live in/rate per day

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

park slope chick in Brooklyn, New York

22 months ago

i would liek to know. i am going for training with preferred home care new york. it states in the contract $134 per day for live in. is it $134 for 12 hours shift or $134 for 24 hour shift?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

cookie in Brooklyn, New York

21 months ago

Yes they do pay $134 4 live in but they limit u certain amount of days maybe 3 or 4 because of the overtime and they don't pay 4 holidays when u do live ins all these agency's is bull----

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

MarciaW in Wayne, Pennsylvania

18 months ago

park slope chick in Brooklyn, New York said: i would liek to know. i am going for training with preferred home care new york. it states in the contract $134 per day for live in. is it $134 for 12 hours shift or $134 for 24 hour shift?

It's for 24 hours. And the sad thing is they probably charge the client $250-$300.

You are better off trying to get a job on your own and charge $150-$170. I do it all the time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

loosehey in Ridgewood, New Jersey

7 months ago

MarciaW in Wayne, Pennsylvania said: It's for 24 hours. And the sad thing is they probably charge the client $250-$300.

You are better off trying to get a job on your own and charge $150-$170. I do it all the time.

From what I have heard…Agency asking $230 pays 130 (weekdays) more for weekends
supposed to be 12 hours of work many people have to hire another aide to cover for the "live in's' down time
another agency stated 8 hours on 8 hours off 8 hours help a little
so I ask why in the world would I want a live in that works 8 hours and offers some help for another 8….and still hire another aide to cover the live in
These agencies are getting away with theft cause they can…
When the client pays 20 -25 /hour and the aide gets peanuts...

7 months ago

MarciaW in Wayne, Pennsylvania said: It's for 24 hours. And the sad thing is they probably charge the client $250-$300.

So are you off the books, pay your own taxes or have client pay your taxes as their employee???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

7 months ago

cookie in Brooklyn, New York said: Yes they do pay $134 4 live in but they limit u certain amount of days maybe 3 or 4 because of the overtime and they don't pay 4 holidays when u do live ins all these agency's is bull----

I pay time and 1/2 to agency…The agency pays the HHA their time and a half and takes the rest (larger portion)
I think that is so sleazy…for the most part one or 2 office staff 'work' from home to handle call outs

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

cory in Bronx, New York

2 months ago

Hey how do you find your own patients

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

anony in Malvern, Pennsylvania

2 months ago

I place my cards/fliers @ Sr. Care Centers, Churches, etc.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.