Betty Dain 'funnel' but it doesnt keep water off the face.....does this work better? Also interested in the hydraulic lift that was mentioned............thanks.Dotty

cindy in Columbus, Ohio

77 months ago

I was wondering if any of you know of a hairstylist in the columbus ohio area that may be interested in filling in during times of sick leaves or vacations. I have tried this before then when I call the person they say that will they didn't want a stanger in it
I ALSO USE THE SHARON SHAMPOO HOOD. THEY ARE WONDERFUL I HAVE A GOOD CONTACT ABOUT ORDERING THE SMALLBRUSH HAIR CURLERS Information@williamsportbeauty.com
Tel: 1-888-756-1550
Fax: 1-888-756-1554
Write: Williamsport Beauty Supply, 230 Eastgate Court, Danville, IL 61834
Office Hours: M-F, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. US Central TimeUSH ROLLERS.
WILLIAMSPORT BEAUTY SUPPLY

cindy in Columbus, Ohio

77 months ago

HELLO ALL, I AM SORRY FOR MY PRIOR POSTING. I HAVE BEEN HAVING ALOT OF PROBLEMS WITH MY COMPUTER AND I TOTALLY LOST THE BEGINNING ON MY SENTENCE. WHEN I BEGAN TYPING AGAIN I THOUGHT IT WAS JUST ABOUT THE HOODS AND ROLLERS. SO PLEASE EXCEPT MY APOLOGY FOR THE BEGINNING OF THE LAST POSTING. I WANTED TO SEE IF ANYONE WAS AVAILABLE OR INTERESTED IN FILLING IN DURING SICK DAYS,VACATIONS ETC. THAT HAD EXPERIENCE IN THIS FIELD. I DID FIND SOMEONE IN THE PAST THAT SAID THEY WOULD BE AVAILABLE TO HELP AND THEN THEY WERE NEVER AVAILABLE!!! NEEDED SITTER, ETC ETC ETC. DIDN'T WANT TO WORK ALONE, YOU NAME I GOT IT. THANKS TO ALL. I LOVE WHAT I DO! I THINK WE ALL ARE VERY LUCKY TO HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE SOMEONE SMILE, HAIRSTYLIST ARE APPRECIATED MORE IN THIS AREA THAN ANY OTHER.

77 months ago

Hey Dottie,
I would be happy to share any info you need on both items, but I'm sorry to say that I haven't got that info at home with me, I will send it along this week... You are going to love the lift. If you want to send me your email address I will take a picture of it in use so you can see how ease it is.. It is just a life saver. Also, if you check out the other entries I made it has the phone number an the address on the hoods.. I will wait to here from you soon... ttyl

dotty in San Antonio, Texas

77 months ago

thanks so much! My email address is dottynotdottie1948-classreunion66@yahoo.com I have never seen a lift like you describe. Thanks so much. I am going to go ahead and order the hood from Sharon's Hoods,,,,hopefully it will help. I do hair at 2 nursing homes. thanks again, dotty

Monday49@aol.com

77 months ago

Hi there just read about the lift never heard of it so could you plese, send me a picture of this

Cindy in Columbus, Ohio

77 months ago

I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THE LIFT. I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE PICTURE OF THIS, PRICE AND WHERE IT CAN BE PURCHASED. THANK YOU, CINDY
I ALSO AM STILL LOOKING FOR A FILL IN PERSON FOR SICK DAYS, VACATIONS, BUSY TIMES. GROVE CITY, DUBLIN, HILLIARD AREAS

Jeannine

77 months ago

Hi Cindy,,,,,,,,Help!!!!! I may have an opportunity to work at a brand new nursing home, as a stylist.....I have never done this before, and I need all the guidance I can get.....I am checking with my insurance company for liability insurance and bonding???Are those both needed???? I have no clue about any of this and need some expert advice....The facility is opening in one month...Please email me when you have the time....Thanks for your help, and for the tips you gave on here regarding product and supplies..It was very helpful....Hope to hear from you soon....Jeannine

Jeannine

77 months ago

kymberly in Exeter, New Hampshire said: I will gather all the info for ya tomorrow and email the digits and address. I love this lift, and the size that I use in the shop is no bigger than a skate board with a little more length and the shape is a bit wider at one end, but it fits under the wheel chair an locks on the back under bars it's super ease to use an store. Your gonna love it... so off it comes to you tomorrow, if you want a photo, just let me know your email address and I'll send you a pic, and even get one in use, k... ttyl...

Hi Kymberly..please sent me a pic of this lift....I would like more info on it...sounds great, but not suren of how it works and the purpose, seeing i have never heard of this

77 months ago

Jeannine said: Hi Kymberly..please sent me a pic of this lift....I would like more info on it...sounds great, but not suren of how it works and the purpose, seeing i have never heard of this

hey Jeannine, I have no prob sending you the pics and the address as I just downloaded them to other girls on the site. I just need your email address to send them to ya. k.. ttyl.

77 months ago

Jolene in Eagle Lake, Minnesota said: I also work in a nursing home and am interested in the hydrolic lifter for wheelchairs, it does get hard on my back. Could anyone tell me where to get one.

hey Jolene, just been so busy these dazes, truely sorry about not gettin back to you about the site for the lift, I need your email address to send those pics, and I have the address for it, no prices as mine is about 8 years old now and I'm sure the prices have changed but noticed how long mine beens working, ttyl

Dotty in San Antonio, Texas

77 months ago

If you would share the info you have,,,at least the name of it, in the forum, then everyone would benefit! Thanks!

