Becoming a Home Health Aide

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 240)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Mari in Escalon, California

88 months ago

George,
I found free home health aide training offered through the New York Bilingual Institute. Classes start every 5th week, be at the location by 9:15am to register. The address is : 415 East 120 St. NY, NY 10035. Their telephone # is (212)860-6820 ext. 5211 or 5216.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (169) / No (48) Reply - Report abuse

iasia in Newark, New Jersey

87 months ago

hello my name is iasia and i'm looking to find a home health aide trianing so i can become a home health aide i would like to know if possible can i get information on how can i enroll in one of these training and times and dates also the location of the training please contact me at 973-565-9339 thank you.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (101) / No (25) Reply - Report abuse

Davina in Boston, Massachusetts

87 months ago

i am looking for a free home health aide training

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (147) / No (24) Reply - Report abuse

amanda pighte in Bronx, New York

85 months ago

George in Bronx, New York said: Hello. I am posting this comment to search for a training center near me where I can study to become a Home Health Aide. I live in Bronx,NY. I would like for anyone who has information to tell me what school near me can provide me with the training to become a Home Health Aide. I need information on schedules, costs, and the time it takes to complete the course. If someone can help me with information, please contact me. Thank you.

1347 597 8727

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (56) / No (23) Reply - Report abuse

ANGIE

84 months ago

HI I LIVE IN QUEENS DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A FREE TRAINING COURSE TO BECOME A HOME HEALTH AIDE PROGRAM ON SATURDAYS?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (352) / No (77) Reply - Report abuse

kristina in Bronx, New York

83 months ago

George in Bronx, New York said: Hello. I am posting this comment to search for a training center near me where I can study to become a Home Health Aide. I live in Bronx,NY. I would like for anyone who has information to tell me what school near me can provide me with the training to become a Home Health Aide. I need information on schedules, costs, and the time it takes to complete the course. If someone can help me with information, please contact me. Thank you.

In the daily news sunday paper, home assistance personnel, INC. gives free hha training. call 718-329-8399

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

M. Stokes

83 months ago

How much does being a home health aide pay?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (41) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Yvonne in Cleveland, Ohio

81 months ago

I live actually in the Northeastern part of Ohio, a town called Ashtabula. Is there a training program near me for becoming a Home Health Aid? I have been searching the web for hours and am getting frustrated. Thanks for the help. Yvonne

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Stacy- Bronx NY in Glassboro, New Jersey

81 months ago

amanda pighte in Bronx, New York said: 1347 597 8727

My name is Stacy- I am a recruitere of Home Health Aides. My agency- HHH Home Care, Inc. is located in teh Bronx. we service Bronx and Westchester. We offer FREE training. Call me, I cna help. 800-292-7895 or cell 646-648-2261 e-mail address sburns@hhhinc.org. Hope to hear from you soon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

c.torres in Pasadena, Maryland

81 months ago

I HAVE WORKED FOR PROGRESSIVE HOME HEALTH SERVICES FOR A FEW MONTHS THOUGH I HAVE BEEN IN THE FEILD FOR A VERY LONG TIME... BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY,.. THOUGH IT IS VERY LARGE THIS COMPANY'S POLICY AND INTEGRITY IS VERY POOR. THERE IS NO ROOM FOR ADVANCEMENT IN THIS COMPANY. IF YOU OPEN ANY DAILY NEWS NEWSPAPER AND LOOK UNDER JOB TRAINING THERE IS A LARGE SELECTION OF COMPANIES THAT YOU MIGHT WANT TO CONSIDER.. JUST BE SURE TO ASK CRUIAL QUESTIONS SUCH AS BASE PAY, HEALTH COVERAGE WHICH IS USUALLY 1199, TRAINING WHICH IS 1-3 WEEKS UNPAID, AND POLICY. PRIVATE WORK IS DEFINATELY BETTER FOR YOU CAN CREATE YOUR SCHEDULE , PAY AND DUTIES. GOOD LUCK!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (34) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

knifesa holden in Bronx, New York

80 months ago

i would like to become a home health aide i live in the bronx can you help me find a free school

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

sburns in Bridgewater, New Jersey

80 months ago

My agency gives a free 3 week training to be an HHA Call me Stacy @ 646-648-2261 We are on Bartow Ave in the Bronx

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

sburns in Bridgewater, New Jersey

80 months ago

John in Brooklyn, New York said: Well not much.Im getting 7.15 an hour.working 52 hours a week.2 Unions.1199 and DC local 1707.As soon as I get my certificate will leave this agency for an agency afiliated with 1199.DC 1707
colects money from a minimum wage check.Need I say more?The free
training agencys pay minimum wage and charge you 100 hundred dollars for the physical.Loo for 1199 afiliated hospital providers agencies after you get your certificate.

