Overseas Operator jobs?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 55)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Airmule in Morton, Illinois

81 months ago

Anyone have experience working overseas as an operator? Just wondering how you found the job and any advice. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (550) / No (94) Reply - Report abuse

Howard Condit in Hopatcong, New Jersey

69 months ago

I am a heavey equitment operater for over 25 years my name is Howard Condit. look for a job in heavey equitment

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (59) / No (23) Reply - Report abuse

Airmule in Peoria, Illinois

69 months ago

None yet.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Scott Wycoff in Los Angeles, California

66 months ago

Hi! Did you have aney luck? Thanks! Scottie!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

cweb in Fleetwood, Pennsylvania

66 months ago

Airmule in Hopedale, Illinois said: None yet. Working here for now. Want to get to South Africa again.

hey im not sure where you want to go overseas but if you are looking to make some real money look into the KBR and they will send you overseas to like Iraq or Aphganastan and make urself some big time cash and tax free

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (40) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

GMoney in West Monroe, Louisiana

62 months ago

I grew up in the dirt & sewer business all my life. At the age of 34 I owned and operated my own construction company. I have a 650J John Deere Dozer, 160 CLC John Deere Trackhoe, 310E Rubber Tire Backhoe, TL130 Takeuchi Skid Steer, Dump Trucks, Tailers, etc. I am wanting to park everything and find employment overseas. I can operate a crane truck but I don't hold a license to operated a crane. How do I find employment overseas?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (45) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

David Vierus in Duncanville, Texas

60 months ago

I am looking to go over seas. I can run any kind of equimpent blade tracke hoe back hoe loader ect. Can any one help me get over seas so I can make some money and won't lose every thing I got.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (44) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Sane

57 months ago

cweb in Fleetwood, Pennsylvania said: hey im not sure where you want to go overseas but if you are looking to make some real money look into the KBR and they will send you overseas to like Iraq or Aphganastan and make urself some big time cash and tax free

i have been looking for a contractors in the middle East , I have tried to get info from different web resources if you can help it would be greatly appreciative thanks and god bless. Shane

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

mcguffinshane@yahoo.com

57 months ago

Thanks for the info I really appreciate it

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

mcguffinshane@yahoo.com

57 months ago

eric humphrey in Hardy, Arkansas said: how did your surch go can u help me get to work over seas

no luck yet on my search , no responce from the companies I filled out apps with you wouldn't think it would be this to get a job in a war zone on any contenant but what i have found out is that you need to no someone within the company to be considered good luck if I get a responce I will pass it to you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

mcguffinshane@yahoo.com

57 months ago

Still no luck on work overseas for heavy equipment I've even applied for driver But becarful who you apply through had a guy in Oklahoma called me went to great lengths to get me to go I had a freind do a back ground check the man is a con artist they arrested him for try to do Internet fraud and embezelment be careful

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Kenneth in Canton, Georgia

57 months ago

Where do I apply for a overseas job as a trucker or heavy equipment operator?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Gone Fishing in Forsyth, Georgia

57 months ago

Kenneth in Canton, Georgia said: Where do I apply for a overseas job as a trucker or heavy equipment operator?

Up about 6 comments Ken, I posted a website that has links to companies doing work over here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

comptonjosh68@yahoo.com in Dungannon, Virginia said: I am an Heavy equipment operator. i have experience in pretty much everything. i have worked on a surface mine for ten years.I would come to work overseas immediatly. thank you to anyone who considers me.

comptonjosh,

Very few employers view these pages, most of the information here is employment leads shared by other people for you to follow. Good Luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

outlaw107 in Sandusky, Ohio

57 months ago

Im a 30 year operator.Looking for overseas work for a change.Can any of you give me some insight on the steps to take to get a foot in the door somewhere?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

minceyroyce in Crystal River, Florida

56 months ago

12 POST,CHAD'S HOME PAGE? THOSE THINGS DON'T MEAN ANYTHING TO ME. LOOK LET ME EXPLAIN IM FROM NEWARK,N.J. THE LARGEST CITY IN THE U.S.A. IM DOWN HERE INHOMOSASSA FL., ATTENDING SCHOOL FOR HEAVY EQUIPMENT OPERATOR.ALL IM SIMPLY ASKING FOR IN THE LINK,NOTHING MORE,NOTHING LESS.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Airmule in Hopedale, Illinois

56 months ago

minceyroyce in Crystal River, Florida said: 12 POST,CHAD'S HOME PAGE? THOSE THINGS DON'T MEAN ANYTHING TO ME. LOOK LET ME EXPLAIN IM FROM NEWARK,N.J. THE LARGEST CITY IN THE U.S.A. IM DOWN HERE INHOMOSASSA FL., ATTENDING SCHOOL FOR HEAVY EQUIPMENT OPERATOR.ALL IM SIMPLY ASKING FOR IN THE LINK,NOTHING MORE,NOTHING LESS.

