Cosmetology Refresher courses

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 268)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Jaz in Attleboro, Massachusetts

73 months ago

Does anyone know of any place or persons in Massachusetts that offer cometology refresher class for someone that graduated from beauty school back in 2001 but never got their license? Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (172) / No (28) Reply - Report abuse

mike in Indiana, Pennsylvania

72 months ago

Jaz in Attleboro, Massachusetts said: Does anyone know of any place or persons in Massachusetts that offer cometology refresher class for someone that graduated from beauty school back in 2001 but never got their license? Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

they give refresher courses approved by the massachusetts state board in Providence RI. If you call the cosmetology board ,they might be able to point you in the right direction.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

lp in Johnston, Rhode Island

71 months ago

Jaz in Attleboro, Massachusetts said: Does anyone know of any place or persons in Massachusetts that offer cometology refresher class for someone that graduated from beauty school back in 2001 but never got their license? Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

I don't have an answer because I am searching also.I need to refresh color and new methods of cutting. Seems all the schools in ri offer the full 1500 hr course. Good Luck I hope someone out there has an answer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

martha sidney in Raleigh, North Carolina

70 months ago

i can't find a reresher course at any school in north carolina.What should i do i was injured and i thought i would not be able to return to cosmetic art, but now i can't find a refresher course.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

SHONTEL in Winston Salem, North Carolina

70 months ago

martha sidney in Raleigh, North Carolina said: i can't find a reresher course at any school in north carolina.What should i do i was injured and i thought i would not be able to return to cosmetic art, but now i can't find a refresher course.

HEY I'M IN THE SAME BOAT BUT I ACTUALLY TOOK STATE BOARD AND DID NOT PASS BACK IN 1991. I FOUND DUDLEY'S COSMETOLOGY IN KERNERSVILL NC, THAT OFFERS A 5 WK REFRESHER PROGRAM BUT ONLY FOR SOMEONE WHO 1. HAS COMPLETED 1500 HOURS 2. WHO WILL BE TAKING STATE BOARD IN ANOTHER STATE. TRY CALLING THEM THEY MIGHT BE WILLING TO HELP YOU. GOOD LUCK!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

desiree savary in Brooklyn, New York

69 months ago

I am a hairstylist and I'm looking for places in new york where i can take advance classes in cuttting and coloring.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

shari in Highland Falls, New York

69 months ago

desiree savary in Brooklyn, New York said: I am a hairstylist and I'm looking for places in new york where i can take advance classes in cuttting and coloring.

Capri Cosmetology learning center gives extra classes... Newburgh NY or nanuet NY

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

letama in Harrisville, Rhode Island

68 months ago

Tabitha Dittenber in Grand Rapids, Michigan said: trying to find cut and color refresher classes.

Don't really know the answer but this is what I'm doing. I have been buying dvd's and searching the net for free classes in all aspects of hairdressing. I think if you called a hairdressing school in your area they could point you in the right direction.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

fhogan1977@yahoo.com in Mahwah, New Jersey

68 months ago

shari in Highland Falls, New York said: Capri Cosmetology learning center gives extra classes... Newburgh NY or nanuet NY

yes capri schools do give refresher courses i think its $350.00 it gives you the kit and 10 classes to brush up on.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

georgiagirl_gapeach@yahoo.com in Richmond Hill, Georgia

67 months ago

I am looking for a refresher course so take the practical exam. I graduated in 2004. I cant seem to find a place or even a private instructor that offers it. If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

letama52 in Harrisville, Rhode Island

67 months ago

My suggestion is try the library. Search for a cosmetology book and go on-line and find out where the exam will take place and what date.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

georgiagirl_gapeach@yahoo.com in Richmond Hill, Georgia

67 months ago

letama52 in Harrisville, Rhode Island said: My suggestion is try the library. Search for a cosmetology book and go on-line and find out where the exam will take place and what date.

I know when and where to take the exam. I need help with a run through of the exam it's self. What they want,what to expect ect.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

I'm pretty sure if you still have your book from cosmetology school just revue every category. There will be a written test on things like cleanliness and proper sanitation. Also, some hands on things to do. It really isn't hard at all. In fact the library probably has examples of the exam itself. I found the exams for getting my GED that way. My two sisters were upset they went to school for weeks and all I did was study the test and took exams for 2 days and we all graduated together(GED). Just remember the cosmetology exam is from the Board of Health so it will mostly pertain to safety of clients, cleanliness and proper sterilization. I remember that alot of the questions were basic common sense. Hope this helps you and good-luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

shontel in Winston Salem, North Carolina

67 months ago

thanks for the information......

