how to work as an HHA privately

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Jennifer30 in Astoria, New York

22 months ago

I just finished training as an HHA and I start soon. I know I am going to need some experience but I was wondering are there any HHA 's that work or have worked privately? Any advice on this adventure that I am about to embark on would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

MarciaW in Wayne, Pennsylvania

20 months ago

That's all I do. I screen the clients carefully and will not take assignments with cray families, or clients that clearly should be in a formal hospital like environment. I present my rules, expectations from day 1. I typically charge $150/day live-in and min. $15/hr. rate (min. 4 hrs). I will not drive clients in my own car due to liability, either.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Salcare Home Health Care Services Inc in New York, New York

20 months ago

Jennifer30 in Astoria, New York said: I just finished training as an HHA and I start soon. I know I am going to need some experience but I was wondering are there any HHA 's that work or have worked privately? Any advice on this adventure that I am about to embark on would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Word of caution here: You must do 12 hours of in-service with a home care agency annually in order to keep your HHA certificate from lapsing. It can lapse in two years if you don't keep up with your hours. This can be verified on the New York State Home Care Registry.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.