Jeannine

77 months ago

Thanks Kymberly for the reply....My email address daja91998@aol.com

Cindy in Columbus, Ohio

77 months ago

Jeannine said: Hi Cindy,,,,,,,,Help!!!!! I may have an opportunity to work at a brand new nursing home, as a stylist.....I have never done this before, and I need all the guidance I can get.....I am checking with my insurance company for liability insurance and bonding???Are those both needed???? I have no clue about any of this and need some expert advice....The facility is opening in one month...Please email me when you have the time....Thanks for your help, and for the tips you gave on here regarding product and supplies..It was very helpful....Hope to hear from you soon....Jeannine

Hi Jeannine, I will email u later today i think i saw your email address on this sight sorry i haven't been able to reply sooner cindy

Carol Bartlett in Hyannis, Massachusetts

77 months ago

kymberly in Exeter, New Hampshire said: hey Jeannine, I have no prob sending you the pics and the address as I just downloaded them to other girls on the site. I just need your email address to send them to ya. k.. ttyl.

Kimberly,
Could you send me the pictures of the lift ,I never used bne.
email sscoolchange@verizon.net
Thank You,
Carol

Monday49@aol.com

77 months ago

Hi I would also like to kown more about the skate board left

77 months ago

Ok everyone heres the info for the lift. Shampoo Recline Inc.P.O. box 1501,Jamestown,ND. 58402-1501(701-252-9449)iNVENTORS donald&leone Willy, Hope this helps everyone who is interested in the lift. I'm sorry to say that I have no price to the lift as I purchased mine 8 or 9 years ago so I'm pretty sure the prices have changed, would hate to give out the wrong price, but let me say this! It pays it self back over an over. so enjoy everyone!

Carol Bartlett in Hyannis, Massachusetts

76 months ago

kymberly in Exeter, New Hampshire said: Ok everyone heres the info for the lift. Shampoo Recline Inc.P.O. box 1501,Jamestown,ND. 58402-1501(701-252-9449)iNVENTORS donald&leone Willy, Hope this helps everyone who is interested in the lift. I'm sorry to say that I have no price to the lift as I purchased mine 8 or 9 years ago so I'm pretty sure the prices have changed, would hate to give out the wrong price, but let me say this! It pays it self back over an over. so enjoy everyone!

I tried calling to purchase the lift,but a recording comes on that that number has been disconected.

76 months ago

I will check out that number again on the lift. Sorry all. Will post it soon..

sue

74 months ago

Hi Carol,I'm a stylist and I contract there is a cape called the Comfort Cape will help keep residents dry I have this cape but most of my employees prefer to double cape.You take the first cape put it on front like normal take second cape put long piece in the sink Velcro the front then keep rolling up towards the neck everything up and in like a funnel the resident must slid down and hold head back this works well for us.One of my girls will us a perm bag around neck when a towel then the capes.
We use Matxis Biolage Perms we find older people hair dry or fine
srswsue@aol.com
Thanks Sue

sue

74 months ago

kymberly in Exeter, New Hampshire said: Hi Lisa,

Hi Kimberly their is a supplier Kuhlman Beauty 537 Southlake Blvd.
Richmond, VA 23236 PH: 800-572-4247 that has or can get you the small brush rollers. I prefer the small blue Just tell the guy Reggie Sue May told you to call he will know the one you need.
Also
I have been working in Health Care Salons for 22 yrs and am a Stylist/Contractor too and if you have been working there for 11 yrs and no price increases something is WRONG.Make a new price list I would up sets, cuts $2.00 and perms $5.00 and along with a letter stating that as of a curtain date usually 30 day notice is sufficient the new price will be, explain the cost if supplies, insurance, that it's time for a price increase.
let me know how it turns out good luck
Sue srswsue@aol.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

cat turner in Hernando, Mississippi

74 months ago

I work in nursing home in Memphis for about 8 years. Each home had a different pricing contract.
Even though the families paid for the styles up front the governmet alots $30.00 for each resident each month.

The nursing homes forget to tell the family members this information on purpose. The nursing home then lets the families feed the kiddy that is used for the hair salon expenses.

As best as I remember the prices were 10.00 to 12.00 for a hair shampoo and set.

The haircut and set was $25.00

A perm and h/c and set was $40.00

Manicures #10.00 pedicures $20.00

I think color was about $20.00 plus the set

After you make your record 0f charges the home then takes out $20.00 and you supply the products. It NOT FAIR cause you do all the hard work and deal with the sick. The nursing home salon scene is alot more labor than a regular
salon. At least the nursing home should give you benefits to make up for all of the hard work.

I then stopped doing the nursing homes because they would fall behind on payments. I let one get in the whole for $1,000.00 then I said No More.

At that I started doing only the home bound in private homes. I charged $35.00 for a set.
haircuts only $35.00
Haicut and set $50.00
Perms, cut amnd set $80.00
Manicures 35.00
Pedicures $40.00
together Pedicure and manicure would be $50.00 done at the same time.
I made a good living for 10 years and reported my earning to IRS.

Good luck and I will check back later
cathy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.