heavy equipment operator

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 97)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

coopertrx in Columbus, Ohio

71 months ago

doesnt look good for construction,Ive been watching the stock market since may-08 to now. states are pulling there money back for the big jobs-all roads and bridges so not to get them started and then put them on hold when they run out of money.Im in Ohio it sucks here Strickland is trying to bankrupt Ohio.Im going to try to head for Col,Mt.N.D.UT.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

berg in Lumberport, West Virginia

71 months ago

Pete in Angleton, Texas said: Lots of work starting up in Tx..Corpus Christi, Sweeny, Zachery has alot coming up,La Porte..Deerpark,...Pasadena. As well as JV Piping...big shutdown in the next week,..Pipeline job kicking off in Markum,...top pay..per diem.
The problem is which one to take.
Its a shame union cant be as competitive, so non union for me right now.
Man's got to make a living regardless.

pete i'm working on a pipeline job now in pennsylvania, job just about done do you have info to pass along, i am a operator with 15 plus years, dozer , sideboom , excavator, just about everything, and i don't mind getting off the machine and dirty, thanks im working non union now too. any info would be appreciated bethberg1@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

billyv1961

70 months ago

hey berg is there alot of pipeline work in pa i,m new to this and need alittle help on where to find jobs thanks..bill

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Tinny in Lewiston, Michigan

70 months ago

As we in Michigan all know the Excavating jobs are few and far between. I have been out of work since april of 2008. I did however work on a Custom Harvest crew out west for the summer, It was a great experience but not my line of work. The company I worked for in excavating has lost a lot of people with just five people they lost over 150 years of combined excavating experience. These people left the stat and will no be back and this is just one small company in northern Michigan. From what I have learned this has happened all over Michigan. Witch begs the QUESTION??? What happens when Excavating picks up and it will at some point. Alaska will soon be needing over 7000 Operators for the new gas pipe line they will get them from the northern states. I see wages going sky high in the next few years what do you all think? I have been an Equipment Operator for over thirty years. I belive we are about to see an Operators market. Thought's please.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Aaron in Gloversville, New York

70 months ago

Tinny in Lewiston, Michigan said: As we in Michigan all know the Excavating jobs are few and far between. I have been out of work since april of 2008. I did however work on a Custom Harvest crew out west for the summer, It was a great experience but not my line of work. The company I worked for in excavating has lost a lot of people with just five people they lost over 150 years of combined excavating experience. These people left the stat and will no be back and this is just one small company in northern Michigan. From what I have learned this has happened all over Michigan. Witch begs the QUESTION??? What happens when Excavating picks up and it will at some point. Alaska will soon be needing over 7000 Operators for the new gas pipe line they will get them from the northern states. I see wages going sky high in the next few years what do you all think? I have been an Equipment Operator for over thirty years. I belive we are about to see an Operators market. Thought's please.

I hope your right, but I see the oposite effect happening. I think we'll see the mglobal economy crisis used as an excuse to keep wages down. And I emphasize the word excuse. Although the bidding may go lower, It will still be at a level to maintain a decent wage. But the crisis will be used as an excuse to keep our wages low. We as operators, and other trades alike will be forced to work for less or not at all. The only chance we have in my oponion is if the unions become strong again. Lets all hope no more states pass the right to work act. Or the fed govnt, repeal the davis bacon act, if they do were all screwed!!! If at any time in history the govt would consider trying this, it would be now, with the billions they just spent for const projects. THIS REALLY HAS ME WORRIED..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

ACE in Las Animas, Colorado

69 months ago

Tinny in Lewiston, Michigan said: As we in Michigan all know the Excavating jobs are few and far between. I have been out of work since april of 2008. I did however work on a Custom Harvest crew out west for the summer, It was a great experience but not my line of work. The company I worked for in excavating has lost a lot of people with just five people they lost over 150 years of combined excavating experience. These people left the stat and will no be back and this is just one small company in northern Michigan. From what I have learned this has happened all over Michigan. Witch begs the QUESTION??? What happens when Excavating picks up and it will at some point. Alaska will soon be needing over 7000 Operators for the new gas pipe line they will get them from the northern states. I see wages going sky high in the next few years what do you all think? I have been an Equipment Operator for over thirty years. I belive we are about to see an Operators market. Thought's please.

