Hair Extensions

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 332)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

Nicole524 in Huntington Beach, California

77 months ago

Monica in Miami, Florida said: Someone Recommends dream catchers?
what do you think about the method ?

DC has many pluses and minuses. I hate to bash them, but honestly the hair isn't really that good for the longterm. I've had many girls come to me with tangled messes who use DC. I end up having the fun job of removing and replacing it. I try to ask them what happened/what they did to see where the fault lies, and in most of the cases it's really the hair. Again, I don't like to say bad things, but obviously there's at least a problem with quality of the hair. Now, I'm sure that there are a lot of happy people out there who really like the DC hair, so the hair obviously works for people.

Maybe if the hair wasn't marketed as reusable, it wouldn't be such a surprise when the hair looks so bad after one or two readjustments. There is obviously is a factor of bad quality that needs to be considered with DC.

That being said, you would be much better off trying a company like Hairlocs, Cinderella, or Aqua Hair Extensions (they're kind of new, but my stylist friend in NYC says good things about them).

Hope that helps....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

candi cooper in Lake Manor- Chatsworth, California

77 months ago

Cinderella is my Favorite!
Peace,
Candi

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

niki in Brooklyn, New York

77 months ago

I am an educator for microchet...have been doing them for a little over a year.
You can contact me at niki@nikizcolorz with any questions you might have.
or i can email you my number.

Brittany in Lutherville Timonium, Maryland

77 months ago

where can i get microlink hair extentions that are cheap and really good? my friend knows how to put them in so i just need to buy supplies

77 months ago

Call My supplier " Giovianni" at (818) 908-0809 ask for Steve and tell him Candi sent ya!
They ship all over.

Peace,
Candi Cooper
www.myspace.com/candishairextension

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

araceli ibarra in Mount Vernon, Washington

77 months ago

I would love to get information on the cost of your class please contact me @hairspaandmore@yahoo.com my name is Araceli

77 months ago

Hi Aracell,
I would love to teach you Hair Extensions, what method are you looking to excel in?
I teach privately one on one so you will get my full attention. Each class is customized to your specific interests. Please call me so we can talk further. (818) 992-6657 or (818) 317-0487

Peace,
Candi
www.myspace.com/candishairextension.com

sarah in Burbank, Ohio

77 months ago

Kelly in Jacksonville, North Carolina said: Has anyone done hair extensions? I'm a licensed cosmetologist and have been for 6 years now and I have never done them yet. I want to attempt them on myself and would like to know if anyone has any pointers? I wanted to go with the pre-bonded ones with the heating tool. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

PLEASE DON"T DO THEM YOURSELF!!!! as a licensed stylist and hair extension expert, it is extremely difficult to do them yourself. I can't even do them on myself. they won't look right and won't last as long as they would if you had them professionally done

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

sarah in Burbank, Ohio

77 months ago

niki in Brooklyn, New York said: I am an educator for microchet...have been doing them for a little over a year.
You can contact me at niki@nikizcolorz with any questions you might have.
or i can email you my number.

are they really as good as they sound? right now i have socap keratin tipped fusion extensions in and i am not happy with them. i have had them in for not even a month and have already lost about 6-8 pieces. they aren't comfortable and they don't look good. they look very thin at the ends even when i had all of the pieces in. i had 160 pieces in but it feels and looks like i only have about 50 pieces in. i want to be able to get closer to my hairline without them being noticable and closer to the part in my hair to make it look more natural. i have thick curly hair will this method be good for me? i also have a friend who has thin fragil hair will this method be good for her. i will email you i just wanted to send you one here too. my email is cutiepie2004_824@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Wytte.Rayne in Oshawa, Ontario

77 months ago

Can somebody tell me more about clip-ons?? I like the idea that I can take it off if I want to. Right now I have a synthtic clip-on piece. It's soo hard to comb through. Is it possible to buy real hair cip-ons??

