CNA salary

Comments (1 to 50 of 117)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

sachsenmaier3 in Hatboro, Pennsylvania

76 months ago

How come CNA's dont get paid enough for all that work that they do. Iam a CNA and experience for 18yrs and I only get pay 13.00 pool,and full time 10per hour and to many patients and other duties to do. I think CNA's should get pay at 18per hour.

Suzie in North Dartmouth, Massachusetts

76 months ago

sachsenmaier3 in Hatboro, Pennsylvania said: How come CNA's dont get paid enough for all that work that they do. Iam a CNA and experience for 18yrs and I only get pay 13.00 pool,and full time 10per hour and to many patients and other duties to do. I think CNA's should get pay at 18per hour.

Your absolutely right!!! I think its a shame that CNA's get paid so little for what they do...they do more for the residents than the nurses or doctors do...its awful...I hope it changes soon...It doesn't seem fair...it doesn't matter how good a CNA is...to be a CNA you first need to be a gifted person and really care about people, it certainly isn't for the money.

sachsenmaier3 in Hatboro, Pennsylvania

76 months ago

Suzie in North Dartmouth, Massachusetts said: Your absolutely right!!! I think its a shame that CNA's get paid so little for what they do...they do more for the residents than the nurses or doctors do...its awful...I hope it changes soon...It doesn't seem fair...it doesn't matter how good a CNA is...to be a CNA you first need to be a gifted person and really care about people, it certainly isn't for the money.

To be realistic is all about money now and days. A person can be gifted and have compasion for the sick but we work hard and we deserve better. working for 18yrs as a cna in long term care, no one realize how hard cna's work for so little and we dont get much respect about what we do for the residents and more.

MARIA

75 months ago

sachsenmaier3 in Hatboro, Pennsylvania said: How come CNA's dont get paid enough for all that work that they do. Iam a CNA and experience for 18yrs and I only get pay 13.00 pool,and full time 10per hour and to many patients and other duties to do. I think CNA's should get pay at 18per hour.

THATS RIGHT MY FRIEND.I GET THE SAME MONEY.ANDA LOT MORE DUTIES.AND TO PUT UP WITH THE NURSES BAD TEMPER.BECAUSE. BECAUSE THEY HATE THE PLACE. THE RESIDENTS. I HEARD ONE OF NURSES SAID THAT YESTERDAY,YOU CANNOT ASK THEM NOTHING.18 RESIDENTS TOTAKE CARE.WE WORK SHORT EVERY DAY I DONT WANT TO MEKE YOU FEEL BAD BUT IS NOTHING BUT THE TRUE. IAM IN COLORADO.

MARIA

75 months ago

HELLO AGAIN I COMPLETE FORGET TO TELL YOU NOT ONLY WE GET PENNIES FOR A CNA JOB. BUT WE HAVE TO RENEW THE CNA LICENSE WE HAVE TO PAY TO GET EXPLOT. HOO GOD PLEASE HELP US,

sachsenmaier3 in Warminster, Pennsylvania

75 months ago

MARIA said: HELLO AGAIN I COMPLETE FORGET TO TELL YOU NOT ONLY WE GET PENNIES FOR A CNA JOB. BUT WE HAVE TO RENEW THE CNA LICENSE WE HAVE TO PAY TO GET EXPLOT. HOO GOD PLEASE HELP US,

I renew my cna state certification last year and it was free. iam in pennsylvania. every 2 years I get a recertification and a phone number from the nursing registry in Pa and I go online to get my certification renewed and it doesnt take long. Now about the nurses having a temper over the small stuff and about the place they work, well, is not the place is the people that we all work with. the cna's and the nurses should work together as a team and stop the ignorance and the negativity about whos patient it is and answer the bell, if we work together the place would be a pleasent place to work and more. I also think if the company Pays a little bit better everyone would be encauraged to do a better job. There is a saying, money talks and bs walks.

