Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 56)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Sexygyal in Jamaica, New York

47 months ago

Here is my history with hha ,
Im 25 years old I Want to get into the nursing field
I figured i'll start with hha and work my way up to cna ,lpn or rn .So I went and paid $400
to get training for my certificate, Plus $90 for my physical
I did my training in june 2010. To this day october 2010 I still have not found
not one agency that pays $10 dollars at least.
I spent all my days searching craigslist for hha companies
let my say that most of those home care agency's are liar's, the post false advertisement to wheel people in.
They'll say $8.50-$11 dollars but 95% of the time its not true.
I've gone to so many companies that im at the point where im so discouraged because Im tired of the lies,And I dont want to settle for a company paying anything under $9.00 I dont think anyone should have to, I Don't have a family to raise but that's not the point what about the people who do, and have bills to pay as well
Who can survive with $7.50 and hr.
I really trying to find a job in an assisted living facility but those thing are so hard to get into.
They are a bunch of them in Manhattan queens and brooklyn but for some odd reason whenever I call then they are never hiring.
I did get one job at a assisted living facility in Queens name elm york assisted living facility. I worked there for one day but never went back because they paid $7.50 ever two weeks, 40 hrs and you work every weekend. the place was nasty. I had to be there from 630am-3pm , and you only get 30 minutes lunch break, And to top if off each aide had about 14 patients for themselves to care for. I didn't mind it but really all that for only $ 7.50
Its so discouraging.

Second place i went to was the avondale group in manhattan they post ads on craigslist claiming to have jobs available immediately in assisted living facilities that's a lie first off they only pay $8.00 and they don't have jobs in assisted living facilities they have jobs out in the field.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (111) / No (22) Reply - Report abuse

merl in Brooklyn, New York

39 months ago

so true they just robbing poor people

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (42) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

Caring Member in Valley Stream, New York

37 months ago

Sara Companion Services in Valley Stream pays $10 an hour.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (33) Reply - Report abuse

merl jackson in Brooklyn, New York

33 months ago

someone has to look after us, no one do we just work and work these people taking advantage on hha ,it,s a business, i dont think they care, but i heard by nex year the state will take over so some hope for hha and pca

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Taniesha in Bellmore, New York

33 months ago

Right on the money sweetie.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Taniesha in Bellmore, New York

33 months ago

Medical benefits, 401K, union those are things that Sara doesnt offer and never will...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

haha in New York, New York

32 months ago

So you want a job that requires no high school diploma or GED but that pays $10 an hour!? that's hilarious!!! HHA jobs normally cater to unskilled workers who have no means. If you want better pay then take out a loan and go to school cause you won't make any money off anything learned in some rinky dink vocational school.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (96) Reply - Report abuse

lala in Bronx, New York

30 months ago

Amazing now pays $9 they were paying 7.25 before.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Kim in Bronx, New York

30 months ago

YEs i go to amazing also and they pay $9. they also giving me benefits

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

lala in Bronx, New York

30 months ago

Kim in Bronx, New York said: YEs i go to amazing also and they pay $9. they also giving me benefits

me too. what kind of benefits they give us now?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

lala in Bronx, New York

30 months ago

Kim in Bronx, New York said: YEs i go to amazing also and they pay $9. they also giving me benefits

me too. what kind of benefits they give us now?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Kim in Bronx, New York

30 months ago

they giving health insurance. real cool. we work hard and we need that

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

CertiFine in JAMAICA, New York

30 months ago

(((Congrats Kim & Lala)))

No pay raise from premier as yet! :o(

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lala in Bronx, New York

30 months ago

CertiFine in JAMAICA, New York said: (((Congrats Kim & Lala)))

No pay raise from premier as yet! :o(

thanks girl you should think about switching agencies. because they playing with your money.

Bronx10461 in Atlanta, Georgia

30 months ago

Does anyone know if Bestcare in the Bronx is paying the $9 an hour?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

CertiFine in Bronx, New York

30 months ago

lala in Bronx, New York said: thanks girl you should think about switching agencies. because they playing with your money.

I am not going to switch at all. Time for me to go back to school. I need to find something that I like to do. This is like home health maid.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

CertiFine in JAMAICA, New York

30 months ago

Bronx10461 in Atlanta, Georgia said: Does anyone know if Bestcare in the Bronx is paying the $9 an hour?