niki in Brooklyn, New York

77 months ago

Absolutly! Ever heard of Jessica Simpson and her stylist Kevin Paves? The hair they advertize are clipons. So is the hair from that hairdresser w the long hair and the cowboy hat... sorry i just now forgot his name...it's waaay too early. Also, you can have them custom made. This is when you buy the hair weft of your choice and have someone measure the sections to your head, cut them and sew on clips. They have to be numbered so you know what piece was custom fit to what part of your head.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

Yes they can be purchased. What state are you in? Also I can make custom clip ons from Human Hair for you. Call me for more info. (818) 992-6657

Peace,
Candi

www.myspace.com/candishairextension

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

avanaco in Van Nys, United States minor outlying islands

76 months ago

Hi

What are the types you using in hair extension?
me too have an idea about using wigs?

monica in Oxford, Massachusetts

76 months ago

where do celebrities get human hair extensions from ? I hope it's not from the people that donate to cancer patients

Anna in Los Angeles, California

76 months ago

Kelly in Jacksonville, North Carolina said: Has anyone done hair extensions? I'm a licensed cosmetologist and have been for 6 years now and I have never done them yet. I want to attempt them on myself and would like to know if anyone has any pointers? I wanted to go with the pre-bonded ones with the heating tool. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Honestly, I have had every type of extension method out there. And I do hair extensions as well. I would NOT reccomend pre bonded hextnsions. They are a mess. The bonds eventually become weak and the hair sheds all over the place. I broke a vaccum cleaner because i had shed so much hair. PLUS using heat , glue, and acetone (bond remover) is NOT good for weak or damaged hair! (Expecially bleached hair, which is %75 of my clients) I would reccomend the micro link process. It is non damaging to the hair and comfortable to wear. I have done a lot of extensions with this method, and it works well. Just make sure to use "threaded" Links because they hold much better. And removal is VERY easy. You can buy the links on EBAY for Cheap.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

sandy

76 months ago

Lizette in Saddle Brook, New Jersey said: I also shop at sultry or hairpiece.com but I am always looking for great hair suppliers. If anyone know please contact me.

Thanks,
Lizette

sexyhair4u.mysite.orange.co.uk/

need to find some one who does microlinks at a good price in new york upstate

Ashley in Nashville, Tennessee

76 months ago

If you go to
www.jetsetextension.com

They have great remy cuticle hair. It helps to buy a color ring to match your hair up.
One thing I have noticed is that out of all of the hair textures, the Body wave one seems to tangle for some reason. The rest are awesome.

Hope this helps!!!

Salem in Spring, Texas

75 months ago

I am looking for someone to do the Microchet Hair Extension technique on my hair in the Houston, TX area. Has anyone out there had this done? Are you aware of any stylists or a salon where I can get this done?

Thank you,
Salem

Rita in Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts

75 months ago

Hello All,
I'm looking for a styles that is between boston and new york that is experienced with hair fusion and microchet that can explain the difference to me and recommend one or the other for me. i've been wearing braids and weaves for as long as I can remember. My hair is very thin and has even fallen out around the edges from getting the braids done.

Thank you,
Rita

nikired in Mesa, Arizona

75 months ago

Hi am actually located out of NYC...Manhattan/Brooklyn. Just using my sister's computer in Az.
Ok... I am experienced in both Microchet and fusion.
The differences:
Microchet has no heat, no keratin bonds to melt down, no glues necessary. They are tied in with a piece of cotton threading. They are attached with a crochet hook by a "noose" that is on the end of the extension piece. Microchet touches the smallest surface space of your own natural hair than any other product on the market today. It has the least opportunity to damage the cuticle and fibers of your hair.
Fusion uses heat and some sort of bond that has to be melted and then cooled onto your hair, be this either glue, keratin, resin...et al.
The coverage area on your own natural hair is anywhere from 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch...or more if you are dealing with an inexperienced stylist.
Normally, with most types of non weft type of extension systems-i.e. strand on strand- if there are 150 strands of hair per piece, you attach it to 150 strands of natural hair growing from your scalp.
This allows an even weight distribution, less chance of dredding up or tangeling, and it's pretty hard to pull your own hair out of your head if done properly.
Microchet is a bit different in this regard. If there are 150 strands of hair per extension piece, it is attached to between 50-75 strands of naturally growning hair. Because the Microchet is so lightweight and because there is no extra added wieght from hardened bonds, this uneven weight distribution is ok when executed properly. However, the caveat is that you need to be much more gentle. It is easier to pull your own hair out of your head if you are too rough with your hair. Microchet will not break down so you can use any products you want to, as well as flat irons, curling irons and hot blowdryers. The fusions methods need more care in this regard. You usually have to be careful what products you choose to use, as well as refrain from heat.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