75 months ago

One more thing, I used to work for an Agency and it was great, but the thing is... I dont understand why other CNA's treat agency like crap? They should be apreciated that agency is there to help and no one has to work short. Also the nurses are rude and they wont give the agency aide a full report about the residents, are they suposed to be mind readers? Like I said b4, if everyone works together as a team and stop the nonesense, the place would be a pleasent place to work, after all, we are all there to do are jobs.

75 months ago

I wish the facilities would hired more Cnas and nurses if necesary, and pay better, the residents would get much better care. Because the shortness of help, everyone is cutting corners and the poor residents wont get the best care that they deserve, it doesnt have to be this way.

Suzie in North Dartmouth, Massachusetts

74 months ago

To all the CNA's out there....This is the most important job that anyone can do...(teaching children ranks high too). You are gifted people...you are certaintly not in it for the money so it must be because your heart is greater than greed. I hope the pays change soon. The medical field makes so much money from medicine to supplies and everything else that goes with it. It really is a shame that CNA's are not appreciated like they should be. And shame on "those" RN's and LPN's that look down on CNA's thinking that your better than them...If your not grateful for them now, you better hope that someday you won't be left in a position where you will need to be grateful.

to live is suffer to survive is tosuffer in Springfield Gardens, New York

73 months ago

i want to become a hha and then pay my way through school to become a nurse but my mom being a head nurse she see how hha and cnas get paid and treated i mean there is some agency thats pay u alot more especially with experience that you have but for 18 yrs and ur gettin paid 13 that makes no sense here in ny youll properly get paid 18 , 19 an hr .. my mom dont want me to be a hha or a cna because the nurses are very lazy and rude and dont want to do anythin but collect a pay check and have the hha and cnas do their jobs but my mother coming from the bottom and dealt with ignorant nurses when she was a lab technician and work her way through school and became a nurse and now a head nurse she put nurses in there places or send them home or have them transfered if they treat the cnas and hhas badly, its ridiculous but im do it and if the nurses treat me badly ill just go work somewhere else because no matter how the job is stressful its how u make it and when u have co workers and managers that make it stressful its hard to keep a smile on your face i work for verizon as a tech i dont get paid much but i dont like my job any more anymore thats why im looking into being a cna or hha and work my way up im not gonan let no ignorant nurse get in my way because they are the one who will get what they deserve and their evil will past oone to their innocent ones .... not sayin anything bad but i see that happen ...

dranumba

73 months ago

Sorry to say this but, it goes a long way with the experience one possess. CNA are requied by the state of Michigan to to trained for at least 100-200 hours gor training and that's about a couple of days. Compared to doctors which go to school for more than half their life to be LISCENCED to give out medication and are held a greater liability. Thus, the salaray is higher for they can do more medically for the patient. A CNA only takes care of them phyisically and depending on their facility may or maybe GIVE the patient their mediciine. Notice how we CNAs are not even allowed to handle percribtions on the phone by the doctor. Thus, the experience in school depends on how much you're getting paid. If you go back for a Nursing Tecnhian then you're get paid about the CNA salary because they want people to draw patients blood (phelombotomy).

seether in Cherry Hill, New Jersey

73 months ago

Sorry to be realistic.. I'm prefacing this with the fact that I respect Nurses, CNA's and CHHA's. But the main difference between the monetary values this society places on either job title is education. Bachelors or Associate degrees are required for RNs, who get paid the most out of the jobs being discussed. Certification programs for CHHA's can only be a few weeks. And applying and getting into the programs are competitive. It's unfair but that's the way it works with any professional career (for the most part). Yeah, they might or might not work equally hard but what it really comes down to is the type of educational background a person has. Experience matters too, but after a while you can only have so much experience. Thats why the opportunity to "move higher" in the health field is always open, and usually is preferred for those with experience.

