Aveda Institute or Arrojo Cosmetology school? What cosmetology school should I go to?

Comments (1)

mileycyrus in Staten Island, New York

48 months ago

Hello everyone!

I just made an account on here and I was looking for some advice on becoming a hairstylist in New York. I'm 18 and I'm currently in the process of getting my GED and then I want to go to cosmetology school and become a licensed hair stylist in the state of New York. The thing is that I can't make a decision on what cosmetology school I should go to.

I've been constantly looking up information on different schools in Manhattan and then I eventually came down to two schools - The Aveda Institute and The Arrojo Cosmetology School.

Both schools have tons of great reviews and seem like the best choices for cosmetology school in all of Manhattan. I've looked up the tuition for both schools and they're a little expensive but both schools have financial aid so money shouldn't be a problem. Both of the schools are also in the Soho neighborhood in Manhattan so they're both really close to me.

I'm just not sure what school to choose. I don't know anyone that's a hairstylist and I can't decide. Can anyone that's been to either school please tell me what school you think I should choose or give me some advice? It would be greatly appreciated! Thank you! <3

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.