Calm down, the guy just told you where to look for the link. And if you're in school to learn heavy equipment operation then realistically your chances of being picked up for OCONUS work are very slim.
And no one cares where you're from and why you type in all caps. The fact is your attitude will likely keep you from being employed anywhere for very long. Good luck anyway.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

Airmule in Hopedale, Illinois said: Calm down, the guy just told you where to look for the link. And if you're in school to learn heavy equipment operation then realistically your chances of being picked up for OCONUS work are very slim.
And no one cares where you're from and why you type in all caps. The fact is your attitude will likely keep you from being employed anywhere for very long. Good luck anyway.

Unless he has a min of 5-10 years, and can operate about anything, there is no chance of being hired over here. Some guys BS there way over, then when they get here and can't operate a wheel barrow, they get a one way ticket home.

Bye the way you explained that to mr. mincey royce alot more tackfully than I was about to. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

Gone Fishing in Forsyth, Georgia said: Unless he has a min of 5-10 years, and can operate about anything, there is no chance of being hired over here. Some guys BS there way over, then when they get here and can't operate a wheel barrow, they get a one way ticket home.

Bye the way you explained that to mr. mincey royce alot more tackfully than I was about to. Thanks

Thanks. I've been around equipment my whole life. Even worked for manufacturers doing operator training all over the world and it's the same everywhere. You can tell in 2 minutes who can operate and who the posers are. It's nothing to be ashamed of but some people just don't have what it takes. I don't have what it takes to be a surgeon so I don't pretend I do.
Tell me more about how you got to work overseas. I'd like to get back to Africa somehow simply because I loved it over there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

Airmule in Hopedale, Illinois said: Thanks. I've been around equipment my whole life. Even worked for manufacturers doing operator training all over the world and it's the same everywhere. You can tell in 2 minutes who can operate and who the posers are. It's nothing to be ashamed of but some people just don't have what it takes. I don't have what it takes to be a surgeon so I don't pretend I do.
Tell me more about how you got to work overseas. I'd like to get back to Africa somehow simply because I loved it over there.

I don't know alot about work in Africa. I know we need equipment operators here in Afghanistan, but everyone isn't cut out for this stuff. There are links on that page I posted earlier that have most of the contractors working over here, some of them have work going on in other coutries as well. I read somewhere that Fluor won a contract to expand a diamond mine. I normally don't recomend paying for information, but danger zone jobs has some good information on it. My subscription ran out, so I can't tell you whats on it now. Basically what they do is consolidate the job postings from all the different companies in one place. If you have crane experience (alot of it) a few of the oil drilling companies are hiring for rigs off the coast of Africa. Or you can always come over here to paridise with the rest of us. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

That link was there last night because I went through it again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

kyneidy

56 months ago

i attended the school for heavy equipment in lecanto fl and havent found anything yet. has anyone that attended school really find jobs or what?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

kyneidy

56 months ago

Airmule in Morton, Illinois said: Anyone have experience working overseas as an operator? Just wondering how you found the job and any advice. Thanks.

are you still in homosassa fl?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

jnkinc in Sherwood Park, Alberta

55 months ago

Gone Fishing in Forsyth, Georgia said: I don't know alot about work in Africa. I know we need equipment operators here in Afghanistan, but everyone isn't cut out for this stuff. There are links on that page I posted earlier that have most of the contractors working over here, some of them have work going on in other coutries as well. I read somewhere that Fluor won a contract to expand a diamond mine. I normally don't recomend paying for information, but danger zone jobs has some good information on it. My subscription ran out, so I can't tell you whats on it now. Basically what they do is consolidate the job postings from all the different companies in one place. If you have crane experience (alot of it) a few of the oil drilling companies are hiring for rigs off the coast of Africa. Or you can always come over here to paridise with the rest of us. Good luck.

ok iam kinda lost abit .. where is that link ? iam too looking for overseas equipment operating and iam having a hard time tracking down anything that really holds water .. Lots of it is total BS.... anyway any help would be appreciated ....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

jnkinc in Sherwood Park, Alberta said: ok iam kinda lost abit .. where is that link ? iam too looking for overseas equipment operating and iam having a hard time tracking down anything that really holds water .. Lots of it is total BS.... anyway any help would be appreciated ....