Tawana Robinson in Conley, Georgia

73 months ago

Hello,
What I have is 14 years of experience, 12 of them hospice aide in the homes. I live outside of Atlanta, GA. and the pay isnt grat here either 8.00 in facilities and maybe 12.00 hha starting plus mileage.
But I keep my head up and know thtat Im giving great care no matter the pay.

saadams07 in Minneapolis, Minnesota

72 months ago

I have been a Nursing Assistant for 4 years and it all depends where you go. I now make 17.00/ hr. I started out low and made my way to the top.

MARIA

72 months ago

HELLO DEAR FRIEND. YOU RIHT, IN SOME PLACES THEY PAY MORE. OR LESS. BUT NOBORY PAY 17 DLLRS AN HOUR. I THINK THEY PAY 17 DLLRS A DAY HERE. OUUCH. BUT WHAT CAN WE DO? WE NEED SOME KIND OF UNION OR SOMETHING.TO HELP US TO LIVE MORE DECENT LIFE. I JUST WANT TO SAID HELLO AND HAPPY CNA DAY TO ALL OF YOU. MF

MARIA

72 months ago

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR COMENTS, THAT TELL ME AM NOT THE ONLY ONE AM SUFERING. FROM ALL THIS PILE OF YOU KNOW WHAT. SORRY ME AND MY BIG MOUTH. YOUR FRIEND. MF

MARIA

72 months ago

I THINK YOU ARE RIGTH 99%9 OR IWOUDL SAID 100 FOR YOU.BECAUSE I CAN READ IT IN YOUR LETTER. YOU HAVE A BIG HEART. I JUST PRAY THAT YOU AND ME AND.ALL THE GOOD CNA S THAT WE CAN FIND BETTER JOBS OR SOMETHING THAT WE CAN PAID AT LEAST OUR BILLS. AND FEED OUR KIDS.AND LIVE A DECENT. LIFE, THANK YOU YOUR FRIEND. MARIA

Sandra in Tacoma, Washington

72 months ago

I am a Certified Medical Assistant, since 2004. Only worked less then a year. CMA's make very good money which increases of course by the number of years of experience. I have learned the fundamentals of caregiving, and have been a home care provider for 4 years. The starting pay for home care is good. Here in Washington is $10.With each year there have been cost of living raises and annual hire date increases after a yearly employee evaluation. Continued paid training and education. SO, this week I finshed the first week of a five week CNA training class. This has been something I have thought about doing for a few years and with several good reasons attached. I see how everything I have accomplished has come together. My thought is I enjoy all of this and has opened many doors. I don't know what the salary is for CNA's here in Washington state. I know being in a Union is where some money would be. Taking less then what I make now I'm not sure how much less I would consider going. Like all of you I am a very hard worker and I enjoy this type of work. I am giving back to the community. There is going to be good and bad in every type of business not just for us CMA's and CNA's. There is a common thread we all share. All of the comments everyone has posted are very good. You must know that you are a special type of individual whose work is important and very much appreciated. No matter how hard, the rewards outway everything else. Thank you.

captainnapolentorres in Woodstock, Illinois

72 months ago

i need a babby sitting with a very good attracting salary there in Uk to take care of my kids there

glenn in Indianapolis, Indiana

72 months ago

i cant even find a C.N.A job iv been certifide for 4 months and iv been doing apps all over indiana it seems like dont nobody wants to hire me im geting upset because now i feel like i got certifide for nothing its so hard what can i do to better my chances

MARIA

72 months ago

GLENN. TRY TO TALK TO ONE OF THE CNA. AFTER YOU MAKE AN APPLICATION. OR ANY NURSE. ASK FOR HER]HIS NAME. MAKE A LIST WITH NAME ANDPLACE WHERE YOU APLY.OK? THEN GO BACK OR CALL AND ASK FOR THAT PERSON. AND IF THEY HAVE SOMETHING TO SAID ABOUT YOUR APPL. IN ANOTHER WORDS. USE NAMES. TO COMUNICATE BACK. AND CHANGE YOUR ATITUDE. DONT LET YOUR MIND TELL YOU NEVER GONA FIND A JOB! BECAUSE. YOU ARE SPECIAL. NOT EVERYBORY. WANT TO WORK WITH THE OLD AND SICH . GOD BLEES YOU....MF

