Stratford Career Institute - Online Cosmetology

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

justwondering in Huntsville, Alabama

67 months ago

A lot of people on different threads have said to get a basic cosmetology degree, and then to get specialized training in cut and color at a "name" school. Would it be possible to cut the cost of school by going to Stratford (or other online school) for basic credits and then getting hands on experience through specialized classes at "name" schools? What about accreditation? Would you only go to a NACCAS accredited school?

What are the best ways to cut costs for beauty school? Is there a different approach than starting out at a low cost online school? I don't want to start out in debt for this career.

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

bluffho in Scotts Valley, California

52 months ago

From Stratford, you do receive your diploma, but the courses do not count (in any way at all) towards getting your license. If you call them directly and ask this question, they will confirm that they do not qualify for even 1 of the 600 hours of training you're required to have in order to take the state board exams.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nanlisa in Upper Darby, Pennsylvania

50 months ago

justwondering in Huntsville, Alabama said: A lot of people on different threads have said to get a basic cosmetology degree, and then to get specialized training in cut and color at a "name" school. Would it be possible to cut the cost of school by going to Stratford (or other online school) for basic credits and then getting hands on experience through specialized classes at "name" schools? What about accreditation? Would you only go to a NACCAS accredited school?

What are the best ways to cut costs for beauty school? Is there a different approach than starting out at a low cost online school? I don't want to start out in debt for this career.

Thanks

Justwondering: You've got to have classroom and hands-on training for this. Check out some of the beauty schools in your area, especially Empire Beauty Schools, just to see what the requirements are.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

v bercier in Bottineau, North Dakota

29 months ago

I am taking this course to get heads up before I start my education in a accrediaded school of cosmetology. I am at this time gettiny my youngest child ready for graduation and then I can give my schooling all my time I am very excited to get started on this course i think it is an amazing tool to in getting prepared for what is ahead i can't wait to have my owen shop and the time iam putting into getting prepared is well worth it also for the hands on I will be ready!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

v bercier in Bottineau, North Dakota

29 months ago

I went into this program knowing it was not a program to get my license, however, it is a step in the right direction for my future. I am considering Josefs School of Hair design.. but wont be starting till spring 2013 and in the meantime i will study and prpare with statford! I am confident i will be ready to work for my license after taking this course and pass with flying colors! I will have two degrees when I it is completed can't wait to get started!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

krystilmist in Massachusetts

21 months ago

What comes with the beauty program? Does it have the manequin, perm rods, scissors, capes, etc? It doesn't list it on the website or in the brochures that they keep sending me.
Thanks,

Linda

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.