Free HHA training

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (41)

Jenn Olijnyk in Providence, Rhode Island

66 months ago

Hello,
I'm moving this weekend to Rhode Island around the Providence area. I'm interested in getting my HHA certificate. Does anyone know of a free training program or an inexpensive one. Thanks very much.

my email: jennbleu@hotmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (390) / No (70) Reply - Report abuse

doha in Rego Park, New York

65 months ago

HELLO
i am living in rego park ,i m interested in getting free HHA certificat , please may i have some information about how many days i will getting HHA certificate and and witch center or place is nair to my location to make a training for that
my email;bahassi64@hotmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (139) / No (27) Reply - Report abuse

temy in Bronx, New York

60 months ago

i just finished my CNA class but have not written the state board exam and i want to know if i can get a job as a HHA before i do the state board.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (57) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

lolacola in Jamaica, New York

59 months ago

i live in queens they have free HHA classes at the Visiting Nurse Service of New York city the only thing you will have to pay for your book and the book is just $50.00. you can get the book form the library or online the name of the book is "THE HOME HEALTH AIDE HANDBOOK" by Jetta Fuzy, RN, MS its an green little book with 232 pages with everything you need to know in it.

well good luck and i hope this info help you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (63) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

princess

58 months ago

lolacola in Jamaica, New York said: i live in queens they have free HHA classes at the Visiting Nurse Service of New York city the only thing you will have to pay for your book and the book is just $50.00. you can get the book form the library or online the name of the book is "THE HOME HEALTH AIDE HANDBOOK" by Jetta Fuzy, RN, MS its an green little book with 232 pages with everything you need to know in it.

Do they offer it online?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

no only in a training class sorry.
the class are like 14 day to 3 weeks max so its not that bad..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

doha in Rego Park, New York said: HELLO
i am living in rego park ,i m interested in getting free HHA certificat , please may i have some information about how many days i will getting HHA certificate and and witch center or place is nair to my location to make a training for that

well if you google your zip code and the space hha classes google will give you the closes hha training center to you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

bee in New York, New York

58 months ago

lolacola in Jamaica, New York said: i live in queens they have free HHA classes at the Visiting Nurse Service of New York city the only thing you will have to pay for your book and the book is just $50.00. you can get the book form the library or online the name of the book is "THE HOME HEALTH AIDE HANDBOOK" by Jetta Fuzy, RN, MS its an green little book with 232 pages with everything you need to know in it.

how much do they pay an hour for ppl already certified?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lola in Jamaica, New York

58 months ago

min wage like 7-8 $s

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

lola in Jamaica, New York

58 months ago

try metro in queens were are you from? what part of ny

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

bee in Yonkers, New York

58 months ago

lola in Jamaica, New York said: try metro in queens were are you from? what part of ny

right now I'm in Yonkers, but I am actually moving to Manhattan on Sunday, so in order to pay rent , I need an agency with at LEAST $8.25 an hour with full time hours

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

claudette perry in Brooklyn, New York

58 months ago

doha in Rego Park, New York said: HELLO
My name is ms claudette perry and im very interested in the job position that your offering please contact me at.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

claudette perry in Brooklyn, New York

58 months ago

my name is claudette perry and I am very interested for the job you are offering please contact me at the following email below.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ebdadiva10 in brooklyn, New York

55 months ago

Do u have the number and address for them

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

daniel in London, United Kingdom

55 months ago

i live in uk and work as NVQ2 healthcare assistant in a nursing home. i will be moving to the US in april. Can i practice in the US or do i need another certification?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lisa198t in Providence, Rhode Island

54 months ago

hi i just moved to rhode island from ny as a hha but i need to be certified here does anybody know of a school in providence or a place where you dont need it

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

KAKOBENE in New Haven, Connecticut

52 months ago

i am living in connecticut does any one know a HHA TRAINING PLACE

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jackie in Brooklyn, New York

52 months ago

can you work at a nursing home with a hha eventhough you dont have a ged or high school diploma

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

lisa198t in Providence, Rhode Island

50 months ago

jackie in Brooklyn, New York said: can you work at a nursing home with a hha eventhough you dont have a ged or high school diploma

i though hha stand for home health aid to work in their home cna is for nursing homes

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Love100

50 months ago

Iam looking for a full time job , loving and caring Iam very concerned about a person well being love caring for other,s that are in need of care hire me !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Love100

50 months ago

Iam looking for a full time job , loving and caring Iam very concerned about a person well being love caring for other,s that are in need of care hire me ! sarahmorris46@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Maelizet in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

50 months ago

I live in florida were can I find a place that gives H.H.A clasess for free or unespensive in Ft. Lauderdale, I also want to now if you can work in hospic with out a H.H.A and train while work, If you can help thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

Hi I live in Hollywood FL. I want to know if anyone has information about H.H.A clasess in my area, if theres any place that gives the clasess for free or inexpensive, and I also want to know if theres any way I can work in hospic
or any Hospital and recive my training there and get my H.H.A for free.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

Hi I live in Hollywood FL. I want to know if anyone has information about H.H.A clasess in my area, if theres any place that gives the clasess for free or unexspensive, and I also want to know if theres any way I can work in hospic
or any Hospital and recive my training there and get my H.H.A for free.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

CC in Rocky Point, New York

50 months ago

This is a list of all NYS FREE Home Health Aid (HHA)/Certified Nurse Assistant(CNA)Class
This is for all of New York and Long Island. I recommend calling the Home Care Agency closest to you for their class dates.