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

You are welcome. Hope it will help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

blowhairs in Los Angeles, California

65 months ago

COSMETOLOGY REFRESHER COURSES---Does anyone know of any Place in Los Angeles, Calif. that offers Cosmetology Refresher-Hands-on-Courses for styling, cuts and color at Reasonable Tuition ? ? ? I have my License- already - but need current (hands -on) help..... ...Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (34) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

rw121781@netzero.net in Ware, Massachusetts

65 months ago

jolie in ludlow offers refresher courses and you are able to choose the area in which you need help i am going this week

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

65 months ago

where is this place and how much is it?

Ms.Curtis in Dallas, Texas

65 months ago

Does ayone know of a good Cosmetology school that offers a refreshers course in Dallas,Tx.I took cosmetology years ago in high school and the state of TX is still recognizing my hours.Now I just need a good school with great reviews on refreshment courses.As well as the cost of tuition.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (52) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

andee in Odessa, Texas

65 months ago

hey im in the same situation and i found a place in garland called the nayional beauty college. They offer a 149 hour refresher course for people that already graduated but need their license.

national beauty college
149 w. kingsley #230
garland,tx. 75041

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

nachalin in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

64 months ago

do anyone know about any refresher classes that meybe offered in the pittsburgh are i have been out of the field for about 8 years and i wanted to get back into the field

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

pink in Grand Ledge, Michigan

64 months ago

I'm looking in Lansing Michigan for a refresher course in Lansing. I just don't understand why they don't offer some thing like that.

back in business!!! in Winston Salem, North Carolina

64 months ago

hey ladies & gents... all those looking for refresher courses:
i completed my 1500 hours of cosmetology in 1991 and needed a refresher course to take my state board exam and i looked, looked, and looked until i finally found a cosmetology prep school right here in winston salem nc. as long as you have completed all your hours for cosmetology, nail tech, shampoo-ist, etc... this lady (mrs. mary jeffreys) will be able to assist you. no matter what state you are located in.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Cosmetology Resources in Atlanta, Georgia

64 months ago

We offer refresher courses. We are located in Atlanta, GA near the airport. We may be contacted at tooglamspasalon@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

javetta in Pflugerville, Texas

63 months ago

Ms.Curtis in Dallas, Texas said: Does ayone know of a good Cosmetology school that offers a refreshers course in Dallas,Tx.I took cosmetology years ago in high school and the state of TX is still recognizing my hours.Now I just need a good school with great reviews on refreshment courses.As well as the cost of tuition.

Vogue has a refresher program. They test you to see how many hours you will need and charge you based on that information.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

styleboxsalon in Ogallala, Nebraska

63 months ago

Move to Nebraska the good life. Joseph's College of Beauty is a good school. www.styleboxsalon.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Palmetto Beauty in Greenville, South Carolina

63 months ago

Palmetto Beauty School in Spartanburg, SC, offers refresher courses. Check them out at www.palmettocosmo.com

rwbrooms@yahoo.com in Smyrna, Georgia

63 months ago

georgiagirl_gapeach@yahoo.com in Richmond Hill, Georgia said: I am looking for a refresher course so take the practical exam. I graduated in 2004. I cant seem to find a place or even a private instructor that offers it. If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

hello georgia girl, i'm in the same boat y r n, have u found anyone yet, please email me or call me rwbrooms@yahoo.com

mnm603@yahoo.com in Springfield, Missouri

63 months ago

I've read alot about the refresher courses on here, any chance there is info for classes in Springfield/branson MO?

63 months ago

I just saw a whole list all the way to Mn. it comes up ctrl listing so open it just punch in refresher courses in search box

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

michelek in Mableton, Georgia

63 months ago

rwbrooms@yahoo.com in Smyrna, Georgia said: hello georgia girl, i'm in the same boat y r n, have u found anyone yet, please email me or call me rwbrooms@yahoo.com

I am a licensed instructor who offers this class. You can contact me through email: michele11758@yahoo.com. I have references that you can contact for verification. Please type Cos review class in subject line. Thanks, hope I can help

63 months ago

georgiagirl_gapeach@yahoo.com in Richmond Hill, Georgia said: I am looking for a refresher course so take the practical exam. I graduated in 2004. I cant seem to find a place or even a private instructor that offers it. If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

I am a licensed instructor who offers this class. You can contact me through email: michele11758@yahoo.com. I have references that you can contact for verification. Please type Cos review class in subject line. Thanks, hope I can

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Learn to Do Hair Extensions and Wigs... in Dallas, Texas

63 months ago

Learn as many skills as you can. That will keep the clients coming.

www.AmidBeauty.com teaches you how to make lace wigs for less! That will be a new niche in your town and you can make lots of money by introducing the new style to your clients. Many celebrities are wearing the lace wigs already! Now this information is available to the public..... No beauty license necessary.

My clientele has boosted 50% just by adding wig and extension services.