nikired in Mesa, Arizona

75 months ago

To complete my thought, as I ran out of room...sorry....
I like both methods... I feel that Microchet is more comfortable to wear, much less detectible (I can wear them right near the very front of my bang area, and near my part and no one ever can tell, and less stressful on the surface of the hair. But you do have to be more gentle with the handeling of your hair while wearing Microchet, as well as a bit more mainenance. I like my clients to change out the Microchet every 2-3 months to prevent dredding, tangling, and pulling.
The fusion methods are faster, you can leave the extensions in for a longer period of time usually, you can customize the thickness of the extension to be added to the hair, however there is more opportunity for the fusion to damage the surface fibers of your natural hair.
In the end it's up to you. If you like, and are in the NY area, I can put about five of each type in your hair and you can decide which is best for you.
please check out my website
www.nikizcolorz.com
feel free to call me with any other questions you might have or email me directly.

75 months ago

Do you have a website so that I can see some of your work?

Anna in Simi Valley, California

75 months ago

75 months ago

Sorry I didn't read your second comment before asking about your website info. I'm going to check out your website and I'll be in touch. Thank you for all of your feedback and clarifing the difference for me.

Mahaqni in Miami, Florida

75 months ago

Yes I do but at this time is under construction give me you email address I will send you some pic

Mahaqni in Miami, Florida

75 months ago

Mahaqni Cocktails for your hair, there natural treatments made in front of you. Every women want's great hair rather there wearing hair extensions or they natural hair. Email me for training or teatments.

mahaqnib12@aol.com

75 months ago

Could you send the pictures to antoniar3@yahoo.com and s_rainey2000@yahoo.com thank you.

Rita

BILLIONAIRE HAIR in Brooklyn, New York

75 months ago

please view my web site below :

www.onetalentsource.com/portfolio/953/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
thank you for your interest. My extensions range in all prices as they are done proffessionally.....

these below are all hair extensions, i can schedule a time this week to speak further to you. i would just like u to take a look at my work.

thanks so much for replying

hope to be working with you soon ;)

thanks, again

HAIR ARTIST/MASTER EXTENSION ARTIST
NYC hair artist available for Print , Runway ,Weddings, Video

Hairstylist for Fashion & Music Entertainment
Anywhere IN THE WORLD
hairstyling,men's grooming,natural hair care,braids,extentions
Print advertising-music video-touring-live performance- commercial-runway- CD cover/packaging,TELEVISION

E- mail : JEANENEBARRETT@AOL.COM

CALL:347-683-7922
JEANENE B

Angela in Staten Island, New York

75 months ago

Contact info:

www.hairgoddessofny.com

Christina- 347 659 1197 xxhairgoddessxx@aol.com

Her work is amazing, she travels to you, & it looks really natural. The quality of hair has last me 2 years so far. The hair is reusable.

AffordableHairExtensions in Grand Rapids, Michigan

75 months ago

lilly in Miami, Florida said: Hi
I am a vendor who wholesales Human Hair . If you are interested
to buy please contact me at 954-384-7690. Or lillychawla11@yahoo.com

Do you have a website so we can see your prices and
the types of hair your offering to sell to us
stylists looking for lower cost hair in bulks?

TY

ANYONE know of manufacturing companies giving
special rates for heavy turn overs?