Copy and paste in search engine browser.

www.health.state.ny.us/professionals/home_care/curriculum/docs/home_health_aide_training_program_facilities_list.pdf

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

michele in New Haven, Connecticut

46 months ago

how long is the training and will i be able to use the cert.in new have

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

michele in New Haven, Connecticut

46 months ago

will i be able to work in new haven conn.after im certifed

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

immacula Guervil in Brooklyn, New York

43 months ago

hello i am living in new york, i m interested in getting free hha certicat.Please may i have some information about how many days i will getting hha certicate and witch center to my location to make a training for that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

immacula Guervil in Brooklyn, New York

43 months ago

hello i am living in new york, i m interested in getting free hha certicat.Please may i have some information about how many days i will getting hha certicate and witch center to my location to make a training for that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Polo in Nyack, New York

43 months ago

immacula Guervil in Brooklyn, New York said: hello i am living in new york, i m interested in getting free hha certicat.Please may i have some information about how many days i will getting hha certicate and witch center to my location to make a training for that.

I saw a list of free training on h h a h e l p. c o m

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Hazey in New York, New York

42 months ago

I know a place on 31st street and 6th avenue.. around every major train to 34th street.. its called progressive... the number is (xoxo212xoxo) xox273-xoxox5500xoxo they do the application and interview process in the same day.. Mon-Thurs 8:30am bring Identification and your Social ..everything is legitamate.. i was certified there. Good luck !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

bianca brown in New York, New York

39 months ago

Hi i am Bianca Brown and im lookin 4 a training so i can get my career going with hha cant u help me

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

cherylreeves49 in Tucker, Georgia

36 months ago

I'm looking for free training in or around tucker Georgia for HHA I WAS A HHA IN MICHIGAN BUT YOU DIDN'T HAVE A CERTIFICATION THEN NOW I LIVE HERE IN GEORGIA YOU HAVE TOHERE I HAVE 15 YRS OF EXPERIENCE PLUS A MEDICAL ASSISTANT, SO IF ANY ONE KNOWS OF A PLACE PLEASE REPLY AND LET ME KNOW.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

John Burnside in New York City, New York

32 months ago

I found a cool website through a friend its 59.99 and after you complete the course they send you a certificate. I landed a good job almost immediately after. Well here the website and goodluck www.newyorkhhaonline.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

John Burnside in New York City, New York

32 months ago

I found a cool website through a friend its 59.99 and after you complete the course they send you a certificate. I landed a good job almost immediately after. Well here the website and goodluck <A HREF=www.newyorkhhaonline.com>NewyorkHHAonline.com</a>

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Gio in Hempstead, New York

27 months ago

is there a free training facility in hempstead known. the health department of NY lists too many and most i ran into are closed.

email at giovanni.figueroa40@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

annoyed in Brooklyn, New York

24 months ago

once you have completed your home health aide training, please realize they are agencies that think the are operating a modern day slave trade.Central Home Care being one. You get disrespected by their crackhead patients but also by their insensitive staff that think its okay for you to be slaving away for close to minimum wage in an unsafe stressful environment. and they have the nerve to put competitive wage on their ads. if you apply to any agency ask them straight up how much are you getting paid.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Renee in Sacramento, California

11 months ago

If you're looking for free hha training, I found a good resource at www.howtobecomeahomehealthaide.com/where-to-get-free-home-health-aide-training

good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Pamela in Florida

10 months ago

Maelizet in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: I live in florida were can I find a place that gives H.H.A clasess for free or unespensive in Ft. Lauderdale, I also want to now if you can work in hospic with out a H.H.A and train while work, If you can help thank you.

Hi. I live in West Palm Beach, are looking for free glasses on HHA training can you help. Pamela Nichols. E-Mail me

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

iasiashannon23

7 months ago

I was wondering is there any HHA classes available in Brooklyn, NY..been trying to look for one that will start away...I need something ASAP...I HAVE A CHILD THAT I NEED RO PROVIDE FOR...

Mable in Brooklyn, New York

7 months ago

iasiashannon23 said: I was wondering is there any HHA classes available in Brooklyn, NY..been trying to look for one that will start away...I need something ASAP...I HAVE A CHILD THAT I NEED RO PROVIDE FOR...

Hello Shannon,

I am also looking for free HHA classes, and I found a few, and still doing more research to see which agency pays more. However, the two legitimate websites home health care agencies I can recommend to you so far are the following.

www.centerlight.org/careers/category/free_home_health_aide_training
www.vnsny.org/careers/positions-by-specialty/home-health-aides/

I would recommend you to do more research. There are some pros and cons people say about agencies. Check out this forum that's already on indeed forums:

www.indeed.com/forum/job/home-health-aide/Hourly-Rate-HHA-Companies-NY/t177031

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.