Also, read as many hair magazines as you can. That is how you can stay informed on the latest trends.

student in Aurora, Illinois

62 months ago

Hair Professionals,In Oswego,Ill offers a refresher coarse.Contact Kathy or Katie

Graduate 1992 in Aurora, Illinois

62 months ago

hp:the college
Offers refresher coarse 250 hrs.5460 Route 34 Oswego,Ill 60543 Ask for Kathy or Kathie.(Excellent training)
2245 Gateway Drive Sycanore Ill 60178 or 10321 S.Roberts
Rd.Palos Hills Il 60465 For more Info contact one of the listings.

Hair Professionals
P.O.Box 40
5460 Route 34
Oswego,Ill 60543

Kimberly Johnson in Albany, Georgia

62 months ago

I live albany Ga. for the moment in between jobs i really would like to take my state boards so that i can continue youon with the career however i have not been in a salon setting and would love nothing more then to be in a salon working then waiting tables for a diner. i am a single parent and have called to every salon in my area asking to just be a shampoo girl no luck, do anyone know how i can make the extra money to get those licesnce and also get a refresher course i do not know what else to do i have no money and have been struggling for some time now i just want to do the thing that i am good at the most hair braiding and natural hair is my specialty but love it all and particular a favorite of pedicuring please help me give some advice i am broke at the library been looking up the cosmo continuing ed no luck

62 months ago

I know of a website that offers continuing ed for a very decent price. It is elitecme.com. Good luck

SuZQ in Boston, Massachusetts

62 months ago

Our company offers the state board cosmetology kits. Go to www.cosmebeautica.com.
We can help you to prepare for your exams and arrange refresher education through a private Massachusetts Cosmetology School.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lando girl in Bahamas

61 months ago

looking for training courses in orland /mostly for short hair cut long shierl layers ans fusions

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

summer1

61 months ago

I live in Sarasota FL and already have my license. I'v been out of the feild for about 2years and really miss cutting hair but think a refresher class would help me out a great deal does any one know of a place around here that offers refresher courses. thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Russett97 in Carmichael, California

61 months ago

Anyone know of refresher courses in the Sacramento area? I'd really like to pass my practical exam, but can't seem to do it without some outside help. The schools here don't seem to offer anything but the regular cosmetology classes. I don't need to go completely back through school, I just need to know how to pass the practical. Help!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

PJD in New Port Richey, Florida

61 months ago

Looks like there aren't any refresher courses in the Florida area either?? Does anyone know of one near Tampa area? I will travel if I have to. I received my license in March of this year but I need more confidence and training in some areas. If anyone knows of refresher courses in Florida, PLEASE let me know, Thanks so much!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

e-rock in Easton, Pennsylvania

60 months ago

fhogan1977@yahoo.com in Mahwah, New Jersey said: yes capri schools do give refresher courses i think its $350.00 it gives you the kit and 10 classes to brush up on.

Just called Capri, the refresher course totals just over $2500 and includes the kit and 250 hours. Its a little steep but seems like all the schools are similar. They all seem to average $10 per credit hour. I think I will just study up on my own and wing it! whats the worst that can happen?? I fail and then I will take it again and know what to expect. I'll save a fortune that way. Oh and BEWARE... I believe all states have a maximum amount of time in which you can take your board exams after graduation, if you exceed that time frame you must start over from the beginning. New Jersey is 5 years and PA is 7 years.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

LETAMA52 in Pascoag, Rhode Island

60 months ago

THEN I DON'T NEED A REFRESHER COURSE BECAUSE I HAVE MY LICENSE I WILL CATCH UP ONMY OWN. NOT WILLING TO PAI 2500

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

PJD in New Port Richey, Florida

60 months ago

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it! Good Luck to you! Pam

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

clee in Rosemount, Minnesota

60 months ago

I am looking for a NEW trend class Ive been out of the salon for 2years and wanting to learn the newest techniques.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Hairjazz in Saint Louis, Missouri

60 months ago

Does anyone have any information about Refresher Courses in the Los Angeles area?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

krauslt@yahoo.com in Atlanta, Georgia

60 months ago

I want to set up a refresher course hair school in atlanta ga. What all do I need to do that. Where do I start. I already have the location and space. I just need someone to tell me what next to do
Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

letama52 in Pascoag, Rhode Island

60 months ago

just type it in on-line in seek box and it will tell you

michelek in Austell, Georgia

60 months ago

I would imagine that since you're calling it a school that offers a refresher course, you'd have to be a licensed instructor at the very least. I could be wrong but the best way to find out would be to contact the GA State Board of Cosmetology. From there you'd have to obtain a business license in the county you're going to be located in. Decide whether you want to incorporate, form an LLC, or just keep the business as a single proprietorship. You know the government always wants a piece of your action so it's best to oblige. If not, they always have a way of catching up....if you know what I mean. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.