Queen in Beloit, Wisconsin

71 months ago

If I lived there I would help with the kids i love kids i have four myself and i been a CNA for 7 years and a medical assistant for 4 years.

jesus lardo in Palm Coast, Florida

68 months ago

hii l;ove pudding so muchit is good :

MARIA

68 months ago

WHAT KIND OF PUDDING? WHAT? WHAT YOU TALKING ABOUT?

lisa17 in Spanaway, Washington

66 months ago

I am attending school to be an RN. In the meantime I just started my first nursing job as a NAR awaiting testing to become a CNA. I get no medical for 1 year, no vacation time and 10.20 an hour. The position will be day's...the busiest shift! CNA work is 99% of the work. We are the one's who care, listen and report. We are the one's who are the backbone of care. So why do we receive so little. Pay should reward you for what you've done. Not punish you for the good you bring!

james bond in Elk Grove Village, Illinois

66 months ago

I would have to absolutly agree with all of you ive been a cna for about a year now working in a nursing home and i love it!!! i love helping its the greatest feeling in the world. i do think cnas are not paid nearly what they are worth but maybe someday we will. i also agree about some of the nurses that think they are better than everyone. i was filling o2 tanks the other day and i noticed that a resident was on the floor just laying there i checked the patient made sure they were ok and went to go get the nurse. when i told them that there was a resident out of bed on the floor they told me that they knew and that emergancy services were on the way and continued sitting there talking to eachother. i couldnt belive it no one was sitting with the resident and it seemed like they didnt care at all and it has left me with a bad taste for some of the people at my facility. I dont get paid enough to deal with there garbage. but thank you to all you fellow cna's out there you make a huge different in your patients/residents lives!

Taye baby in Wilmington, Delaware

65 months ago

I agree that CNA don't get paid much for what we do. I have been a CNA for 11 years and just recieved my Medical assistant certification 2 years ago. At the present time I work at a pysciatric hospital as a attendant making 14.00/hr. I believe that we should use CNA jobs as a stepping stone to go further in healthcare. My job offers to send you to Nursing school. There are many other companies who offer this advantage. My advice to any fellow CNA is to find a place that offers this program and take advantage of it. the bottom line is we are at the bottom of the totem pole unfortunately in order to recieve better pay we have to educate ourselves to get one of the better paying healthcare jobs. I know it's easier said than done. I had to wait this long to get started for nursing school because I couldn't afford to take the time off, but now my son is older and I can dedicate the time I am definetly going to get from the bottom of the totem pole to the top and I suggest you do the same.

Nicole in New York, New York

65 months ago

I wonder if I make the right choice by going to school to become a Medical Assistant.I can't find a job in New York City to save my life. Now on my way to do CNA classes. I have noticed that most of the job openings are for CNA's.. I love to be able to give back and assist those who can't assist themselves.I would hate to think of another two years of schooling just after finishing but, in so many words this is what I take with me from the messages I have read so far..RN may be our only hope... Good Luck everyone and stay positve! Wonder who we can write to and let our voices be heard?

