Aveda institute entrance exam/ What it's composed of. (I just took it and passed it)

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

taraneel in Cincinnati, Ohio

34 months ago

I just took the Aveda entrance exam and I thought I might share what it was like. I like many other people HATE taking tests. So when I found out there would be an entrance exam for such a prestigious school I terrified. I took this test at the Aveda Fredric’s salon in Cincinnati Ohio. I’m sure they don’t give the same test in every Aveda institute, but I don’t think It’ll be all that different.
The test was primarily composed of SUPER EASY questions like what word does not belong. EXP. Sandwich, cake, spaghetti, lunch. You would of course pick lunch because it’s not a food. Or a question asking you to rearrange the words into a proper sentence such as “rains it when pours it” (exact question on the test lol) You would rearrange this to When it rains it pours. Another type of question they ask is which two words are opposite. EXP. Which word is the opposite of pure? Clean, untainted, innocent, and dirty. Of course you would pick dirty. There was only one math question, it was my last question and I had no time to answer it.
Here are something’s I did not know about the test. When I called and asked for information on the test and what it was composed of, they told me high school subjects….NOT TRUE its primarily English topics and absolutely no science! You have 12 minutes to answer any many questions (95% multiple choice) as you can and even though the thought of that sounds terrible it really only takes a few seconds to answer questions like above. They say you can’t use a calculator and honestly with only 1 math question out of all the questions I answered I can’t say you need one. Although from everything I’ve read thus far, almost everyone seems to say the interviewer leaves the room during. Now I would never TELL anyone to cheat, I’m simply saying that they leave the room, so don’t anyone give me heck about it lol. I relearned long multiplication and division in preparation for this test and that was unnecessary to say the least lol.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

taylor in Cincinnati, Ohio

34 months ago

Hiiii, I know this is weird to leave a comment on here hah but I just read your comments about the entrance test, and I was wondering if you knew a website I could go to so I could practice for the test?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Tara Neel

34 months ago

I tried to find the same exact thing before I took my test, but I would aware on my grandmas grave that You don't need to and can't study for the test. The questions I gave examples from above were from the test I took if you could answer them then you are fine! Don't freak out, I have an iep for test anxiety and this was sooo nothing to stress over and would of been a lot better off not doing so. Its as easy as the questions I posted as hard as that is to imagine. You'll do fine!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tara Neel in Cincinnati, Ohio

34 months ago

GAHHHH i am never replying to anything via phone again lol! I hope you got the gist of it!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Tara Neel in Cincinnati, Ohio

34 months ago

Please excuse any errors on my last reply, I typed it on my phone. I wotn make that mistake again lol!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jessica in Corpus Christi, Texas

31 months ago

Im about to take the test tomorrow and i was told its 100 questions long and half is math and percentages, im horrible at math and really scared i wont pass

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

wired1967 in Belleville, New Jersey

24 months ago

Tara email me about the entrance exam I need to speak with you more in depth about it because you have an iep. I'm at wired1967atyahoodotcom. Thank you and I hope you see this.

hairluv25 in San Antonio, Texas

4 months ago

Jessica in Corpus Christi, Texas said: Im about to take the test tomorrow and i was told its 100 questions long and half is math and percentages, im horrible at math and really scared i wont pass

How did you end up doing Jessica? I take my test next week and am a bit concerned myself -_-

Kimberly

4 months ago

hairluv25 in San Antonio, Texas said: How did you end up doing Jessica? I take my test next week and am a bit concerned myself -_-

good luck to you!
Im worried about the test as well :-\...will be taking it soon
Let me know how it went

Kimberly from san antonio, tx

4 months ago

hairluv25 in San Antonio, Texas said: How did you end up doing Jessica? I take my test next week and am a bit concerned myself -_-

good luck to you!
Im worried about the test as well :-\...will be taking it soon
Let me know how it went.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.