John

we start at 8 an hour, have benefit eligibility and 1199- HHH Home Care, Inc.
Call Stacy 646-648-2261

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

melissa

80 months ago

Yvonne in Cleveland, Ohio said: I live actually in the Northeastern part of Ohio, a town called Ashtabula. Is there a training program near me for becoming a Home Health Aid? I have been searching the web for hours and am getting frustrated. Thanks for the help. Yvonne

hello yvonne i just wanted you to know if you have exp. like i do i stuck an add in the paper looking for a job for a family in need and i got phone call after phone call i lived in andover so i know where your located alot of places you dont have to state tested to be a home health aid and in some assited living facilitys you dont have to be state testes and believe me you do the same the same stuff as a stna would do but get paid less so just do what i did it is better than working for a crap whole agency!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

rachell jones in Akron, Ohio

80 months ago

Hi i would like to know how can i become a private HHA

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

shirley in Bronx, New York

79 months ago

Stacy- Bronx NY in Glassboro, New Jersey said: My name is Stacy- I am a recruitere of Home Health Aides. My agency- HHH Home Care, Inc. is located in teh Bronx. we service Bronx and Westchester. We offer FREE training. Call me, I cna help. 800-292-7895 or cell 646-648-2261 e-mail address sburns@hhhinc.org. Hope to hear from you soon.

hi stacy my name is shirley i reside in south ozone park queens i would like to register for your hhh training and become a hhh please give me a call at 718-835-0862

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

aliciajames in newark, New Jersey

78 months ago

hey im alicia . rigt not im attending nursing school . i just graduated highschool and need a job in the healht field while attending school . deies anyone no of any free hha classes in the nj or ny area. or of any free cna classes . if u do plz reply back or contact me at 9739915232

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

aliciajames in newark, New Jersey

78 months ago

plz

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Lisa

78 months ago

I am currently finshing my degree in Nursing. I working for this company as an assistant admistrator from 9 to 5pm however, I'll be doing my clinicals this fall so I'm requrie to be in the hospital during these hours therefore, I'm looking for flexability and i have a car to commute. My certificate expired and a resident of N.Y.C. Does anyone know an agency that can provide me with training to be cerf.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Natalie R

78 months ago

Hello, my Name is Natalie R. I'm 19 from the bronx, also a High School Grad. I would love to become a Home health adie. So if they are anyone with helpfull info... please email me at (NanizYourz@tmail.com)

Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Natalie R

78 months ago

Hello, my Name is Natalie R. I'm 19 from the bronx, also a High School Grad. I would love to become a Home health adie. So if there's anyone with helpfull info... please contact me at: NanizYourz@tmail.com

Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Who Knows in Jackson Heights, New York

78 months ago

Hello I'm looking for a HHA Agency that give the course for free in Queens NY and what happens if you are breast feeding (in reference to the immunization) can i still work that way without the immunization

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

sebmi08 in Shirley, New York

78 months ago

I live in shirley NY I'm looking for the same things.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

sebmi08 in Shirley, New York

77 months ago

I live in shirley NY I need a free home health aid school in my ares. can somebody help me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Maura at HHH Home Care in Georgetown, Kentucky

77 months ago

Lisa said: I am currently finshing my degree in Nursing. I working for this company as an assistant admistrator from 9 to 5pm however, I'll be doing my clinicals this fall so I'm requrie to be in the hospital during these hours therefore, I'm looking for flexability and i have a car to commute. My certificate expired and a resident of N.Y.C. Does anyone know an agency that can provide me with training to be cerf.

We offer competency testing for those whose certificates expire. Please contact Stacy @ sburns@hhhinc.org or call 718-239-6644 for more information

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Maura at HHH Home Care, Bronx, NY in Georgetown, Kentucky

77 months ago

Natalie R said: Hello, my Name is Natalie R. I'm 19 from the bronx, also a High School Grad. I would love to become a Home health adie. So if they are anyone with helpfull info... please email me at (NanizYourz@tmail.com)

Thank you.

Natalie, HHH Home Care in the Bronx offers free HHA training. Contact stacy via e-mail: sburns@hhhinc.org or call 781-239-6644 for additional information

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Kelly in Flushing, New York

77 months ago

Hi, my name is Kelly and I'm from the Flushing, NY area. I'm also willing to travel to the Manhattan area. I would like to know if there are any free HHA training around my area or in Queens. Is there any examination required? Any other related information of how to get into the field and how it works would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Maura at HHH Home Care, Bronx, NY in Bronx, New York

77 months ago

At out agency you starting salary will be $8/hr will annual increases based on a union contract. If you are interested please contact Stacy Burns at sburns@hhhinc.org or 718-239-6644

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Dave in Massillon, Ohio

76 months ago

Yvonne in Cleveland, Ohio said: I live actually in the Northeastern part of Ohio, a town called Ashtabula. Is there a training program near me for becoming a Home Health Aid? I have been searching the web for hours and am getting frustrated. Thanks for the help. Yvonne

Hi Yvonne. Did you ever find a training course to become a home health aide? There are a few in your area. See for example, Absolute Home Health in Canton, Ohio (about 1.2 hours away), but there are training courses in Cleveland, including Tri C.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ann in Bronx, New York

76 months ago

wants an hha training , i am willing to pay for it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

stacy burns in Pine Bush, New York

76 months ago

amanda pighte in Bronx, New York said: 1347 597 8727

call 646-648-2261 for FREE Home health aide training in the Bronx

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Giselle in North Babylon, New York