slow hammer in Tacoma, Washington

64 months ago

i have been a cna for many years starting out in nursing homes then group homes then home health agencies what i do now is private pay clients as much as possible. this job i now have is ending in a week i've had this job for a year pay 25.00 an hour i pay my own taxes which take a third of that. i am good at caring for others i have common sense,compassion,and the ability to anticapate a need or want before it is asked. i am best with fussy picky clients. i'm looking forward to meeting my next work situation. either through an agency or word of mouth is usually how clients come to me i've been lucky the last several years to have clients that pay well andf are happy with my service. yet i realize this could change that is why when i have a well paying private job i save money enough to pay a years payments on my home and have my truck paid off so that during times of working at an agency at 11.oo an hour i can still live in a comfortable manor untill something else pops up. good luck to all of you wonderful caring comrades salute

carlosjmartin4@gmail.com in Hialeah, Florida

64 months ago

Iam looking for a job of Pct-HHa-Phlebotomy and Ekg technician or Security in Hialeah City preferably now I have experience in this work for Nurse in Cuba for 20 years

contentcreator in Austin, Texas

64 months ago

Nicole in New York, New York said: I wonder if I make the right choice by going to school to become a Medical Assistant.I can't find a job in New York City to save my life. Now on my way to do CNA classes. I have noticed that most of the job openings are for CNA's.. I love to be able to give back and assist those who can't assist themselves.I would hate to think of another two years of schooling just after finishing but, in so many words this is what I take with me from the messages I have read so far..RN may be our only hope... Good Luck everyone and stay positve! Wonder who we can write to and let our voices be heard?

Hi Nicole. I am a Certified Nurse Assistant as well, but I don't do that type of work anymore, I started my own writing firm online, but I would say that the position for medical assistant ARE limited then it would be for CNA's. First off, CNA's work is waaaay harder than being a medical assistant, at least as far as physical labor. Its the job that noone really wants which means that it has a high turnover. To be truthful, in our economic times, it is a good idea to become a CNA because at least you have something to fall back on in case you lose a job or something. I just moved from MI to Austin, TX and they have a TON of jobs here in the heatlhcare profession.

i think you should try to find something in a medical office or small clinic. YOu might need to do some digging on teh Internet to find them. Just make a list of at least 100-200 clinics and call each one in one day and ask the dr. or the head of human resources if they need a medical assistant and what you have to offer. This is how I found my last job. ONE of those 100-200 clinics will say YES, i guarantee it! But, I would suggest you go back to school to become a LPN or RN. I know some places where you can become an LPN in about 11 months. That's only 2 more months of edication to become a medical assistant! and the pay is almost double! Good luck to you:)

APH in Saint Louis, Missouri

64 months ago

I think that a cna can make as much money as she wants. I sell myself to families...I just had a job making 15hrly for 4yrs...I decided to let it go to be home for awhile...I setmy price then I allow them to make their decision..I've been doing this for many yrs. I will never ever work in a nursing home again..You are so true about the pay and what they ask of you :-(

MARIA

64 months ago

HI TO ALL CNA'S FROM MARIA; I JUST WANT TO SAID THAT IT IS VERY HARD TO WORK WITH SICK AND OLD PEOPLE.ON ONE SIDE.AND IN THE OTHER SIDE THE NURSES, GIVING ORDERS LIKE WE WERE MACHINES.I CANT STANDED IDONT KNOW UNTIL.WHEN AM GOING TO WORK AT THIS RITM?please if you are a nurseJUST LEAVE ME ALONE SPECIALLY YOU JIM IF YOU READ THIS? CHAT A LITTLE YOUR MOUTH.YOU TALK MORE THAN A ELECTRIC PAPAGALLO, OK AM VERY SORRY. BUT TAKE CARE AND GOD PLEASE AND PROTECT TO ALL THE CNA FROM THIS BAD PEOPLE, AMEN ,,,,,,,,, CHAO FROM COLORADO.

MARIA

64 months ago

IAM PROUD OF BEING A CNA. CHAO

JeepCarrie in Mt Holly, New Jersey

64 months ago

I have been a CNA previously and just had to re take the program since I let my certification lapse.... what a mistake that was. But I am shocked and pretty sickened by the fact that the pay rate has basically stayed the same after so many years... this is peoples relatives and loved ones we are caring for... and to get paid 10$ hourly to take care of a minimum of 15 residents is outrageous!!!! That is less than 1$ per resident an hour... And the facilities wonder why the heck they can't keep staff and are always short?!?!?! HELLOOOOOO it's called I love what I do and I want to be paid for the hard work that is involved also... it makes it a lot easier to go to work knowing you are being compensated for what you do... not being treated like a moron and paid like crap... the aides know more about the residents than the doctors, nurses, and most the time the families as well!!!