You have to call compliance/payroll/union or look on your paycheck. You should be getting $9 an hour. I am! :o)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

30 months ago

I work for Best Care in the Bronx and I'm still getting 7.25! I was told by them that only certain Medicaid cases pay 9.00! Is this true? I'm confused I thought I was going to get 9.00 no matter what!

Lala

30 months ago

Bronx10461 in Atlanta, Georgia said: I work for Best Care in the Bronx and I'm still getting 7.25! I was told by them that only certain Medicaid cases pay 9.00! Is this true? I'm confused I thought I was going to get 9.00 no matter what!

You should be getting 9.00/hr NO MATTER WHAT.

fatoumata in New York, New York

30 months ago

anybody not getting 9 should just go to other agency. where i work i get 9 now for every case and also benefits

marissa in Wantagh, New York

30 months ago

Well if you get benefits you definitely dont work for sara companions

30 months ago

marissa in Wantagh, New York said: Well if you get benefits you definitely dont work for sara companions

So u should be getting 10.35 an hour, right?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

marissa in Wantagh, New York

30 months ago

Sara companions only cares about themselves and THEIR MONEY.
They give you NOTHING.
Go to LIJ HOME HEATH CARE...They treat you right.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

kema in Mount Vernon, New York

29 months ago

Kim in Bronx, New York said: they giving health insurance . real cool. we work hard and we need that

hello i use to do hha with allen and i quit because i wasnt
making enough but im thinking bout getting back into it do i have to do the training over and is amazing a great agency to go with

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Kim in Bronx, New York

28 months ago

ye. i would do it. i like working for them

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

annoyed in Brooklyn, New York

24 months ago

WANT TO WARN EVERY NEW AIDE TO STAY AWAY FROM CENTRAL HOME CARE IN FAR ROCKAWAY, QUEENS. THEY ARE THE WORST AGENCY EVER. ALL THEIR PATIENTS ARE DRUG ADDICTS FROM ADULT HOMES AND THEIR ONLY CASE THAT ARE NOT ADDICTS IS AN ELDERLY DISABLED COUPLE THAT THINKS AIDES ARE MODERN DAY SLAVES. BAD ENOUGH THIS COUPLE CAN'T DO ANYTHING FOR THEIRSELVES AND DEPEND ON YOU FOR EVERYTHING. THEY SCREAM AT YOU, TELL LIES ON YOU. AND DESPITE ACTING AS IF THEY CAN"T DO ANYTHING FOR THEMSELVES. THE WIFE IS STILL ABLE TO LIFT HER ARM TO TAKE A SWING AT YOU IF YOU DON'T DO SOMETHING TO HER LIKING. LIKE USE BLEACH ON THE CARPET SHE JUST DEFECATED ON. WHEN ME AND MY COWORKERS COMPLAIN ABOUT THIS CASE: WE WERE TOLD WE WERE BEING PAID WELL ENOUGH. $4.50 PER PATIENT IS WELL ENOUGH. STAY AWAY FROM THIS AGENCY

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (38) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Jean in Woodhaven, New York

20 months ago

Not all hha,are negative on education. I worked for Citibank 25 years,very educated,some college. I need just a little something to get me over for a number of years,plus I am also training for CNA DO WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nyema in Bronx, New York

18 months ago

Tenisha in New York, New York said: You dont have to be so nasty! You DO NOT know the things that we go through on a daily basis. Education has NOTHING to do with it! Most of us want to strive for higher earning postions such as LPN'S OR RN'S and use this as a way to gain experience while making money at the same time.Some of us work hard during the day and go to school at night. I don't think we plan on doing this for the rest of our lives,just something to start us off. And we put up with ALOT. Rude/nasty people,people taking advantage and thinking we're maids,and so on and so forth. You don't know people's situations so please don't be so ignorant. One day when your old,your probrably going to need an "unskilled worker." You have a one world way of thinking. Must suck for you.

You are so right n keep doing what u doing

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Nyema in Bronx, New York

18 months ago

caregiver in Shirley, New York said: How dare you I guess you have no mother father or family members, and you will probably never get old , disable or sick in fact you are going to live forever , remember while you are laying on that bed needing assistant , please be certain to check the credentials and education of your doctor and all the workers that attend to you ...what a bunch of garbage.
when you visit Macdonalds wendy's or burger king , do you screen the food handlers , cashiers etc . on their education.
please get a life grow up and stop being a bigot.