76 months ago

Is there any free paid training in north babylon or babylon for hha , that can guranteed a job after certification....Anyone knows any info please email me at mixedpleasures@yahoo.com...please help thanx

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

karen in Huntsville, Alabama

75 months ago

RedCross in Huntsville,Al. on Washington St.call 411 for infor.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

karen in Huntsville, Alabama

75 months ago

aliciajames in newark, New Jersey said: hey im alicia . rigt not im attending nursing school . i just graduated highschool and need a job in the health field while attending school . deies anyone no of any free hha classes in the nj or ny area. or of any free cna classes . if u do plz reply back or contact me at 9739915232

go online and see if Homeinstead.com have any thing in ur area i live in AL. but u don't have to have experience to wrok there good luck or try American RedCross give them a call@256-536-0084 or256-876-3381

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Priscilla in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

75 months ago

M. Stokes said: How much does being a home health aide pay?

The place I work for is Granny Nannies. Their pay can range anywhere between $9-$15 an hr! But it varies according to how many hours you work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

khabirah in Newark, New Jersey

75 months ago

are there any free hha classes in the new jersey area

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

HI I'm Mimi in Bronx, New York

75 months ago

and im looking for HHA Free, Training in the bronx area plaese call me if anybody have information call me at 347-621-0282

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

stacy burns in Pine Bush, New York

75 months ago

CAll Stacy Burns 646-648-2261 HHH Home Care, Inc. and we offer a FREE Home Health Aide training.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Priscilla in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

75 months ago

Go to Universalclass.com, and they offer a "Nurse Aide Training" program online. This is all you need to get a HHA degree so you can start work for an agency! You have to pay about $70.00 for the course that comes with a Certificate or $50 for the basic course, but it was worth it for me! It is very easy to take and very easy to learn. The teacher there is very helpful. Enjoy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Terry L. Cherry in Brooklyn, New York

75 months ago

Sara718 in brooklyn, New York said: Hey.
Theres a free training to become a Cretified Home Health Aides

Free Training
You will be hired upon successful completion of a New York State Certified Course as a Home Health Aid
They offer Benefits and Cash Bonuses.

To Qualify for trainig you must:
1- Be Authorized to work in U.S (SS#)
2-Read And Write English
3-Pass a Drug Test
4-Have no crimminal Background

Call and leave a number where you can be reached.
9:00am to 9:00pm
212-505-1680

Thank You, I really needed this info. I work in the morning part time so when are the classes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

holdris brian in las angels, California

75 months ago

Yeah, I think this is good information you have shared here and I think this will help for all visitors here.

www.acidrefluxatoz.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

leelee in Bronx, New York

75 months ago

im looking for a free home health aid traing in the bronx

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Harry in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

75 months ago

Thank you for this information on health aide news.

Much regards,
Dave
www.selfhelpgrowing.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

SONIA BONILLA in Bronx, New York

75 months ago

GOOD DAY I SAW YOUR COMMENT THAT UR LOOKING FOR A FREE TRAINIG ON HOME HEALTH AIDE. WE ARE LOCATION AT 2100 BARTOW AVE SUITE 310 HHH HOME CARE. OUR HOUR TO APPLY ARE MON THRU THURSDAY 9AM TIL 230PM. FELL FREE TO COME AND APPLY WITH OUR COMPANY.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Laura in Bronx, New York

75 months ago

SONIA BONILLA in Bronx, New York said: GOOD DAY I SAW YOUR COMMENT THAT UR LOOKING FOR A FREE TRAINIG ON HOME HEALTH AIDE. WE ARE LOCATION AT 2100 BARTOW AVE SUITE 310 HHH HOME CARE. OUR HOUR TO APPLY ARE MON THRU THURSDAY 9AM TIL 230PM. FELL FREE TO COME AND APPLY WITH OUR COMPANY.

I'm intested in taking your class. When does the next one start?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tatiana in Corona, New York

75 months ago

Hello
Am looking for a free HHA training in Queens. I have called several numbers but still , no responses. Please if anyone have the address and number of a school in Queens for free classes. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Melissa in Bronx, New York

74 months ago

Hello Am looking For Free HHA Training
in The Bronx Email Me @ MEliSSAR0YAlTY@HOTMAil.COM

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Libertarian in Albany, New York

74 months ago

If you pay tuition, make sure the Home Health Aide program is approved by BPSS at the New York State Education Department, the list is www.highered.nysed.gov/bpss/HHA_PCA_Schools8-20-08.htm and their website here www.highered.nysed.gov/bpss/ ,
or, if no tuition is charged, by the Dept. of Health. The Attorney General is, since last year, chasing illegal schools and also charging Home Health Aides who billed Medicaid etc while knowing that the school they attended was unlicensed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Libertarian in Albany, New York

74 months ago

Sorry for the mistake, here is the general BPSS website, for inquiries about HHA programs that charge tuition
www.highered.nysed.gov/bpss/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Claude in Cleveland, Ohio

74 months ago

Thank you very much.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.