Indeed keeps deleting the link, I guess it is not allowed to post links or email. If you search for LOGCAP IV, one of the results will be chads homepage. This is a guys blog, but on it he has a fairly complete listing of the contractors over here with links to their career sites. If you are looking for an equipment operator job look at ITT, Fluor first. If you have your CDL, KBR is hiring for Iraq. ITT requires you to get a security clearence, which is great if you can get by the background inverstigation.

Good Luck

jnkinc in Sherwood Park, Alberta

55 months ago

well i got the site and i am checking it out . But I don t know if i am not looking at it right or what . I see the construction stuff come up but it is always asking for engineers. Sorry to be a nuisance but i thank you for the sites but i still cant seem to see what you saw ? lol . Also just out of curiosity. Are you working over there right now ? or had been ? For me a CDL i don t have and not interested in getting one. Background check that s not a problem at all . But The Fluor website and the ITT one i cant seem to find anything on Heavy Equipment Operating. Maybe being from Canada might be blocking me out of something ... who knows ? Anyway if you have any more insight to anything of it . Please get back to me . I would Appreciate any info .lol OR to make things easier if you had and fax or email numbers lol that would be even more appreciated lol Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

I just looked at the ITT site. There is a couple of operator jobs listed. Look under LOGCAP about half way down the ITT systems home page. You have to look every couple of days, they change jobs on these sites fequently.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jason Looney in Groveland, Florida

55 months ago

dont look at itt site theres nothing there! (joking)

I'm trying to get my friends on with itt as heavy equipment operator so I want to eliminate the competition lol.

good luck to you! Itt is a good company to get on with. Dont really have any big complaints since I've transitioned

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

tse in Khartoum, Sudan

54 months ago

I am for Ethiopia 32 Years old mail 176 cm long 64 kg religion Jehovah’s Witnesses .I have 5 years experience operating Motor Greater also I can operate Excavator Dozer And Loader. I can Speck Amharic Oromo English Arabic looking for job in Any place .
With respect

Tsecar2008@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

staffordanthont49@yahoo.com in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

51 months ago

this is for royce mincey i graduated from ats i was told to get in touch with you i have been running equipment for fifteen years now that i am certified i am looking for work i live in pembroke pines fl get in touch with me on my email address

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ROYCE MINCEY in Miami, Florida

51 months ago

TO ALL PERSONS IN THE HEAVY EQUIPMENT OCCUPATION THAT WANTS TO CORRESPOND. EMAIL ME AT: minceyroyce@yahoo.com. THIS WAY WE CAN POSSIBLY EXCHANGED JOB LEADS!AT THIS MOMENT I'M ATTENDING CLASSES FOR M.O.T. OSHA CERTIFICATION

floressam99 in Fort Worth, Texas

51 months ago

I have 7 years experience on a excavator, front end loader, roller, and dozer. I am trying to go over seas. Can anyone help me?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Jason Looney in Clearwater, Florida

51 months ago

Start applying. Dyncorp is based in fort worth and they have all the contracts in south afghanistan. Other companies are fluor daniels, kbr, ITT systems.

Dyncorp is your best bet since you are local to their main office, but fluor would be your next best bet because they got the contracts in the north. Kbr is fading away and ITT has small numbers of people on bases but that doesnt mean you shouldnt apply with them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

David Bean in Biloxi, Mississippi

50 months ago

I worked in Iraq and was sent home with out recieving my RTCH license. I have copies of my heavy equipment license, but would like to actually see a RTCH license. If someone could show me what I'm missing then I would be able to know what exactly what I'm trying to get from KBR. I need these license to go to my next job asap. Anyone willing to help, well, I'd sure appreciate it. You can contact me at Davbean57@aol.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

dan hinshaw in clemmons, North Carolina

48 months ago

heavy equipment operator,draglines ,loaders, dozers ,backhoes,dumptrucks. looking for work over seas, can anyone help? Dan Hinshaw thanks for looking danlhinshaw@yahoo.com

clayton irvin in Hamilton, Ohio

47 months ago

Gone Fishing in Forsyth, Georgia said: I don't know alot about work in Africa. I know we need equipment operators here in Afghanistan, but everyone isn't cut out for this stuff. There are links on that page I posted earlier that have most of the contractors working over here, some of them have work going on in other coutries as well. I read somewhere that Fluor won a contract to expand a diamond mine. I normally don't recomend paying for information, but danger zone jobs has some good information on it. My subscription ran out, so I can't tell you whats on it now. Basically what they do is consolidate the job postings from all the different companies in one place. If you have crane experience (alot of it) a few of the oil drilling companies are hiring for rigs off the coast of Africa. Or you can always come over here to paridise with the rest of us. Good luck.