WHAT DOES MONEY OR EDUCATION HAVE TO DO WITH BIRTH ( SPRING ) YOUTH (SUMMER) MIDDLE AGE (FALL) OR WINTER ( DYING)
as a caregiver I would be happy to meet and interview some of these ambitious individuals.....you suck u need to get a life .... Hha are some hard workers I use to be one now I'm a Lpn and I worked as an hha to build my skills ... To get a start somewhere because that's what you have to do .... However get your it together and stop down talking others ....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Salcare Home Health Care Services Inc in New York, New York

17 months ago

Bring your HHA certificate or PCA certificate and come apply at Salcare Home Health Services, Inc. 130 W. 42nd Street, Suite 650, New York, NY (between 6th Avenue and Broadway - all trains go to the Times Square area). We pay $9.50 plus benefits. Applications taken Monday through Friday, 9 AM through 3 PM. Been in business over 20 years. We treat you right!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Chavelle in Far Rockaway, New York

13 months ago

Allen Health Care start you off with $9.00 a hour and they have benefits

Sandra in Bronx, New York

13 months ago

nobody should pay u 9. go to my agency and they'll take care of you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Cudleys Homecare service in Brooklyn, New York

13 months ago

We at Cudleys Home Care value our aides and provide $10.93 per hour or $9.50 per hour with medical benefits. We also provide over-time, paid vacations, immediate work in all five boroughs and upstate New York. Some of our aides also receive bonuses for bringing their friends in. We are generally looking for female English/Spanish speaking and Russian/English speaking aides. If you are interested, please come and apply between our application accepting hours of 10am to 3pm, Monday through Friday, at 1122 Coney Island avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11230

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

lisette in Bronx, New York

12 months ago

go to Amazing Home Care. they have cases all over. look them up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

african queen in Bronx, New York

12 months ago

haha in New York, New York said: So you want a job that requires no high school diploma or GED but that pays $10 an hour!? that's hilarious!!! HHA jobs normally cater to unskilled workers who have no means. If you want better pay then take out a loan and go to school cause you won't make any money off anything learned in some rinky dink vocational school.

u neeed to shut ur mouth

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Me in Brooklyn, New York

11 months ago

haha in New York, New York said: So you want a job that requires no high school diploma or GED but that pays $10 an hour!? that's hilarious!!! HHA jobs normally cater to unskilled workers who have no means. If you want better pay then take out a loan and go to school cause you won't make any money off anything learned in some rinky dink vocational school.

That's not true I went to a vocational school for CNA GOT PAID 9.50 then I also went to a vocational school for lpn getting paid 27 so it doesn't matter what school you oh to it matters what trade you are going for

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Home Care in New York, New York

10 months ago

Go to www.jewishhome.org and apply for HHA jobs.
Very good Agency, they have mentors for new aides, cases in Bronx, Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens and Westchester.

prindessjsa in Bronx, New York

9 months ago

The worse agency to wirk with is PROGRESSIVE do not try to apply there , coordinator r rude dobt evn care of the aides, no cases to give u, I wait for 1 month always say no case evn replacement. To call or ask for work takes almost 2 hrs waiting sometimes dey hang it up .Premier hired $7.60 dats ridiculous.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

prindessjsa in Bronx, New York

9 months ago

Salcare Home Health Care Services Inc in New York, New York said: Bring your HHA certificate or PCA certificate and come apply at Salcare Home Health Services, Inc. 130 W. 42nd Street, Suite 650, New York, NY (between 6th Avenue and Broadway - all trains go to the Times Square area). We pay $9.50 plus benefits. Applications taken Monday through Friday, 9 AM through 3 PM. Been in business over 20 years. We treat you right!

Huh u should give ur exam like practical I mean like how hha work on duty not vocabulary of a medical field or nurse, wer not applying as a nurse to know medical terms.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Salcare Home Health Care Services Inc in New York, New York

9 months ago

prindessjsa in Bronx, New York said: Huh u should give ur exam like practical I mean like how hha work on duty not vocabulary of a medical field or nurse, wer not applying as a nurse to know medical terms.