i believe you are right but the question is the quality of operators. based on my exp. i have seen alot of companys start doing the buddy system or click what ever you call it, witch isnt all bad but some companys are getting the work and just filling posistions with there hunting buddy that quit his job at the local tayler mart to get the pipeliner pay.. and that pushes you and me outa a job.. I have learned that it dont matter how good you are, if there is somebody above you that wants to put his buddy in your hoe, your gone.. It really pisses me off to see this happening and it does all the time.. So as we are watching as we drive by at sombody just breaken out on the line and thinking "dude come on get some quality hands".. sorry im getting worked up about it.. ha ha.. whine'n dine'n pipeline'n..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

charles grant in Madison, Mississippi

69 months ago

i've been working pipeline for a while now, things seem to be slowing down, i heard a rumor about a pipeline coming through mississippi heading towards florida wonder if it's true anyone hear anything about it please let me know... and if it helps anyone go to www.henkelsandmccoy.com and you can find locations with numbers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

brooks92371 in Fort Worth, Texas

69 months ago

Experienced Heavy Equipment Operator looking for work in the DFW metroplex and surrounding counties. Been laid off since December. I need a job! Been hearing rumors of start ups but getting no calls. Been applying everywhere. If anyone hears of anything I sure would appreciate the info.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

roger j in Durham, New Hampshire

67 months ago

Any union pipeline companies I could contact Any names would be appreciated

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Bobby in Ozark, Arkansas

66 months ago

Jobs are seriously getting lean... I think I'm on every list in the country and have gotten 1 call since December to go operate a forklift for a month in WY. Willing to travel and work non-union for the time being... Any leads? Thanks guys...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

sam in Sulphur, Louisiana

65 months ago

hey guys know of any work going on in are around sulphur,la any non union pipeline going in lot of union jobs but i was on the list for 3 years paid dues never got a job now cant afford to pay my dues and now i cant work on this big pipeline going in it is all who you know in union and all about buddy system so please if any one knows of any pipeline going in please let me know I am losing everything i own will travel email me please'''''''
samfurby@yahoo.com

thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

cgmazeika@yahoo.com in Roscoe, Illinois

65 months ago

does anyone on this site know if the contractors in the area are looking for haul drivers with or with out their own trucks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bandana357@yahoo.com in League City, Texas

65 months ago

Where exactly do I need to apply at?

dale1955 in Brandon, Mississippi

64 months ago

I am a member of teamsters union 346 and I am looking for pipeline work. I finish a job in MI. and heard there was a job starting in Madison, MS. Does anyone know any contractors or a job address where I can get in touch with someone? Or any jobs that you know of that is hiring. I have done inspection and I have my class A I can drive just about anything. My email address is kaycoop002@aol.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

scott in Saint Albert, Alberta

64 months ago

Randy46 in Aiken, South Carolina said: If anyone has any leads on work for heavy equipment operators in pipeline I would appreciate it I have 20+ years in the industry and all my contacts are still waiting for something to kick off would gladly share/ swap info.
my e-mail is randell_fields46@yahoo.com

hey bud this is scott up in canada just wondering i have 3 years as an operator on variuos equipment and lookn for a new place to move to need some advice wheather i should look for new career to

Romney Evans in Emerson, Arkansas

64 months ago

I have been trying to get on a union but no one is selling books at this time. I have been working pipeline for 2 years as hoe operator and i am willing to travel. Need to get back to work soon i have a son about to go to college.

Karl the HeavyEquipment Guy

63 months ago

Try local 428 I think that's the correct number out of Oklahoma,sign up as an Oiler.You might have some luck that way.Don't try and bust out as an operator at first.Learn the lingo and how things are done on big pipelines as an oiler first.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

heoperator in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

63 months ago

Does anyone know about any heavy euipmnet operator job openings currently or coming up the next few weeks working on the pipeline?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

63 months ago

Which pipeline are you refering to?

Lew Lambert in Winfield, Kansas

63 months ago

The 49ers out of Minn. is placing people at Thief River Falls.Suppose to last for 2 yrs.

63 months ago

Lew Lambert in Winfield, Kansas said: The 49ers out of Minn. is placing people at Thief River Falls.Suppose to last for 2 yrs.

What kind of project is this at Thief River Falls?

63 months ago

They are putting in new pipe.Working on the right away for now.Job is being done by Micheal's Corp.out of Brownsville,Wi.

Jeremiey Hardy in Shirley, Arkansas

63 months ago

I have been a pipeline operator for over 5 years the company i was working for laid everyone off a few months back and i have been looking for more pipeline jobs whether it be here in arkansas or not I am willing to travel. I have been trying to get my union book but they arent selling any at this time. If anyone has any information on any jobs i would greatly appreciate it.

Jeremiey Hardy in Shirley, Arkansas

63 months ago

Lew Lambert in Winfield, Kansas said: They are putting in new pipe.Working on the right away for now.Job is being done by Micheal's Corp.out of Brownsville,Wi.

