Work prospects in Dallas, Texas

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

pigiron in Dallas, Texas

57 months ago

I Have been in the earth moving business for over 30 yrs in Texas as a Finish Blade Operator. I Have seen the wages as high as $19.00 an hour (non-union), in 2007. Top wages now run anywhere from $12.00 to $15.00 an hour. They have been on the decline since then, and not altogether due to the recession. We in Texas as well as other southwestern states have to compete with construction companies hiring illegals to replace us at wages almost half of what we can afford to work for. I'm not sure what you have going for you in other states, but that's your competition here. Congress is talking "mandatory e-verify". We can only pray! Maybe Contractors could get a better grasp of what we have to contend with if they too had to compete with foreign/illegal businesses underbidding them. They wouldn't stay in business long either.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

oldschooldropout in Fort Worth, Texas

38 months ago

With all the heavy highway work kicking off here in Fort Worth one might expect there'd be plenty of job offers/postings for heavy equipment operators, laborers, etc. But, uh...no. Businesses no longer utilize the classifieds to advertise their needs for skilled American workers. They have an unlimited supply through their underground network, the ILLEGAL ALIEN. Wake up America, the foundation and fabric of this country as we know it is being destroyed and redefined. The big issue most relevant today is the state of our Nation's education budget and proposed cuts = more job losses. Perhaps the funding needed to save America's present and future education system is to immediately stop the welfare funding to 20+ million ILLEGAL lawbreakers. Invest in America, save an American's job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.