iv got over 20 yrs. of experiance. i also have a class a cdl. can you please e-mail of companys that are hiring overseas? claytonirvin61@hotmail.com.. thank you very much for your troubles..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

nhoj3030 in Sparta, Wisconsin

47 months ago

i was looking for work over seas... and i find it really hard to find any really good leads.. prolly cause i ve worked in the states all my life.... i have 15 years in operators union... worked on many federal funded jobs... really could use some advice on finding a good job overseas that pays well... if anyone could help me out i would greatly return the favor someday.. thanks and good luck to all... if anyone would give me some advice my email nhoj3030@yahoo.com

thanks john from wisconsin

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

nhoj3030 in Sparta, Wisconsin

47 months ago

clayton irvin in Hamilton, Ohio said: iv got over 20 yrs. of experiance. i also have a class a cdl. can you please e-mail of companys that are hiring overseas? claytonirvin61@hotmail.com.. thank you very much for your troubles..

im a farm boy been doing operationg jobs all my life... but how do i get hooked in the right direction to go over seas say afgan.. nhoj3030@yahoo.com thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

47 months ago

nhoj3030 in Sparta, Wisconsin said: i was looking for work over seas... and i find it really hard to find any really good leads.. prolly cause i ve worked in the states all my life.... i have 15 years in operators union... worked on many federal funded jobs... really could use some advice on finding a good job overseas that pays well... if anyone could help me out i would greatly return the favor someday.. thanks and good luck to all... if anyone would give me some advice my email nhoj3030@yahoo.com

thanks john from wisconsin

The big 3 are KBR, Fluor, and Dyncorp. You have to apply on their websites. ITT systems also has a fair amount of operators.

clayton irvin in Dayton, Ohio

47 months ago

Airmule in Morton, Illinois said: Anyone have experience working overseas as an operator? Just wondering how you found the job and any advice. Thanks.

could you PLEASE let me have a e-mail so i can get ahold of them direct? im no good on this stupid computer.. please.. thank you. clayton irvin.

47 months ago

clayton irvin in Dayton, Ohio said: could you PLEASE let me have a e-mail so i can get ahold of them direct? im no good on this stupid computer.. please.. thank you. clayton irvin.

Clayton,

If you can't use a computer that well, find someone who can. The only way you will even be considered for these positions over here is applying for them online. Contacting a recruiter directly is a sure way not to get hired. It also may be helpful to have someone look over your resume, these companies have thousands of applicants for every job that they post, yours has to stand out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Josh Compton in Nickelsville, Virginia

46 months ago

I want to find a job anywhere running heavy machinery. Overseas, inside the country, I don't care. Please tell me who to contact. I can use a computer, I don't know who to contact.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

richmond dugbatey in Accra, Ghana

46 months ago

im a grader operator with over six years experience. six months operating school with certificate and operatng licence am 25yrs of age i operate very well

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

Josh Compton in Nickelsville, Virginia said: I want to find a job anywhere running heavy machinery. Overseas, inside the country, I don't care. Please tell me who to contact. I can use a computer, I don't know who to contact.

Fluor
ITT Systems
KBR
DynCorp

Post for the jobs on their websites.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

ram9226 in Miami, Florida

46 months ago

THANKS FOR THIS NEEDED INFO.!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Pamela in Winnemucca, Nevada

43 months ago

A friend of mine just left for Irac to operate graders go to

www.kbr.com/Careers/Americas/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

james ammons sr in Savannah, Georgia

43 months ago

i am a heavy eguipment operator have work in south america in guyanas .lived in tents for two montls .clearing the road in jungle and mand the roads. and well work in the usa .i am 58

jams bryce in Livingston, United Kingdom

43 months ago

I am a heavy plant operator for over 30 years i am look for a job in Africa cane enay boday hellp me pless jim48@hotmail.co.uk

pjfolse in Atlanta, Georgia

42 months ago

How do you get overseas operator jobs in the construction field. I have run every type of construction equipment like excavators, dozers, backhoes, etc...who is a good recruiter or contact.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Kal in Hawaii in Kailua Kona, Hawaii

41 months ago

Can any one help me or try to point me in the rite way of finding a over seas job.I've been an operator for 25 yrs an I just want to no if anyone can help?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.