75 months ago

I am not new to the hair extension industry just to the
market of finding a manufacturing company, or place
where I can buy my hair at a little lessor of a cost
that most places that sell hair are charging. I see
so many places out there listed but there all about
the same prices. Then, there is that risk that
the hair is not as great as they made it out to be
or eeek is not Bohyme hair, remy, ect...

Who to trust? Where to buy?

Also, I personally love the fusion extensions. I do not like the other processes because they show metal when the wind blows, and as for great lengths I'd never pay that for hair extensions..the pre tipped extensions work
fabulous if applied correctly =)

Help on wholesale HAIR ANYONE =0)

TY

75 months ago

I am just so excited to have found this forum, such wonderful advise and at the same time very professional.

Is Microchet the most popular, it seems so hard
to do and where to learn if in Michigan?

I am now learning how to do fusion, strand by
strand.

What is the difference between 100% remy straight, wavy whatever compared to Bohyme hair?

So confusing?

Maybe a site to go to for me to learn more about this.
I have learned or been told Yaki hair is a more textured
hair and used more on ethnic hair, some say no some say yes?

=( Oh my my I am NOT going to start doing unknown clients until I am 100% ready for all this.

Help =)

TY

Harris in Pompano Beach, Florida

75 months ago

We sell Indian Hair . if interested go to humanhairimports.com. contact Harris

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Indian Gold in Spijkenisse, Netherlands

75 months ago

We sell High quaity Indian human hair extensions by the brandname of: Indian Gold.

We have: Pre-bonded hair extensions, Hairweft and Skinweft all in the highest quality 100% Indian, Remy ,Double drawn, human hair in 25 colors.

You can see our website for more information on: www.worldhair.nl/en/shop/home/

Cj in Grand Rapids, Michigan

75 months ago

BILLIONAIRE HAIR in traveling hairstylist said: :) HI, IM going to have to give you something to think about
UN trained or unlicensed stylist be careful of....i have done kamora lee hair in her guest room? IT DOESN'T mean you don know what u doing it's more who's DOING YOUR HAIR!!!
TRUST ME CELEBRITIES DON'T GO TO SALONS.......

BE WISE MY DEAR PLEASE:

JEANENEBARRETT@AOL.COM (IF U WANT HELP[/QUOTE

I have to DISAGREE there are MANY ladies out there that
are not LICENSED stylist and do hair extension better
than the ones that are licensed to cut hair...been there
and DONE THAT ;) Shouldn't JUDGE =)

We sell hair for less! in Grand Rapids, Michigan

75 months ago

We sell hair for the BEST prices!

U- tipped hair Grade A - B - C?
I have it...

Name your color? Length?

100 % real human cuticle Asian hair!

Email me for more details @

affordableextentions4u@yahoo.com

We sell hair for less! in Grand Rapids, Michigan

75 months ago

We sell hair for less! in Grand Rapids, Michigan said: We sell hair for the BEST prices!

U- tipped hair Grade A - B - C?
I have it...Hairweft, clip in's

Name your color? Length?

100 % real human cuticle Asian hair!

Email me for more details @

affordableextentions4u@yahoo.com

Hair tools as well are now avail.

75 months ago

BE WISE MY DEAR PLEASE:

JEANENEBARRETT@AOL.COM (IF U WANT HELP[/QUOTE

I have to DISAGREE there are MANY ladies out there that
are not LICENSED stylist and do hair extension better
than the ones that are licensed to cut hair...been there
and DONE THAT ;) Shouldn't JUDGE =)

WISE I AM MY DEAR>>>>

I AM NOT JUDGEING WHAT I AM DOING IS TELLING YOU
WHAT I KNOW!
ANYONE CAN GO TO ANYONE THEY FEEL BUT WHEN
YOU ARE DEALING WITH GLUE AND HAIR LOSS
DONT PLAY!!!!! THIS IS WHY WE HAVE ALOPECIA IN THE AFRICAN AMERICAN COMMUNITY MAJOR... I AM SO UPSET WITH THIS
THE BIBLE TEACHES UP ABOUT KNOLEDGE!!!!!
WITHOUT IT WE PERISH AND THAT THE TRUTH :)
im not sure if ur a stylist or a customer but i do recomend PROFESSIONALISM and that how ive remained at the top
i dont have a problem with anyone who desides to do other wise because of money, or what ever thats my prefrence and now i know yours but 1 thing is for sure u do not want a good unlicenced doctor working on you!
DO YOU?
I DONT! AND I WONT!
I SEE MY SELF AS THAT! A HAIR DOC!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

please view my web site below :