The questions given are taken right out of the HHA and PCA exams from the course curriculum. Additionally, we give a practical exam to those who pass the written one. As the test writer, I will make it my duty to review the exams once more to make sure it is up to date with the most current curriculum! Always appreciate feedback, as that is what makes our agency continuously growing in quality!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

misslorde in Mount Vernon, New York

7 months ago

Home Care in New York, New York said: Go to www.jewishhome.org and apply for HHA jobs.
Very good Agency, they have mentors for new aides, cases in Bronx, Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens and Westchester.

Is jewish home lifecare really a good agency and how much do they pay because I have an information class with them on thursday in the bronx.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jackson in Mount Vernon, New York

7 months ago

Home Care in New York, New York said: Go to www.jewishhome.org and apply for HHA jobs.

do you know how much they pay

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

MIkeB26 in New York, New York

6 months ago

I'm an RN in New York who worked in homecare for 6 years. To all you home health aides and home attendants: thank you. Thank you not just for making my job so much easier, but for lending meaning to the lives of your patients who suffer so terribly from sickness and loneliness. Thank you too for saving lives. You are the people in those homes all day, every day bringing your intelligence, hard work and compassion to people who are often forsaken by everyone else. (Not me. Not the doctors. You.) Bless you as you have blessed your patients.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

experienced with aides in Brooklyn, New York

5 months ago

merl in Brooklyn, New York said: so true they just robbing poor people

You guys have to learn how to speak properly and spell and type out in proper grammar to be taken seriously. Also, you guys want to get higher pay right out of the gate and that is not realistic for any job. I have dealt with you guys for several years and I have seen so many ignorant nasty and sometimes smelly lazy pigs that are in it due to being forced off of welfare and quite frankly you don't deserve that kind of money unless you truly earn it. It should be a competitive pay not for any one who wants the money and sit on their tush while the patient is laying there unfed and uncleaned and abused or robbed. I have met only a handful of great Aides and that is a shame.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

experienced with aides in Brooklyn, New York

5 months ago

MIkeB26 in New York, New York said:

You must be joking right now??? They're are only a few good aides and they are very hard to find. I have seen horrible with aides and they take advantage of patients when no one is there to watch over them. I have had experiences and have met only a few good aides that I adore. It breaks my heart how cold people are but it's in the upbringing. I can't stand ignorant adies that talk that ghetto talk and pick their noses all day and whine of their hard lives and do drugs and you know this is true. The nice aides I have done nice things for and will never forget them and even pop by the nursing home on the rare occasion to give them a hug.

Jane in Bronx, New York

5 months ago

Hi All,

I felt a need to respond to this thread.

I started out working for 7.25/hr! I took a lot of sh--!

You name it I had to endure it to rise above.

Now I went through all that it made me a smart HHA because I know what to look for in a company and also with all the experience I now make $12/hr. And have started to work for myself.

In my honest opinion I live in the Bronx but won't work in the Bronx ever again for a agency because the agencies are just the worst and the patients too!

I know I am going to get some flack but it's the truth because I now only work Westchester and I get respect from the agencies and the patients. It's totally the opposite.

I have been there but you need to keep your head up and know there are better agencies out there! But also I have seen aide have a bad attitude because of lack of respect but you have to believe you are better then that!

I am lucky I have a car so it's easy for me. But it's worth the drive to have a good patient and respect from the agency.

This is just my two cents!

Jane

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

JAF in Montgomery, New York

5 months ago

BAYADA HHC out of Tarrytown NY pays 12-16/hr. If you have one year experience with your HHA certificate give them a call. I have worked w many agencies and they are TOP NOTCH!!!! Great company to work for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Tonia R in Bronx, New York

4 months ago

Me in Brooklyn, New York said: That's not true I went to a vocational school for CNA GOT PAID 9.50 then I also went to a vocational school for lpn getting paid 27 so it doesn't matter what school you oh to it matters what trade you are going for

Which vocational school did you attend for LPN?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

doesjane in yonkers, New York

3 months ago

Is Mical home care in peekskill good to work for?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Destiny Guzman in New York, New York

2 months ago

I Work for Ultimate Home Care we pay 10$ with benefits we are looking for aides in all boroughs and who speak any language please contact us and ask for yini or rima and we will be happy to welcome you to our amazing team. please be sure to mention destiny from intake assisted with the information provided above. hope to hear we have larger orientations :) homecare.nyhealth.gov/overview.php?entity_id=7017L001&PHPSESSID=874cb536f77f4acb6ebc0ec4123f3f1a

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.