JAYLOVE in Reading, Pennsylvania

62 months ago

I HAVE JUST FINISHED A TRAINING FOR BECOMING A CNA,AND IT WAS VERY REWARDING TO ME.I LEARNED ALOT AND WAS VERY GREATFUL FOR MY INSTRUCTOR.I WAS A HHA IN NEW YORK A FEW YEARS BACK AND LOVED IT AND NOW I PASSED MY COURSE AND MY CLINICALS AND AM VERY PROUD....SO NOW I AM WAITING TO BE TESTED BY THE RED CROSS TO BE CERTIFIED I CANT WAIT.HOPEFULLY I WILL GET TO WORK SOON ,AND START GIVING CARE TO ALL WHO NEED IT...GOD BLESS ALL WHO HAVE BEEN DOING WORK AS A CNA AND THOSE WANTING TO BECOME A CNA FOR IT IS A VERY HARD JOB.................. GOD BLESS

koolvirgo in northglenn, Colorado

62 months ago

Suzie in North Dartmouth, Massachusetts said: Your absolutely right!!! I think its a shame that CNA's get paid so little for what they do...they do more for the residents than the nurses or doctors do...its awful...I hope it changes soon...It doesn't seem fair...it doesn't matter how good a CNA is...to be a CNA you first need to be a gifted person and really care about people, it certainly isn't for the money.

It's not fair. I been a cna for 12 years and geet paid $13.66. I work my ass off and I train new cna's on top of my job. Cna's do most of the work and we need to start getting paid and treated with respect.

MULDER4040 in Fort Plain, New York

60 months ago

I have been a cna for more than 20 yrs and yes some of the stuff i have read i agree with and some i dont I work in a nursing home and yes some nurses let the letters LPN go to there head but others do help,They help us walk, they help us with transfers and help us pass trays and will help us feed,My Director of nursing isnt affraid to get her hands dirty she will help us also she isnt affraid to step up and help with feeding ,walking or having to help do care on a resident,she even takes time to have a one on one talk with them she dosnt just walk by someone she will take the time to talk to them ,and need be she will anser call light for us .

ghys in Valley Stream, New York

59 months ago

MARIA said: HI TO ALL CNA'S FROM MARIA; I JUST WANT TO SAID THAT IT IS VERY HARD TO WORK WITH SICK AND OLD PEOPLE.ON ONE SIDE.AND IN THE OTHER SIDE THE NURSES, GIVING ORDERS LIKE WE WERE MACHINES.I CANT STANDED IDONT KNOW UNTIL.WHEN AM GOING TO WORK AT THIS RITM?please if you are a nurseJUST LEAVE ME ALONE SPECIALLY YOU JIM IF YOU READ THIS? CHAT A LITTLE YOUR MOUTH.YOU TALK MORE THAN A ELECTRIC PAPAGALLO, OK AM VERY SORRY. BUT TAKE CARE AND GOD PLEASE AND PROTECT TO ALL THE CNA FROM THIS BAD PEOPLE, AMEN ,,,,,,,,, CHAO FROM COLORADO.

