What do you have to major in to be a health educator?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

wannabehealtheducator in Memphis, Tennessee

61 months ago

I want to become a health educator. Do I have to major in Health and Physical Education or Health and Wellness. The college I attend only offer Health and PE would that be a start?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

CHES in Mason City, Illinois

60 months ago

Community Health educators would need to major in health/wellness, health promotion, public health, etc. School health educators would need to major in school health such as the health and PE. Hope that helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Michael Edwards in Patrick Afb, Florida

57 months ago

You can either get a BS or a Masters in Health Education or Health Promotion. Public health is a 2nd choice. Nursing might be a 3rd or 4th choice, but their training is curative, not preventative.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Neil80 in Miami, Florida

9 months ago

Health education is one of the five main subject areas of Public Health. There are graduate programs that offer an MPH degree with concentration in health education/promotion. It's common for nurses to take on this role, however it's possible with an MPH. There's some good info here www.exercise-science-guide.com/degrees/public-health-and-health-administration/ on the different public health areas you can go into.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.