I was wondering is this a union job and if ya dont mind me asking where are they working out of?

63 months ago

They are out of Brownsville,Wi.Yes it is a union job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

63 months ago

Does anyone know of any non-union pipeline jobs going on.....heavy equipment operator, I don't care where it is i am willing to travel. Still haven't been able to find a local that is selling books i get the same answer everywhere i call, that they aren't selling books because they don't even have enough work for the ppl they have. email me if u have any info for me romneyevans@yahoo.com

Hal Windnam in Waterford, Michigan

63 months ago

I have been digging mainlinefor last 10yrs looking for change.Thinking of trying pipeline i was told it is a whole different animal but Michigan has dryed up no work since OCT of 08,Any Ideafor work out there.

63 months ago

Bobby in Clarksville, Arkansas said: My local is the 800 from Casper, WY. I am hearing from them that wind mills are the next big thing and they have a giant project kicking off in a few weeks. It isn't pipeline, but it is work. Might be a good place to get on the list. Best wishes, ya'll. Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone....

Bobby, Did the hall go backto being 800 last I heard 3 had taken it over.I was with 800 some years ago

DOZER TOM in Clinton Township, Michigan

63 months ago

work in Michigan SUCKS and so does LOCAL324 unless your working under the NEPOTISM agreement.. had 28 years in 324 left to become a member of IBEW working on windfarms since 07 out west & love it.......

Bobby in Clarksville, Arkansas

63 months ago

Karl the HeavyEquipment Guy said: Bobby, Did the hall go backto being 800 last I heard 3 had taken it over.I was with 800 some years ago

If 3 took over, they gave it back. Of course, I've only been with them a little over a year, and I don't have much history on this hall in particular.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

63 months ago

DOZER TOM in Clinton Township, Michigan said: work in Michigan SUCKS and so does LOCAL324 unless your working under the NEPOTISM agreement.. had 28 years in 324 left to become a member of IBEW working on windfarms since 07 out west & love it.......

Hmmm, I just vouched for a friend of mine so that he could get a book from the 800. They put him to work as a greaser on a windfarm outside of Casper, WY paying him $20/hr. He found out that IBEW was contracting him through IUOE and was making $10 less an hour than if he had been an IBEW member. So, he joined them, and is now making over $30/hr as an operator and absolutely loves it.

We moved to AR in Dec. and are looking to go back VERY soon. Where "out west" are you?

63 months ago

the windfarms sounds like a good job do you have any more information that you can share? he pipeline jobs are getting very hard to get, you have to be related to someone to get a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

63 months ago

Romney Evans in Emerson, Arkansas said: the windfarms sounds like a good job do you have any more information that you can share? he pipeline jobs are getting very hard to get, you have to be related to someone to get a job.

Well, I belong to the Local 800 out of Casper, WY. They tell me that they have a 1000 windmill farm going in starting in approx. 2 weeks. I would call the 800 and get on their out of work list. I don't know how many operators they are going to need, but I do know that any union is not popular in WY, so I doubt they have a huge list (but I'm not positive). Luck!

63 months ago

thanks for the info i will give them a call to see. keep me posted and i will do the same.

63 months ago

Bobby in Clarksville, Arkansas said: If 3 took over, they gave it back. Of course, I've only been with them a little over a year, and I don't have much history on this hall in particular.

It has had a colorful past.It started out as 426 I think,the BM ran off with the pension fund,So it was taken over by 400.400Doubled the dues and built themselves a new hall and bought an airplane and very few Wyoming and S.Dakota people worked.Then it became 800,then it was under intenational supervision. Then it was autonamous,then it went to local 3.Now its 800again wow.Is Ken
Reed still working out of there?

63 months ago

Karl the HeavyEquipment Guy said: It has had a colorful past.It started out as 426 I think,the BM ran off with the pension fund,So it was taken over by 400.400Doubled the dues and built themselves a new hall and bought an airplane and very few Wyoming and S.Dakota people worked.Then it became 800,then it was under intenational supervision. Then it was autonamous,then it went to local 3.Now its 800again wow.Is Ken
Reed still working out of there?

Man, I have no idea. I joined up and was shipped off to a job in Maryland. Then I moved to Arkansas. I haven't even been to a meeting. I've talked to several people at the hall on the phone, but have never met any of them face to face. It's entirely possible, but I just don't know for sure.

