Certificate Programs For Health Unit Coordinator's???

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 72 of 72)
Page:  « Previous   1  2   

lorrie in Tampa, Florida

56 months ago

Tgirl42604 in Warren, Michigan said: I looked in to buying the Health unit coordinating by LaFleur Brooks 6th edition, but there is also a skills practice manual, was this helpful or needed?

the book if you buy it brand new comes with a practice cd for transcription. that is all i needed for my online course. for self-study, i would go by the nahuc.org guideline.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ellen in Valrico, Florida

56 months ago

lorrie in Tampa, Florida said: the book if you buy it brand new comes with a practice cd for transcription. that is all i needed for my online course. for self-study, i would go by the nahuc.org guideline.

Lorrie - are you currently working as HUC or are you looking for a job? Did the wecare course help you in your job search?

Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

chael in Tampa, Florida

56 months ago

Is there a school that gives short term course or program to prepare a person to become a Health Unit Coordinator here in tampa?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

TNee in Spokane, Washington

56 months ago

I am currently enrolled in a HUC program in Spokane Washington...and was hoping someone could answer a few concerns I have....I was wondering if on the certification test how imperative is it to have all the abbreviations down....does anyone in the field feel that having only 32hrs of clinicals is sufficent to apply for a job at a hospital.....does anyone have any pointers on applying for a job in the ER at a hospital as that is an area I would like to specialize in...I am very concerned with the fact that in our area at least there has been alot of layoffs and now seems to be a requirement to be an RN in order to get a job as a HUC...any insight is greatly apprecieated

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

hpolc in Savannah, Georgia

55 months ago

Does anyone know the average salary for these positions? Also, what type of stress level are we talking about. I currently work in a doctors office as a medical receptionist admin assistant for the past 2 years and looking into getting certified for the HUC for the many part time schedules available. Any insight would be appreciated?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

trish in Lindstrom, Minnesota

55 months ago

Lorri From MN I am taking the HUC program Starting in Jan at HTC! See you there!!

Bee in La Grange, Illinois

54 months ago

hpolc in Savannah, Georgia said: Does anyone know the average salary for these positions? Also, what type of stress level are we talking about. I currently work in a doctors office as a medical receptionist admin assistant for the past 2 years and looking into getting certified for the HUC for the many part time schedules available. Any insight would be appreciated?

I work as a HUC right now at a pretty big hospital and I make 12 bucks and hour. I work PMs so I make 13 and weekends I make 14. It's VERY stressful. Sometimes I just want to scream but overall I enjoy the job. I work on the med/surg unit which is the busiest in the hospital so Im sure other units, wouldn't be AS stressful. You need to be able to work fast paced. Sometimes I don't even get a chance to go to the bathroom it gets so crazy. I've made good relationships with doctors and have even gotten other job offers from them after only 4 months on the job!

Even though it's a hard job, I don't think I'd be happier doing anything else, I like seeing all the action and but I don't have to do the backbreaking work a CNA does or all the charting a nurse does. The nurses usually don't leave work until 1-2 hours after their shift ends so I'm glad thats not me lol. I wish I got payed more for what I do since the unit wouldn't even be able to run efficiently without me and not to mention I have a Bachelors degree but whatever, I'm surviving =).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

kathy.teems@yahoo.com in Murphy, North Carolina

54 months ago

oUR HOSPITAL IS WORKING ON CAREER LATTERS,AND LOOKING INTO A CAREER LATTER FOR HUC'S I AM A CHUC, AND THE NURSE PRACTICE COUNCIL WAS WANTING TO KNOW IF THERE ARE ANY HUC'S OUT THERE THAT HAVE COMPLETED THE CAREER LATTER AND IF SO WHAT KIND OF IMBURSEMENT DID YOU RECIEVE FOR COMPLETION. THANKS.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

The Bahamas Health Care Training Center in Freeport, Bahamas

48 months ago

My passion for education and the allied health field has always remain. In the Bahamas all of our technical schools focus on the industrial,beauty, carpentry and electronics. It gives no option for allied health field .

I have now ventured into the field of being a Health Care training center,with a focus on the Allied health field. Can you tell me if the Certification board would consider a chapter/provider in the Bahamas. This is one of the Major Courses to be offered by my company and would like to seek certification status for it students at the end of the program.I have read that they can seek membership prior to the exam. I am encouraging this.Can our students sign up for membership, and what do i need to do to become a provider of the certification exam for my students or would we have to travel to the united states to take the exam. Please help if possible.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Paul in Washington, District of Columbia

48 months ago

Barbara in Knoxville, Tennessee said: Shelly:
The online course I took is found on wecareonlineclasses and it runs around 270.00. You don't have to take any real course to take the National Certification Exam thru the NAHUC though. They don't require it. You can order some books online and read the books and take the tests they have and then sign up for the National Exam. I did buy another good book online though and I really recommend it for learing the HUC job. It is called:
LaFleur Brooks Health Unit Coordinating
It has a online website that you can log into and sign up for all the tests for each chapter and it has a great Review for Certification test to really see if you know all the material. It as taught at the Gateway Community College in AZ.
Hope this answers your question.
Best of luck !!!