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
thank you for your interest. My extensions range in all prices as they are done proffessionally.....

these below are all hair extensions, i can schedule a time this week to speak further to you. i would just like u to take a look at my work.

thanks so much for replying

hope to be working with you soon ;)

thanks, again

HAIR ARTIST/MASTER EXTENSION ARTIST
NYC hair artist available for Print , Runway ,Weddings, Video

Hairstylist for Fashion & Music Entertainment
Anywhere IN THE WORLD
hairstyling,men's grooming,natural hair care,braids,extentions
Print advertising-music video-touring-live performance- commercial-runway- CD cover/packaging,TELEVISION

E- mail : JEANENEBARRETT@AOL.COM

CALL:347-683-7922
JEANENE B

BILLIONAIRE HAIR

74 months ago

takes 1 to know 1

BILLIONAIRE HAIR

74 months ago

oh i forgot, no hard feelings
may god bless you

thanks

74 months ago

BILLIONAIRE HAIR said: takes 1 to know 1

How OLD areeeeeeeeeeeeee you =/?
Get help, READ<<< your bible more =)

niki in Grand Rapids, Michigan

74 months ago

I think I have to agree with the lady telling you
to read your bible for someone who claims to
be so "professional" you sure don't act it.

Niki

Suzanne Martin in Oceanside, California

74 months ago

BILLIONAIRE HAIR said: takes 1 to know 1

I would not go to you, your behavior and your pattern
of craziness has been noted to many of us. And you have
also had issues with other people maybe you need to get
into another career because your not impressing any of
us here.

Thumbs down to BILLIONAIRE HAIR

tyler in Brooklyn, New York

74 months ago

I have 2 defend billionaire
hair........
she has certainly saved my hair
professionalism is key

god bless her

your not going to like everybody u guys!!!
im sure she means no harm
this is for sure god sent and very busy! very busy

Suzanne Martin in Oceanside, California

74 months ago

Your right your not going to like everyone BUT she is
suppose to be REPRESENTING herself as a professional
business owner, and I could care less if she did my
hair, my Mother's hair, and my sister hair for FREE
her whole persona is disgusting, and you BOTH really
need to STOP bringing GOD into this because its not
WORKING, if she was so into GOD...she would of NEVER
acted the way she did from the start here, maybe YOU
need to go BACK and read ALL her bla, bla, bla...

Peace

billionaire hair in Brooklyn, New York

74 months ago

please if u have anything 2 say 2 me contact me directly
*******Im not 2 good 2 for correction*******

jeanenebarrett@aol.com

Miss V in Jacksonville, Florida

74 months ago

Hello,
I was interested in getting a weave in order to put my hair up for a while. I was considering the interlocking or tree braid method. Does anyone know what type of hair works best for this style (weft/ bulk, etc) and any stylists in the jacksonville area. I have a lot of virgin hair and I need to find someone who is competent, professional and who will do a quality job for the prices they want to charge down here (hair braiding is way cheaper back home because of the competition). Anyway, I have already run into the problem of the unlicensed stylist who was unwilling to stand behind her work. (She trashed my hair!!!) Please help me to avoid the frauds. Thanks.

Miss V in Jacksonville, Florida

74 months ago

Also, has anyone used hair Outre hair? If so, how was it? What did you think about the quality? Was it worth the price or is it better to go with one of the brands listed in the earlier discussions? Thanks.

dana in Staten Island, New York

74 months ago

I got hair extensions about six months ago from this girl Christina. She is the greatest & did a wonderful job. I am on her website in the pics. Her system is like no other. She uses no sewing, no braiding....Her website is www.hairgoddessofny.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.