heavy equipment operators jobs in alberta

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (19)

Drew in Ottawa, Ontario

72 months ago

am just looking to see if there is anyone who knows the best spot to apply for heavy equipment jobs in alberta where we would be living in camps

There is 3 of us who would like to go out and operate in either the mines or oil fields

we all have a least 5 years of experience and are all under the age of 30

anyways if you can help thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (61) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

ZX9R Ninja in Orangeville, Ontario

55 months ago

rick in Newbury Park, California said: fort mcmurrey 200 miles north of alberta oil sands project pays 45 hr and up extreme remote duty but a small town has popped up because of the oil sands

I too am interested in making dollars like that. Where would I apply to, how do I find out more info. I would definetly go there if I could secure a job there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

rick in Spring Lake, North Carolina

55 months ago

i applied last year when they were advertising for alot of help,never got a response but if you do some reasearch im sure you could find it on the net,i read operators were making 53 bucks an hour straight time

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Peter Frenette in Bathurst, New Brunswick

54 months ago

there are two of us looking for work anywhere in Canada as heavy equipment operators camp jobs, can anyone help us?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

blazinja in Lloydminster, Alberta

54 months ago

well i am from alberta and just giving you all a heads up for one it helps to know someone that already works for a company in fort mcmurray area. And 2 the wage people have posted are a little high but you can make up to 39 to 47 hr straight time. but it will take you awhile to get on. It takes you about 3 weeks or so from your first interview to start working . there is 2 interviews the first one takes 2 weeks to hear back and then you get the next one after that there is drug and a health check will also be done. hope this helps and good luck to you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ZX9R Ninja in Orangeville, Ontario

54 months ago

I would love to make that kind of money,(39 - 47/hr) and would have no issue with working in a remote camp does any one have some ideas of who I could contact. Also what about paying taxes if I'm from Ontario(non Alberta resident), do I have to pay more?? Any help would be much appreciated

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jeffriesmb in Deridder, Louisiana

54 months ago

How aften do they hire Americans, Canada usually hires Canadaians (sp)first I hear.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Rick in Kinston, North Carolina

54 months ago

wish americans would practice that

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

don in Estevan, Saskatchewan

45 months ago

Karl the heavy equipment guy in Winchester, California said: Drew, Try I&D management in Yellowknife.
They are looking for Drillers and Haul
truck drivers for the Diavik mine. Go to Diaviks website for more info.

I worked as a haul truck driver underground with vale inco,have a class 1 with air,have ran excavators ,loaders graders,very experienced with equipment, looking for camp work more info just email donjk45@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nyle in Killeen, Texas

45 months ago

Have over 20 years expierience in equipment operation, need work willing to relocat in texas now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

maggspie2010 in Edmonton, Alberta

43 months ago

rick in Newbury Park, California said: fort mcmurrey 200 miles north of alberta oil sands project pays 45 hr and up extreme remote duty but a small town has popped up because of the oil sands

ummm....fort mac is IN Alberta dude!! Its 200 miles north of the capital city which would be Edmonton.Lol... 200 miles north of Alberta would in fact take you very close to santa clauses house!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

rick in Eden, North Carolina

43 months ago

great!! is santa looking for equipment operating helpers? dude....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

rajwinder singh in Doha, Qatar

32 months ago

i am work in gulf countries from sinse 2005 on heavy equatement before me work in U.A.E&now i am in Qatar i have both countries license ihave a good job but salary poor so iwant ajob in canada for my good future i like also canadas law system &socity so iwant come in canada very hopefull rajwinder singh

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Harv Singh in Toronto, Ontario

31 months ago

I plan on getting my licenses through Transport Training Centers of Canada for using the excavator, backhoe, grader, and bulldozer. With those 4 licenses and no experience how hard of a time would i get trying to get a job over in Alberta in one of those camps. I really need this job in order to support my family so anyone with any advice for someone whose fairly new to the field please feel free to give your suggestions. It would definetly help me out. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Belljoe in Vancouver, Washington

31 months ago

I just graduated from a heavy equipment school,and am certified in Backhoe,Dozer,Trachoe Rollers and the cranes Is it easy for me to get a joob as an entry level operator anywere in the job fields out in canada I am living in Vacouver WA?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jessica in Grande Prairie, Alberta

25 months ago

i have gotten my certificates threw the same school I have been out here looking for work and getting no where. I wish you luck as they are looking for ppl with experience.

Harv Singh in Toronto, Ontario said: I plan on getting my licenses through Transport Training Centers of Canada for using the excavator, backhoe, grader, and bulldozer. With those 4 licenses and no experience how hard of a time would i get trying to get a job over in Alberta in one of those camps. I really need this job in order to support my family so anyone with any advice for someone whose fairly new to the field please feel free to give your suggestions. It would definetly help me out. Thanks.

Jay Rose in Peterborough, Ontario

25 months ago

Hello, Im from Ontario and just finish school for Transport Training Centers of Canada for Excavator, Bulldozer, and Backhoe. I'm ready go work and i will travel to Alberta or Yukon, or BC. Will help me find job please thank, Reply me back soon thank.

gary d duval in Greenville, Rhode Island

23 months ago

30 year journey man,operator,mass hoe,utilities,prod loader,30 tears of agg processing.have class A cdl and hoisting lic,no infractions on either ever.how do i get a job.can pull pipe trench within 1/100th by eye.cant get a job,willing to relocate,help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Eugene in Los Angeles, California

21 months ago

rick in Spring Lake, North Carolina said: i applied last year when they were advertising for alot of help,never got a response but if you do some research im sure you could find it on the net,i read operators were making 53 bucks an hour straight time

It is no wonder who would relinquish sun and family to freezing balls withing 20-30C temperature?I would let me know if you dig any!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.