Hello Barbara, can i have your personal email because am thinking of taking the courses wecareonlineclasses?

ty
Paul

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

john in San Jose, California

47 months ago

pam-i-am in Wildomar, California said: I am taking a ROP class. That is a program that California has for people at no to little cost.....Look up Regional Occupational Progrms.

Which school did you take it at ROP in california for HUC?

leenie in Roseville, Michigan

45 months ago

I've been a Med Asst. for 17 years for a multi specialty group,Nephrology,Pre and Post Renal Transplant,Dialysis,Vascular, Int. Med., and Oncology. I was the sole liaison for 30 physicians in the group. I Telephone Triaged and assessed all walk in patients. I have never been employed by a hospital. I have also dictated and transcribed all related tasks. I have all the experience as a unit coordinator except for the hospital enviroment,as scheduling nurses. In the 17 years I triaged, I had 2 patients that expired in the office..much harder than a hospital.. There is a major hospital in Detroit that now is mandating Unit Coordinators to be more present on the floor and not just at the desk. A community college just suspended the program indefinitely,another college has this as a first time program as they were shocked the other college suspended. the cost at is $965 for 3 mos. Program has an internship.Though the class isnt't accreditted,I have to take a pre assessment test of reading,writing, and math,even though their is hardly any math for this type of program. I went to an information session for the program and there were only 7 people. It wouldn't surprise if the program was cancelled. I am going to take advantage buying the book that you mentioned ..sounds great and helpful.. I've come close 3 times already with interviewing for this type of position but what was required was at least one year experience in a hospital or LTC setting. in 10 years from now I will be retirement age.. how do I get my past not having hospital or LTC expereince.. I appreciate all your help and input.. many thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

pat in Kissimmee, Florida

42 months ago

Barbara in Knoxville, Tennessee said: Shelly:
The online course I took is found on wecareonlineclasses and it runs around 270.00. You don't have to take any real course to take the National Certification Exam thru the NAHUC though. They don't require it. You can order some books online and read the books and take the tests they have and then sign up for the National Exam. I did buy another good book online though and I really recommend it for learing the HUC job. It is called:
LaFleur Brooks Health Unit Coordinating
It has a online website that you can log into and sign up for all the tests for each chapter and it has a great Review for Certification test to really see if you know all the material. It as taught at the Gateway Community College in AZ.
Hope this answers your question.
Best of luck !!!

did you complete this program? Were you able to get a job? Thanks

laneyliz in Satellite Beach, Florida

42 months ago

lorrie in Tampa, Florida said: *********************
no,i took the course with wecare recently and finished it about 1.5 months ago & none of the tests are timed; you work at your own pace and you can finish at any point within 90 days.

Hi Lorrie I was wondering if you have gotten a job working as a HUC I am currently taking the online course thru wecareonline.com I am really enjoying it and would love to find out more about your experiences and salary updates.
Thanks
Elaine

Yoyi in Tampa, Florida

42 months ago

Does anyone know of any school fortraining on Health Unit Coordinator in Tampa Florida

Esteli in Dallas, Texas

40 months ago

Ok

Joyce in Rochester, Michigan

39 months ago

I am preparing for a career change and want to take an HUC course online. I have no idea where to start. I live in Rochester, Michigan -- any idea where I should start?

Jennifer in Lakeland, Florida

36 months ago

Has anyone from this program had trouble getting a job because of no clinical experience? The local tech college offers this program with clinicals but the schedule is not something that will work for me so I want to do online course just worried that no clinical training will hinder job placement. Did you find it difficult to do the job or is this program sufficient?

nova in Mesa, Arizona

35 months ago

Alaina in Racine, Wisconsin said: Yes there is. I'm in a HUC Program right now at Gateway Technical College .

do you like it, Is this a good job?

Joslyn in Andover, Minnesota

34 months ago

I just started a job in the Allina Health system as a Patient Care Tech which is a HUC and a CNA combined in one. I did go to school for Medical Administrative Assisting but did not receive HUC certification and I am still able to work as one. They are giving me 4 weeks of on the job training, but I also was already working for this hospital as a nursing assistant, so I imagine that cut down my training time tremendously. I'm not sure if all of the hospitals within Allina Health have the PCT position.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sandi in Powell, Tennessee

33 months ago

Shelly said: what online course are you taking? i am interested in becoming a health unit coordinator, but would like to make sure the online course is legitimate.
thank you for your time.
Shelly would you contact me I would like more info. my email is davissandi09@gmail.com I am in the knoxville area and I am interested in pursuing this field.

Michele in Knoxville, Tennessee

13 months ago

Sandi in Powell, Tennessee said: Shelly would you contact me I would like more info. my email is davissandi09@gmail.com I am in the knoxville area and I am interested in pursuing this field.

Hi Sandi,
I am also in Powell and looking into an HUC position. I am a certified as a nurse assistant now but not working in that field at this time. I am a fulltime school secretary as of the last 26 years. Looking to change careers when I retire. Was just wondering if you took a course and became certified.

Page:  « Previous   1  2   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.