Starting a small excavating business

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Adam

113 months ago

I am wanting to start my own small excavating business have some experience but not a whole lot any information on doing this would be helpful thank ya

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (235) / No (50) Reply - Report abuse

Don Cates in Defuniak Springs, Florida

106 months ago

ther are afew things to remeber do not go and dump everything you have into it all at once grow rationally and try not to do buddy buddy work and get contracts that are signed it helps with getting payed

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (46) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

marclotseysr in Lindenwold, New Jersey

24 months ago

I have 10yrs exp in underground utilities. Certified heavy equipment operator with OSHA 10 CARD. I want to start my own excavation company. Anyone have any pointers to get started? Thanks Marc from NJ

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (86) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

SeanDaniel94 in Bowling Green, Kentucky

14 months ago

I work for an Excavating Company but wanting to start my own. How do I go about finding the work, renting equipment and biding jobs without having any experience other then just running the equipment?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (152) / No (30) Reply - Report abuse

Jason in Walnut, California

8 months ago

hi Adam,
actually it is a good idea, but I am not sure that it's worth doing in case you have no experience in this area. iF you know something about that still consult to other people and purchase some pos for you business, it will help you focus only on your job, but not on the accounting and other issues. i know some guys who supply good POS, I ordered from them too - smile-pos.com/ there are also other guys, but they operate in Colorado, if you have a possibility to get there try to contact them - pos-co.com/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mario in Providence, Utah

6 months ago

Adam, i think you must know these guys: pos-co.com/, poscalifornia.com/, pos-fl.com/,pos-ar.com/, new-york-pos.com/ they are also cool. Probably you have heard about them earlier.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mario in Providence, Utah

6 months ago

xc

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.