63 months ago

Hal Windnam in Waterford, Michigan said: I have been digging mainlinefor last 10yrs looking for change.Thinking of trying pipeline i was told it is a whole different animal but Michigan has dryed up no work since OCT of 08,Any Ideafor work out there.

my kid working pipeline on whitelake rd north of dix.i am sure you clear with 324

63 months ago

Romney Evans in Emerson, Arkansas said: thanks for the info i will give them a call to see. keep me posted and i will do the same.

get a tramp book form the hall make some calls to north&south dakota,iowa,wyoming.just got done in north dakota,next job in iowa .hope to start in 2/3weeks.

Hal Windnam in Waterford, Michigan

63 months ago

Iwill do that thanks,but as you know the way it works today is not what you know,but WHO you know,thats BS.Ihave got on the out of work list in a couple other states but it looks just as bad with 1,000,s on the list. Never seen it this bad but poeple say it goes in 7 year cycles hope it ends soon,thanks again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

63 months ago

Bobby in Clarksville, Arkansas said: Man, I have no idea. I joined up and was shipped off to a job in Maryland. Then I moved to Arkansas. I haven't even been to a meeting. I've talked to several people at the hall on the phone, but have never met any of them face to face. It's entirely possible, but I just don't know for sure.

Just thought I'd give you a heads up on 800,keep an eye on your pension fund and good luck.

63 months ago

Romney Evans in Emerson, Arkansas said: Does anyone know of any non-union pipeline jobs going on.....heavy equipment operator, I don't care where it is i am willing to travel. Still haven't been able to find a local that is selling books i get the same answer everywhere i call, that they aren't selling books because they don't even have enough work for the ppl they have. email me if u have any info for me romneyevans@yahoo.com

Try local 800 in Casper Wyoming.

Peanut in Baltimore, Maryland

62 months ago

Rodney in Greenbelt, Maryland said: Does anyone know of any non-union pipeline jobs going on.....heavy equipment operator, I don't care where it is i am willing to travel. Still haven't been able to find a local that is selling books i get the same answer everywhere i call, that they aren't selling books because they don't even have enough work for the ppl they have. email me if u have any info for me rodnjhnsn@yahoo.com

Try the "Pipe Line Hall of Hall" just use the internet, there's a subscription to the job ads, but if you are serious and have experience as a hoe/sideboom/dozerhand that would be a good place to start!
I was also told that local 77 hall's almost empty, sold be able to get your book through them, if you have experience.
Good luck!

Peanut in Baltimore, Maryland

62 months ago

Peanut in Baltimore, Maryland said: Try the "Pipe Line Hall of Hall" just use the internet, there's a subscription to the job ads, but if you are serious and have experience as a hoe/sideboom/dozerhand that would be a good place to start!
I was also told that local 77 hall's almost empty, sold be able to get your book through them, if you have experience.
Good luck!

That's "Pipe line hall of fame" not hall of hal, LOL!

mary in Rockton, Illinois

62 months ago

Hi guys!
My fiance is a truck driver wanting to be heavy equipment and if I could find him something in northern wi. I would be so much closer to my family. I know you guys are all trying to survive in this economy but if anybody knows of anything around northern wi. please post. Thanks guys and God bless you all.

Lew in Winfield, Kansas

61 months ago

There's a pipeline in Minn.by Thief River Falls.Not sure if they are hiring.Micheals has the job.

61 months ago

Could someone please tell me how to go about getting a book for the operators union? Also how much they cost? Thank you guys, you have been very helpful to me by not ignoring my posts. Thanks again. Take care and God bless you all.

61 months ago

Hey everyone,
I need to find out how to get a union book. Please e-mail me at missliltude@yahoo.com and let me know thanks guys.

HRDWRKMAN in Newark, Ohio

57 months ago

Has anyone heard of or seen anything start up for the pipeline in Wichita Kansas?

Dusty in Galveston, Texas

56 months ago

Dusty in Galveston, Texas said: How convienient you delete all the facts of the wrong doing of the international and mske comment with no proof. Like I said I have the records and documentation. The OLMS is involved and they are not investigating Ronnie. They are investigating Mark Maher and Mike Wall. Look on line they have severe penalties for minor infractions why are they not pursuing charges against Ronnie? You are going to see the end of 450.

A feeling or a sense that something is wrong is not proof.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

witness in Deer Park, Texas

56 months ago

Dusty in Galveston, Texas said: A feeling or a sense that something is wrong is not proof.

Once again avoiding the obvious. It was never a "sense or feeling" it was serious enough of an issue that I brought it to the attention of the international that there were ethics, business practices and questions concerning the operation of that local.

Mind you, I was just an outsider with no ties to this organization but I do wish the 450 good wishes on getting back on track with a fearless/honest leader.

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.