HI I WANT TO COME OVER THERE IN COLORADO.CAN YOU TELL ME PLEASE A LITTLE THING ABOUT THE LIVE AND JOBS OVER THERE? THANKS

Laura in Plainfield, New Jersey

58 months ago

The nurses do play a big part in a patients stay at the hospital or nursing
home, and there schooling is longer, but a CNA has a personal special relationship with the patient or resident. I was a nursing assistant for twenty years, and it is was hard work. I feel a CNA really gets to know their patients better on a daily basis's. I do think we need more American women to fill theses positions a patient who is 80 years old from the USA wants to see another American as their care giver. I do agree that CNA'S are under paid, and that is ashame. It does take a special person to do that kind
of work day in and day out.

eds32070 in Fairfax, Virginia

57 months ago

I am certified CNA too for 3 months now but still couldn't find a job.I had one good interview and i'd been told that i have to handle 10 to 12 residents during my shift.,would that be fair for their 11.50 rates given that they said i am a newly graduate.I need all your comments and opinion Thanks

rlewis200522 in Webb City, Missouri

56 months ago

My girlfriend has her CNA and other certificates and she works in a home with two eldery people with many physical and mental disabilities. She is the only one with the company that can fully understand the two and she is probably the only one that actually cares about the clients. She has workers below her with less responsibilities that have been there less time and they make more money than she does. They are paying her less than 8 dollars an hour and she works well over 50 hours a week. She is trying to finish up school and has two boys that are active in many sports and no time to spend with them because of her minimum wage job as a home care profesional. She is very good at what she does and I think it is unethical and should be illegal to pay someone the same amount to take care of the disabled as they pay a person to make a cheesburger at a fast food restaraunt. No offense to those in the fast food industry.

sweet heart in Tulsa, Oklahoma

56 months ago

all I can say is damn , I work in a call center & I make 16.75 , currently going to school to get my RN

sweetgoodbye16 in Tulsa, Oklahoma

56 months ago

sweet heart in Tulsa, Oklahoma said: all I can say is damn , I work in a call center & I make 16.75 , currently going to school to get my RN

Just wondering where you work. Could you e-mail me? sweetgoodbye16@yahoo.com

ghys in Saint Albans, New York

54 months ago

how is the cna job in austin. are there plainty of cna job? thanks

On Here in Long Beach, California

54 months ago

It might be, just check indeed's salaries and type in Cna in austin

frustrated in Lowell, Massachusetts

53 months ago

lisa17 in Spanaway, Washington said: I am attending school to be an RN. In the meantime I just started my first nursing job as a NAR awaiting testing to become a CNA. I get no medical for 1 year, no vacation time and 10.20 an hour. The position will be day's...the busiest shift! CNA work is 99% of the work. We are the one's who care, listen and report. We are the one's who are the backbone of care. So why do we receive so little. Pay should reward you for what you've done. Not punish you for the good you bring!

Why are some cna's disrespectful and try to make your day miserable when you are a new cna. They don't like it that you were assigned to your floor because you are new, or so it seems. They bark at you all day long. I put up with this all day on my first day, and just stayed pleasant to this person. These older (older-more experienced) cna's are unaproachable, and when I do ask a question, I get barked back at me like I have a nerve to even ask. I'm not doing this for a hobby. I need the job and also thought I would love working with older people. I didn't know the people who you work with could be so disrespectful to people. They are like lightbulbs. They are nice one minute and all smiley the next, ask a question and they turn into a scorpion, next minute a purring kitten. Next minute the same cycle all day long. What will day 2 bring?

CNA2RN in Spring Hill, Florida

52 months ago

Wow! After reading all of this I know that being a CNA can't possibly be for the money otherwise some of you may have quit a long time ago. I am starting a CNA class next week and despite all of the bad experiences I am still excited. Of course I am not doing it for the money. I want a job that will provide a good living and is rewarding at the same time. I LOVE people and I love taking care of people. If this is not what you love to do being a CNA is not for you. I know that they don't get paid much, but this is just a stepping stone for me. I am going to be an RN then a Nurse Practitioner. Don't stop here CNA's... go further! Best wishes.

nina in Springfield Gardens, New York

51 months ago

Question: Do you have to have good credit to be a cna and is bonding apart of the employment process

CNA2RN in Spring Hill, Florida

51 months ago

I don't think so Nina, but I know that they do require a criminal background check to issue the license.

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.