Tips for Health Care interviews.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

Do you have any tips to help prepare for an upcoming Health Care interview?

Are there common interview questions that come up again and again?

Reply - Report abuse

D. Owen in Madison, Wisconsin

72 months ago

Just a few questions I have experenced recently. What would your coworkers say about you? What do you do in the slow times? Tell us of a patient care experience that did not go well and how you would improve it? What is the most stressful part of working as a RN in your current or most recent experience?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

katydid in Martinsville, Indiana

72 months ago

I was recently in an interview as D. Owen described above and feel that I did a terrible job! I could not think of a time when I had a proiblem with a co-worker let alone how I handled the situation and what the outcome was !!! Or "Tell me about a time when you disagreed with a new Policy or Proceedure, what you did and what the outcome was". There were multiple questions of this nature, 2 preliminary questions asked via telephone by the HR rep, then 10 or so more questions asked in my interview with HR then another 12 or so questions asked by the manager of the unit!! I felt that I was not able to truly show them what I was about as a person or a professional as I was so busy trying to think of random incidents that occured during my 19 + years as an RN, I really think I botched the interview. So many of the issues that were cited in the interview questions occured routinly, almost in daily practice, and were not the type of issues upon which I placed enough importance to remember forever and to recall spontaneously during an interview. The sad thing is that I would truly be good at the advertised position offered, however,due to this type of interview questioning, I have likely been marked off thier list of potential candidates!! Be ready for those "what happened when", What was your reaction/ What action did you take" and What was the ultimate outcome" type questions!! Go to your interview with examples in mind and Good Luck!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

cheris style in Largo, New York

19 months ago

I regularly used to a glass of milk with honey every day!!!
<a href="www.babyography.net.au/towels-and-face-washers">baby towels</a>

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.